As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I'd love it if Bandai would bring back the entire Machine Robo 600 series (the series Harrier Robo is in). I didn't realize they were called the 600 series since they were 600 yen each when they came out.

https://machinerobo.fandom.com/wiki/Machine_Robo_600

Edit: I have a handful of these guys from Hawai'i when we would visit my grandparents. Still in their boxes too!

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I'd love it if Bandai would bring back the entire Machine Robo 600 series (the series Harrier Robo is in). I didn't realize they were called the 600 series since they were 600 yen each when they came out.

Edit: I have a handful of these guys from Hawai'i when we would visit my grandparents. Still in their boxes too!

When we went to our daughter's preschool orientation several years ago they were showing off what they had for toys.

I was legitimately amazed that they had a bunch GoBots as part of the toy pile. Some I hadn't seen or thought about in years.

Nobody on
  • Options
    Nobody wrote: »

When we went to our daughter's preschool orientation several years ago they were showing off what they had for toys.

I was legitimately amazed that they had a bunch GoBots as part of the toy pile. Some I hadn't seen or thought about in years.

That is one good preschool. Teach them early to love robots.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    If it didn't cost an arm and a leg, I'd totally be down for picking up a Puzzler. (Gobot combiner that was notable for having zero additional parts; the first, head and feet are all built into the figures)

Actually, I'm not sure how much they cost.

*checks ebay*

Not quite as pricey as I thought, but I don't want to spend $120+ on it.

• Options

She has a plastic tub full of Botbots she still gets out to play with every now and then, gotten me transformers as gifts, and has been very interested in my plastic battlemechs when I've had them out so she's on the right path.

Also occasionally takes the wheel in MWO testing grounds to run around. favorite map so far is Solaris because all the pretty lights and cars she can stomp on.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    If it didn't cost an arm and a leg, I'd totally be down for picking up a Puzzler. (Gobot combiner that was notable for having zero additional parts; the first, head and feet are all built into the figures)

Actually, I'm not sure how much they cost.

*checks ebay*

Not quite as pricey as I thought, but I don't want to spend $120+ on it.

I have them and their card backs somewhere. I seriously loved the hip car (I think it was a Celica/Supra cop car).

Yeah the one thing that is cool is that GoBots/Machine Robo bots are generally affordable.

Edit:

She has a plastic tub full of Botbots she still gets out to play with every now and then, gotten me transformers as gifts, and has been very interested in my plastic battlemechs when I've had them out so she's on the right path.

Also occasionally takes the wheel in MWO testing grounds to run around. favorite map so far is Solaris because all the pretty lights and cars she can stomp on.

Good Dad! I can't help stepping on the cars in Solaris as well. Plus running over street lights.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    And there she is.

https://en.kotobukiya.co.jp/product/product-0000004505/

3tcop7ml.jpg

Seeing Rainbow Dash's translucent hair, I have to assume that was the biggest part of the holdup. It looks insane.

T8XJGACl.jpg

This is kind of the one I'm most sad about getting in LE, even though it does complete the set for me. I really liked that they gave Rainbow Dash a darker skin tone in her normal version.

E14MDtrl.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I'm not a MLP fan bug Kotobukiya stuff always looks great. Their sculptors are top notch.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    4u386bsc0b7y.jpg
    4pp2upf48jpv.jpg
    Should have sent a poet

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Since we sold our house recently, I finally had enough money to get a body for Liara. She's in the blue wig since I don't have any tentacles for her yet. I also need to work on giving her "freckles" like Liara has.

9fd9tnruujzt.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Congratulations on selling the house and a body!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I'll take "Phrases that will some day be used as evidence in criminal court" for $500, please.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

What are "Things you say that get you on a government list?"

• Options
    Let's see how I can top my last post.

I have nothing.

So just wanted to point out that the Studio Series Arcee is up for pre-orders.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09WWXJ6KF

Also on Hasbro Pulse.

Along with a few other movie bots, but I know there were some interest in Arcee.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    I don't actually have a G1 style Arcee. So I went ahead and ordered that one.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    Hasbro Pulse put Dragstrip back up for sale.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-legacy-deluxe-decepticon-dragstrip

I forget if there was someone looking for one.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    So the newest Macross Bandai toy is now up on US sites. This is the Valkyrie from Macross Zero piloted by Roy (the same Roy from Macross). For those who don't know, Macross Zero is a series before the Macross (Robotech) series.

The toy is the HMR line which is smaller than the other line. I have a VF-1D, VF-4, and VF-2SS. They are nice and small (I can see if I can find my photos of them). They have some parts to add to them in each mode, such as fan covers in Battroid mode, landing gear for Fighter mode, extra hands, and smaller wings for Battroid mode. You can transform them without these parts which makes them fun in my mind.

Amazon doesn't have theirs up yet, but will probably put it up eventually.

Entertainment Earth:
    https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/macross-zero-roy-focker-vf0s-phoenix-himetal-r-action-figure/blfbas63742

Big Bad Toy Store:
    https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/207683

ToyDojo:
    https://toydojo.com/products/bandai-spirits-macross-zero-hi-metal-r-vf-0s-phoenix-roy-fokker-use

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Whelp.

Big Bad Toy Store forced me to ship what I had piling up, which sucks because the thing I was really waiting for should arrive in the next couple of weeks. But.. well, here we are.

6Rst9PSl.jpg

On the left is a DNA Designs upgrade kit for Studio Series RotF Optimus Prime and Jetfire. I already have an Optimus Prime upgrade kit for the DotM version I own, which is slick. This was mostly purchased because they are getting rare, and because it adds some really cool visual flair to Jetfire that I like. And who knows, maybe I'll make some way overcomplicated Heavy Arms version of Optimus.

The middle and right are the biggies: The Archecore vehicles I've been waiting for. Frost Light (the commander's truck), and Wolf Geri & Halfdan. ... I think I've missed out on getting the commander himself, sadly, but we'll see.

As with the earlier individual soldiers I got, these packages remain absolutely stunning. They are definitely leaning into their Techno-viking mentality, and treating these more like model kits than toys.

WyZE9ZGl.jpg

And, as expected for Japanese toys that cost this much... they come packaged VERY well and intelligently. Yes, this produces waste, as Hasbro loves to point out. But it also means I can put them away in their boxes if I so desire! Go figure! (The upgrade parts not so much... they'll be dropping off the pictures after this point.)

drxeQJeh.jpg

As the Archecore stuff is what I was mainly after, I had to just get them out of the boxes. The details are INSANE. Tons of paint apps, tons of little bits.. all hard plastic that unfortunately needs to be loosened in the joints carefully, but that is okay.

QUol6sLh.jpg

Sadly... it appears that the hot rod car mode for the Moonstalker does not have enough room to store the figure in it, with or without his cloak. That is because the entire inside is made up of parts of the transformation gimmick into gauntlets for Frost Light. Yes... these are combiners. Which is why I was waiting for the others to come out! :D

So off to wolf mode. As expected, Wolf Geri is extremely well articulated. In fact I surprised myself because I found a bit of the transformation by accident while following the standard instructions! I didn't realize his head split. But that's.. really cool, and I can't wait to see gauntlet mode.

I didn't take the time to get all the hands holding onto things properly... but I had to get a shot of Halfdan using the war horn. TOOT!

8NDxO0hh.jpg

I'm still playing with it obviously. As I'm about to tackle the big guy... oooh boy.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    The joints are stiff for a reason, I'm learning!

Let's do a little skid/show off, shall we?

5jUKgV4l.jpg

6Pjca6Pl.jpg

hgTwAkYl.jpg

It's cool that the tires are slightly rubbery, by the feel of it. Everything is SUPER tight. But once you trust yourself, as you can tell.. good poses can be made.

Before I go through transforming it, though, I wanted to see what the gauntlet mode brought to the party.

After a bit of fighting (man, these tolerances), Geri goes into gauntlet mode.

UlN6mVdl.jpg

J18NDH1l.jpg

LHRoVS0l.jpg

And after MORE fighting, Frost Light equips the sucker.

kZDkUpDh.jpg

It really is more like a gauntlet than a gestalt. They don't even hide the grip points. It's wildly articulated, but again that strength of the shoulder joints is gonna be put under a lot of pressure. Thankfully they are pretty solid ratchet joints.

abhok7Mh.jpg

Super Hero 3 point landing!!!

ZqJRIPLh.jpg

Athenor on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Y'know that's really hard on your knees

• Options
    Those look really cool! Glad they are really good in hand as well.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Last set of pics.

When I saw these, I knew I had to have them. The theme, the styling, the poseability, everything sung to me.

I'm so glad that no part of me regrets this purchase. I just need to track down the commander.. and decide if I want to get the dioramas/terrain. (probably not.)

The transformation was excellent. Lots of sliding bits, very rigid connections, ingenious placing of pins to help you along the way. It's actually much simpler than it looks! There are some die-cast metal parts, so I was sure to distribute the weight appropriately. Also you need to do one side at a time, because there isn't clearance if you do both at once. But that's okay, because once everything lines up, it's gravy. Also discovered it has toe tilt! It was so stiff at first that I didn't realize.

NSivXj2h.jpg

The way the panels fold down, and especially the armor, disguises the most "exposed" part - the back of the cab and the hitch area. But just looking at this, it's gonna look so great with its flatbed attached. Part of me almost wants two, in order to display them in both modes. ALMOST. (Cost is a factor.)

O8jK8EWh.jpg

And here's your size comparison. Archecore is 1/35 scale. Lego minifigure is *shrugemoji*, and the 30 minute missions dude is 1/144.

zMvkEljh.jpg

Edit: Hmm. There's already stress on the cloak parts of Halfdan. It looks like there's a "Sacrificial" soft ABS bit that acts like a polycap, and keeps things in place, but I can definitely see the gray getting stressed. That might be a worry in the long term.

Athenor on
  • Options
    That is pretty cool for the size. Somehow I thought they were bigger.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Transforming him back out of vehicle to robot mode... there are so many hidden joints, collapsed areas, panels, clips, and other things that are just not part of the standard transformation. On some level I knew this because, duh, it's always been advertised to have a berserker mode. But it's still intense seeing how much it's gonna unfold. :D

• Options
    So these guys are multi form transforming robots? Impressive!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    So Hasbro made a special Favreau figure for the Star Wars Celebration this weekend. They said that extras will go up for sale after.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-black-series-jon-favreau-paz-vizsla?_pos=1&_sid=cac4505a7&_ss=r

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    BBTS let me put in a preorder for Sludge, after I did so the listing indicated out of stock for preorders. Really curious if my preorder is going to stick or if it's going to be cancelled on Tuesday.

• Options
    So these guys are multi form transforming robots? Impressive!

Yup! I thought I posted them, but my imgur history begs to differ.

They teased it with the original announcement, but within the next few months we should be getting the last 2 pieces of the berserker armor we need.

Wolf Freki and Strula are next to be released (and the ones I hoped BBTS would get in before this shipment hit):

o3B9jagl.jpg

After that will be the Berserker Armor set, which is basically a flatbed with two mortar cannon mobile vehicles:

N9cggwJl.jpg

Sadly, the squad that pilots the mortar cannons comes separately. Dunno if I'm getting them.

8CMkpVbl.jpg

Here's all 4 vehicle sets together:

EhGe0v3l.jpg

But!

Berserker armor? Yeah. Like I said... let's get our Gestalt on. :D

The flatbed and mortar vehicles unfurl into this:

VJhLinDl.jpg

And when you combine EVERYTHING...

blyMRCTh.jpg

Yup. A giant-ass axe and not one, but TWO chainswords.

... I cannot wait to see just what the Ursus Guards are fighting.

• Options
    BBTS let me put in a preorder for Sludge, after I did so the listing indicated out of stock for preorders. Really curious if my preorder is going to stick or if it's going to be cancelled on Tuesday.

Going to guess you are good to go? I would doubt a site as automated as BBTS wouldn't have the inventory already inputted.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Going to guess you are good to go? I would doubt a site as automated as BBTS wouldn't have the inventory already inputted.

I have heard stories of BBTS cancelling preorders on people before, so who knows.

• Options

I have heard stories of BBTS cancelling preorders on people before, so who knows.

Sad to hear that. I'll cross my fingers for you then.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/CpJ_ZBV1tkM

I'm glad this kind of thing exists for the people who want it, but this transformation looks like a nightmare

• Options
    The fact that they were able to hide so many round shapes in the alt mode is seriously impressive.. but is also a testament to what you can do with essentially unlimited funds.

That said.. Devastator requiring a support stand in order to work properly is... telling.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    The Devil Saviour set has had - start to finish - incredibly overwrought, complicated, impossible-to-remember transformations. Every review of every figure in the series I've seen involves the most mellow and patient reviewers saying "I'm never transforming this again".

For extra credit, I think every figure in the series has had some kind of QC issue that leads to breakage. I think the figures and alt modes they've managed to create look very beautiful, but it sounds like a wildly frustrating experience to handle.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I would be extremely surprised if BBTS canceled something on you. I’m sure it’s possible, but I’ve never had it happen in the years I’ve used them. My guess is Sludge was out of stock, someone canceled their preorder so it opened up the stock, and your preorder put it back out of stock.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Earlier, I mentioned that I got the upgrade kit for Studio Series Jetfire / Optimus Prime.

I really didn't need it, because my particular Optimus was the Leader one, with the jetpack... and I'd already gotten the upgrades for those. But after attaching what little there was for Jetfire, I decided.. what the hell, let's see how this looks.

DYA1gH9h.jpg

UHSIkvuh.jpg

Not bad!

Not all the pieces plug in perfectly well, and I think I've got a slightly later revision or problematic version of the backpack that doesn't swing out the wings properly. But it works. Shrinking down his shoulder pads, adding things to beef up the legs, and of course completely redoing the backpack are all nice. And of course, getting rid of the "scrap" Jetfire super cannon is nice.

And he does look good next to his arsenal. It did take a bit to get everything placed.

7s4mhxfh.jpg

Athenor on
  • Options
    Dear Hasbro Pulse

Why do you gotta announce a sale and include items that you’ve been sold out on for weeks to it?

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Dear Hasbro Pulse

Why do you gotta announce a sale and include items that you’ve been sold out on for weeks to it?

I'm bummed that some of the things I would have bought in this sale I already bought at a discount (not nearly as good) earlier.

Page for others to look:
    https://hasbropulse.com/collections/hasbro-pulse-power-days-sales-event

Edit: I'm partially tempted to get the Jurassic Park set, but no interest in the huge T Rex (and read that the Explorer has some issues).

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I’ve been vacillating on the JP set for a year now. I’ve never been a fan of the Beast Wars aesthetic (I’ve tried, it’s just not FOR me), but I love the concept.

I dunno if an automatic 40% off moves the needle enough for me.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    I’ve been vacillating on the JP set for a year now. I’ve never been a fan of the Beast Wars aesthetic (I’ve tried, it’s just not FOR me), but I love the concept.

I dunno if an automatic 40% off moves the needle enough for me.

I almost bought it at 30%, so this is now in my temptation zone. If it was 50% or more I would have bought it without thinking.

Edit: So I'm talking myself out of buying it. Plus I've been buying a bunch of good deals lately and having no time to enjoy them.

Edit #2: Wow, seems they are adding more since I last looked. Some of the Masterpiece Transformers are in there. I have seen Reboost and Thundercracker so far.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png