As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] Here comes the Smolder

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i'm primarily a tank jungler at this point, i've been playing a lot of volibear and rammus.

i used to play a ton of poppy and lilia but i've had a hard time with them post-durability update so i've been leaning a lot more into just massive disruption and tankyness and it's been fairly effective. lilia especially, she was one of my best champs last season but i just haven't had it at all this season for whatever reason.

i think volibear is just generally better, but i also expect him to get his ass nerfed any day now so trying to not get too attached.

huh, that's interesting; obviously it'll effect everyone's playstyles differently, but I thought Lillia was like massively one of the biggest winners from the durability update.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    i'm primarily a tank jungler at this point, i've been playing a lot of volibear and rammus.

i used to play a ton of poppy and lilia but i've had a hard time with them post-durability update so i've been leaning a lot more into just massive disruption and tankyness and it's been fairly effective. lilia especially, she was one of my best champs last season but i just haven't had it at all this season for whatever reason.

i think volibear is just generally better, but i also expect him to get his ass nerfed any day now so trying to not get too attached.

Subjectively I feel like Poppy is still pretty solid.

Lillia also had some tweaks (a while before the durability update, to be fair) that changed how she feels to me at least. I feel like her early game is pretty bad now, but she scales into being a monster (thinking Liandry's + Demonic, basically), especially if you stack DH well. I also don't want to spend the 30 minutes it'd take to look at that data and see if that's actually correct, at least not at the moment. XD

I like Volibear better as a laner; something about his kit makes me...overconfident, maybe, or I don't have his timings down well as a jungle duelist--basically, I'm better as Trundle and he fills a similar "really good bruiser" niche.

Sejuani really does suffer from potential team comp problems, but she skirmishes better than people realize and with a strong melee carry or two is quite good.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    i didn't play any during the first patch of the durability update so it was after her nerfs. lillia just doesn't feel worth the scaling effort to me now, which the stats generally agree with at my elo

8snknxrqjz12.png
    bad early game, decent midgame, fine late game, not really impressive at any time and given how painful people invading you can make life and how bad your ganks are, it's kinda annoying that the scaling doesn't really go the way it should

she's still certainly a champ worth playing, i just haven't enjoyed it myself. i feel like i'm coinflipping a bit too hard because if my lanes start spiraling i feel like there isn't very much i can do to save it. obviously lillia can carry herself but usually your team's mental is on another planet by that point.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
    @Knight_ Sure (and yeah, even that single graph is instructive) in regards to Lillia. The other consideration I make for why I don't play her as much is how she changes team comps--it's rare that you actually want a magic-damage skirmisher in the jungle, though obviously sometimes it helps. Mostly, though, I see teams wanting initiation / front line from junglers, and while Lillia can start a fight definitely, you can't run front-to-back teamfights in the same way without a somewhat different comp / strategy. It probably doesn't help that my most frequent League friend plays a bunch of enchanters and basically nothing else...

This comes up all the time in Clash, though they did let me get a game on her last night. :)

Me elsewhere:
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    nbxj5v3e7vy3.png

I just played against a 5stack in flex and their usernames made me chuckle

(I was also approximately 0% impactful but idk what to make of it because my kassadin went like 27/2 and my adc was drunk/high and we won the game easily, but lane was a big nothing and my contributions were barely required in teamfights so *shrug*)

Steam, LoL: credeiki
    i just desperately need people to use their brains

gank mid, almost kill anivia, she flashed a wall and viktor chased with flash even though there was no chance in hell, ok whatever.

elise shows to stop a dive and burns her flash, sure that's fine. not the best trade in the world but 2 flashes to 1 and anivia loses a giant wave. both jgs leave, viktor instead of taking the free reset instead tries to push down plates at 6 minutes and gets gibbed by elise and then elise snowballs off him and uses the prio to destroy the map. like where do you think she went, she walked into the jungle and just walked right back out. it's like league of legends players legit don't have object permanence.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Fwiw on Lillia I’m on a like 83% win rate over my last twenty or so games with her. She feels absurdly good post durability because her ‘and then I left running faster than yi with 5% health’ factor is even more secure.

I’ve just being running far more off tank/full tank builds rather than the dark harvest explosion fest. Well, unless their team is all squishies.

Essence Emporium is now live--chromas are only 1k instead of the usual 2k. Note that Riot has announced this will be its last iteration for...a while, as far as I am aware indefinitely. I would say there's a reasonable chance it doesn't even come back.

Me elsewhere:
    They said it would, but given how bad they’ve been with monetization and rewards it’ll probably be back in a form that is unrecognizable.

I just wish they opened up both halves of the emporium for this last one, sucks if the chromas you want are in the other half

aeNqQM9.jpg
    They said it would, but given how bad they’ve been with monetization and rewards it’ll probably be back in a form that is unrecognizable.

I just wish they opened up both halves of the emporium for this last one, sucks if the chromas you want are in the other half

Statistically this is "before your time," but they also said that new champions would release at varying price points for Influence Points (old Blue Essence) and that 1350 RP wouldn't become the new standard price tier for skins.

...I've been playing this game way too long.

Me elsewhere:
    The 1350 rp thing I understand because at least personally I know I don’t like most skins below that tier, if I buy a skin I want materially changed effects and graphics

The ip thing was bs tho yea

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Ivellius wrote: »

Statistically this is "before your time," but they also said that new champions would release at varying price points for Influence Points (old Blue Essence) and that 1350 RP wouldn't become the new standard price tier for skins.

...I've been playing this game way too long.

Hell I’d totally forgotten about the IP/RP system

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    buy your runes

liEt3nH.png
    What I really want to know is--how fucked up is the client infrastructure, that turning the Blue Essence shop off and on takes enough people enough effort that it apparently causes major project delays and deadline issues elsewhere?

Why is this such a hard thing to do...

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    The game needs to be rebuilt.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i love video game tech debt the stories are so funny

like the WoW backpack - they tried for YEARS to get it to be something that could be bigger than 16 slots, but every time they thought it was going to work, items in slots 17+ would just get deleted, and then mailed to you

only now have they managed to figure out a way to add 4 extra slots - and it requires an authenticator on your account. and sure, some people might say that they did that as an incentive to get you to use an authenticator. but i'm no fool. that is absolutely a code cheat somehow and one day they'll spill the beans.

liEt3nH.png
    everything is minions

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    btw i know a lot of u have problems with people in ur games but i just realised its not necessarily common knowledge that there is a manual report

https://support-leagueoflegends.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

if you go there and select "report a player" you can fill in a more detailed report that is, depending on evidence, highly consistently acted upon. its manually reviewed, not automatic. so for those of u who been dealing with the bad boy's give them that shit with some screenshots, clips etc and they will more than likely get nuked

obF2Wuw.png
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    The game needs to be rebuilt.

I am still getting notifications from a gift I gave over a year ago being opened almost daily. I’m still getting the “challenges are here!” Popup everytime I launch the client… it is turbo busted.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Is there some magic warlock shit to the "chests available" thing? I just got an S- on Nocturne, no chest and I feel like this happens often. There's a number 4 under it? Should I be unlocking lots of chests?

• PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Is there some magic warlock shit to the "chests available" thing? I just got an S- on Nocturne, no chest and I feel like this happens often. There's a number 4 under it? Should I be unlocking lots of chests?

You only get one chest per champion per year?/season?/reset. I believe the four means you can get 4 chests from 4 new champions you haven’t s ranked yet this reset.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391

You have to own the champion, have chests available (you get one per week up to a cap of 4--this is probably the 4 you're seeing, so you should have them), and not have gotten one on that champion this year.

I'm pretty sure those are all the requirements.

Me elsewhere:
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Ohhhh I didn't realize it was a brand new champion. I had seen the "chest acquired" in the collection window I just assumed that was two metrics. You got a chest per champ S and then additional chests per S weekly or whatever.

edited June 2022
    Ohhhh I didn't realize it was a brand new champion. I had seen the "chest acquired" in the collection window I just assumed that was two metrics. You got a chest per champ S and then additional chests per S weekly or whatever.

You can look at your collection and there's icons on a champion to show whether you've gotten a box with them this year or not. So towards the end of the season you can see who you are missing and try to get S on them to collect boxes.

Here I have champions sorted by mastery and you can see that while I got a box on Lux some time this season, I still haven't gotten an S on Nautilus either at all, or when a box has been available. So next time I see I have boxes available I could try to play some Nautilus.
    g3uj63gpu3b2.jpg

credeiki on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Dear god, that game I just got out of was rough to start. They had a really nasty bot red invade that picked up some kills for them and really put us back. I think we were something like 5-19 at one point.
    Thankfully those five kills were on me.

DING DING DING GET ON THE BOAT KIDS THE CAPTAIN'S SETTING OFF

hxo7800vkmp1.jpg

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    jungle yorick is a choice

aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited July 2022
    I give him credit, at least he did a lot of work. Especially with how well the Maiden was doing with split-pushing lanes. And his wall was handy for holding people in place so I could force-feed them a nice diet of delicious bullets.

A big chonky boi of ablative meat.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited July 2022
    jungle yorick is a choice

For some reason I had assumed this was Wild Rift when I started looking and seeing the jungle Yorick only cemented this belief.

Then it slowly started to dawn on me that wasn't a mobile UI.

edit: hold on I went to his wiki page and this seems... fine, actually

maiden's %HP mark damage that she does every two seconds doesn't seem to have a monster cap on it, which seems really good for herald/dragon/baron!

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    edit: hold on I went to his wiki page and this seems... fine, actually

maiden's %HP mark damage that she does every two seconds doesn't seem to have a monster cap on it, which seems really good for herald/dragon/baron!

Jungle Yorick's biggest problem is that Yorick typically wants to split push, and the pace of objectives means you usually don't want to have your jungler doing that. (I think his first clear is also a little rough before he gets enough ghouls.) You're a good brawler and do have good objective control, so...yeah. It's not the worst, especially if you don't mind trading an early dragon or two and don't mind having weak-ish gank pressure early.

Me elsewhere:
    Honestly not complaining about having a 4-1 run tonight on the Rift and finally got back into my Silver promos. Especially since the one loss was from someone AFKing in the fountain and we got the LP loss blunted. That was also the one game I got MF stolen from me. Coincidence? :thinking emoji:

But seriously I think I saw in the Stats screen that I have like a 70+% win rate this season on her. I think I’ve gotten into a good groove, where I know that even if I’m not having the best game I know how to still be useful to the team with positioning ults for team fights or slows or just farming and knocking towers down to keep pressure up.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Should have known better than to try to queue on a holiday. First lobby, I'm assigned top and no one will roleswap with me, so I dodge rather than feed my ass off for 15 minutes. Second lobby, I'm assigned support and my lane partner hovers Bard, won't respond when I ask him if I'm farming or if he is, I lock Seraphine and he eventually picks Ezreal and starts trying to trade with me (???) ten seconds before the game starts. Had to dodge that one too, so now I'm down 13 LP and staring down a 30 minute queue timer. Thank you Riot!

vz3lulh7386k.jpg

EAT IT NERDS

persona4celestia.jpg
    If you pick Vladimir, the game lasts 45 minutes, and you end up doing less damage through many, many teamfights than our enchanter support, what was the point of the pick exactly

Might go over to the dark side and just yuumi my way up to plat

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

do eet.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

I mean, if you hate your junglers, sure

Moridin889 wrote: »

what do you mean by this? A lot of Yuumis are duo with jg and hop off the adc asap in order to ride around on Ekko/Hec/Nocturne

It's not like vision control matters below diamond anyway, no one pays attention to their minimaps.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Moridin889 wrote: »

what do you mean by this? A lot of Yuumis are duo with jg and hop off the adc asap in order to ride around on Ekko/Hec/Nocturne

Still means your jungler has to escort you everywhere and it wastes their time.
    It's not like vision control matters below diamond anyway, no one pays attention to their minimaps.

This is depressingly very accurate and reasonable.

it's really fun when you sweep a ward during a gank and think, ah well this is a waste, but then nobody moves so it's just like

well i mean ok i guess i'll take this free 300 gold. twist my arm

aeNqQM9.jpg