As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    what the fuck was that? I'm intrigued
    soulframe? wearing their inspirations on their sleeve a bit but that's fine
    is DE actually making a new game, not just another warframe content batch???

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Soulframe is the actual name of their next game. And seems to be a Soulslike.

I missed a few seconds but it sounds like Steve is putting down Warframe and Reb is now head?

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    it directed to soulframe.com but obviously it's overloaded so remains a mystery for now

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    -in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
    Ah so Steve is leaving Warframe to head up the new game, that makes sense

BahamutZERO.gif
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Seagull (a streamer covering the TennoConn) was reading some info that sounded like a press release, mentioning it is supposed to be a Free to play, Action-Hybrid RPG MMO (???), though I'm still trying to track down that info.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    and reb is creative director now.

SteveRage wrote: »

Not at all a surprise. I made a comment about a wellness check for Steve before, but it wasn't really a joke. The last couple years of Devstreams for Warframe made it clear that Steve didn't have as much of his heart in it anymore - the excitement of earlier years was gone.

I'm super happy for him that he gets to work on something new, and hope that it's the fertile ground needed to let his creativity flourish once more.

• kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I'm glad steve's doing something he seems interested in, but him leaving makes me sad for sure. I'd prefer more of the same with a general upward trend in coolness and complexity. These changes inspire a bit of insecurity about something I enjoy =(

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Warframe YouTube uploaded the individual trailers from TennoCon

Khora Prime reveal trailer
    New Veilbreaker update announced. I think Reb said they're looking at getting this out before DP.
    Duviri Paradox trailer. Looks to be the gameplay reveal cut into a trailer.

Hellbore on
    edited July 2022
    Managed to get into the Soulframe website, there's a puzzle to get in. Guess which rune is a cypher for which letter, if you get a rune right it stays lit up until you run out of guesses, but the cypher is fixed so you can keep retrying until you figure it out.

Just some concept art and a pre-registration mailing list signup on the page though. Also you can reserve a player name or something ("Envoy Title") by signing up.

e: lol the confirmation link in the email they send you is malformed, they forgot to put the https: at the front. Also their servers are being hammered so be patient and retry if you need to.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    The code is simple letter/glyph substitution, and the images are also captioned in the same script. Probably easily translatable for someone with more motivation than I've got.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Xantus wrote: »
    i mean is there anything deeper to zariman than "farm all the bounties til your brains fall out and you can buy all the trinkets from the local vendors" ?

i just wish i could progress past rep rank 2 but ive been stuck at 6/10 vane plumes for a while, despite running only the t2 bounty ;p

You also need to farm endless missions for weapon parts until your brains fall out.

edited July 2022
    mk0z7zgb2rgr.png
    that's the solution if you don't want to bother solving a riddle

currently erroring out trying to load the email confirmation link

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    It's speculation time.

Spoilers for the Duviri Paradox gameplay showcase. And the movie Fight Club, I guess.
    The Drifter and Dominus Thrax are the same person. That is why the other characters refer to both of them as "The King". Years of isolation in the void has caused the drifter to develop a form of dissociative personality disorder. Neither he nor Dom are aware they are the same person. The Drifter persona retains some memories of the outside world, while the Dom persona knows only Duviri.

It is stated by the characters that Duviri's existence is maintained only by the will of its creator. Tellingly, the creation of the world is attributed to both Drifter and Dom at different times. Everything that exists in Duviri is some half-remembered part of the Drifter's childhood. Dax soldiers. The opulence of Orokin culture. Ponies.

To leave Duviri, the Drifter is going to have to face himself.
    [/spoilder]

There's a lot of theory about the man in the wall, the void, and how sapient agency interacts with it.
    Folks think that the lotus is wrong when she indicates the man in the wall is a gestalt of the experiences of the folks doing the experimenting, because it was there before the void was explored, but I think she's correct and that the first manifestation of it was a reflection of albrecth himself, the first person on record of having witnessed it. It called him by his childhood name etc. I think it's a collection of all the quirks of all the angency that interacts with it in some way, and so your theory about the drifter having created it fits nicely with my shower thoughts.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    That does fit really nicely with the whole eternalism thing too

steam_sig.png
    kralizecc wrote: »
    I think it's a collection of all the quirks of all the angency that interacts with it in some way

The Zariman missions made this very overt. Yonta even has a line that goes "Void + Thought = A Thing".
    Spoit wrote: »
    That does fit really nicely with the whole eternalism thing too

Exactly. The Void is the nexus of all possible timelines. Within it, anything can exist, because it's connected to a place where that thing already exists.

Spoilers for The New War.
    The Operator, the Drifter, and Dominus Thrax are all mutually exclusive theoretical existences. In normal space, they cannot coexist. But within the Void, they must coexist.

kralizecc wrote: »
    I think it's a collection of all the quirks of all the angency that interacts with it in some way

The Zariman missions made this very overt. Yonta even has a line that goes "Void + Thought = A Thing".

The void yes, but I was referring to the man in the wall in particular. It's like the voids ego

I was hoping the person running Narmer now that Ballas is out of the picture would turn out to be Erra, and I'm glad to see that confirmed. It makes more sense for it to be him than anyone else. He's the only other person who would know the tech that makes the veils work.

• HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    I was hoping the person running Narmer now that Ballas is out of the picture would turn out to be Erra, and I'm glad to see that confirmed. It makes more sense for it to be him than anyone else. He's the only other person who would know the tech that makes the veils work.

I had a very different thought about that.

New War spoilers
    I figured that someone had used his corpse to make a new Archon, like he used the Warframe corpses to make the original three.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    So. I got my Garuda Prime done a few weeks ago and after spending hours with it... I don't like the Garuda prime design.

Garuda has this matador aesthetic, a graceful and elegant killer, a design with flowing lines that accentuate her movements. Garuda Prime just...doesn't.
    So I've gone back to using the regular Garuda skin.

On the up side, the two Incarnon weapons introduced in the second round are awesome:
    • Felarx is both a fun weapon (tubular magazine shotgun, so you reload individual shells) and deals S+ tier damage.
    • Innodem is a fun knife that can be built in a myriad of ways depending on what you like. Generally the focus is combos or finishers, it also provides buffs to and incentivizes a mobile fighting style (various bonuses relating to aim glide attacks, slide attacks, sprinting) and protection (perform a finisher in incarnon mode and you get +10% damage resistance, stacking up to 4x, for the remaining incarnon mode duration).

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    Hellbore wrote: »

New War spoilers
    I figured that someone had used his corpse to make a new Archon, like he used the Warframe corpses to make the original three.
    The reason I think he'll still be sapient is because, during the art panel, they said they wanted to bring Erra back in a big way because his role in the The New War ended up being greatly diminished from what was originally planned.

His head was probably badly damaged when the ceiling caved in on him during The New War, so he just took the opportunity to upgrade.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Playing through new war while young justice phantoms was coming out was a head trip

That resource booster event was fantastic. Got a few million nano spores which I'm perpetually out of so that's great. On the downside, I farmed about 700 steel essence and spent it all on relics. Came away with a single khora prime part, the uncommon. Couldn't even get the 6 common part relics to drop it. I think this is the most unlucky I've been so far, resources spent relative to results wise.

edited July 2022
    This is pretty cool, spoiler for those who aren't current up to the tennocon reveal
    IF you head into the dormizone, and use the drifter as your operator, there are the two teshin swords from the skin pack and that we saw in the duviri reveal leaning in the doorway of the door that doesn't open. They are grey and colorless untill you get close. They become filled with color as you approach but everything else becomes grey. The greyness is an undulating cloud if you pay close attention. Not sure what it indicates but I'm preeeety sure it's related to the coming update.

ko6i1lnhg7ce.jpg

0uzemjgmsa1g.jpg

0nyiqfamh3wh.jpg

EDIT: I see that this is old news, at least 3 months old. got excited there for a minute =P

kralizecc on
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Hellbore wrote: »

New War spoilers
    The reason I think he'll still be sapient is because, during the art panel, they said they wanted to bring Erra back in a big way because his role in the The New War ended up being greatly diminished from what was originally planned.

His head was probably badly damaged when the ceiling caved in on him during The New War, so he just took the opportunity to upgrade.
    We never did get any followup on him apparently having died during the Old War but him denying it.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Oh hey I should fire up warframe and see what new frames I can farm!

So, Caliban- let's see, day/night Earth/Venus open world bounties?

Ew, pass.

Ok Gyre is... also... bounties.

fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck I hate bounties so god damn fucking much.

I will sit in a corner and farm polymer bundles for hours without complaint but I am so, so incredibly tired of bounties >_<

the zariman bounties arent bad, they are basically just a mission with an added condition.
    i got all the gyre parts slowly just doing the different exterminate levels- focusing on the "kill a void angel" bounty addition.

earth bounties can eat shit, tho.

edited July 2022
    Yeah I'll likely run the Zariman bounties because they're new.

But I am 100% done with Earth/Venus bounties.

Plaguestar broke me on Earth open world and Venus wore out it's welcome long before I was done farming items required for rep. I actually still like the Spider Mom fight, don't mind k-drive stuff, and enjoy hunting there with Ivara when I need to for Nightwave but everything else there is a hard no. Unless I'm helping someone I guess because then I don't really care what we're doing but solo? Heeeeeellllll no.

So sorry, Caliban and Caliban related accessories, you're a straight up plat purchase because I have 3.5k sitting there doing nothing :tongue:

HappylilElf on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Yeah, they're not that bad since they're just basically regular missions. And you can just stick to exterminate if you want. And you'll probably get the gyre BPs well before you're done farming zariman rep anyway

steam_sig.png
  • ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »

I missed a few seconds but it sounds like Steve is putting down Warframe and Reb is now head?

I wish them well. That name, though...

Nothing personal. It's just business.
    edited July 2022
    Dac wrote: »

I wish them well. That name, though...

artworks-9iviI5gFsfzaBWlF-Vap5QQ-t240x240.jpg

Dac on
  • XantusXantus Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    if you haven't yet, there's a pretty good redeem code: TENNOCON2022

credits+riven slivers+kuva

Xantus on
  • ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    Xantus wrote: »
    if you haven't yet, there's a pretty good redeem code: TENNOCON2022

credits+riven slivers+kuva

Sweet, thank you.

I'm on a bit of a break from the game, but this is a nice little bump to inaugurate a return to daily logins while waiting for new content.

Nothing personal. It's just business.
    Is there a way to turn off the "Upgrade Available" notifications for Focus Schools in the upper right? Like just not have them show up ever?

I already redid my focus schools and spent what I wanted to spend so those notifications just don't need to be in the rotation.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    So uh. Baro has unusual offerings this weekend. You should go there and check them out.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    So uh. Baro has unusual offerings this weekend. You should go there and check them out.

He has a fucking ton of stuff. Figured I would log in and check him out and dang he is stacked.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • XantusXantus Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

He has a fucking ton of stuff. Figured I would log in and check him out and dang he is stacked.

https://www.warframe.com/en/news/baro-kiteer-cross-platform-inventory-sync-event
    "These new items will be available each time Baro visits from now until the end of August, so you’ll have plenty of time to earn the Ducats needed to purchase everything. "

This discussion has been closed.