As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Remember those fake leaks from years ago where the main character was a vampire or something? Good times.

In fairness, the main character being a dragon is a lot more plausible than a vampire when it comes to Fire Emblem.

Corrin was a dragon, Soren's mom was a dragon, Roy's mom very well might have been a dragon, Byleth is kind of possessed by a dragon.

Dragons get up to all sorts of shenanigans in Fire Emblem, is what I'm saying.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Remember those fake leaks from years ago where the main character was a vampire or something? Good times.

In fairness, the main character being a dragon is a lot more plausible than a vampire when it comes to Fire Emblem.

Corrin was a dragon, Soren's mom was a dragon, Roy's mom very well might have been a dragon, Byleth is kind of possessed by a dragon.

Way to just snub Tiki there.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Yep, only series with more Dragon shit going on (at least for playable characters) is Breath of Fire.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

Yep, only series with more Dragon shit going on (at least for playable characters) is Breath of Fire.

well now I'm depressed

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Looking forward to Atelier Byleth : Alchemical Dragons and the Fire Emblem

I would play

the shit

out of this

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i read this review and it made me just go...that's not how i view this game at all. They gave it a 5/10 or 50 so that brings the metascore down but i think they just don't like musou games?
    https://metro.co.uk/2022/06/21/fire-emblem-warriors-three-hopes-review-musou-on-fire-16865777/

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    i read this review and it made me just go...that's not how i view this game at all. They gave it a 5/10 or 50 so that brings the metascore down but i think they just don't like musou games?
    https://metro.co.uk/2022/06/21/fire-emblem-warriors-three-hopes-review-musou-on-fire-16865777/

Yeah, they gave the original Hyrule Warriors a 4/10 on both Wii U and Switch.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    My Pre-order copy didn't come in and life is bullshit.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    My Pre-order copy didn't come in and life is bullshit.

Yours too? Damn. My GameStop said their shipment got stuck in Missouri, and someone is stopping by a store twenty minutes away to grab surplus copies to fulfill preorders.

I went GameStop because I did their trade-in thing. Games are spensive!

• Options
    I bought mine from best buy, the employee discount saves me a few bucks. But.. ugh.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Played the demo and I liked it.

I played Musou a lot when I was a kid and I figure this has enough systems to keep me entertained in a mindless fun kind of way.

• Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    I'm a sucker for Musou games. I'm a sucker for Fire Emblem games. You got chocolate in my peanut butter!

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Scarlet Blaze, end of Chapter 4
    Edelgard wants Rhea captured alive this time? That's new...and a little worrying, tbh.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Edelgard wants Rhea captured alive this time? That's new...and a little worrying, tbh.

In base game azure moon this happened as well with the difference is you don’t get to see it happen.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    When someone gets further in the game, can you tell us what you need to do to see the three paths? I want to know if I'll need to have three save files, grind everything up three times, etc, or if they're more integrated together than they were in three houses.

• Options
    When someone gets further in the game, can you tell us what you need to do to see the three paths? I want to know if I'll need to have three save files, grind everything up three times, etc, or if they're more integrated together than they were in three houses.

I haven't beaten the game but it looks like you don't need 3 save files since
    there is a new game plus
    https://twinfinite.net/2022/06/is-there-new-game-plus-in-fire-emblem-warriors-three-hopes/
    You’ll also have the option of importing all your character levels and support levels, and all your equipment, gold, class levels, and renown points will also be brought over. Listed below are all of the things you get to carry over in new game plus:

Character levels (you can import them on a unit by unit basis)
    Support levels
    Class levels
    Unlocked equipment and unique accessories
    Gold
    Renown points
    Facilities

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

That's nothing new.
    Edelgard always wants Rhea captured alive. Which is what she does in three out of four routes in Three Houses.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    So its still another three separate routes in Three Hopes, still "no golden path" where everyone teams up? Just curious, not going to be able to pick up the game for a while due to mon hun being out next week

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Was Jeritza voiced in three houses? I don't remember him having this voice, feels a little bit ill-fitting. Not too bad though.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Was Jeritza voiced in three houses? I don't remember him having this voice, feels a little bit ill-fitting. Not too bad though.

He had a voice , he just said like three lines and sounded like a huge weirdo.

• Options
    Everybody was voiced in Three Houses. Even random one-shot NPCs in Abyss had voice acting.

So Three Hopes' suddenly not being fully voiced feels a bit jarring to me.

• Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    So its still another three separate routes in Three Hopes, still "no golden path" where everyone teams up? Just curious, not going to be able to pick up the game for a while due to mon hun being out next week

I hope there is. Leaving it out of three houses was fine, you make a decision and deal with the consequences. But that doesn't fit warriors games, I think.

• Options
    Scarlet Blaze Chapter 5
    Going to assume that the "Defeat Byleth" sidequest is only feasible on NG+, if only for the sake of my ego.

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    So when this survey point says “complete all side missions in the area” what exactly is that referring to?

• Options
    edited June 2022
    So when this survey point says “complete all side missions in the area” what exactly is that referring to?

You have to complete all the side missions that pop up during the fight in that specific little area.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Allowing you to import demo data is one of the smarter decisions made this gen (or last gen rather).

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Allowing you to import demo data is one of the smarter decisions made this gen (or last gen rather).

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete on the original PlayStation did this. It's been around a long time, most companies just haven't cared.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete on the original PlayStation did this. It's been around a long time, most companies just haven't cared.

Lunar:SS and Lunar:EB on the PS were incredible. I'd love those versions as a rerelease on PC/Switch. The gameplay and music are so good. Most of the ports were bad though.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Scarlet Blaze Chapter 5
    Going to assume that the "Defeat Byleth" sidequest is only feasible on NG+, if only for the sake of my ego.
    You can do it. I did it. I don't think you can do it and get an S-Ranking though. What I did was had an adjutant. I went in to fight Byleth with a full A-button super attack and the transformation. Using the transformation, skills, and my A button attack right at the end of the transformation did a bunch of damage to Byleth. Then I almost got 1-shotted. So I ran away, got some healing, spent some time in an enemy fortress without killing the boss so mobs kept responding to rebuild my A-Button attack. Went after Byleth again. Pretty much rinse and repeated that until Byleth was defeated.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Byleth being the Lu Bu of this game is appropriate

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Scarlet Blaze Chapter 5
    You can do it. I did it. I don't think you can do it and get an S-Ranking though. What I did was had an adjutant. I went in to fight Byleth with a full A-button super attack and the transformation. Using the transformation, skills, and my A button attack right at the end of the transformation did a bunch of damage to Byleth. Then I almost got 1-shotted. So I ran away, got some healing, spent some time in an enemy fortress without killing the boss so mobs kept responding to rebuild my A-Button attack. Went after Byleth again. Pretty much rinse and repeated that until Byleth was defeated.

I do not have that kind of patience.

• Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Lunar:SS and Lunar:EB on the PS were incredible. I'd love those versions as a rerelease on PC/Switch. The gameplay and music are so good. Most of the ports were bad though.

I don't think Working Designs exists anymore, so odds are nobody would have the rights to those versions of the games to bring them out now. They would probably have to retranslate them if they did remake them.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

I don't think Working Designs exists anymore, so odds are nobody would have the rights to those versions of the games to bring them out now. They would probably have to retranslate them if they did remake them.

Retranslating them wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, since a lot of the humorous parts have the equivalent of Abridged Series style sense of humor. MUCH of that would not age well and a lot of it would be gross by today's standards.

• Options

Retranslating them wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, since a lot of the humorous parts have the equivalent of Abridged Series style sense of humor. MUCH of that would not age well and a lot of it would be gross by today's standards.

The first Lunar game already had a retranslation and it was pretty bad.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

The first Lunar game already had a retranslation and it was pretty bad.

Two, if I recall; one for the GBA remake and one for the PSP remake.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I played the PSP version of Lunar. It was... fine? I don't remember anything egregious about it. I remember it had a superfluous new opening bit with the old heroes that didn't really add or do anything. If anything it overtly spoiled the "grand plot twist" halfway through the game. Then again, tropes being what they are and such, anybody playing the game today that has played any other RPG in the past 10 years is going to see said plot twist coming a mile away, so I can understand not even bothering with the pretense.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    You can repeat missions...oh noooooo

(Time to Grind)

• Options
    I keep spending all my money on gifts, leaving none for strengthening my team, and now everyone but Shez is about 10-20 levels behind and their gear is just whatever random crap I've found.

Everyone loves me though!

• Options
    I keep spending all my money on gifts, leaving none for strengthening my team, and now everyone but Shez is about 10-20 levels behind and their gear is just whatever random crap I've found.

Everyone loves me though!

Pizza Party!

This discussion has been closed.