As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Playdate] or what if Warioware Inc. made a console?

2»

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    New update email, group one shipping has been completed and group 2 shipping started "a few days ago"

I'm still order ~12000, but no shipping details yet, unfortunately

Group 2 expected to be done by end of August

Burtletoy on
    According to USPS tracking, my playdate should be at my apartment when I get home in ~2 hours!

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I'm trying to think of the best way to talk about games in the Season without spoiling them? There's been some real bangers.

Saturday Edition was probably my favorite so far.
    That game was a *banger* (holy shit that end sequence), although in the classic point and click style there were a couple of points where I missed what I had to do to advance and had to check a walk-through.[/url]

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • XantusXantus Registered User regular
    FRANCE HORN

I am slain. Peak Gaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viL5Xks4EfU

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I'm trying to think of the best way to talk about games in the Season without spoiling them? There's been some real bangers.

That game was a *banger* (holy shit that end sequence), although in the classic point and click style there were a couple of points where I missed what I had to do to advance and had to check a walk-through.[/url]

Got my Playdate the other day. I don't have that game?
    The only two available after updates and all are Whitewater Wipeout (which I have no idea how to play... I think my top score so far is 10 and I don't know how I got it) and Casual Birder.

Do I have to do something to update and receive other games or is it random or something?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

Got my Playdate the other day. I don't have that game?
    The only two available after updates and all are Whitewater Wipeout (which I have no idea how to play... I think my top score so far is 10 and I don't know how I got it) and Casual Birder.

Do I have to do something to update and receive other games or is it random or something?

Every week two more open up for you, I believe.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    edited July 2022
    Yeah, New Game Time is Monday at midnight PST. If it doesn't start auto-downloading when in sleep mode around that time, you can go into Settings -> Games and have it refresh and you should be able to download it there.

EDIT: Fun fact that isn't obvious: There's a light on the lock button for notifications that new games are available. It'll be more noticeable if you don't have the case, but it's neat that it kinda peeks through in the gap if you're looking at it from the side.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    I also just got mine and updated everything and only have the first 2 games.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    IIRC your season starts when you turn your thing on. Which means you have to wait.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Yup, as the unit rollout is so slow and the excitement of the weekly game delivery is so core to the vision, everyone gets their own season 1 starting when they first register their Playdate.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    I think this is a very cool little device

Can't even really notice it in my pocket compared to my phone

For whitewater wipeout
    one of the tips on the game over screen is hold up on the d pad to get more air and another one is hold left and right to turn quicker

Estimate 2.5 weeks for international delivery + postage strike, but mine is finally on its way to me!

MhCw7nZ.gif
    The precious has arrived!

Week 1:
    The surfing game isn’t my kind of thing but Casual Birder is exactly the kind of quirky adventure I was hoping for! Lovely.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited September 2022
    Spoilers to week 4:
    Casual Birder (week 1) is still my favourite so far.

Week 2 was a bit of a wash as Cranklin turned out to be a bit duff despite bing the poster child game and I wasn’t too fussed to mess about with a music synth.

Week 3 games were ok. The marble game was cute once but doesn’t inspire replays. Pick pack pup probably has good legs if I get around to getting back to it.

Week 4, the penguin game is fine but pretty forgettable. The music sample matching game is surprisingly meaty though. Enjoying this one.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    Just got mine! Whitewater Wipeout is not my thing, I'm a little surprised it's one of the launch titles because it's not intuitive AT ALL, but Casual Birder is great!

Anyone have any favorite third-party games they've sideloaded?

y59kydgzuja4.png
    edited March 2023
    https://youtu.be/Qr1_f-Q8Klw

New Update video.
    Catalog, the curated on-device game store, is live today. There's two free games on there as a bonus for checking it out. Update your system to get it. You can also browse the store on the web.
    Bloom got a new content update today to go along with it being available on Catalog too. If you did the sideloaded version before Feb 2023, however, you may need to copy the save data manually.
    The Dock *is* still coming, they've got samples in and they're going through on testing them. They mostly wanted to focus on getting actual units out the door due to supply chain chaos.
    Speaking of which, due to part price increases from the factories, the price on it will be going up to $199... but in a month. You've got until April 7'th to get in a pre-order at the current price. Existing pre-orders are unaffected.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Having fallen afoul of their payment processor international order snafu on the sales launch, I'm looking forward to finally getting my unit in a month or two.