As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon Go] Ultra Beast mode

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Yeah I don’t get “running out of Pokémon” for community days. If nothing else they can make some of the really hard-to-find ones (like Jangmo-o) actually show up, or do something funky like have a region-exclusive swap-day. I’d like to catch a Tauros someday too, y’know…

They've already done a few of those types of events.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    There's also a good chance that, if Scarlet/Violet has particular regional variants, we may see one of those. Like Hisiuian Voltorb/Electrode

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Yeah I don’t get “running out of Pokémon” for community days. If nothing else they can make some of the really hard-to-find ones (like Jangmo-o) actually show up, or do something funky like have a region-exclusive swap-day. I’d like to catch a Tauros someday too, y’know…

My point was specifically for new, unreleased gen 7 pokemon. There's a ton they can do still if they go all seven gens. And they also love to repeat them so I mean, it's not like they are going to run out of ideas (those ideas may just be lame). But I do think they probably limit themselves to mostly pokemon who can evolve (again, for the "exclusive move" on evo), though they could always break this if they wanted to as well.
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Also iirc the "classic" community day with Bulbasaur was kinda popular so they may do more of those, basically redoing older community days

Be nice if they did a Feebas or Noibat community day/spotlight hour......

I know they once did a Feebas "research hour" or whatever forever ago. It was a little before I quit.

I do wish the spotlight hours were more interesting. I haven't paid *too* close attention, but for someone who skipped like 2 1/2 gens worth of pokemon releases they've yet to do something that I haven't had for forever. Give me some gen 5 & 6 spotlight hours plz

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    Also iirc the "classic" community day with Bulbasaur was kinda popular so they may do more of those, basically redoing older community days

I'd love to see certain repeats, in the current gameplay of mega candy and mega evolutions I could really use another Beldum day and another Gible day would be nice too. Gible was only last year though so I suppose it might be too soon for that one.

• Options
    I can't believe Go Fest is tomorrow already. I really wish I could see what the difference between the difficult "difficulty levels" for the research tasks are. Cuz I kinda want to go Master but if it's going to be a serious pain in the ass, maybe that's a bad idea (I mean it's just stickers).

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I can't believe Go Fest is tomorrow already. I really wish I could see what the difference between the difficult "difficulty levels" for the research tasks are. Cuz I kinda want to go Master but if it's going to be a serious pain in the ass, maybe that's a bad idea (I mean it's just stickers).

Check Leek Duck's Twitter feed this evening. He's great about letting you know research tasks and rewards the instant they hit the first time zone.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Check Leek Duck's Twitter feed this evening. He's great about letting you know research tasks and rewards the instant they hit the first time zone.

Awesome, I'll do that. Cuz yeah, I have a Gotcha and was planning on going the "Catch" route (because fuck raid and especially pvp :P), but if the Master task is too insane, I'd rather do stuff I can complete. I'm *guessing* with Gotcha the Master catch task will be fine but who the heck knows...

Wish he had a graphic up for day 2 also. Was just looking through his day 1 stuff and it's really useful (he makes the best info graphs IMO)

Either way, I need to make sure I remember to go through my storage and clean out all the garbage before tomorrow. I only have ~200 free spots at the moment if I'm remembering right which probably won't be enough (and I'm not going to want to be messing with it during the event)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Ruldar wrote: »

I'd love to see certain repeats, in the current gameplay of mega candy and mega evolutions I could really use another Beldum day and another Gible day would be nice too. Gible was only last year though so I suppose it might be too soon for that one.

Gimme dat Eevee day.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Eevee needs a Normal type Eeveelution. Call it Kingveon and give it a lil’ Elvis jacket or something.

Anyway,mi do wonder what are the odds of Go getting a new Pokémon before a main line game are? Or does Meltan count?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Eevee needs a Normal type Eeveelution. Call it Kingveon and give it a lil’ Elvis jacket or something.

Anyway,mi do wonder what are the odds of Go getting a new Pokémon before a main line game are? Or does Meltan count?

This is my problem with shiny Flareon; that color pallette belongs on a normal type Eeveelution. e: although they could have the normal type just swap pallettes with Eevee I guess

And maybe Go gets an exclusive new poke for, like, it's 10th anniversary or something crazy, but it'd have to be a huge event. Maybe in 2026 for the 30th anniversary of the Series, but it feels unlikely, especially when they can just bring in pokes from newer games that lots of folks already want.

Tox on
  • Options

Meltan/Melmetal absolutely counts. But beyond that, who knows? Go is still popular and is still especially big in Japan, to the point that one of Ash's companions in the anime was named Goh. So the possibility is there. It's possible Go might debut a Pokemon that'll show up in Scarlet/Violet before that game launches, but they've typically done those types of releases after the game comes out.

• Options
    Daenris wrote: »
    Can anybody confirm the thing I've heard where, at the start of the month, if you have no Rocket-related special researches, it'll trigger an older one?

Apparently that's a thing? But I don't think I had any of those special researches open at the start of May and I didn't get one. As of now all I have not completed is Thousand Year Journey for Jirachi, which I assume isn't Rocket-related?

Just wondering if I should get my hopes up.

That definitely was the case when they originally started with the team rocket leaders and the special research. It may have changed since then, especially because there was a time where I think they stopped it temporarily. Though their help page seems to indicate that it is still the case all the way at the bottom:
    https://niantic.helpshift.com/hc/en/6-pokemon-go/faq/2102-team-go-rocket-leaders-giovanni/

I'll be honest, I think I've gotten like two of those rocket piece things ever. I have no clue how any of that is supposed to work. I think I literally quit playing just before they added the rocket stuff so I dunno how you are even supposed to do it :P

Beat up a Rocket Grunt and you'll get a Rocket piece. Get six pieces and you'll get a Rocket Radar. Equip the Rocket Radar and tap on the icon, and it'll show you the pokestop where the leader is. If there's no leader, move to another area and try again. Go online to figure out what Pokemon this particular leader will have to cut down on the trial and error. Oh, and be sure you have an egg slot open, either in the regular or the bonus area - Rocket Leaders are the only way to get 12KM eggs, which are the only way to get certain Pokemon like Slazzle and Sandile.

Oh, the only way to fight Giovanni is to have a Super Rocket Radar, and the only way to get one of those is through special research.

Edit: you can also get regular Rocket Radars through special research. You'll also typically get one if you fork over the 99 cents during Community Day.

To tack on to this - if you have a Rocket Radar equipped, the Rocket Balloons will (at least almost) always be a Leader as well. So you don't have to go hunting for them if you don't want to

• Options
    Dammitall I read somewhere that 7km eggs were gonna start hatching different shit but apparently not

Blah.

It'd also be nice if a 12km egg would hatch literally anything other than a vullaby or a scraggy.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    https://www.leekduck.com/events/pokemon-go-fest-2022/

Wow, they don't have step 6 but the Explore option is actually looking like the way to go. I would way rather have more incubators than any of that other garbage and at least steps 1-5 do not look hard even on Master. (as opposed to 20 excellent curveballs for catch... Ick)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Dammitall I read somewhere that 7km eggs were gonna start hatching different shit but apparently not

Blah.

It'd also be nice if a 12km egg would hatch literally anything other than a vullaby or a scraggy.

They'll hatch different shit during Adventure Week, which starts June 7. Good if you want to grind fossils.

And the 12km egg grind absolutely sucks. Lots of effort just to get one egg, and Salandit is rare, and only one out of eight Salandit is female and able to evolve.

• Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    My wife needs someone to send her a gift to get a research task. Can someone add her and send one? 2410 7940 8820.

None of our friends play anymore :(

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    My wife needs someone to send her a gift to get a research task. Can someone add her and send one? 2410 7940 8820.

None of our friends play anymore :(

She should have gotten two requests. We send raid invites if you show as green.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Anybody dropping the 4k coins on that Battle Box? It's tempting me

• Options
    Well that weekend was fun. Didn't realize day 2 would be "all spawns all the time" which was a little annoying but I made it work. Got everything I needed. Would have liked some of the shinies I didn't get (mainly Cubchoo, Galarian Weezing and Karrablast), but got a few cool ones at least :)

Explorer path was 100% the way to go. The hardest tasks were like, hatch a couple eggs or get 3 pieces of buddy candy. I'll take that any day over "two excellent curveballs in a row" bullshit. Was actually able to complete Master no problem by Sunday (really had everything but 2 buddy candies by Saturday).

• Options
    I STILL DIDN'T GET A GODDAMN SHINY DUNSPARCE

I got a bunch of new to me shines, so I guess I shouldn't really complain. Pretty fun event overall.

Though I was a bad Cloudeagle. Someone on the Facebook group got confused on the upcoming Ultra Beast raid spawn symbol (a wormhole instead of an egg) and asked why they couldn't start a raid on it. I answered "oh, that's Phalglow, the Neon Penis Pokemon. You really don't want to know what you have to do to interact with it..."

• Options
    edited June 2022
    I STILL DIDN'T GET A GODDAMN SHINY DUNSPARCE

I got a bunch of new to me shines, so I guess I shouldn't really complain. Pretty fun event overall.

Though I was a bad Cloudeagle. Someone on the Facebook group got confused on the upcoming Ultra Beast raid spawn symbol (a wormhole instead of an egg) and asked why they couldn't start a raid on it. I answered "oh, that's Phalglow, the Neon Penis Pokemon. You really don't want to know what you have to do to interact with it..."

I didn't get one either, I was trying too :(

I think in the end I got Galarian Darumaka (should have been two but Gotcha beat me to the second one and let it run T_T), Axew, two Shelmet, two Magnemites (I didn't remember this one looking so cool), Alolan Grimer, Larvitar, Seedot, Shroomish, Slakoth, two Meditite, Numel, Burmy (female, boo), and two Patrat

So quite a few at least. Also I somehow got a 100% Axew which was cool

Edit: Can't read this at work but a new event soon it seems

People in the twitter comments are bitching because I guess it looks like a lot of the same gen 1 starters, etc. I want a Wimpod tho :3

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Was wondering how the crossover would even work, but this card seems solid:
    03-en-th.png

Discarding items to get the same items back is core Go gameplay after all

• Options
    See this is why I've stopped flipping gyms anymore. Dropped off like 6 pokes yesterday and now I have 2 that haven't been kicked out.

Look I'm just in it for the coins why you gotta be like this? Fuck of it is I know it's the same like maybe 3 people flipping all those gyms red.

• Options
    See this is why I've stopped flipping gyms anymore. Dropped off like 6 pokes yesterday and now I have 2 that haven't been kicked out.

Look I'm just in it for the coins why you gotta be like this? Fuck of it is I know it's the same like maybe 3 people flipping all those gyms red.

I'll say it again, current gym system has been ass for awhile. The fact that you're completely at the mercy of other players deciding which gyms to knock down is so stupid. Honestly at a minimum, I feel like any day you have a Pokemon in a gym and you haven't earned your 50 max limit coins, you should get 50 coins (or whatever equivalent to how long it's been in there). At least then you don't get fucked over by not having gyms taken out every day, or if you have multiple gyms taken out it's less of a FU to the player.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Or you get coins for each Pokémon you defeat (modulated by CP difference) up to the cap instead, and people holding the gym at midnight get a smaller bonus, based on their gym rank/medal.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Or you get coins for each Pokémon you defeat (modulated by CP difference) up to the cap instead, and people holding the gym at midnight get a smaller bonus, based on their gym rank/medal.

Yeah, literally anything would be better than this. It's basically a middle finger to F2P and I'm shocked it's lasted so long.

• Options

Yeah, literally anything would be better than this. It's basically a middle finger to F2P and I'm shocked it's lasted so long.

It's still better than the old system, where... you were at the mercy of other players deciding which gyms to knock down. :P

• Options

It's still better than the old system, where... you were at the mercy of other players deciding which gyms to knock down. :P

Yeah the old system was garbage too :P But at least you could earn coins if you could find remote enough gyms :P

• Options

Yeah the old system was garbage too :P But at least you could earn coins if you could find remote enough gyms :P

I actually tried that, and I literally never earned a single coin with gyms in the old system. You can put in a huge amount of effort kicking everyone out, and if you didn't last 24 hours, you get zilch.

At least with this one you can get some coins with relatively little effort. It's not perfect (you're up to the players whims), but it's vastly more accessible. I can usually manage 50 coins a day with Pokemon in an average of 4 gyms or so.

• Options
    edited June 2022

I actually tried that, and I literally never earned a single coin with gyms in the old system. You can put in a huge amount of effort kicking everyone out, and if you didn't last 24 hours, you get zilch.

At least with this one you can get some coins with relatively little effort. It's not perfect (you're up to the players whims), but it's vastly more accessible. I can usually manage 50 coins a day with Pokemon in an average of 4 gyms or so.

It probably depends a lot on where you live I'd imagine. I was able to find stuff but maybe I just got lucky in that regard. Do remember hating that you could knock an entire gym out only to have someone else come along and steal it before you could put a pokemon in. Thank god they at least fixed that bullshit by adding a short window where only the person who defeated the gym can put something in for a short amount of time.

Edit: Oh, random thing I forgot to ask. Anyone get the mission to "Battle alongside your buddy while it's adventuring with you" and not have it work? I picked this up over the weekend - my buddy was out the whole time. I tried fighting in a gym, a raid, and a team rocket battle. Even made sure to use my buddy as part of the fight just in case. None of them completed the mission. I eventually just deleted it as garbage broken.

Warlock82 on
  • Options

It probably depends a lot on where you live I'd imagine. I was able to find stuff but maybe I just got lucky in that regard. Do remember hating that you could knock an entire gym out only to have someone else come along and steal it before you could put a pokemon in. Thank god they at least fixed that bullshit by adding a short window where only the person who defeated the gym can put something in for a short amount of time.

Edit: Oh, random thing I forgot to ask. Anyone get the mission to "Battle alongside your buddy while it's adventuring with you" and not have it work? I picked this up over the weekend - my buddy was out the whole time. I tried fighting in a gym, a raid, and a team rocket battle. Even made sure to use my buddy as part of the fight just in case. None of them completed the mission. I eventually just deleted it as garbage broken.

Wouldn't surprise me if that one's broken - I know I tried to do the similar walk 2KM with your buddy while it's adventuring with you, and I walked much more than that with my buddy out and never even got partial credit.

• Options
    The current system promotes 2-4 players per gym (in low population areas), or else just shitting loads of pokes in loads of gyms every day and saying fuck it.

We had a good system when I was commuting to work. Wife and I were pretty reliably getting our 50/day. Now that I'm remote/wfh, I never leave the house so I never get coins and basically none of the Mystic players go out much during the week

• Options
    The current system promotes 2-4 players per gym (in low population areas), or else just shitting loads of pokes in loads of gyms every day and saying fuck it.

We had a good system when I was commuting to work. Wife and I were pretty reliably getting our 50/day. Now that I'm remote/wfh, I never leave the house so I never get coins and basically none of the Mystic players go out much during the week

Yeah, around here there just doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in gyms. What I tend to see is either my stuff will stay in there for weeks, or a bunch of them will get knocked out all on the same day.

• Options
    Everyone knows gyms are shiny showcases anyway

• Options
    Aaand another one got kicked out.

Yeah fuck this game for a while. Gonna hatch some eggs so I can get some 7km ones tomorrow and get some new shit, but I think that's about the level of engagement I care about anymore

• Options
    I just checked and my one poke got kicked out for 4 coins, but at least I kicked Mystic out of their gym.

All my coins get fed to my buddy Pokemon as poffins by my kid honestly.
    And there's not much that I've ever really needed from the store.
    More incubators would be nice, but the only other thing I use are raid passes on occasion, but there's the cap of three remote passes for some reason.

So I generally just shove whatever in there and stop Mystic taking over.
    And only evict people who have been in there for hours.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    The 50 coin a day max is some BS.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular

Wouldn't surprise me if that one's broken - I know I tried to do the similar walk 2KM with your buddy while it's adventuring with you, and I walked much more than that with my buddy out and never even got partial credit.

That task only counts GBL and team leader battles for some reason.

• Options
    Grobian wrote: »

Ah, so garbage then. I refuse to do GBL. And I still haven't figured out the Rocket shit (I think I need more parts but I never get them)

• Options
    Grobian wrote: »

Ah, so garbage then. I refuse to do GBL. And I still haven't figured out the Rocket shit (I think I need more parts but I never get them)

Check your inventory for either "Rocket Radar" or "Mysterious component"

If you have the Radar, click it, and equip it.
    If you have mysterious components, those are the "parts" used to make a radar. 6 parts per radar.