As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon Go] Ultra Beast mode

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I hope they're at least keeping SOME of that team to help, you know, fix some of the PoGo bugs that have been around for six years and never addressed :P)

Which ones are those? I've been playing all that time and I haven't noticed any. Granted there are new bugs that crop up from time to time, but that's the nature of persistent online games.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Apparently it plays a lot like Pokemon Go? Bless 'em for trying.

I've been curious how all their non-Pokemon projects have been going. I know Harry Potter was a bit of a flameout.

I mostly enjoyed Harry Potter, except the grind was set a bit too high.

I liked their cooperative dungeons and cooperative greenhouses much more than PoGos competitive gyms.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    I hope they're at least keeping SOME of that team to help, you know, fix some of the PoGo bugs that have been around for six years and never addressed :P)

Which ones are those? I've been playing all that time and I haven't noticed any. Granted there are new bugs that crop up from time to time, but that's the nature of persistent online games.

I know I've heard a few that I don't remember off hand right now, but some of the biggest that I've personally experienced are a result of GPS drift. The expanded spin ranges and stuff actually help alleviate some of this but there are definitely areas of my city where my character will just start zipping all over the place and suddenly all the pokemon despawn because Niantic thinks I'm driving -_- Every time I take the elevator in my office my character will warp across the street for a few seconds :P Stuff like that. It used to really, really be a problem during raids because suddenly I'd be out of range of the gym and people are either going in without me or I'm in and the game says I've wandered too far away, etc (but again, the expanded range and remote raids really mitigates this a lot now). The "you're going too fast so we're going to despawn all pokemon" thing has really fucked me over several times in the past due to this tho (I personally think it's a bit too sensitive and probably shouldn't activate at as low of a speed as it does). (actually come to think of it, I once recorded myself pinging all over the city.. wonder if I still have that video)

There's other stuff which may or may not be newer but I've definitely had lots of times where the game locked up trying to "enter a new scene" (like going to a pokemon catch screen or to a gym display). Several times I'll click a pokemon and the game just flashes white and I'm looking at a blank white screen until I close and restart the game (happens a lot on community days :/)

Edit: Oh, I do. This is from four years ago and an example of it being REALLY bad but this is literally me sitting in one place:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkutfWcvHR0

I legit don't know how solvable this stuff is, but google maps doesn't have these issues :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I don't think GPS drift is Niantic's fault. I still sometimes get GPS drift in Google Maps. It's just not as noticeable since it's zoomed farther out and you're not trying to stay under a Pokemon spawn speed limit.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    I don't think GPS drift is Niantic's fault. I still sometimes get GPS drift in Google Maps. It's just not as noticeable since it's zoomed farther out and you're not trying to stay under a Pokemon spawn speed limit.

No, it's not. I just feel like there's gotta be some things they can do to account for it.

Edit: Random aside, I do think they finally improved auto team selection, at least a little. Still remember the days where it literally only picked highest hp/defense mons so you'd have a team of Aggrons or Regirocks as the suggestion for practically everything :P Still don't know why the game keeps recommending Charizard for Mewtwo raids tho.. got plenty of dark and ghost types with more CP. It's like it can't suggest more than two Giratinas or something :P It'll be like, Gengar, Gengar, Giratina (Origin), Charizard (randomly), Tyranitar, Weavile and I'm just like.. why? Haha. Dark and Ghost are some of my most numerous types at high (>3000) CP... (it also looooves to double up on Gengar even tho it has the defense of tissue paper :P But at least it's a valid counter.. maybe it likes that I somehow have like 4 100% Gengars and two of them are level 40)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Why can't we delete eggs? I don't want 9 crummy green eggs, and i definitely don't want to waste good incubators on them.

Speaking of bugs, anyone else have their ball randomly change color, or just hang in the air after they release it? So weird.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Why can't we delete eggs? I don't want 9 crummy green eggs, and i definitely don't want to waste good incubators on them.

Speaking of bugs, anyone else have their ball randomly change color, or just hang in the air after they release it? So weird.

I would freaking LOVE to be able to delete eggs. 2k eggs are just pure trash to me and 5k are generally also trash (there's one or two things in there I wouldn't mind the extra candy for but nothing I *need*... did pull a shiny Wynaut from one last week tho, that was cool). Meanwhile with the holes in my dex,10k eggs are almost universally great (except that I keep getting Audino and Rockruff which I don't need.. but again, did get a 100% Rockruff). And even a lot of the duplicates are either candy for good pokemon or something I wouldn't mind getting better IVs on.

Edit: Random side note, I think I approve of how 7k eggs are being handled now. It's basically just all the regional forms, so if you want a regional form, you go for those. None of this "Here's a bunch of garbage Pokemon and also one good one" they used to do :P (Granted some of the regional forms are garbage but I mean, you know what you're getting here and you'd not likely fishing for candies through this... beyond farfetched I guess :P Would totally be ok with them cycling out some of the Alolan regionals tho for more Galar (or even Hisui).. those have been in the game foreeeevvvverrrrr now)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Apparently it plays a lot like Pokemon Go? Bless 'em for trying.

I've been curious how all their non-Pokemon projects have been going. I know Harry Potter was a bit of a flameout.

I mostly enjoyed Harry Potter, except the grind was set a bit too high.

I liked their cooperative dungeons and cooperative greenhouses much more than PoGos competitive gyms.

You were catching such stupid stuff in Harry Potter.

It should have let me choose my school house not profession and then we should have just been catching Fantastic Beasts and using them to fight like in Pokemon.

I like basketball so maybe I'll give this NBA all world game a chance.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Oh, I kinda like this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/vnosjf/pokémon_go_anniversary_event_battle_weekend/

The hats are whatever (I am honestly a little sick of hats though the cake hat is cute :P) but kind of a decent lineup of spawns for this. Not that we need MORE Kanto starters spawning but at least we're getting all the other ones via research :P (and maybe I'll finally complete those damn gen 6 starter final evos...). Also Gabite in the wild is nice, I'm still sad I missed Gible community day...

(actually some of these raids are trash tho... Tyranitar and Metagross are fine but come on, we JUST had a bazillion spawns of the Kanto starter evos... Why are there literally two different Charizard raids?)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Oh, I kinda like this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/vnosjf/pokémon_go_anniversary_event_battle_weekend/

The hats are whatever (I am honestly a little sick of hats though the cake hat is cute :P) but kind of a decent lineup of spawns for this. Not that we need MORE Kanto starters spawning but at least we're getting all the other ones via research :P (and maybe I'll finally complete those damn gen 6 starter final evos...). Also Gabite in the wild is nice, I'm still sad I missed Gible community day...

(actually some of these raids are trash tho... Tyranitar and Metagross are fine but come on, we JUST had a bazillion spawns of the Kanto starter evos... Why are there literally two different Charizard raids?)

Because one of the Charizards is wearing a hat! You want a Charizard wearing a hat, right?

Also we're getting some kinda ultra unlock with the Berlin event and that looks like a silhouette of Pansear, so the math's pretty easy there.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Oh, I kinda like this:

Because one of the Charizards is wearing a hat! You want a Charizard wearing a hat, right?

Also we're getting some kinda ultra unlock with the Berlin event and that looks like a silhouette of Pansear, so the math's pretty easy there.

Someone on Silph Road said it's because Charizard is the 6th Pokemon (why he got a hat). I guess that makes sense.

I actually very much like the idea I saw on there from someone that perhaps they'll release Pokemon 666 (which is actually Vivillon) with this event. That would honestly be a pretty hype thing to do IMO (even if it's obviously going to be yet another "travel the entire world to get all of them!" regional thing).

Actually, shit, if they do that all my Vivillons will become worthless in Home... I really gotta unload these Archipelago patterns while they're still rare and I can trade them for good stuff :3 (I kinda want to see if I can get the Furfrou trims which apparently *only* come from Go atm)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    If it's JUST Zapdos in 5-skulls that'll be fine I guess. If it's all 3 of them, I'll be just a bit saltier about not trying for Kangaskhan back when they were in Mega raids, since at that point it'll be the only Gen I pokemon I won't have

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Tox wrote: »
    If it's JUST Zapdos in 5-skulls that'll be fine I guess. If it's all 3 of them, I'll be just a bit saltier about not trying for Kangaskhan back when they were in Mega raids, since at that point it'll be the only Gen I pokemon I won't have

They've already announced that the three birds will have their own week throughout July, so yeah, just Zapdos.

• Options
    More Machops spawning in the wild? Yes please. Time to score enough XL candy to fully max out Bone Saw!

• Options
    edited June 2022
    More Machops spawning in the wild? Yes please. Time to score enough XL candy to fully max out Bone Saw!

Yeah, I've been trying to get Machop XL candy with the Machop nest we have and the game has just been terrible about actually giving me XL candy. I'm hoping with them having a boosted spawn in the wild I'll be a bit more lucky.

Edit: Hey, random question. How do I get Super Rocket Radars? I was trying to google it and it kinda sounds like you need special research to get them but I wasn't sure. Do they just issue new special research each month/whenever he has a new shadow legendary? Or am I misreading that stuff and there's a different way?

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Edit: Hey, random question. How do I get Super Rocket Radars? I was trying to google it and it kinda sounds like you need special research to get them but I wasn't sure. Do they just issue new special research each month/whenever he has a new shadow legendary? Or am I misreading that stuff and there's a different way?

Short answer: Events

Basically Super Rocket Radars are almost always going to be special research rewards, and said researches are usually tied to Rocket-themed events

Tox on
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Aren't the Super Rocket Radar the one you get after beating six Rocket Grunts?

Edit - Ohhh, the Giovanni radar. Yeah, that requires Special Research. Derrrrp on my part.

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    Aren't the Super Rocket Radar the one you get after beating six Rocket Grunts?

No, that's the regular Rocket Radar. The only way you can get a Super Rocket Radar for Giovanni is through an event research reward. Beating the Rocket Leaders does nothing to find him.

And if it helps, the higher the relative CP of the 'mon, the higher the chance you get an XL candy. Same applies to candies earned through buddy walking.

• Options
    edited June 2022

Basically Super Rocket Radars are almost always going to be special research rewards, and said researches are usually tied to Rocket-themed events

Ok, that's kind of what it seemed like. Weird they made it so limited. Why not just require you to beat the three leaders to assemble the super radar? Were they worried someone is going to run around grinding up Shadow Mewtwos or something? *shrug* (which they better bring back at some point.. I missed out on that, and Latias and Latios are kind of meh)

Warlock82 on
  • Options

Ok, that's kind of what it seemed like. Weird they made it so limited. Why not just require you to beat the three leaders to assemble the super radar? Were they worried someone is going to run around grinding up Shadow Mewtwos or something? *shrug* (which they better bring back at some point.. I missed out on that, and Latias and Latios are kind of meh)

Sort of, I think, yeah. Because Giovanni's team only changes with a new event. Like, if you used a Super Radar today you'd get a Latias. So if you could keep grinding Super Radars, you could keep grinding legendaries, and you would not only get way more candy that way, you'd also eventually get a really, really, good IV legendary.

Also regular Radars can be bought for coins so it would also be P2W

• Options
    Regular Mewtwo was JUST in 5-skull raids. I don't think Giovanni has had Mewtwo in years (but I haven't played in years so idk)

• Options
    They need to bring back Armored Mewtwo.

• Options
    Wife and I got a lucky trade so now I have a lucky shiny Skarmory and she has a lucky Alakazam that she evolved for free

• Options
    The fire collection challenge (active at 8 am, wherever you are) grants the only Pansear we're going to get, so expect to see him as everyone's buddy for a while.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Ugg, I just saw the current raid list. Wow that sucks. It's like almost entirely gen 1 except for Wobbuffet and Granbull and some pretty garbage gen 1 at that (I mean, I love Meowth and he's one of my favorite pokemon, but he's a terrible attacker in this game)

I might do a handful of Articuno but even that's not super exciting because I have a bazillion of them already.

(edit: lol, I replied to someone who posted an infograph with them with sort of an "ew those are the current raids?" and they blocked me... fine, enjoy your shit raids :P)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    It's the anniversary event (or at least the pregame). Personally I'd like to see them include at least the Gen I regional exclusives (Tauros, Mime, etc), but mostly because I need a Kangaskhan lol

• Options
    It's the anniversary event (or at least the pregame). Personally I'd like to see them include at least the Gen I regional exclusives (Tauros, Mime, etc), but mostly because I need a Kangaskhan lol

I'd be OK with that even though I have them. Honestly I just want some interesting raids. These are all pretty boring.

• Options
    pezgenpezgen Registered User regular
    The fire collection challenge (active at 8 am, wherever you are) grants the only Pansear we're going to get, so expect to see him as everyone's buddy for a while.

Are they doing the other two apes? I’m in the UK, so I’m swimming in Pansears and their candy.

• Options
    pezgen wrote: »

Are they doing the other two apes? I’m in the UK, so I’m swimming in Pansears and their candy.

probably maybe? We have no data, the collector challenge itself was revealed relatively last-minute. Are there more in-person Go Fests coming?

I'd be OK with that even though I have them. Honestly I just want some interesting raids. These are all pretty boring.

Technically all I need is Kangaskhan, but my Farfetche'd and Mr Mime are both regional variants so I wouldn't mind getting the Kanto versions as well

• Options

We don't know for sure but there's three apes and three events. As you said, the Pansear bonus is meaningless for a third of the world. So you would think we're in for the other two in order to spread the wealth, but who knows.

• Options

Did you get Dialga before you quit? That's coming at the end of the month - the one dragon that isn't weak to dragon.

• Options
    edited July 2022

Did you get Dialga before you quit? That's coming at the end of the month - the one dragon that isn't weak to dragon.

Yeah, I think I quit right around when gen 5 was just starting to roll out because I remember seeing wild Snivys and Tepigs and stuff. I even have a Cobalion which I guess must have been one of the last raids I did (was surprised, don't remember getting it but I also only have one). I also know it was in October because for the longest time my last caught Pokemon was a costumed Bulbasaur from a 1* raid :P I think all of my Dialgas have kinda garbage IVs tho so I mean, I'm ok with Dialga showing up this month (and honestly he's a good attacker so more candy is always nice). It's just everything else that's kind of a bummer. The birds are "fine" I guess but not exciting, but if it was the birds and cooler tier 1-4 raids I'd be more excited. That said, am very much excited for Mega Gengar at the end of the month... I have something like four perfect Gengars I could mega evolve not to mention I just flat out have zero XL Gastly candy and this should be an easy-ish way to get some (also Mega Pidgeot just cuz I don't have it :P). Now that I have learned of the glory of remote raiding, megas are suddenly hype for me with this newer update to them. It's not too hard to get ~200 mega energy for whatever megas are up and then I don't have to worry about it again unless I wanna do multiple. That's nice.

My personal guess is yes. There are three in-person Go Fests total (I remember this cuz each one is getting an exclusive Ultra Beast and there's three :3) so I'm guessing each one we'll be getting a different monkey (like, maybe one has grass spawns and Pansage and the other one has water spawns and Panpour). That would make the most sense to me anyways.

Edit: Oh, totally forgot to mention. Was doing some last minute Mewtwo remote raids last night and somehow got two shinies (almost in a row, there was one non-shiny in between). Only shinies of Mewtwo I've gotten since he started showing up last month (and I think before that I maybe only caught one ever)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Ended up finding this the other day
    9m1emv0o8pcm.png

Too bad it's not a great attacker in PoGo but still cool

• Options
    Poison/Dark/Shadow

that is a funky aura

• Options
    Looks like we're getting more Pansear - the ultra unlock will cause it to spawn in raids starting Wednesday. Shiny, too! Also, a crapton of bonuses for next weekend's battle event.

• Options
    Legendary Pokémon as battle league rewards is nice - as long as it’s more than just “whoever the current 5* raid boss is”.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Legendary Pokémon as battle league rewards is nice - as long as it’s more than just “whoever the current 5* raid boss is”.

It's always whoever the current 5* raid boss is. Which is usually a step up from like half the weird choices for battle league reward mon.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    Looks like we're getting more Pansear - the ultra unlock will cause it to spawn in raids starting Wednesday. Shiny, too! Also, a crapton of bonuses for next weekend's battle event.

This is pretty cool. Something a bit more hype than what they were doing before.

Curious if they'll do anything like this for Pansage/Panpour

• Options

It's always whoever the current 5* raid boss is. Which is usually a step up from like half the weird choices for battle league reward mon.

No, I know there’s always a chance of getting the current 5* boss (that’s mainly why I bother with Battle League) - I guess I was wondering if it meant there would be a wider range of legendaries as rewards for the event. Probably not, I’d guess.

• Options
    Kinda salty that it looks like I won't be getting Articuno this week, which makes me less likely to want to bother with the others, which makes me want to stop playing Go altogether.

Really sucks because my wife's gotten a lot more into over the last couple of months