As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Keyforge: The Age of Ascension is upon us!

18910111214»

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Yeah, I gotta say the Crucible RPG book is *amazing.* I love all the detail about the Local Group.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Bumping from the deep since Keyforge Adventurers was announced, where they're starting to release co-op adventurers that you can play against with your decks. The first two will be released as print-and-play files, one in April, and one in May.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Okay I can get behind this

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • EvilOtakuEvilOtaku Registered User regular
    This is rad! I was seriously worried the pandemic may have killed keyforge

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    I almost missed their April 1st post: Announcing KeyForge Noir

• MaclayMaclay Insquequo Totus Es Unus Here and ThereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Bumping from the deep since Keyforge Adventurers was announced, where they're starting to release co-op adventurers that you can play against with your decks. The first two will be released as print-and-play files, one in April, and one in May.

The first of these is available now. I won't have a chance to put it together for a while, but at first glance it looks similar to how the Hero (& Star?) Realms campaigns work. On a second look I'm gonna rescind that comparison, I think what I was expecting was overwriting what's actually there, and any similarities probably aren't that deep. Best just judge it for yourselves. Still, looking forward to trying it

Maclay on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    A friend bought my sons a starter set of two decks, and they had their first go with it on Sunday. It is going to be difficult to pull the "Magic" out of them and figure out this game, but the coop adventure stuff sounds neat. We'll see if the interest sticks.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    https://keyforging.com/ghost-galaxy-acquires-keyforge/

Keyforge has been bought by Ghost Galaxy
    All of us at Ghost Galaxy are super-excited to today announce that we’ve acquired the IP and publishing rights for the amazing KeyForge game from Asmodee. Fans should strap themselves in for the ride, for we have big plans for the game (and, hopefully, for many new players).

Ghost Galaxy was founded by Christian T. Petersen, the original founder of Fantasy Flight Games. Christian made the original deal with Richard Garfield to publish KeyForge, and alongside his senior management team, oversaw the publishing of KeyForge’s first release Call of the Archons. At Ghost Galaxy, Christian has been fortunate to gather a veteran group of former FFG game-crafters, including the key technology team behind the original KeyForge implementation.

Fans may gander at this article for some initial information about the state of the game and our plans.

More information will be published on this website in the weeks to come. To be among the first to receive KeyForge-related news, we encourage everyone to subscribe to our mailing list .

You may read the press release related to the acquisition here.

liEt3nH.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I wonder how far this will go. I hadn't heard of Ghost Galaxy, but I knew Petersen had bought the event space in Rosemont and the Print on Demand facilities. It feels like he might be going for FFG v2.

On the other hand, I've heard mixed reports about the FFG work environment, and I know Petersen can be... Abrasive.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a complete relaunch, learning lessons from the first go around.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    edited June 2022
    Honestly, after my SolForge Fusion stuff arrived the other day, there's part of me that hopes that they do something a little different and release decks as "house packs." Like, you get a specific house build in each booster pack, and you get three to build a deck. Although I guess it might be a little tricky if you get duplicates in one?

Doubtful, though, due to the preview article on the website talking about the Token creature mechanic, and how there'll specifically only be one per deck.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    I still want to know what happened to the original software. The Ransomware theory does quite hold water.
    Anyways, good to see a lot of the keyforge team also got picked up. And yea. in light of SolForge Fusion, it will be hard to go back to immutable decks.

Mashing up houses is a great idea, even with Token creature restrictions. It would bring new life to my 100+ deck collection. Though there is nothing really stopping us from doing that homebrew. I wonder how broken the game can get.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    New House is named Ekwidon, and Winds of Exchange is still the next set. Looks like this was the plan from the start when they made the hiatus post in late 2021.

YL9WnCY.png
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Just got an email that Keyforge is acquired by Ghost Galaxy. Much respect!

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    edited July 2022
    The two Adventures are getting a commercial release in the fall. (They'll have a limited number of them at GenCon if you're going.) They're also getting a bonus Nightmare mode in these packs if you want more of a challenge.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Looks like they are crowdfunding the next set of Keyforge.

https://gamefound.com/projects/ghost-galaxy-games/keyforge-winds-of-exchange

• DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    EvilOtaku wrote: »
    Looks like they are crowdfunding the next set of Keyforge.

https://gamefound.com/projects/ghost-galaxy-games/keyforge-winds-of-exchange

And its life on gamefound.
    Got me some decks and the solo/coop add ons.

steam_sig.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Hot damn, that's a LOT of early support!

Edit: Ahhh, interesting. They are not offering a Retail pledge level, because part of the purchase agreement for the IP was having Asmodee have exclusive b2b distribution rights. Makes sense.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Team Covenant has an interview with Former Founder of Fantasy Flight Games and current Owner of Ghost Galaxy Games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akw9Ay_s1-I

edited September 2022
    Heh. My game store owner friend is like "nope. Dead game, no support, bad management" when I brought this up. And I can't really deny that.

Athenor on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I haven't been in a game store or played a game of Keyforge since February 2020

Not exactly Keyforge's fault

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    I know that some people were keeping track of the number of decks that were registered on the Master Vault across the pandemic, and apparently it's kept up a pretty good level the entire time. So it's still selling pretty well, curious to how it'll do with the relaunch.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I really tried to get into it when it was new as the idea of being able to go to card game events with no prep work was very appealing. And I had great fun with the first few I went to but they very quickly trailed off.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I'm backing the Kickstarter thing. I'll get a handful of decks and some playmats. Don't really care about tournaments but it's enough decks to have variety while playing with friends and wife. Ultimately it seems much less predatory than most other tcgs these days that have 5 different products a month with premium products for hundreds of dollars. Mtg isn't magic to me anymore.

• Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Acquire the rights to and re-release Maelstrom / Vortex you cowards

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
    3 days left in the campaign, and Christian T. Petersen is giving a tour of the on-demand printing facility.

It's wild seeing his name all the way down, on everything: Ghost Galaxy, Artiforge, Strange Stars LLC (his venture capital unit)...

... okay, not strange, but I still find it cute.

1.1 million for the campaign. Not too shabby.

I will admit, part of what has me the most excited is the "unchained" format of just complete randomness.

I never expected it to hit $1M.

The only thing that stopped me from getting a box of Unchained is the fear that it will be like 80% unplayable garbage. Still I hope they keep Unchained deck around.

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    im excited. im getting like 3 playmats, a custom deck, the savior deck, a couple unchained, and basically a display box. really interested in the next set too which looks kind of gothic horror focused. it worked for innistrad so why not keyforge?

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I respect what Keyforge does but I'm not willing to buy in unless it goes digital.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Keynote from Keyforge Celebration last week

https://youtu.be/WJ_YMxiit2k