As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Epic Seven - episode 4 coming to a close soon.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Oh haha that's rad. I totally forgot about the balance pass since the rest of the update was kinda nothing. Though it looks like they snuck a new unit in that they'll be showing off soon.

Seems like a pretty good patch overall. Early reports are Haste is now really good; basically Fire Ran. W.Silk is supposed to be pretty good now; DJB is better than he was; Eternus is really great now; I'm even excited about the A.Ras change, helps with PvE stuff.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Oh haha that's rad. I totally forgot about the balance pass since the rest of the update was kinda nothing. Though it looks like they snuck a new unit in that they'll be showing off soon.

Seems like a pretty good patch overall. Early reports are Haste is now really good; basically Fire Ran. W.Silk is supposed to be pretty good now; DJB is better than he was; Eternus is really great now; I'm even excited about the A.Ras change, helps with PvE stuff.

I just want us to finally enter the Choux meta.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    That is strange my DJBasar is doing 12-13k. Deleted the champ ones ive run into.

It probably depends on how many other barriers there are. If you get hit 2-3, then the damage is redirected up to her. Match 1 I used MLKhawazu and only did 8.5k-ish damage (HWA gone). Match 2, I used DJB first (so HWA still had barrier) and she took 13.5K damage.

I found a poor soul who still had FCC on defense, that didn't go well haha.

edited June 2022
    Choux definately Fooshes all the damn time now heh. I have her in her old set still. Speed crit. 220 speed, 19k hp, 1.2k def, 2k attk. 230 crit dmg. She is doing respectable dmg and I have really no molas in her. I am just running her in map stuff right now to see how she looks. Against Natalon stuff so mobs with high defenses etc.

Jubal77 on
    edited June 2022
    BTW if you are on the fence about Yulha but still see a lot of Hwas and cant outspeed often Yulha enables T2 very very good. She is easy enough to gear up to eat Hwas S3s and her barrier procs before ubertooth so you just have to survive the S3 which isnt too hard and even there you can proof her if you are on the edge.

All the vods ive watched of her so far she is a VERY good crutch for those of us that dont have the speed to compete at 290+ or so and need to try to T2 some of the lazy of comps with just a fast piera into Hwa.

Jubal77 on
    Might be a bit too early to judge Yulha. The folks I've seen who can survive HWA are doing so with pretty good gear (28K+ HP with good speed). I'm going to wait a bit longer to raise her to 6*. Want to see some more testing done.

https://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/view/8570882

Balance changes next update 6/23. Some really good stuff in there. CD set going to 60%, Injury going to 12% for ST. The constellation updates are great. Destina and co going from 89 base to 100 is huge.

edited June 2022
    As always its a matter of scaling through where you are at. The top % people ive seen her work. But also for people like Astronox. Who has good gear but is more inline with a normal player. You dont need her much faster than 190-200 if you arent at the burning edge from what iive seen. Not hard to get that hp at that speed with her base stats.

Edit: Also I want to make it clear that my statement is not for RTA as I dont see her being an RTA unit. She is Hwa bait. And she does it well. I have seen people calc up the HP needed and if you use her without any layers of protection its 29k hp or so you need for her to survive a 7k, attk buffed hwa (which is pretty high end for the area I am mentioning).

Edit2: From Reddit:

Considering a 7k Attavk Hwayoung, PoV Yulha will take:
    15k HP(no buffs)
    20k HP(Attack buff)
    23k HP(Attack buff + Vigor)

If you have problems just get her some protection or a valor. It makes surviving Hwas cake.

Edit3: Yeah I just threw some meh speed gear on her. 192 speed, 24k hp max PoV and she is eating all the Hwas S3s so far.

Jubal77 on
    I have Yulha at 200 speed and 27k HP, she survived two Hwas last night, but no idea how their gear is. Not sure which artifact to use but I have her on Elbris now because it's the asshole artifact.

Also yeah, those balance adjustments look alright. Injury boost might make it more useable.

edited June 2022
    It'll be interesting since most injury sets are used on AoE counter folks for maximum benefit. I wonder if it'll stack with Zahhak for some massive ST injuries for instantly taking out Krau or A. Ravi.

I guess I'll level Yulha up and mess with her. Seems like PoV is what folks are running just to be careful. I'm leaning towards Holy Sac as backup in case HWA can kill her. Her Arti seems to be pretty good as well. While the initial barrier isn't great with so many buff strippers or DJB out there, the increased damage could be. Downside is that the damage is what is tied to limit breaking. I have 1 and I don't plan on trying for more since pulling for arti's is futile.

Trajan45 on
    The extra dmg from her arti is not insignificant no but the barrier is not good heh. I think her ultimate build is counter elbris. 100% taunt is just too good and lets her be disruptor. Counter Aurius could also be really good to make her more general use.

I just did like 4 refreshes to mess around with other artis as I put real gear on her and not one hwa in those refreshes heh.

Yeah since she's major AI bait, I'd imagine HWA will lose defense value pretty quick.

I think I'm going to move my LQC gear over to Rimuru to make him more offensive and put him back on defense.

They tricked me with the Aramintha image on Monday and now my summer is ruined.

They tricked me with the Aramintha image on Monday and now my summer is ruined.

They keep tricking us with Diene images too.

I finally got into expeditions a bit because I accidentally bought the pass. I had no idea the open expedition was even a thing so I finally finished out the whole thing today.

They're real dumb, but they're fine. I guess I'd like them more if you didn't have to do as many. Also I can't figure out the light one at all. I have a decent-ish team set up for the blue (Zahhak/Fluri/Roana/ALots) and green (Kanna/Tams/Aramintha/Ras) but light is such a weird expo. Right now my team is Celine/Adin/Ras/Roana but I'm up for any suggestions at this point.

If you have SC Carmaine Rose she is great for light as is Cermia. You dont want a healer for it really. You want strip and debuffers heh. Ras, Celine, Iseria, SC Carmainerose etc. I dont get millions but I do fine with SC Carmain, Ras, Iseria, Cermia. You want a burst. 1-2 strippers/debuffers and a support really.

I use Cermia, Cerise, A.Ras, Luluca (on violin). I tried SC Carminerose but lowered my numbers. Light is just a pain, you heal based on damage and can only self buff. If you don’t buff you take more damage.

I finished Automation Tower tonight and oh hey, there's AOL.

Now I can join the cancer world I guess.

Funny enough I don't really use her. I've been using SinAngie a lot lately though.

I can't gear her in a way that makes her meta or whatever. But I'll probably throw her on my defense team to scare people away.

• Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    I finally got into expeditions a bit because I accidentally bought the pass. I had no idea the open expedition was even a thing so I finally finished out the whole thing today.

They're real dumb, but they're fine. I guess I'd like them more if you didn't have to do as many. Also I can't figure out the light one at all. I have a decent-ish team set up for the blue (Zahhak/Fluri/Roana/ALots) and green (Kanna/Tams/Aramintha/Ras) but light is such a weird expo. Right now my team is Celine/Adin/Ras/Roana but I'm up for any suggestions at this point.

I use Aras, cerise, Camilla, and cermia. Basically dual attack heroes paired with dps who don’t rely on passives, since your team gets sealed.

I can't gear her in a way that makes her meta or whatever. But I'll probably throw her on my defense team to scare people away.

She doesnt need to be fast. She can still be really helpful as anti cleave. Mine is only like 200 speed i just umped her fatness and had proof on her for a bit. I had to take it off for Yulha but tangs works fine wither her at what I have.

• Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    I slowed my aol way down. A tanky slow build that goes after handguy is the typical meta build these days.

I didn't realize that the Tams device was back in the automation Tower this round. Got that and the 10%CR boost every time someone takes a turn pretty early on and I've been snoozing through the tower this time.

I’m not sure what the op device in this one is. I got an earth evasion 25% one which makes violet a beast. All the character ones I’ve gotten are for units I haven’t built, go figure.

Violet is always a beast in AT, but I've got the full 100% counter front unit device now with a bunch of single target and "damage when it's not their turn" boosts for fire and ice, so sticking Ravi in the front has been pretty great. Up to 23 now and just kinda snoozing through, Tams/Ravi/Ran/Rem.

https://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/view/8616125

So Alexa is an SC change not a new unit. Not sure how I feel about that, having a seasonal skin as the SC. But since my W13 team is fine, suppose it just saves me stones. ML Vivian is sort of a ? right now. She doesn't seem like she offers much that other units don't already provide and she's weak to a lot of the meta mechanics like Tooth and Detonations.

EE for B&S, Ara, and Cidd. Folks are joking about the 95% chance in B&S's S3 now. Why not just make it 100% like other units (luluca). I don't use Ara so not sure how helpful hers are. Cidd's are kind of funny since he's sort of a meta unit as of late already.

This is a welcome QOL update "Improvements will be made to not exceed the maximum quantity the players possess when tapping the [Max] button."

Aramintha's EE is pretty bad. The speed is welcome, but the bonuses are not good!

Maybe since they just re-worked her, they didn't have much to go on? Yeah they seem really unimaginative. Just slight % increases to stuff.

edited July 2022
    Aras S2 EE seems good though. 3 debuffs would give her 90% in stead of 75% that is pretty heafty buff for GW use. Ive been using her a bit here and there but I need more speed on her.

Alexa was going to be a PVE buff if it was an SC so no surprise there. She should chunk dmg more if you want to ues her and that is great. Cid getting pushback or alaways ele advantage back on his 3 is really nice. I am happy. I dont use B&S so no opinion there really.

ML Vivian should be a big help against aravi stall comps which are plentiful where I am at. She should excel at current meta GW defenses with people like clil and probably belain too. It will be interesting to see. Most recent units are all "underwhelming" by the nobs on reddit but they usually have had power to them. Group crit dmg buff with her kit seems like it will be useful. Pure speed with no real HP needed either. I could see her being insane in even RTA with people being able to drop 50% crit dmg for other stats.

Jubal77 on
    I dunno, I'd rather have the S1 so there's more to explode, but she feels pretty undertuned compared to Carrot anyway. She's still one of my favorite characters but I really feel like she's been done dirty between her redesign and EE.

At least Huche's scam shop is back for a few more mystics toward pity on the custom banner.

Yep, no summer skin either. She was my favorite unit when I started as well (well ml ara was and i still don’t have her ha)

Yeah I am looking at the mystic selector hard right now heh. I have 40 tokens which was going to be for her if she ever gets in the token shop though.

Trajan45 wrote: »
    Yep, no summer skin either. She was my favorite unit when I started as well (well ml ara was and i still don’t have her ha)

I saw her in one of my first rerolls and was like "oh hey, this lady has a prosthetic leg, her husband died fighting demons, and now dedicates her life to wiping the fuckers out. She seems pretty rad!" Then I regretted rerolling away from her when I started because I listened to the meta nerds about getting Angie and Vildred. Was happy when I finally saw her show up one day.

When Ml Ara dropped a meteor I was reminded of Final Fantasy. One day she will be mine. I’ve been lucky enough to get a bunch of coins. I may grab her if she comes back.

Alexa SC largely done didnt have enough runes to max out tree but got dmg ones. She is doing consistently more dmg than my DDJ sigret. She currently has Torn Sleeve on as she took oever for chloe and i wanted the extra debuff chance. She is 3.1k attk, 330 crit dmg, 170 speed only 30 eff whichi need to fix. But yeah she is trucking the wyvern and made pre barriers kill much more common so far. She can put out the deeps.

That's cool, you could gear Sigret for PvP now to have another extinction unit in play.

edited July 2022
    Took a full pity to get there but I got Conquerer Lilias. Officially my fastest unit at 260 speed. Pretty silly. But I'm happy I have her. Just a classic villain. Good stuff.

Edit: also I don't want to see Garo again for a long time.

Shadowfire on