As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Outriders] Ride and die (a lot).

1474849505153»

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    for those wondering about comments like "builds feel better" i think the dev explanation of their balance changes here is pretty good

https://www.reddit.com/r/outriders/comments/vjqn13/outriders_worldslayer_launch_balancing/

by and large the mechanical changes, ignoring numbers, make sense and the reasoning is sensible

lots of things that were too hard to make work and were eg on kill effects are now on shot or on crit effects, making them much more usable overall but especially in multiplayer

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    My Pyro still has their delete combo though Ive noticed its slighty less range than before. Im hoping to get the content tomorrow then dive in. Ice already seen things for Bleed devastator that is super tempting

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2022
    im slightly surprised so many ap things were buffed - i built nothing but ap builds because the gunfeel isn't amazing in this game - and i never had particularly huge problems, though perhaps this is just relative to people who are trying to max out and spending too much time wondering if their build in a single player game is suboptimal and feeling bad

both faser beam and rockets felt stronk before and they got majorly buffed twice

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    The DLC definitely is NOT worth the asking price they have for it, but it is more of OUTRIDERS which is still a fun class-shooter.

I've been running Feed the Flames/Overheat/Thermal Bomb with the Reforged set that increases either FTF or TB damage by 100% after the cast of the other. I also managed to get Ashen Bloom (detonates targets of FTF and applies Ash) and Firetrap (immediate explosion of target of TB). Combined with the multi-target mods for FTF/TB, cooldowns reduction reducing FTF to 3 seconds, TB to 5 and OH to 8, and the addition of the PAX skills that increases EXPLOSIVE damage by 25% up to three times. . .I managed to hit 1BILLION damage on an endgame run with mobs just melting. I was worried this would be slightly weak single-target, but it still puts up big numbers and the survivability with FTF and some armor mods (I have one that I believe reduces cooldowns of all skills by five seconds to FTF is always up in a panic situation) means you've got to get a TON of sustained incoming damage to possibly go down.

Definitely have an eye out to try some other builds (like to do something with Ash Blast) and might on console when the price of the expansion goes down (performance on PC just isn't there; not sure why as the game used to run good).

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    there are a bunch of mods that dont quite work as advertised either

eg thermal bomb w/ "targets that are marked or burning explode" and the node that applies ash when burns end will instantly both ash and burn an enemy who you cast it on once without any burn being on them

some serious peculiarities

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Something I was wondering... what *is* the proper way to kill those Shamans or enemies with the Rift orbs in the main campaign? They always seem like they have a billion too many HP, and I feel like I was missing something other than just turning down the World difficulty.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Shamans are bullet sponges, it's true. Your build just needs to be as on point as possible, but there's no shame in bumping the WT down.

Since re-speccing is free, it might be worth it to look up some specific point/skill builds to push that last little bit of damage for the class you picked.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ED! wrote: »
    Definitely have an eye out to try some other builds (like to do something with Ash Blast) and might on console when the price of the expansion goes down (performance on PC just isn't there; not sure why as the game used to run good).

what's your system like? with dlss on balanced I've been getting pretty decent fps on a 2070super 3950x @ 1080 with most stuff set to max

between 100-120 during fights and 130-150 when nothing is going on

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    Shamans are bullet sponges, it's true. Your build just needs to be as on point as possible, but there's no shame in bumping the WT down.

Since re-speccing is free, it might be worth it to look up some specific point/skill builds to push that last little bit of damage for the class you picked.

I hate myself, so I've been playing the tank class. Eventually settled into a bottom-tree AP build that seems to do okay most of the time in the expansion so far, until I hit a brick wall. I probably need to stack more AP and Status Power to really make it work. It's honestly how annoying the Seismic Shifter tree feels way more tanky than the actual tanky trees but still does good damage.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »

I hate myself, so I've been playing the tank class. Eventually settled into a bottom-tree AP build that seems to do okay most of the time in the expansion so far, until I hit a brick wall. I probably need to stack more AP and Status Power to really make it work. It's honestly how annoying the Seismic Shifter tree feels way more tanky than the actual tanky trees but still does good damage.

How is it way tankier? With minimal leech I've had no issues up to Apoc 13. Fighting the new endgame activity bosses is a bit rough but only because they have so much HP. I regularly let anything that's not an elite crowd me while I walk/boulderdash to the important folks and gun them down. HP doesn't really flicker. Killing an enemy gives you 20% of their armor is a real nice node.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    The new mini tree for devastator is pretty cray.

Giving me shields for skill damage made my ap devastator go from strugglebus to not even taking health damage.

Having a harder time with my middle tree/tank technomancer getting the gear I want but it is fun freezing shit to death.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Oh yeah, the new stuff definitely helps.

What I ended up doing is some sort of bleed/burn build, with all sorts of stuff buffing Earthquake, and it's just been ripping through things now. You're pulling in tons of self-healing from all the bleeds and skill damage. And when you have the mod for a second Earthquake, and the one that increases the range by 60%, and everything hit by the Earthquake gets a bleed, packs just evaporate.

The... uh, I guess final boss? for the DLC campaign was way better than the one for the base game.

persona4celestia.jpg