As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    How's the performance? Any better or worse than Hyrule?

from a very brief play last night docked, its pretty decent, though enemy grunt units have some severe "pop-in" when you get close to them. I did not get a chance to look through menus to see what sort of fidelity options were available, but from my memory of the calamity demo, its a lot better playing than that

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I haven’t had much slowdown but I never played the other Nintendo musou games so I don’t know if it’s better or /worse then those.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I never did get around to doing a Black Eagles run of Three Houses. I suppose that would make a good prelude to Three Hopes.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    If you get a really big AOE that just hits a ton of enemies that framerate seriously chugs for a second or two, at least in handheld mode.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    All right all blue lions max level. So when does the game come out?

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

End of the month. 28th I believe

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »

End of the month. 28th I believe

June 24th.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    I never did get around to doing a Black Eagles run of Three Houses. I suppose that would make a good prelude to Three Hopes.

It's my favorite house. It has the most interesting plot line and has my favorite students.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Butters wrote: »
    Kupi wrote: »

It's my favorite house. It has the most interesting plot line and has my favorite students.

they're all good students, brent

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    How's the Musuo aspects of the game? My concern is that I have to run around putting out fires before something gets captured or that you have to do everything yourself on a big ass map instead of being able to tell other characters to do things.

I guess my question is: How frustrating is it to deal with that type of stuff vs, I wanna run at these guys and beat them up.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    How's the Musuo aspects of the game? My concern is that I have to run around putting out fires before something gets captured or that you have to do everything yourself on a big ass map instead of being able to tell other characters to do things.

I guess my question is: How frustrating is it to deal with that type of stuff vs, I wanna run at these guys and beat them up.

you have up to 4 player-controllable characters (and up to 8 deployable units in total), and you can issue orders to all of them (attack a unit, capture a stronghold, guard another unit, etc), and you can see their strengths/weaknesses according to Fire Emblem rules so you know when its bad to send IE flyers against archers, etc. its pretty easy to send say a swordsman unit to capture an axe base on one side of the map while you run another over to stop a side-quest objective, and if something spawns on that side of the map you can immediately switch to playing as that other unit and deal with it personally if you want

but if you want to just do everything yourself with one unit, you can absolutely do so. you'll probably want to make sure you bring someone with high mobility (some classes are faster than others, esp mounted units), but you can totally solo if you want to. being able to issue orders and keep units against stuff they have advantage against just makes it all the easier

Naphtali on
  • Options
    Spent all that time grinding the characters to the max and you can just pay to level up your characters… I feel dumb lol

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    The demo was fun, but frustratingly short. I need more!

Does anyone know how they're handling the 3 paths? Will you be able to do all three in one save? If it works the same way as three houses, I'm not looking forward to doing that much grinding three times (because every other warriors game I've played has had a ton of grinding).

• Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Spent all that time grinding the characters to the max and you can just pay to level up your characters… I feel dumb lol

What.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Yeah, at the Training Grounds there's an option to just pay Gold to level up your characters. But you can't level up higher than your highest level character this way. It's probably mostly there to make sure lower-level characters can catch up somewhat easily.

• Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    I guess this way I just have more money for later...

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Does anyone know how they're handling the 3 paths? Will you be able to do all three in one save? If it works the same way as three houses, I'm not looking forward to doing that much grinding three times (because every other warriors game I've played has had a ton of grinding).

I hope there's a new game plus thing so you can bring your characters back through, like in Three Houses. Guess we'll see.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

I hope there's a new game plus thing so you can bring your characters back through, like in Three Houses. Guess we'll see.

Well, the renown menu has two items locked out in the demo, so I'd assume it's there. Definitely feels like this will need a couple NG+ laps to see it all, but.

I'm kind of curious with the demo story though. (Black Eagles)
    That went off the rails incredibly fast, seriously.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Well, the renown menu has two items locked out in the demo, so I'd assume it's there. Definitely feels like this will need a couple NG+ laps to see it all, but.

I'm kind of curious with the demo story though. (Black Eagles)
    That went off the rails incredibly fast, seriously.

So did the blue lions , with the new turn of events they are actually far better off then they were in azure moon. As a berserk fan I do like Dmitrys “guts” look more then this one.

• Options
    One other thing, the class swapping makes me real happy to see that come back from Three Houses, since it means you have a lot of room to use your favorite characters every fight and swap out their movesets. (Plus skill equips, unique skills, etc adds depth to setting people up).

• Options
    Looking in the menus, there seems to be no S support conversations.

If I can't pair off my child soldiers why am I even going to war?

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Tcheldor wrote: »

you have up to 4 player-controllable characters (and up to 8 deployable units in total), and you can issue orders to all of them (attack a unit, capture a stronghold, guard another unit, etc), and you can see their strengths/weaknesses according to Fire Emblem rules so you know when its bad to send IE flyers against archers, etc. its pretty easy to send say a swordsman unit to capture an axe base on one side of the map while you run another over to stop a side-quest objective, and if something spawns on that side of the map you can immediately switch to playing as that other unit and deal with it personally if you want

but if you want to just do everything yourself with one unit, you can absolutely do so. you'll probably want to make sure you bring someone with high mobility (some classes are faster than others, esp mounted units), but you can totally solo if you want to. being able to issue orders and keep units against stuff they have advantage against just makes it all the easier

Uncontrolled characters are also notably more competent than they seem to be in other Warriors games. If you order them to take a fort, they won't just show up and mill around until you take over and do the all the work, they'll actually take the fort. Based on my limited experience with the demo, the new game seems to work that way as well.

I'm curious about what sort of postgame this is going to have. The first Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors let you select and replay any unlocked battle in the story, while having separate modes for free play. Age of Calamity was sort of similar, but threw everything on a single big map. Three Hopes seems kind of sectioned off, though? Admittedly I'm still just in Chapter 4, so I don't know how future chapters will end up working.

jothki on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Don't know if this was known or discussed and really shouldn't be a surprise but looks like you get some bonuses for having both a save file for Fire Emblem Three Houses and Fire Emblem Warriors.

lpe1f20a2c7o.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I had wondered about that. I noticed it was defaulting Byleth to match my saves (which is a cool touch)

Polaritie on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    One other thing, the class swapping makes me real happy to see that come back from Three Houses, since it means you have a lot of room to use your favorite characters every fight and swap out their movesets. (Plus skill equips, unique skills, etc adds depth to setting people up).
    Class options felt so lackluster in Three Houses. Especially with the stupid gender restrictions. On a first run you could get punished for deviating from the “canon” class for a character by having no viable promotions.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Sterica wrote: »
    Class options felt so lackluster in Three Houses. Especially with the stupid gender restrictions. On a first run you could get punished for deviating from the “canon” class for a character by having no viable promotions.

There was only 4 gender locks classes that I remember , never really though it was that big of a deal. Unless you wanted a Hubert /lindhart grimorie or a Hilda / Catherine war master .

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    There was only 4 gender locks classes that I remember , never really though it was that big of a deal. Unless you wanted a Hubert /lindhart grimorie or a Hilda / Catherine war master .

Girls can't be Brawlers / Grapplers / War Masters (hard luck to any girls with Brawling focus, you never get a class), Dark Mages / Dark Bishops (despite two thirds of the characters who learn dark magic being female), or Heroes.
    Boys can't be Pegasus Knights / Falcon Knights, Gremorys, Dark Fliers, or Valkyries.

It's not great.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Some sad news, as Billy Kametz, the voice of Ferdinand, passed away last week from cancer at the age of 35. I think he did work on Three Hopes, so enjoy one of his last performances :(

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    Some sad news, as Billy Kametz, the voice of Ferdinand, passed away last week from cancer at the age of 35. I think he did work on Three Hopes, so enjoy one of his last performances :(

Noooooo :( That's so freaking young :(

Unrelated, was coming here to post this:

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Looking forward to Atelier Byleth : Alchemical Dragons and the Fire Emblem

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Unrelated, was coming here to post this:

The game's been done for a year? And not even so much as an announcement yet? I don't think I believe this leak.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Maybe that would explain why all of Gust's games for the past few years have been so woeful on the technical side.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

The game's been done for a year? And not even so much as an announcement yet? I don't think I believe this leak.

I don't really believe it either, but in development done tends to mean that everything is there, not that everything is working correctly. It could be done, and still have been a bug ridden mess that needed another year of work.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    Yeah, at the Training Grounds there's an option to just pay Gold to level up your characters. But you can't level up higher than your highest level character this way. It's probably mostly there to make sure lower-level characters can catch up somewhat easily.
    My experience with the previous game is that it also gets prohibitively expensive as the levels go up and there are no shortage of other more important things to spend gold on.

I don't know how weapon balance will be in this one but in FEW the easiest way to catch up characters were just enough cheap levels that they can't instantly die, make sure they can use the highest rank weapons you've unlocked and give them one. They'll be ineffective as an NPC but a player can do just fine as the weapon power out-scales what the character gets through leveling.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i'm very much digging the demo for three hopes. i can see this getting a lot of replay going through the 3 houses and just tweaking each persons classes.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Remember those fake leaks from years ago where the main character was a vampire or something? Good times.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Remember those fake leaks from years ago where the main character was a vampire or something? Good times.

I mean Byleth was a charisma vampire . So maybe that was it.

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »

I mean Byleth was a charisma vampire . So maybe that was it.

Byleth facts:
    - Learns Nosferatu.
    - Known as The Ashen Demon.
    - Doesn't have a heartbeat.
    - Just hangs out dead for a few years.
    - Moves in to an abandoned monastery.

Close enough for horseshoes, I say. Stake 'em.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Someone posted a reddit thread that links to some very legit looking screenshots of the new FE.

• Options
    That hair though. :sweat_smile:

This discussion has been closed.