As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[nba] franken-warriors rise as curse of the brook settles over lakers

• TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    The Brooklyn Nets are now Ben Simmons' team

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    tp1e79n77k6a.jpeg

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Man did my “hot or not” list of teams age poorly

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Kasyn wrote: »
    Seems like KD wants the chance to go at GSW and correct his battered legacy. Does this man make any career decisions that aren't based on his insecurity and hurt feelings?

I think he just wants to go to a team that isn't fundamentally broken and can play as a team for more than half a season.

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Magell wrote: »
    Seems like KD wants the chance to go at GSW and correct his battered legacy. Does this man make any career decisions that aren't based on his insecurity and hurt feelings?

I think he just wants to go to a team that isn't fundamentally broken and can play as a team for more than half a season.

Oh yeah, a team with an even older Chris Paul that is losing its cornerstone center is totally going to win playoff games next season.

Edit: Also, it's his fault he decided to team up with Kyrie. Everyone with half a brain knew it wouldn't work out. Even the Nets knew - that's why they got Harden in the first place. Only they didn't realize that Kyrie is such a big fuck-up that he can drive away their insurance plan, too.

Inquisitor77 on
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    If KD does end up with the 76ers it would be an interesting set of circumstances for Ben Simmons. Somehow he got traded from his old team only to watch the best players on his new team leave to join Embiid.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That's never going to happen.

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    It’s just so stupid it just might happen

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    They wouldn’t have wanted him back anyway

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    They wouldn’t have wanted him back anyway

Yeah I routinely send messages to Natalie Portman telling her its over, one day she'll get the hint.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • swaylowswaylow Registered User regular
    It seems very Hawks-y that right after we make the first "big" trade of the free agency season with 3 first round picks for Dejounte Murray, one of the best players in basketball becomes available in a trade a day later.

I am sure we wouldn't have pulled off a KD trade anyway, but it does make me laugh/cry how bad our timing is. And maybe how bad the Murray trade is to begin with. Oof.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
    I don’t think Mark Cuban would have patience for Kyrie

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I don’t think Mark Cuban would have patience for Kyrie

Agreed

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • burboburbo Registered User regular
    It's always nice to see the Goggins's agreeing on something.

Why would you even want Kyrie at this point. Everyone literally just saw what he does to a team. For the second time in a row.

But what made me laugh so much was the fact that Luka and Kyrie play the same position, and one of those players has proven he can carry a team deep into the playoffs while also playing in the majority of his team's games while the other has proven he's a dumbass.

burbo wrote: »
    It's always nice to see the Goggins's agreeing on something.

It’s as good as 30 Helens

Warriors lose Gary Payton II (3/28 to Portland) and Otto Porter Jr. (2 years with Toronto). Rough start to free agency.

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Clearing cap space for Kyrie

Good for GP

Get that bag GP2! Well-deserved, well-earned.

Blazers restocking

Miles Bridges’ wife posted graphic pictures of her injuries, video of her toddler son recounting the assault, and way too many Twitter idiots calling to “hear both sides first”

Fucking gross

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Jebus314Jebus314 Registered User regular
    Blazers restocking

All guards though. Heaven forbid we get anybody taller than 6’5”.

"The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it" - Dr Horrible
    Brogdon should flex until the end of his days about being traded for 5 dudes and a first round pick

Kings get Kevin Huerter, not bad. It's the Kings, though.

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    TelMarine wrote: »
    Warriors lose Gary Payton II (3/28 to Portland) and Otto Porter Jr. (2 years with Toronto). Rough start to free agency.

Not quite yet. There was almost no way they were keeping OPJ, and there was no chance they could keep both GP2 and Looney while also paying Wiggins AND Poole. If Looney gets poached I think that would warrant a slight eyebrow raise, but so far these are expected losses that they're likely hoping to compensate for by the young guys taking the next step this year.

I love the Brogdon fit even if he’s another non shooter

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    I’ll die for team president Brad

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Celtics didn’t even use their TPE

wait til we add some other scrub like kuzma for pennies

C8Ft8GE.jpg

Not quite yet. There was almost no way they were keeping OPJ, and there was no chance they could keep both GP2 and Looney while also paying Wiggins AND Poole. If Looney gets poached I think that would warrant a slight eyebrow raise, but so far these are expected losses that they're likely hoping to compensate for by the young guys taking the next step this year.

Poole and Wiggins under contract for next year, so technically they don't have to re-up them yet. If they lose Looney as well, that'd be a big blow, imo. We'll definitely be seeing more Moody and Kuminga for sure.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

I thought their #1 need was a wing who could come off the bench to spell Tatum.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45

Poole and Wiggins under contract for next year, so technically they don't have to re-up them yet. If they lose Looney as well, that'd be a big blow, imo. We'll definitely be seeing more Moody and Kuminga for sure.

*phew* Looney back

Trajan45 wrote: »

I thought their #1 need was a wing who could come off the bench to spell Tatum.

IMO what they needed was more bench players that could be trusted in the regular season, not necessarily a wing, so they didn’t need to be using 7-8 guy rotations nonstop again. Which it feels like they accomplished. They’ve got 10 trustable guys now, and don’t have to be in this constant sprint from January on. Get bigger minutes from the gallinaris regular season then go 8 deep in the playoffs again

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Good lord that seems like a lot for Rudy gobert

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Good lord that seems like a lot for Rudy gobert

Uh, yeah. FIVE first round picks plus all the rotational players. If Gobert gets that... what's KD get?

I just realized it was Danny ainge again. Man can collect picks!!

C8Ft8GE.jpg