As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    shaman nature spell 3 mana
    Evolve your board, devolve their board

lol

lmao

the most power-fucking-creep i have ever seen

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Fuck Wild, no one pays attention to that.

• Options
    Dibby wrote: »

lol

lmao

Nah.

• Options
    forty wrote: »

lol

lmao

Nah.

It's better than Evolve/Devolve/Revolve, that's powercreep

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

lol

lmao

Nah.

(smashes fists into table) IT CAN'T JUST BE POWER CREEP IF IT'S A HIGHER MANA COST THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS DIBBY

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

lol

lmao

Nah.

It's not strictly better than Evolve/Devolve, though. There are plenty of situations where one or the other would be better than this spell.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Maybe evolve would work better if it were constrained to tribes. A 2-mana mech could only evolve into a 3-mana mech, etc etc.

• Options
    i don't think evolve mechanics need a buff

there hasn't been a relevant evolve deck in a long time but they also specifically haven't printed a ton of enablers for evolve shenanigans since the days of dopplegangster

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Boggspine Knuckles got nerfed in Jan 2021.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    you're a bogspine knuckle

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Yilias really walked into that one.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23817873

also a bunch of battlegrounds changes in pathc notes

I can say that I like the amount of changes. They are touching multiple bad heroes, they are bringing some old minions back and removing others. That will make BGs feel fresh without affecting balance much. (almost no tribe changes)

The standout hero change is Yshaarj, who will now always give you a card. That's a good buff and makes him a good pick imo.

The standout minion change is bannerboar, because they are nerfing a bad minion and I don't think I understand hearthstone anymore.

Removing spitty dragon (pyrospawn) is in the same vein, it removes basically the only thing dragons had going for them? I guess they are trying to buff mechs...

• Options
    Grobian wrote: »

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23817873

also a bunch of battlegrounds changes in pathc notes

I can say that I like the amount of changes. They are touching multiple bad heroes, they are bringing some old minions back and removing others. That will make BGs feel fresh without affecting balance much. (almost no tribe changes)

The standout hero change is Yshaarj, who will now always give you a card. That's a good buff and makes him a good pick imo.

The standout minion change is bannerboar, because they are nerfing a bad minion and I don't think I understand hearthstone anymore.

Removing spitty dragon (pyrospawn) is in the same vein, it removes basically the only thing dragons had going for them? I guess they are trying to buff mechs...
    The Bannerboar change is an overall buff I'd say. The 1 HP is largely irrelevant since it's always been fodder in battles anyway and now it's useful even if you don't have 2 other Quilboar for it to buff (or you have a Hydra or something that's likely better to buff than a plain Quilboar).

Can't say I'm a fan of seeing Zerus return though.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Oh, it buffs everything now? That makes way more sense, my bad.

• Options
    Fixed a bug causing deck changes to not carry over when made between different devices and/or while making changes offline.
    If this means what I think it does, thank fucking god. This has been a pain in my ass for the last couple months at least.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Is Revendreth some sort of WoW Ravenloft rip-off?

It’s an afterlife you go to if you’re evil where snooty vampires torture your soul to make you repent

Wait, I'm confused. Castle Nathria is in the afterlife? But there's a murder there? How do you get murdered in the afterlife? Can you be deader than dead? And what happens if you do? Do you go to the after-afterlife?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options

It’s an afterlife you go to if you’re evil where snooty vampires torture your soul to make you repent

Wait, I'm confused. Castle Nathria is in the afterlife? But there's a murder there? How do you get murdered in the afterlife? Can you be deader than dead? And what happens if you do? Do you go to the after-afterlife?

look man

world of warcraft: shadowlands was

a lot

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular

look man

a lot

of garbage

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »

look man

a lot

of garbage

9971f40f6ad8ac1ce54d96b08b3cc0dd2d2650a87c42cb6a7913fe3ffd153ef0.jpg

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    reworked guff is kind of a monster now

just grab some divine shield boys and you're off to the races

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Boo, I can't seem to update Hearthstone on iPad. The download progress hangs.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    The WoW afterlife is a scramble for resources where your immortal soul either 1) is redeemed/reborn into the living world 2) becomes one of the various types of (essentially) janitors that keep the afterlife running or 3) is consumed as fuel by #2

the hearthstone expansion almost certainly won't touch on that though, it'll just be Clue in a gothic vampire castle

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    I am curious about the math involved for 10 extra cards vs. 10 health.

Like did they find that to be the best topping point, got lazy and rounded up, or got super lazy because they already had the go-to-40 command built in from Amara way back when?

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    i think they wanted to keep it symmetrical, and the variance just gets exponentially worse as you go up

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    They realized that forty is a great number.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    I fucking hate the new legendary already because I'm trying to jam out wins as Odd DH in Wild and GUESS WHAT THAT 10 EXTRA HEALTH MATTERS A WHOLE HELL OF A LOT

Fuckin hell just let me kill you on Turn 5 like I normally do

edit: OTHER AGGRO DECKS ARE RUNNING IT TOO EITHER BECAUSE OF THE NOVELTY OF IT BEING NEW OR SOME JANK-ASS COUNTER TO OTHER AGGRO DECKS, I HATE THIS

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Embrace it, Dibby. 40 is the new 30.

• Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Embrace it, Dibby. 40 is the new 30.

Legit going to just slam it in my deck and then shove even more draw in there WHY NOT

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Also put in all the cards that add cards to your deck at the start of the game.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Also put in all the cards that add cards to your deck at the start of the game.

And the ones that add more cards during play.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    26MQ5PJ.jpg

Good lord Dawngrasp is degen

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    While trying to create a Priest deck that can crack a 50% win rate, I believe I have stumbled across the worst deck in Hearthstone's history: Quest Priest Reno deck. Despite looking well-rounded and having massive healing potential, I have played 10 games with it and lost 9.

Reno visited me in a dream last night and said to me, "If you have a lot of life, what happens if you have a lot of healing? We're gonna be rich!"

So I stuck the new legendary into my existing terrible Reno Priest deck and I am an immovable blob with 40 HP, 100 HP worth of healing, and a Reno. An enemy Quest Hunter I faced earlier today ran out of spells and conceded as I sat there absorbing everything.

hqdefault.jpg

• Options
    ....I'll be damned, the 40 health Legendary is actually working really fucking well for my Odd DH deck in Wild.

What the fuck. What the shit. I guess that 10 extra health ACTUALLY DOES MATTER. I slammed in some extra draw, added in the 1/3 and 3/4 Soul Fragment minions along with Soulshard Lapidary, tossed in Xhilag. It's beating out other aggro decks, the extra 10 health has actually mattered vs non-aggro decks too. I was hanging on by 3 health before I pulled off a win vs a slow deck.

It's a little slower than before, but it still packs punches and has some late game tools to fight back against games that drag out (which, frankly, a lot were because everyone's running that damn Legendary). Fuckin' beat multiple Reno decks cause of that extra 10 health.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    It's gonna be funny if they end up having to nerf that card early on from being ubiquitous because it turns out getting a bunch of "free" health is strong.

• Options
    broadly speaking Prince is not breaking into the top tier of decks at diamond to legend, but he is killing off aggro decks that were living a bit more on the edge (but as I've said, I think aggro is particularly weak this format anyway). the aggressive decks coming out on top are the more midrangey ones, specifically mech paladin and mage

in fact i'll just grab this comment from reddit examining HSreplay's data
    Mech Paladin and Mech Mage are alone in tier 1 and absolutely feast on 40-card jank

Quest Warrior, Quest Hunter, Murloc Warlock jumped to high tier 2 thanks to good matchups against 40-card jank

Beast Hunter, Murloc Shaman, Handbuff Pally are still good but slightly less so than they were before

40-card CurseLock is a trap and is significantly worse than 30-card CurseLock (5% differential in win rate on average)

Druid is the class best equipped to abuse Prince Renathal, and both Celestial and Lady Prestor ramp decks have jumped to tier 2 win rates. (another 5% average differential, this time in favor of 40-card lists)

Quest Priest is better as a 40-card deck but is still not very good (tier 3 instead of tier 4)

Holy Paladin went from one of the best decks in the game to tier 4 (!!!)

Mine Rogue and Face Hunter also tanked straight to tier 4 (not surprisingly)

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Wow, the end of month reward for June gave Nathria packs.

• Options
    That's never happened before. By the time August rolls around, I'll have 8 Nathria packs piled up, sitting there and mocking me.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    damvo1t5badp.png

I and other Paladin enthusiasts will take that all day.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Looks like those Location cards have a cooldown when you use them, i.e., if you use the location power on a turn, you can't use it again next turn, and it'll be usable again the turn after that.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Yes its every other turn

Yh6tI4T.jpg