As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Perfect World] A very pretty free MMO you should check out if you're into free stuff

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I liked the idea of using a on-screen keyboard to type passwords to protect against keyloggers.

Tav on
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So where can you get more of those Vital Hierogram thingos? Way handy.

Cynic Jester on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Winged pink ferret?

SabreMau on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I think that was a winged fox, actually. Anyway about to download it now, was wanting to try it out when I heard about it another time but there was no PA interest... now that some of you guys seem to be enjoying it, I'll give it a try.

Edit: Made a human 'warrior' named Arthil, hope to see some of you guys on.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So where can you get more of those Vital Hierogram thingos? Way handy.
    I was looking into that yesterday. It appears you can only get them through quests/craft them yourself. Unfortunately the first level hierogram (sp?) only does it's trick with 2k hp. When you talk to a pharmacist (after giving him head, of course) there's a "produce hierogram (sp?)" option.

I will be on later tonight, I think.

There's one bugged quest, but the quest reward was so awesome it was worth the pain.
    Discord

Required LVL: 16
    Start NPC: Tailor Stephanie
    Mission #1: Visit Blacksmith Francis At Ethersword City (431,874)
    Mission #2: Get Thunder Thorn (5) from Molten Lava Crystal (431,874)
    Monster Locale: Ground Of Lodging
    Mission #3: Visit Blacksmith Francis At Ethersword City (431,874)
    Reward: Gold (2150), Exp (3350), SP (800), Heaven Celestial Stone
    You gotta decide who you want to help, I picked Blacksmith Francis, who made me find 5 Thunder Thorns. It says you have to kill them in Ground of Lodging, but that area does not have any mobs in it (it's a town). When you pick the Molten Lava Crystals around town they usually don't have the quest item. There are two walking around who get close to town, those do have the quest item.

It's a pain, but it's worth it, the armour you get out of it is two times better than the normal version you can buy in the shop.

---
    For those still doubting...that's the only bugged quest I've found thus far.

Aldo on
  • ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Anyone found a painless way to download? Mine stopped last night and those "10 part rar file" type megaloads are a bit much. What's the preferred way?

Threelemmings on
    edited February 2008
    Anyone found a painless way to download? Mine stopped last night and those "10 part rar file" type megaloads are a bit much. What's the preferred way?
    Wasn't it on Fileplanet as well, that should work fine?

I got it off Online Welten, but that's because I live pretty close to where their servers are.

If shit keeps getting corrupted you should look into a proper download manager.

Aldo on
    edited February 2008

Fileplanet had it as one handy 2.1gig download.

Tav on
  • SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Is the registration really asking for my phone number and passport number?

That just feels like stuff I don't want to give out to random websites.

Selner on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Selner wrote: »

My pass port was something like 'wfhfkq1414' and it doesn't seem to care.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited February 2008

Phone number is only if you're Malaysian and it's optional.
    Passport is just random letters. Mine was 000000 and it didn't care.

Tav on
    edited February 2008
    So yeah, this is the least grindy korean MMO I've ever played. The amount of quests is astounding, almost comparable to WoW. I went from 16 to 17 without killing a single mob.

Cynic Jester on
  • Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So yeah, this is the least grindy korean MMO I've ever played. The amount of quests is astounding, almost comparable to WoW. I went from 16 to 17 without killing a single mob.

Interesting. Not even for a quest, eh?

I'm rather interested now. It'll take some time to download this file, but I'm going to give this one a shot!

Maybe tomorrow/later tonight I'll join you fellows. Are we still lacking in any sort of guild structure?

Corp.Shephard on
    edited February 2008

My pass port was something like 'wfhfkq1414' and it doesn't seem to care.

The passport # is just for contests they say. Don't give them your real #, imo.

Aldo on
    edited February 2008
    Interesting. Not even for a quest, eh?

I'm rather interested now. It'll take some time to download this file, but I'm going to give this one a shot!

Maybe tomorrow/later tonight I'll join you fellows. Are we still lacking in any sort of guild structure?
    Correct. No guild. No idea how to get around making one anyway.

Aldo on
    edited February 2008
    Look, I'll illustrate how hilarious this game is. You get a quest called "My fat wife" or somesuch. It involves a travelling merchant who can't bring his wife along for work or something or other, engrish hard to comprehend. Now, you have to go to a merchant in a different town, talk to him, he sends you along, so forth, so forth, then you return to him with 5 feathers so he can make a comfy wheelchair for the travelling merchants fat wife.

Let me restate that. You have to go make a wheelchair for the fat wife of some merchant so she can join him at work. A wheelchair.

I mean, seriously? The translation, while bad, is so awesome at times. I love it.

Cynic Jester on
    edited February 2008
    Look, I'll illustrate how hilarious this game is. You get a quest called "My fat wife" or somesuch. It involves a travelling merchant who can't bring his wife along for work or something or other, engrish hard to comprehend. Now, you have to go to a merchant in a different town, talk to him, he sends you along, so forth, so forth, then you return to him with 5 feathers so he can make a comfy wheelchair for the travelling merchants fat wife.

Let me restate that. You have to go make a wheelchair for the fat wife of some merchant so she can join him at work. A wheelchair.

I mean, seriously? The translation, while bad, is so awesome at times. I love it.
    You missed the cheesy part:

his wife liked being outside so much that she started working out and is eating less now. The merchant says that she's such a good wife now. :P

the conversation with the old dude was more fun~
    "I have a wheelchair she could use"
    -"Can it support a heavy person?"
    "How heavy?"
    -"200kg"
    "WHAT? How can a human be that fat?"

Aldo on
    edited February 2008
    Aldo from what I saw the requirement to make a guild is Level 20. Though we could just make a Penny Arcade channel, theres a 'build' button down on the chat frame to make a channel.

Arthil on
    edited February 2008
    Arthil wrote: »
    Aldo from what I saw the requirement to make a guild is Level 20. Though we could just make a Penny Arcade channel, theres a 'build' button down on the chat frame to make a channel.
    I'll log in now, I thought about doing some homework tonight, but fuck that.

Aldo on
    edited February 2008
    I made a chatroom

"pennychat"
    pw: coxdix

Aldo on
  • SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Holy crumbs, a 10+hr download? okey dokey, may be awhile before I can try this :) .

Selner on
  • redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Ok, i'm starting it up very soon. I think it's patching currently.

redfenix on
  • Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Aye, on this shoddy connection at the dorm, I can't peak 60kb/second on my download speed. It seems that this one might be an overnight download.

I suppose I'll play with you gents tomorrow.

Corp.Shephard on
    edited February 2008
    So I saw a big mountain and I wanted to climb it. I couldn't reach the top from this side, the slopes were too steep.
    This is as high as I got: mountain1.jpg

Looking down was creepy: mountain2.jpg

Jumping down, weeeeee no faaaaalll daaaaamaaaage: mountain3.jpg

Aldo on
    edited February 2008
    Cool enemy, or coolest enemy?

sadf.jpg

Tav on
    edited February 2008
    Note that those are just two feet tall. :P

Aldo on
    edited February 2008
    Although they should be 8 feet tall and have lasers for eyes.

Tav on
  • ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    Although they should stand on each other's shoulders and have lasers for eyes.

Threelemmings on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Worth noting is that, if you downloaded a self-extracting archive, once you have it all unpacked you can delete that, saving 2.2g. I did and installed the game and it worked fine.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • maraxus94maraxus94 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Did we take down the chat channel?

maraxus94 on
  • sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Oooh, a Perfect World thread - I've been growing steadily more addicted to this game over the past week! I'm on the Delphi server with my WF Khristina, EP Asmodea, WR Daboorah, and EA Biijou.

sidhaethe on
  • NAND NORNAND NOR Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    maraxus94 wrote: »
    Did we take down the chat channel?

Apparently it's more of a temporary chat room, and not really a channel. They close when the person that created them leaves. Or at least that's what happened to a few of us earlier. With luck we can have a guild set up soon.

NAND NOR on
    moebius.jpg
    edited February 2008
    Aldo is one level away from being able to make a guild... I can only hope there is no requirement to -join- a guild.

Arthil on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    That would be annoying, yes.

Oats on
    edited February 2008
    Arthil wrote: »
    Aldo is one level away from being able to make a guild... I can only hope there is no requirement to -join- a guild.

I can confirm that there is -not-.

Cynic Jester on
    edited February 2008
    Whoo! Oh and everyone, try and get screenshots of really cool things you see/do in the game. Especially some combat to post in the screenshot threads, we need to lure more people in <.<. Quick everyone roll a Werefox and get in a bikini!

Arthil on
  • sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I just posted some character/scenery shots... I don't want to spam the thread just yet >.>

sidhaethe on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I rolled a (hot) WingElf priest. Pretty cool so far, I puttered around the city way too long though.

captaink on
  • HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This looks interesting, and I'm downloading as we speak.

But I'll be damned if the cubizone site doesn't have the hardest captchas I have ever seen. I don't think the point was to make the unreadable by both humans and machines. :|

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
    edited February 2008
    Only problems I had with that site was it was slow as fuck.

Edit: Also if anyone is on right now I'll be around. I'm on vent also if anybody feels like chatting.

Arthil on