As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nba] franken-warriors rise as curse of the brook settles over lakers

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    no more questions
    best
    ever

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I don’t dislike the warriors for any reason other than why anyone doesn’t like a dynasty. They’re great. The only bad part of this is that jordan Poole is an nba champion. Cheapens the distinction

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Alright Western Conference
    Nuke everything and rebuild now
    Warriors are at 50% NBA champs the last 8 seasons
    Gross

R-dem on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Celtics need to be willing to go back in the luxury tax to add depth next year. That absolutely killed em this series

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Ill say this (begrudgingly) this definitely solidifies the warriors as the greatest dynasty since the Bulls.

• Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    My final prediction of the season, Warriors in 6, CHECK!

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Celtics need to be willing to go back in the luxury tax to add depth next year. That absolutely killed em this series

Well also they are pretty young. Tatum is what 24? Probably good experience.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Im really glad the pandemic is over and everything happening here is safe.

On an unrelated note, why is the deputy commissioner presenting the trophy?

• Options
    What flag is Klay wearing?

• Options
    edited June 2022
    burbo wrote: »

The commissioner has covid lol

I wondered if you were sarcastic before I answered and immediately realized yes you are sarcastic

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Ok, fine, ill admit "holy kamoley, this is crazy" is endearing.

• Options
    Thanks Celtics - wildly entertaining 5 months after an initial worst 2 months of ball ive ever had to watch. Which came back these past 3 games but oh well. At your best, you were the best team in the league. Even with the inconsistency, still managed to come within 2 wins of a championship. just praying this isn’t a 2011 OKC situation.

Warriors, didn’t think you had it in you. Such a likeable team, you could see by how the Celtics fans had to really reach and latch onto draymond as a villain. Who could honestly not root for steph curry

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I don't think Jayson Tatum can hold on to the ball very well

icGJy2C.png
  • Options

The commissioner has covid lol

I wondered if you were sarcastic before I answered and immediately realized yes you are sarcastic

Hahha tone in text is impossible and gets the best of us all.

• Options
    watch out red auerbach
    steve kerr is comin for you

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Thanks Celtics - wildly entertaining 5 months after an initial worst 2 months of ball ive ever had to watch. Which came back these past 3 games but oh well. At your best, you were the best team in the league. Even with the inconsistency, still managed to come within 2 wins of a championship. just praying this isn’t a 2011 OKC situation.

Warriors, didn’t think you had it in you. Such a likeable team, you could see by how the Celtics fans had to really reach and latch onto draymond as a villain. Who could honestly not root for steph curry

Celtics have the misfortune of their window lining up with prime Giannis. Easy to root for a homegrown squad though, but as a primary Lakers fan may they never win again.

• Options
    I don't think Jayson Tatum can hold on to the ball very well

I certainly hope it was a shoulder thing. Otherwise yeesh. I think he (and jaylen) were just asked to do too much. He played like 42 min a game throughout entire playoffs, something like 18% more total than the next highest guy (klay). Played the most minutes in the league since beginning of 2020 I think (maybe 2021), Jaylen is like 4th, plus the olympics. Had to play lockdown d and initiate tons of offense. I think they all got worn down. Something they could’ve avoided by taking care of business in earlier rounds

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Sometimes is slightly startling to remember how skinny Steph was during the first title run.

• Options
    Kasyn wrote: »

Celtics have the misfortune of their window lining up with prime Giannis. Easy to root for a homegrown squad though, but as a primary Lakers fan may they never win again.

This was definitely their best chance. Fortuitous injuries along the way (though they had plenty of their own) and a good warriors team but not the best they’ve been. They were beatable. I’m a die hard smart supporter but by the end of this I’m wondering whether a legitimate PG would’ve made a difference in settling things down and avoiding the 21-0 runs.

Though the Celtics whole philosophy was based around a smart style pg able to switch… so who knows. Trade for Bradley beal

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    KD who?

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    I still can’t believe how good Wiggins was at individual defense this series, and just overall

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    This postseason has been pretty bad for KDs legacy. Not only a sweep, but his only chips (thus far) were with a team who now won both before and after his arrival. It really underlines his superfluousness to those teams, even while being their best player.

burbo on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    This postseason has been pretty bad for KDs legacy. Not only a sweep, but his only chips (thus far) were with a team who now won both before and after his arrival. It really underlines his superfluousness to those teams, even while being their best player.

Can we finally crown the raps and kawhi as awesome team

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    r20paz47s646.jpeg

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    not celtics won, so good finals

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Someone needs to follow up with that guy with the 2022 Celtics championship tattoo
    Does he have to amputate his arm in shame now?

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    can replace it with a 538 champions tattoo probably

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Knight_ wrote: »

Warriors were at a 11-14% chance to win according to them. Ouch.

TelMarine on
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Klay with an all-time postgame presser

• Options
  • Options
    We need some DEPTH next season

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    TelMarine wrote: »

From what I read it had something to do with their formula deeply lowering its expectations from klay due to injury

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Trajan45 wrote: »

My knee jerk reaction was to trade Tatum but I mean damn he's young

The prudent thing would be to just ride it out, don't do anything rash over the next two seasons, but it'll suck for them as they have to retool the older players. IMO, Horford was the only one who didn't look afraid of the moment (Smart and Timelord were next up) and he's ancient. That is going to be hard to replicate - hell, they were unable to the last time Horford left the team.

The thing with Boston is that they have homegrown talent, which means there's at least some decent scouting and development, so it's just a timeline issue of watching Timelord et al. grow, with the caveat that Ime seems to like tightening the rotation shorter than Thibs or D'antoni. And they didn't win due to the exact same "depth" issue which is really a coaching issue imo

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Eddy wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »

My knee jerk reaction is to trade Tatum but I mean damn he's young

The prudent thing would be to just ride it out, don't do anything rash over the next two seasons, but it'll suck for them as they have to retool the older players. IMO, Horford was the only one who didn't look afraid of the moment (Smart and Timelord were next up) and he's ancient

The thing with Boston is that they have homegrown talent, which means there's at least some decent scouting and development, so it's just a timeline issue of watching Timelord et al. grow, with the caveat that Ime seems to like tightening the rotation shorter than Thibs or D'antoni. And they didn't win due to the exact same "depth" issue which is really a coaching issue imo

Tatum has like 9 50 point games in a year and a half and plays elite defense. He ain’t going nowhere. Brown? Maybe. Unlikely but maybe. I don’t know why you’d give up on a core that just came within 2 wins of a championship. You’d just end up looking back in 5 years going “why the hell did they trade james harden for Kevin Martin”

Also the only older player is Horford. He’s not easy to replace, but that’s it. Smarts what, 29? It’s not going to be an issue for years

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    So many great lines from this team after the game:
    https://youtu.be/74tRUPWJQyg

• Options
    The takes on Tatum are already way out of fucking control.

He's fine and he's going to have a great career. Guy's young still. I most definitely can see his peak being as the best player on a championship team.

• Options
    Kasyn wrote: »
    The takes on Tatum are already way out of fucking control.

He's fine and he's going to have a great career. Guy's young still. I most definitely can see his peak being as the best player on a championship team.

So many of my friends this week have been like “tatum sucks. He’s trash. He’s not a superstar. Do you still think he’s good?” I’m like .. yes, I still think the all-nba 24 year old is good. Hes like 3 weeks removed from dropping 46 in an elimination game. And the internet seems to hate him a disproportionate amount than what he deserves

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    TelMarine wrote: »

From what I read it had something to do with their formula deeply lowering its expectations from klay due to injury

538 thinks basically everyone on the warriors who isn't steph or draymond sucks total shit

raptor is... not very good.

tatum is overrated (the 1st team all nba was kinda lol) but he's not trash. boston has nobody who can dribble a basketball and good defensive teams are going to take you apart if you can't.

aeNqQM9.jpg