As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pathfinder: Kingmaker- Wrath of the Righteous out now!

19596979899101»

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Yeah I dunno, I think it's better that they just retain it as this looming threat that's inevitably going to end humanity, but never actually pull the trigger.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Yeah I dunno, I think it's better that they just retain it as this looming threat that's inevitably going to end humanity, but never actually pull the trigger.
    I find keeping big lore hooks like that static even after many years kind of a bummer though.

Its like Rovagug in Pathfinder. He's sealed within Golarion and kind of sort this super big bad that took like twelve gods to contain (keyword contain becuase they couldn't actually kill the thing even with all their power) but you get the feeling they'll probably never do anything with that even if it sounds like it could become a pretty insane campaign.

Its really exciting when the status quo gets upended and the world has to evolve to some degree to deal with it.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I find keeping big lore hooks like that static even after many years kind of a bummer though.

Its like Rovagug in Pathfinder. He's sealed within Golarion and kind of sort this super big bad that took like twelve gods to contain (keyword contain becuase they couldn't actually kill the thing even with all their power) but you get the feeling they'll probably never do anything with that even if it sounds like it could become a pretty insane campaign.

Its really exciting when the status quo gets upended and the world has to evolve to some degree to deal with it.

Well I think there's something to be said for leaving the hooks for individual game masters to write their own endings to. Like, the Gap in Starfinder was pretty explicitly an acknowledgment that they couldn't account for all of the various Adventure Path resolutions in ten years of monthly releases, much less all of the private campaigns set on Golarion.

If they do have official plot developments (as 40K has done with the return of Papa SmurfRobute Guilliman, the Ultramarine primarch, they need to replace the prior mysteries with new places the narrative can go. If the Emperor dies, there needs to be something replacing or maintaining the Astronomicon so human spacefaring isn't irrevocably fucked, and they will need new directions for or replacement factions to make people continue to buy models who would previously be buying Sororitas or Inquisition or whatnot.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    I'm praying that second series of DLC has atleast one or two interesting new playable races. Half Orc is the only core race I'm particularly fond of so there isn't a lot there for me outside of them. Dhampir are cool but its impossible to make one that doesn't look terrible in Wrath.

Pathfinder has a lot of amazing choices, I really want something less overtly human like goblins, tengu, goblins, ratfolk or even goblins.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Wrapped up my Azata playthrough. I think it's my favourite one so far. Healing the Worldwound through the Power of Song and Friendship actually kind of makes a nice contrast to the bloody grimness of the rest of the game. Plus, restoring life the wasteland (and turning part of Drezen into a public park) makes one feel like they're actually doing more to help than just killing a load of demons.
    The Azata's 'mentor' actually being someone who really, really does not want you to be an Azata is also a fun little wrinkle. More fun than the Hand of the Inheritor constantly telling you how awesome and righteous you are.

Still want to do a full Demon playthrough and an Aeon into Devil one. Although I think I'll wait for the Enhanced Edition for that second one.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Did they fix Aivu's fear aura? I ended up shelving my Azata playthrough because (at the time) you couldn't toggle it and I got sick of chasing enemies across the map.

Donnicton wrote: »
    Did they fix Aivu's fear aura? I ended up shelving my Azata playthrough because (at the time) you couldn't toggle it and I got sick of chasing enemies across the map.

Let me put it like this. In my playthrough, on the lowest difficulty, Aivu's fear aura procced about four times and two of those times were during the attack on Threshold.

So... kinda? I guess so. Unless I just got really (un)lucky, it looks like Aivu's fear aura got a nerf at some point. Although it's possible, since I do play on the lowest difficulty, that my party just consistently wiped out the mobs before the aura even had a chance to trigger.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    So apparently I missed a companion and won't get her for a whole ass act because I missed a thing in the whole "your dudes get kidnapped" section. And it's one that would fit the Azata thing I have going on, too. Balls. Owlcat, you have to stop giving people companions way past the midpoint of the game in games where you more or less need to carefully build a synergistic party in order to survive. By the time these new people come in the party strategy has almost certainly completely solidified!

Also, this Greybor guy tells me I need to take him to the Grimwood, which would be easier if I could find where in the heck that is in the map.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
    Drascin wrote: »
    Also, this Greybor guy tells me I need to take him to the Grimwood, which would be easier if I could find where in the heck that is in the map.

It's pretty far to the West of Drezen.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    ...man, this Marvokh fight was some bullshit. So, this dude attacks seven or eight times a turn (ranged, so my whole backline got annihilated one a turn), has a whole ass dragon as a minion, comes prebuffed with a bunch of stuff including various heroisms and Displacement, and gets eight mirror images that recharge for free every turn on top without even requiring actions.

It's a good thing I set it to people auto-reviving after a fight is over.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    ...man, this Marvokh fight was some bullshit. So, this dude attacks seven or eight times a turn (ranged, so my whole backline got annihilated one a turn), has a whole ass dragon as a minion, comes prebuffed with a bunch of stuff including various heroisms and Displacement, and gets eight mirror images that recharge for free every turn on top without even requiring actions.

It's a good thing I set it to people auto-reviving after a fight is over.

That's definitely one of the harder fights in Act 3, and why I tend to save Wintersun until after I've done a few other things to gain an extra level or two. The correct buffing regimen helps a lot (if you don't have both the energy resistance spells up against the dragon's breath, you're in for a bad time the first few rounds). By that point, you probably have level 7 spells, so all you really need is for your arcane caster to live until his turn and drop a Selective Sirocco, which makes the rest of the fight a lot more manageable.

Still, that fight's a lot easier than it used to be at launch. I got a bug the first time I played where Marhevok got 31 attacks in a row. Not sure how that happened, but it killed Nenio outright and nearly downed Regill, both from full health, even with Nenio having up Mirror Image.

This discussion has been closed.