As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

nVidia 8800GT 512 Deal

jonxpjonxp [E] PC SecurityRegistered User regular
For those of you with a Microcenter nearby, for the rest of this month they have EVGA nVidia 8800GT 512MB cards for $219.99 in store. No rebates, no catch. The "Superclocked" version is just $10 more.

I've been watching the GT's prices, and this is the lowest I've seen. No one else comes close.

If there's not a Microcenter nearby, they have them available on their site plus about 6 bucks shipping.

Just a heads up for those looking to get this great card.

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
jonxp on

• Options
    imperial6imperial6 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    That's...that's Canadian monies.

edit: I see their US site has similar pricing. Mail-in rebates are a pain but those are still good deals.

imperial6 on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    imperial6 wrote: »

edit: I see their US site has similar pricing. Mail-in rebates are a pain but those are still good deals.

I was about to say, "Man, that's CAD? It must be even cheaper in USD!"

Then I remembered a Canadian buck is now worth more than a US greenback. :(

Zxerol on
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

After working in certain sectors for as long as I did, I do not factor in a mail in rebate as part of the price, but that's just me personally. Other people probably like them, and that's a better deal in that case.

Also, I like eVga, but that is also a personal preference.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Never ever count mail-in rebates as a discount on the price. You're assuming you actually get and deposit the rebate check 6 months in the future after you meticulously peel off the UPC and stick it in a godforsaken envelope along with some long form and a purchase order.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I always get my MIRs.

It's just a matter of documenting everything before you fire it off. I find a photo with everything laid out that will go into the envelope works wonders.

Then of course follow up after a bit and make sure you get it.

Yes they're annoying as hell and should be done away with forever.

Deusfaux on