As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

anyone else thinking about ducks

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Never thinking about ducks. None of them. Never will. 'Omg you’re missing out' Maybe. You’re missing out on being a multi millionaire. Keep your ducks.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    My brother has six ducks.

They waddle around and quack and stuff.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I moved to new place about a year ago and in february i checked in on our nextdoor out of curiosity

ms4cfws0n2z0.jpg

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    anyone else thinking about ducks

like constantly

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    flying v

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I wasn’t but I am now

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    We talking about dogs in here?

qqwwghzfwb41.jpg

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    ducks fly together

knuckle puck

Real strong, facetious.

• MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Last year, while I was building my pond, some ducks visited. They did not visit this year, so I believe I have been found not worthy. :(

vojqoymjd8kk.jpg

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    When I was a kid we sort of half adopted a bunch of whistling ducks that more or less wandered free. They’d often take off for a few hours and fly to the nearby ponds and come back in the evening. Very chill and cool ducks. Gave us eggs sometimes.

Anyway, one day one of my brother’s asshole school mates came over while our parents were away and started harassing one of them, chasing it around the yard and grabbing it and stuff, thinking he was hilarious despite us telling him to quit it.

Suddenly you could hear whistling from the sky, and several of the other ducks flew in through the trees to the ground, rushed the dipshit kid and started owning that little bitch until he cried.

Veldrin on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That story had a much happier ending than i feared

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    When I was a kid we sort of half adopted a bunch of whistling ducks that more or less wandered free. They’d often take off for a few hours and fly to the nearby ponds and come back in the evening. Very chill and cool ducks. Gave us eggs sometimes.

Anyway, one day one of my brother’s asshole school mates came over while our parents were away and started harassing one of them, chasing it around the yard and grabbing it and stuff, thinking he was hilarious despite us telling him to quit it.

Suddenly you could hear whistling from the sky, and several of the other ducks flew in through the trees to the ground, rushed the dipshit kid and started owning that little bitch until he cried.

I wonder if this guy has visceral flashbacks when somebody gets swarmed by Cuckoos in Zelda

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Well, I wasn't thinking about ducks.

I am now.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    this is probably the best thread in which to tell this story

my partner and i were much younger and traveling from one side of the country to the other by car, like you do, and we ended up in a motel... 6? 8? in a terrible neighborhood in columbus. when the motel receptionist took her smoke breaks out on the curb she was accompanied by a female duck whom she had named anne marie, whom she fed occasionally, but mostly the two of them just like hung out. anne marie was probably better than everything else we saw on our trip, including niagra falls (which is miserable from the US side, don't be fooled).

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    My 2 year old nephew was a duck for Halloween last year.

Pretty dang cute, I gotta say.

gordon bombay

Real strong, facetious.

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I've never seen a white duck IRL.

Plenty of mallards, though.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Ducks are silly, so I think about them quite frequently.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
  • ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Roscoe P. Jangles IV!

Oh, that reminds me of this LoadingReadyRun sketch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7h9UP0mKQM

Children's rights are human rights.
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    They have free ducks at the park. You can just take them. Nobody will stop you

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »

The ducks might?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    depends on how much food you bring for them

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Awo-oo.

sig.gif
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Tef wrote: »

This is true! Lots of ducks at parks are released pets and invasive species and it is legal and encouraged to take and rehome them!

They are friends waiting for YOU!

Magic Pink on
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Lucedes wrote: »
    this is probably the best thread in which to tell this story

my partner and i were much younger and traveling from one side of the country to the other by car, like you do, and we ended up in a motel... 6? 8? in a terrible neighborhood in columbus. when the motel receptionist took her smoke breaks out on the curb she was accompanied by a female duck whom she had named anne marie, whom she fed occasionally, but mostly the two of them just like hung out. anne marie was probably better than everything else we saw on our trip, including niagra falls (which is miserable from the US side, don't be fooled).

Hot (cold) tip

The Canada side of the Falls not only has the nicer waterfall, BUT it also has some tunnels behind the falls you can explore

The one time I went was midwinter (I was there on a work trip) and at -40 the Falls were, of course, frozen over

So you got to see the underside of these wild waterfall ice caves?? It was both very cool and also VERY cold because those caves are definitely not heated

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Whistling ducks are a really good card in Wingspan too!

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I used to work at an IT consulting company that was a front for immigration fraud (yay my exciting life)

outside the little office we had was a pond that would sometimes have ducks and I made friends with one because it turns out we both like grapes.
    He'd come up and be like "wonk wonk wonk" and I'd be like, "yes, a grape for you." and he'd let me pet his little duck head.

I dunno how he kept the other ducks away from this sweet deal he had going.

I used to work at an IT consulting company that was a front for immigration fraud (yay my exciting life)

outside the little office we had was a pond that would sometimes have ducks and I made friends with one because it turns out we both like grapes.
    He'd come up and be like "wonk wonk wonk" and I'd be like, "yes, a grape for you." and he'd let me pet his little duck head.

I dunno how he kept the other ducks away from this sweet deal he had going.

the other ducks had you pegged for a duck slut from the get go and wanted none of it

• RELtasticRELtastic Registered User regular
    The best ducks are Naboo ducks.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    If a queen queefs, and a beaver beefs, what does a duck do?

ducks

• ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    a pheasant wakes us up every morning at around 5am so at the moment I think mainly of that pheasant and my wish to hit it with a brick

• ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    i am always and only ever thinking about ducks these days.

Cw: dead ducks.
    the other day i went to the beach and there was a decapitated duck. Well, the ducks head anyway. I don't know for sure, but I think it was the work of a murder of crows. A warning for some trespass beyond my understanding, forever relegated to the domain of fowl and mystery. Without anything else to do with it, I tried to let the sea simply reclaim it. It stayed there for two days; the tide pushed it here and there, but it didn't take it until the third day, when it's eyes were finally pecked out by some scavanger.

Honestly it probably means nothing. I don't worry about this constantly.

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    Zoel wrote: »

the other day i went to the beach and there was a decapitated duck. Well, the ducks head anyway. I don't know for sure, but I think it was the work of a murder of crows. A warning for some trespass beyond my understanding, forever relegated to the domain of fowl and mystery. Without anything else to do with it, I tried to let the sea simply reclaim it. It stayed there for two days; the tide pushed it here and there, but it didn't take it until the third day, when it's eyes were finally pecked out by some scavanger.

when you find a human head on the beach and a flock of crows watching you from their perch, then you should start to worry

• ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    asofyeun wrote: »
    Zoel wrote: »

when you find a human head on the beach and a flock of crows watching you from their perch, then you should start to worry
    If I knew for certain, the certainty would offset the worry.

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.