As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata Passed Away

1234568»

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Even if they offered the position of President and CEO to Miyamoto, I seriously doubt he would accept.

I mean, he's basically had whatever job he wanted at the company for a while now, I have to imagine he's doing exactly what he wants to do.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    To me, having Miyamoto step in in the interim suggests that he won't be selected as the next president (and as many have pointed out, he probably wouldn't want the job full time). It's pretty common in times of transition for organizations to appoint interim leaders who definitely aren't going to stay in the job, while they look for a successor.

Man, it's still surreal that he's gone.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular

From Tiny Cartridge:
    Here’s a photo of Nintendo’s late president from back in 2010, hanging out with Shigesato Itoi’s adorable Jack Russel Terrier. Itoi, creator of the Earthbound series and a good friend of Iwata’s, tweeted the photo this morning. Bouillon seemed to enjoy Iwata’s company. Don’t forget to appreciate your friends!

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    "To tell you more about Satoru Iwata, the president of NoA, Reggie Fils-Aime."

UNZ UNZ UNZ UNZ UNZ UNZ

Great music choice you fucking idiots.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    Yeah, something more somber would have been so much better. Or, no music at all... how about that?

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Eh, it's still Reggie.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Alternatively, you're celebrating someone's life. Not everything needs to be In the Eyes of an Angel sad puppies and crying kittens.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Alternatively, you're celebrating someone's life. Not everything needs to be In the Eyes of an Angel sad puppies and crying kittens.

UNZ UNZ UNZ sitll a terrible choice.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Cross posting:

A fantastic video by DYKG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUHi-vlACJI

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    That still image of Iwata with drastically reduced weight kind of shocked and disturbed me, like, a lot (fuck cancer)

Great video regardless

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Well, I'm glad I had a box of tissues handy for that video :(

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Classy of them to just end the video without the normal HEY CHECK OUR OTHER VIDEOS pitch at the end

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I saw an article pop up that made me realize that today marks seven years since Iwata passed away. If you haven't picked up the Ask Iwata book, you should. It has an intro by Itoi that is both joyful and heartbreaking all at the same time.

With how much success that Nintendo has seen over the last several years, it really makes me sad that Iwata never got to see it happen. I still periodically take a look at the old Iwata asks interviews. To see his love of video games and his respect he had for his employees. I miss the humanity he brought to Nintendo; how he gave a friendly face to a faceless corporation. Seven years later and I still miss all the fun little things this man did to try and bring joy and fun to the fans.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!