As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So, what's the early consensus on Yelan artifacts?

With her HP scaling I assume main stats are going to be crit/hydro/hp % or ER, but for set I'm not sure. EoSF almost certainly works, but I'm wondering if using 2pc Milleleth (20% HP) will be more damage than going for a 4pc set.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    I have to assume you would just build her like a Xingqiu except with HP% instead of ATK%. So 4-piece Emblem, Sac Bow is probably good, get as much Crit and HP as you can on substats. Or if you're using a different bow, look for ER on substats too. The pure HP you get from 2-Piece Tenacity probably just doesn't outweigh the extra DPS you get from 4-Piece Emblem, especially when her Burst is the easiest and best thing to use for her.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
    Yeah, EoSF is absolutely the safe bet. The event bow is ER% and adds another DMG% bonus which is useful for her I guess.

I did get another couple sac bows too though, I guess it'll depend how her ER shakes out if those are useful. Or is the event bow only active on-field? Hmm.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    her ele skill is really fun she just runs around putting spaghetti on people

obF2Wuw.png
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, her E is the only reason I'd be interested in her. It was fun to use in the trial.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    New 2.7 redeem code is MTNUJBXDD72R
    Redemption link

ThePantsAssociation on
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    I have to assume you would just build her like a Xingqiu except with HP% instead of ATK%. So 4-piece Emblem, Sac Bow is probably good, get as much Crit and HP as you can on substats. Or if you're using a different bow, look for ER on substats too. The pure HP you get from 2-Piece Tenacity probably just doesn't outweigh the extra DPS you get from 4-Piece Emblem, especially when her Burst is the easiest and best thing to use for her.

Update on this, apparently Favonius is by far the better 4* bow for Yelan which makes sense. You want to build her as a SubDPS anyway, which means a lot of crit for the passive, Favonius just gives better ER and you get the ER without needing to double spam her skill. You don't need to care about Base Attack from her weapon whatsoever, too, so the only things you need to consider when you pick a weapon for her are just the off-stat and the weapon's passive.

2-piece builds are also valid but Emblem is just the clear champ unless you have 2-piece artifacts with really insane substats. Heart of Depth, Nobless, Tenacity and Emblem are all valid avenues to get to there in the meantime while you're working toward those good Emblem pieces. HP% Sands is still the overall recommendation if you have the ER you need from elsewhere, Hydro Damage is the obvious and Circlet is generally better to be one of the Crit stats but arguments for an HP circlet with double-crit can be made.

Update on this, apparently Favonius is by far the better 4* bow for Yelan which makes sense. You want to build her as a SubDPS anyway, which means a lot of crit for the passive, Favonius just gives better ER and you get the ER without needing to double spam her skill. You don't need to care about Base Attack from her weapon whatsoever, too, so the only things you need to consider when you pick a weapon for her are just the off-stat and the weapon's passive.

2-piece builds are also valid but Emblem is just the clear champ unless you have 2-piece artifacts with really insane substats. Heart of Depth, Nobless, Tenacity and Emblem are all valid avenues to get to there in the meantime while you're working toward those good Emblem pieces. HP% Sands is still the overall recommendation if you have the ER you need from elsewhere, Hydro Damage is the obvious and Circlet is generally better to be one of the Crit stats but arguments for an HP circlet with double-crit can be made.

Yeah, that makes sense on the weapon. The event weapon is an ER substat (lower than favonius, same as sac), and gives a DMG% though, so if you don't need the extra energy due to substats on artifacts then it offers more damage.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    if ur team is 4 main dps that means u do 4x dps

i think a lot of people should thonk on that

obF2Wuw.png
    As for my own Yelan attempts, I got my friend to watch my wishing session, settled in for what I thought was gonna be a long haul. Only on 47 Pity, on 50/50, bad streak (Last 5*s were Raiden and Jean at 81 and 69 respectively, haven't gotten a 5* from the Standard banner since January and that was at 77, etc.) not a good combination. We did a pull ritual of yeeting Barbara off the crystal in the Chasm, immediately did a 10 pull and got her. This game, I swear, just when I'm really getting annoyed and thinking about dropping it, it pulls something like this.

So I'm sitting on 27.4k primos, 6 Fates still and I'm just gonna let it ride until 2.8. Weapon banner isn't a terrible idea since I have Yelan now and a Jade Spear is always good but I'm still not risking getting like...a Skyward Pride or something.

The new Abyss is also...something. I reflexively wanted to smash something when 11-1 was a Monument Defense again but it actually wasn't bad. 12 just looks like a DPS check like the good ol' days. I'll have to think about my teams, since they're specifically telling everyone who got an Ayaka during the Just Ayaka banner to fuck off for half the routes.

edited June 2022
    As for my own Yelan attempts, I got my friend to watch my wishing session, settled in for what I thought was gonna be a long haul. Only on 47 Pity, on 50/50, bad streak (Last 5*s were Raiden and Jean at 81 and 69 respectively, haven't gotten a 5* from the Standard banner since January and that was at 77, etc.) not a good combination. We did a pull ritual of yeeting Barbara off the crystal in the Chasm, immediately did a 10 pull and got her. This game, I swear, just when I'm really getting annoyed and thinking about dropping it, it pulls something like this.

So I'm sitting on 27.4k primos, 6 Fates still and I'm just gonna let it ride until 2.8. Weapon banner isn't a terrible idea since I have Yelan now and a Jade Spear is always good but I'm still not risking getting like...a Skyward Pride or something.

The new Abyss is also...something. I reflexively wanted to smash something when 11-1 was a Monument Defense again but it actually wasn't bad. 12 just looks like a DPS check like the good ol' days. I'll have to think about my teams, since they're specifically telling everyone who got an Ayaka during the Just Ayaka banner to fuck off for half the routes.

teh3o6vuuqut.png

kaeya now c5 over 900 pulls no amber

just know that somewhere out there i am suffering and i hope this brings u joy

also i just found out aloy has a proper 5* cinematic super which makes her Good and Real

spend ur primos on standard u know u need to

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    That's good intel.

steam_sig.png
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Huh, almost cried playing Genshin today.

And not just because they made me fight two Fire Lectors at once. Which was not difficult with my team, just unbelievably tedious like so many enemies in this game. It's almost like exclusively designing to undermine players instead of trying to make fun fights results in fucking awful enemies.

• MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    Huh, almost cried playing Genshin today.

And not just because they made me fight two Fire Lectors at once. Which was not difficult with my team, just unbelievably tedious like so many enemies in this game. It's almost like exclusively designing to undermine players instead of trying to make fun fights results in fucking awful enemies.

Just give me endless swarms of hilichurls of all types. Would be a glorious fight, shame phones cap how many enemies they can throw at you (I assume).

The last combat event had a perk that sucked all the enemies toward you. Childe was great fun there.

that jean feeling

obF2Wuw.png
    Speaking of, I've been having fun tormenting enemies with Jean and Yae Miko. Dropping turrets, holding enemies in place with Jean's E, and just watching the lightning end them.

There might be something wrong with me.

edited June 2022
    unknown.png

got some epic games bundle and it gave me this total we doin it

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Speaking of, I've been having fun tormenting enemies with Jean and Yae Miko. Dropping turrets, holding enemies in place with Jean's E, and just watching the lightning end them.

There might be something wrong with me.

I dunno, I read that and thought, “Damn, I wish I would have gotten Yae.”

• GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ, the current event quest is tedious.

I've been in this cave for 7 hours now, I think. I needed to shave part way through. Took a nap.

It's like a low budget movie that has to set everything in a single location, and just has a small group of people standing around talking, pretending that something exciting is happening.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    I liked the story enough, but it kinda falls apart a bit when the Traveler could just teleport to a statue or bring everyone into the teapot.

edited June 2022
    I enjoyed the story if just for the fact that they almost only used actual characters that we give a shit about instead of "NPC Model #28" to drive the story along. Like, it's not hard, it's not a complicated subject but 9 times out of 10, HoyoVerse will default to telling a story through barely unique (if at all) NPCs and leave the actual PCs for token appearances in events. It boggles the mind. And they actually kinda made up a reason for the time-gating this time around. It doesn't make it any more tolerable but, y'know, props where they're due I guess.

The actual Lurking Peril part could just be permanent content in the game too, and I'd be happy with that. Just make a new currency, let us buy a selection of Talent Books, Weapon Materials and such per week with the currency you earn playing through it, boom. Of course, I could say the same about, like, Windtrace or Theater Mechanicus or any of the other little mini-games we've had.

Darth_Mogs on
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I liked the story enough, but it kinda falls apart a bit when the Traveler could just teleport to a statue or bring everyone into the teapot.

Can’t explain the teleporting, but if this event took place over the past few months they’d have had the perfect explanation as to why the teapot wouldn’t work.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    "Traveler, quick! Bring us into the safety of your magic teapot!"

"I'm sorry, but..."
    "...Mihoyo has put it in maintenance."

Speaking of, do we know what they fixed in all that maintenance time? Was it honestly just getting rid of the placement glitch?

edited June 2022
    nhz68zc9wbga.jpeg

finally a usable piece of blizzard set... 200000000 runs later

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    Looking forward to it rolling into ER.
    I hope not. Good luck!

hit atk% 2x everything else 1x so ok but not god roll

obF2Wuw.png
    Very few god rolls. I might have one artifact that's qualifies. I get by without.

edited June 2022
    yeah the problem is not so much that i need god rolls as much as i have probably the most cursed luck of anybody i know

out of the 80+ HoD / BS 5* pieces i farmed recently i have had four with the correct main stat. four

i turned half of them into nob but i sitll have 6 hod sands w/ ER, HP or def + decent secondaries just in case they ever come in handy

i have 4 electro dmg bonus hod goblets

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    Well yeah, goblets are the hardest to get, which is why they usually end up being the not-set piece.

At least you're not trying for EM pieces.

edited June 2022
    oh haha funny u should mention that
    x0tyivxy4y0o.png

mp7acgxh27v1.png

8gtl4xjmajz9.png

mahilml310wi.png

lmk ur thoughts

my sucrose has roughly 1300 def shes only gettin thiccer

im building a full def thundersoother set to show the gods i cannot be cowed

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    I have some EM VV pieces that have garbage substats, not dissimilar to yours. Seems about right. But of course no VV feathers or flowers with EM substats because that would be helpful. I think Kazuha's topped around 800 EM.

its ok my fischl has 1k em so all is blessed

obF2Wuw.png
    Which weapon are you running on Fischl? Stringless, I'm assuming?

edited June 2022
    ya i have no 5* bows due to the Curse

tho her goblet is a 4* because i have never in my entire time playing the game found an em main stat goblet of any set

im building her a set thats a bit more balanced now so 2 piece thunder 2 piece wanderer 900 em but 25% crit 100 cd and 1500 or so attack just to make the oz damage more significant and its a decent balance + i usually run her with sucrose so i can lose a bit of em

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Gotta stop playing on top of those burial grounds.

steam_sig.png
    i assume its just due to being generically very British, its a crack team of angered ghosts from throughout the ages

obF2Wuw.png
    I've been playing Fischl a lot lately in a physical build with Rust and she's been a freaking blast. Rosaria to apply cryo and get that superconduct, Yunjin with the attack buff, and Fischl is just a machine gun.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Hmm, I should get my bow* situation in order.

Fischl and Venti are each using an R1 Stringless. I should probably combine those and give one of them the new free bow.

* weapon really, but let’s start somewhere.