As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Honestly, yeah, Iron Sting is the best option for almost every case unless you're whaling for Freedom Sworn. I think my Kazuha is sitting at around 160% ER and has his burst up almost constantly. This is partially dependent on the team though, so ymmv.

Edit: also, you only need R1 of Iron Sting. The passive isn't worthwhile, it's all about the stat stick.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Edit: also, you only need R1 of Iron Sting. The passive isn't worthwhile, it's all about the stat stick.

I think I have like 11 sword billets and that passive doesn't seem totally useless. Especially since I tend to fool around killing stuff with my supports. Might as well R5 it if I'm going to craft it.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    It's safe to assume that Sumeru will come with new 4* craftables, so I'm holding onto billets to see what options we're given there (especially with their drop rate being so low).

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Yeah, and if you're going to use a billet, there are better options. Prototype and Anemona are both great weapons for some characters, and who knows what's coming later.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Man, these events are some of the most boring that they've put out in a while. The 'build a robot' one is just stretching out the most rote tasks over days until you get to do those tasks in a row instead to get robots and if you want Robot 10 and/or 20, you have to just keep doing that until your random 5th roll gives that to you. But you can only redeem 4, so if you want those two, you have to make a lot of notes that you aren't even planning on cashing in. Just, what a waste of time.

And then the bouncing blob game is timing easy jumps for way too long.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    3.0 beta has begun so spoilers are coming around, depending on your definition. Maybe watch out for stuff if you want surprises.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Meanwhile the web event is pretty fun.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    my shitpost suggestions confirmed

dendro make plants and u can water them

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmaAOV4SJNQ

Oh no it's been chess all along

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Is that Baizhu?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I was amazed that something of that quality and importance was just dumped onto youtube, but I suppose it's not like there's much risk of people not seeing it.

• Options
    TravanTravan Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    None of the harbingers at least are chibis everyone relax”
    - mhy probably

Travan on
    Gamertag- Travan7838

• Options
    There's a lot of body types there so either most of them won't be playable, or we'll have some Itto level disappointment.

• Options
    The best news from the patch notes.
    3. Adjusts the performance of Specters after being hit and launched.
    4. Reduces Specters' HP and resistance to interruption, and increases the HP Percentage to fill up the Fury meter of Specters.
    5. Adjusts part of the Specters' behavior logic: it can be affected by the pull effect when it is not in the "expanded" state.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    They should just remove specters.

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    How do you have time for Genshin Impact, and being an international spy?

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    you could see them floating those mushroom dudes from chasm as a like "what if specters were less awful" test

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »

I mean, they got me to level Yanfei to farm Kokomi (and now Kuki) upgrades, which is like a positive result.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Auralynx wrote: »

I mean, they got me to level Yanfei to farm Kokomi (and now Kuki) upgrades, which is like a positive result.

Yes because Yanfei is good.

Edit: the free sword next patch needs specter bits to upgrade too. Boo.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Yes because Yanfei is good.

Edit: the free sword next patch needs specter bits to upgrade too. Boo.

She's fine, doesn't mean the spectres are. ;)

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    I'll never disagree there.

If you didn't build Yanfei, Fischl is great.

Speaking of Fischl, weapon banner coming up is:

5* Freedom Sworn, Lost Prayer
    4* Fav Lance, Rainslasher, Widsith, Mitternachts Waltz, Alley Flash.

Solid banner.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Phew, already got my Mitternachts Waltz
    nzdpf694tyas.jpg

• Options
    There, got both of the anemo boys. Did a bunch of pre-farming for Kazuha but none for the new 4* so I guess I have something to do for a while now.

• Options
    One ten pull got Heizou.

Then one on the weapon banner got Sacred Winds.

Everything else held for Yoimiya in three weeks.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Screenshot_2022-07-13_at_04-11-13_Paimon.moe.png

Went in at 42 Pity. Walked out with this mess.

Of course, I started with a C6 Ningguang, too. So all of those extras are wasted. I'm actually glad I got Qiqi because the only off-banner 5 Star I didn't want was Diluc. I'm getting Yoimiya (I will have just enough if I have to go to high Pity twice again) so I really don't need Diluc whatsoever. I use Qiqi's healing sometimes because even if she isn't built, she heals well with 2-Piece Maiden's. Would've preferred Keqing or Jean but whatever.

I really hate this game sometimes.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    My 2 normal store 10 pulls got an amos bow in the first set and then another diluc constellation in the 2nd. (and my 30 klee pulls were just random constellations, but I expected that since I just blew the pity)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    im not pulling any of these banners because my friend who wants klee banned me from pulling that banner so i dont "steal hers"

life is hard

EDIT: wait they added an entire new section to the adventuring book th at is just like infinite free artifact xp wtf easy life

ive got fucking hundreds of xp bottles now lol

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

Of course, I started with a C6 Ningguang, too. So all of those extras are wasted. I'm actually glad I got Qiqi because the only off-banner 5 Star I didn't want was Diluc. I'm getting Yoimiya (I will have just enough if I have to go to high Pity twice again) so I really don't need Diluc whatsoever. I use Qiqi's healing sometimes because even if she isn't built, she heals well with 2-Piece Maiden's. Would've preferred Keqing or Jean but whatever.

If you use Qiqi at all, get Clam 4-piece for her and just stack as much ATK as you can get. She does 30k physical AEs with it very easily, which is a noticeable chunk of hp for even fat bosses.

• Options
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

If you use Qiqi at all, get Clam 4-piece for her and just stack as much ATK as you can get. She does 30k physical AEs with it very easily, which is a noticeable chunk of hp for even fat bosses.

Yeah, that's the plan eventually. I don't have anyone who benefits from the Husk set and while I can just strongbox the pieces I get from that, I am still trying to get reasonable Emblem pieces for some of my characters on top of other things, so I have a hard time justifying farming for a set that I might not get with all the RNG elements to it for a character I barely use.

• Options
    Ah fuck. I'm away on vacation so I'm playing on mobile here and there. Just realized I'm going to have to go bug hunting again to level up Heizou. Booooooooo!

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I think I'm saving everything I have for Sumeru characters at this point, unless they release another Eula or Raiden banner for me to get the extra constellations I want.

• Options
    Latest story quest confirms Kazuha continues to be a good boy. I sure wish the sword from the quest was useful for him, though

• Options
    Golden Apple islands are finally live but they seem fairly barren at this point. After I did the three available ship races I ran around most of the map and only found 10/20 conches and not really anything else, just some scattered hilichurl-guarded chests and one trivial bow puzzle.

• Options
    Golden Apple islands are finally live but they seem fairly barren at this point. After I did the three available ship races I ran around most of the map and only found 10/20 conches and not really anything else, just some scattered hilichurl-guarded chests and one trivial bow puzzle.

They staged them last time, don't know why they wouldn't again.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options

They staged them last time, don't know why they wouldn't again.

Yeah, but last time the islands rose up one by one. Now they are all there, just 90% empty. Event time gates are hardly anything new but I can't remember last time there's been huge land areas devoid of anything to do.

• Options
    ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    They are really going all out on the Kazuha backstory quests, first his own and now the Golden Apple island stuff (which I assume will vanish once this patch cycle is done though). He almost feels like a normal guy compared to some of the more one-note jokey characters the game has. I've enjoyed the writing in this patch a fair bit so far, so much so I've actually really curious to see what happens next. I'm sure Genshin has a lot of different writers, feels like the quality goes up and down in waves.

He is also lots of fun to play, I never had Venti and Sucrose never really clicked with me (not to mention I got her super late and still lack most constellations), so he is the first character I'm really swirling stuff with. Xiao doesn't count. Might need to slap at least one crown on him, I have almost a dozen of those things stashed.

• Options
    Kazuha's problem is that he's like Bennett. You want him in all your teams, but there's only one of him.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    just dont pull for him, save urself the struggle

like who is pulling for boring buff boy when u can pull for KLEE who fits into every party because every party needs EXPLOSIONS

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png