As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] God Roll Guns and Flawless Runs; Tons of Fun in the Light of the Sun

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Parasite may be the literal worst weapon I have ever encountered. It was certainly not worth the trouble.

Edit: IDC how much damage it could potentially do, it has a 2 foot range, no blast radius, and a projectile slower than I run.

???
    the blast radius is massive, it scales with the Feed The Worm stacking buff so at high stacks it's a room deleter

I went over and tried to kill some wandering hive in the Throne World. If I could get it to them, it tried to kill them, but the only way I could make the worm make contact was "45 degrees angle and pray for ballistics", since the sight just plopped the fuckers into the dirt about 10' ahead of me.

I don't WANT to get up close and personal with a grenade launcher. My teammates blow me up enough as it is. :p

Edit: Also, I quit playing at ~Forsaken, so I had a decent stock of unlocked exotics already; shit's got to compete with some of my other toys. (Though TBF I only have catalysts for a few, as I quit before those existed.)

Parasite has two use modes:

1: Occasional "Big gun" where you fire it after killing like 15 other mobs with other guns/abilities.

2:. Close in blast that hurts you to power up your immediately following shots.

Those are where the whole exotic perks do things. It is not a typical GL. I can get not liking it but it is anything but bad. Mode 1 is ridiculous for some stuff.

It's 20 kills. Worth noting that yellow/orange bars count for more, you can fully charge it in like 4 kills of orange bars.

It's also got immense blast radius, and hits super levels of damage fully charged. One of the things that makes it shine is going that asshole? They're dead. Just delete champions, players, whatever.

If you ADS it even has a helpful guide on its angle when you fire it. It's basically a mortar.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Parasite feels safer to use at close range than a rocket launcher.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Yeah, Parasite is insane in a lot of high level content because it will just delete tough enemies instantly and the charges aren't too hard to stack as long as you aren't dying all the time.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    parasite is more of a grenade underhand tosser than a grenade launcher

i love it though, you get used to it's stupid projectile arc pretty quick and it just utterly blaps motherfuckers

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Yooo, Stacks on Stacks is on Ada today.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah I believe grenade launchers in general recently received a reduction on how much you hurt yourself to make them more viable

Plus half of the point of Parasite is to hurt yourself for extra damage

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Yeah I believe grenade launchers in general recently received a reduction on how much you hurt yourself to make them more viable

Plus half of the point of Parasite is to hurt yourself for extra damage

Yup. Parasite has a very clear gameplay loop - smash adds to charge it. Delete a big target while standing in the blast radius. Use the empower to mop up all the survivors while charging it again.

If it can just get a Catalyst that gives it autoloading holster, it'll be even more amazing. Only reason I don't run it more often is I tend to favor exotic primaries/specials in PvE.

But as it is, it's one of the best choices for Exotic Heavy, and I just really love how it has a clean, strong design with an excellent niche without being a have this or get out the way Pre-nurf Lament was, and Gjally constantly toes the line on.

Seriously, give me more exotics that have that clean of a design.

Speaking of... solar may be all the hotness right now, but Voidlock can do some real bullshit this season still. The res changes are amazing for them, Hollow Denial is really good (and comes with Repulsor brace), or you can bring Wavesplitter if you feel like being able to casually throw out all three void debuffs with zero effort. And Ruinous Effigy is back to full strength of you want to shut up and jam some fools.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    TV talks through a really close 5-4 Trials win, he talks through his decision making process in a lot of different situations and I think it's a nice short "here's why to do what when in Trials" kind of video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq8UUzS9swo

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    What a difference a day (or two) makes! Sadly, not in a good way.

Sunday night: I had a few minutes free, so I popped over into Trials Freelance to see if I could mop up 50 round wins for the pinnacle. Imagine my surprise when I won five games in a row. Admittedly, my overall contribution to the wins was minimal, but it felt like I was supporting my team by laying down covering fire and just closing off escape options. If you can control the other team's movement, it's easy(er) to shoot them. I mean, they didn't know I was eminently ignorable and they could have literally charged through my coverfire and likely not taken any damage, but a lot of the game is mental, so it worked.

After 5 games I noticed it was nearly midnight so I tapped out - it was a "school night" after all.

Monday was busy so I didn't get to log in.

Tuesday night I was looking at a (so far) flawless ticket with 5 wins. I let myself believe that I might actually go flawless for the first time ever! And then I logged in. First three games... not only were they losses... not only were they 0-5 trounces... not only did I get zero kills in all three games... but I couldn't even get a single assist! Several times it felt like I was dead before the opponent even was displayed on my screen. My overall damage per GAME (not per round) was in the double digits, well under 100 total. Some rounds I didn't even get a single shot off before I was deleted. After that complete smashing, the matchmaker must have woken up and realized it had me in the wrong bucket. Starting game #4 (for the night) took around 8 minutes to find. Staring at the "finding guardians" display for that long, I started to wonder if the game had gone down, until it finally popped. That one was a loss too, but at least I did okay (as opposed to completely awful) and actually got a couple (two!) kills and four assists.

26904.png
  • Options
    Coolguy was right, this is fun.

https://youtu.be/cQR3jMXUmDQ

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Had a pretty good run at trials last night, with games 6 and 7 both being 5-4 wins. Game 7 was against 3 bubble Titans with 2 synthoceps, 2 pellet shotguns, and a fusion rifle. We decide that we’re never going to challenge tunnel, playing range, playing a lot around river, sometimes B flag.

And then the messages about us playing like scumbags. Like, yeah dudes, I’m not naively running straight at your cqc setup, sorry.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Wait, Sunshot is good now? (In PVE.) And so is Graviton Lance? Graviton Lance?

Fuckin' hell.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Alright, so the nerf gjallarhorn is going on sale soon and evidently you need to finish the quest to unlock it to order one. Can I get a couple volunteers to run through the dungeon with me? I tried to solo it to no avail. Maybe tomorrow or Friday night EST?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    @CptHamilton come on the discord! (link is the first post i belive). Ask in the chat. We'll 100% be keen to run it with you

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Ran into @Zombie Gandhi in freelance glory last night. Same team. We lost the first round pretty handedly but then I noticed it was him and then just played around him since I know a decent amount how he plays from trials runs

I’m normally a flanker and try to get picks (though classy restoration has made thst harder this season) but he’s more a team shooter and lock down cq with fusion which is fine for my bow.

We win 5-1. So it just goes to show how ridiculous team comp and chemistry can be even without mics

He had a hell of a game and I was meh but night and day compared to the first round

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Ran into @Zombie Gandhi in freelance glory last night. Same team. We lost the first round pretty handedly but then I noticed it was him and then just played around him since I know a decent amount how he plays from trials runs

I’m normally a flanker and try to get picks (though classy restoration has made thst harder this season) but he’s more a team shooter and lock down cq with fusion which is fine for my bow.

We win 5-1. So it just goes to show how ridiculous team comp and chemistry can be even without mics

He had a hell of a game and I was meh but night and day compared to the first round

It was fun!

I've been having a rough season in Survival, and that was definitely one of the highlights of the night. I was gonna feel bad if we lost after round 1, so I was glad it clicked when we started rolling together. I wish RNG kept us together a bit for more Freelance, cause yeah, we then broke the enemy team handily.

Always weird when the matchmaker does that though. You would think they'd run a simple "is in same Clan" check or something.

• Options
    YerMumYerMum Registered User regular

Fuckin' hell.

Yep! Sunshot doesn't interact with Solar 3.0 though which is unfortunate

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • Options
    YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    @CptHamilton come on the discord! (link is the first post i belive). Ask in the chat. We'll 100% be keen to run it with you

Yep! Happy to help run you through.

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • Options

It was fun!

I've been having a rough season in Survival, and that was definitely one of the highlights of the night. I was gonna feel bad if we lost after round 1, so I was glad it clicked when we started rolling together. I wish RNG kept us together a bit for more Freelance, cause yeah, we then broke the enemy team handily.

Always weird when the matchmaker does that though. You would think they'd run a simple "is in same Clan" check or something.

This season has been weird. I did really well early on then had like a 2 night run if just awfulness with my first night if negative glory in the last two seasons.

Kinda got back on track last night but still feels a bit rough. Don’t glory during trials freelance that seemed like a big mistake

616610-1.png
  • Options
    YerMum wrote: »

Fuckin' hell.

Yep! Sunshot doesn't interact with Solar 3.0 though which is unfortunate

Aww. I suspect that solar trace rifle that scorches also doesn't interact with it; I experimented with it a bit to see if I could get more ignitions with it, and no luck.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Prometheus Lens should work, but otherwise it's just Skyburner's (hip fire) and Jotunn (catalyst).

There are some decent / good weapons with Incandescent, though.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular

It was fun!

This season has been weird. I did really well early on then had like a 2 night run if just awfulness with my first night if negative glory in the last two seasons.

Kinda got back on track last night but still feels a bit rough. Don’t glory during trials freelance that seemed like a big mistake

I'm like hard-stuck in the low to mid-3000's, waffling between Fabled 3 and Mythic 1. Every time I start making progress, I go on a losing spree, and the road back up sucks. I know the mode didn't really change, but between Restoration Hunters and snipers becoming way more oppressive this season, I'm having a rough go at building momentum. Just want to hit Unbroken so I can kinda leave the mode alone until the rework, because it has become even less fun than Bad-Trials, which is saying a lot.

• Options

It was fun!

I'm like hard-stuck in the low to mid-3000's, waffling between Fabled 3 and Mythic 1. Every time I start making progress, I go on a losing spree, and the road back up sucks. I know the mode didn't really change, but between Restoration Hunters and snipers becoming way more oppressive this season, I'm having a rough go at building momentum. Just want to hit Unbroken so I can kinda leave the mode alone until the rework, because it has become even less fun than Bad-Trials, which is saying a lot.

I hit 3800 and have floated between 3450-3750 since but it’s only been like three sessions, one awful drop from my peak and two more to climb back so I dunno how hard stuck I am yet.

But Yeah with all the air changes getting the focus I think flinch has gone under the radar and it certainly seems like snipers and lfr can just ignore your shots a lot of times.

Lfr counter me harder than snipers though. I can usually mess with snipers with smoke bomb radar pings then cloak to catch them off guard. Lfr eat a bow while charging and pop my head off.

And everyone just heals after a bow shot now. Hunters dodge. Titan barrier wall. Warlock rift.

It’s no bueno! Feels like you need to win a 1v1 three times to get a pick.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    TWAB with actual content this week: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/51511

Lots of weapon buffs and nerfs coming before next season:
    TL; DR
    Buffs
    • Airborne Effectiveness:
    • Improved baseline airborne accuracy and aim-assist for all Primary weapons.
    • Added a static airborne effectiveness buff to some existing perks.
    • Raised the base AE stat on several Exotic weapons.
    • Tuned up some underperforming Primary weapon subfamilies in PvP.
    • Increased pellet Shotgun damage in PvE.
    • Increased ammo per Special brick for Glaives, Forerunner and Eriana's Vow in PvP.
    • Linear Fusion Rifles no longer receive increased flinch in PvE (will still receive increased flinch in PvP).
    Nerfs
    • Tuned down some overperforming Exotics in PvP.
    Gjallarhorn is getting buffed in PvE (removing Proximity Detonation makes it so the rocket will do impact damage) and nerfed in PvP:
    Gjallarhorn is much too dominant as a Heavy weapon choice in PvP and Gambit, due to proximity detonation making it very easy to use, and Wolfpack Rounds finishing Guardians who should be far enough away to be safe.
    • Primary rocket no longer has proximity detonation.
    • Wolfpack Rounds now deal half-damage to players.
    There's a lot of changes to exotics and weapon archetypes, check em out in the post

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Grinding up Control this week so I can get the shader and the golf ball and not have to play any more crucible for the rest of the season.

I'm old, bad at the game and am playing on a crappy pc with a bad wifi connection.

I've managed to make it sort-of fun by combining Osteo + Necrotic Grip so I have a decent chance of kill trading people who are better than me, and doing my best to give my team as many arc souls as possible.

Just annoying the shit out of the enemy team while sitting on a fat 1.4 k/d.

• Options
    There's 100% a place for a teammate that maintains a 1.0 or higher k/d and does annoying shit to the enemy team, you shouldn't feel like you're bad at all.

• Options
    Yeah some of my best plays in glory involve me flanking and just annoying the enemy, drawing their attention in while my teammates murder them from the other angle

Which reminds me I need to try mida/stompees again. Been a while and if I throw on solar with tons of restoration I’ll be the most annoying pest

616610-1.png
  • Options
    So... the discord invite in the OP is invalid. Can anybody drop a fresh link? Or do any two folks wanna do the Gjally dungeon now-ish?

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    So... the discord invite in the OP is invalid. Can anybody drop a fresh link? Or do any two folks wanna do the Gjally dungeon now-ish?

https://discord.gg/63wDNFrQ

@GMaster7 fresh link for op

• Options
    Thanks!

I managed to get through Grasp of Avarice with an LFG. Sooo much easier with a fireteam than solo...

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I had a PA team take me through avarice and get the secret journal logs as well, I really like that dungeon.

It does feel like duality is much more streamlined though. I’ve now been running that every week with a PA group and it’s just boom boom boom done.

I ran the dreaming city dungeon when it was on rotation, and it was hilarious how overpowered the fireteam was in comparison to when I was running it consistently when it came out. One person accidentally got too close to the lantern and lost ability to hurt the boss and we still killed her in one phase. Just too stronk.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I had a rough go of it in Trials this morning, but consolation prize was getting my second gilding of Unbroken!
    4YMbo54h.jpg

The main obstacles towards gilding the Unbroken seal are the triumphs for 4x Survival wins in a row and 6x Valor wins in a row. The latter triumph is broken in the player's benefit, putting me at an absurd 97 win streak, so the Survival wins were the last triumph I needed. Luckily, I got four wins in a row for the only four Survival matches of the season.

Honestly it's strange that gilded Flawless requires multiple flawless runs, but gilded Unbroken doesn't need Legend glory rank, but I'll take it. Getting Legend 3x is a monumental ask already, so I'll take the "easy" gilding requirements.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular

https://discord.gg/63wDNFrQ

@GMaster7 fresh link for op

@Local H Jay Just seeing this, sorry. I'll update the link when I get home from this BBQ! My bad.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    As an FYI, from the known issues page:
    The Polaris Lance catalyst is no longer progressing with Perfect Fifth burn kills.

:|

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I got about 1/3rd through the Perfect Fifth part of that catalyst before giving up, a real "do any of ya'll actually play this game you make" moment.

• Options
    The way I was using it, I suspect I'd end up progressing the kills portion slowly as I got kills with it. But it's just broke as hell. Which annoys me, 'cause I actually really like the gun, turns out.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    I got about 1/3rd through the Perfect Fifth part of that catalyst before giving up, a real "do any of ya'll actually play this game you make" moment.

I did it back in the day when it first came out. You went the Castellum and spent 20 minutes grinding out mobs and shook your head at the stupidity of the whole thing.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    Grinding up Control this week so I can get the shader and the golf ball and not have to play any more crucible for the rest of the season.

I'm old, bad at the game and am playing on a crappy pc with a bad wifi connection.

I've managed to make it sort-of fun by combining Osteo + Necrotic Grip so I have a decent chance of kill trading people who are better than me, and doing my best to give my team as many arc souls as possible.

Just annoying the shit out of the enemy team while sitting on a fat 1.4 k/d.
    Late reply, but I think it's important to know the majority of players seem to average a .8 or .9 KDA. Not K/D, KDA.

Consistent 1.4 is more than fine.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Trickskeves plus forerunner and a lightweight sidearm is a blast. Air pew pew is back on the table

Also I’m starting to think hipfire in air is significantly less impacted than ADS. I’ve made some nice plays with air hipfire that make me feel like it’s not in a bad state unlike ads

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Latest Seasonal Mission:
    Kind've an enemic last encounter there, and the text wrapping up afterwards is contradictory.

"[Calus] is not gone."
    "Calus may be gone."

? Is he dead or did we just chase him off?

I'd certainly be happy to face him again, given the lack-luster clash in the actual mission, where you couldn't really die since you had the nightmare harvester non-stop.

H9f4bVe.png