As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Mjød Squad

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Mjød Squad!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Mjød Squad

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Is there a pax happening?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    Maybe it's just because I'm Nordic, but Space Wolves feels like the most basic and cliché choice.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I think Ultramarines are actually the most basic and cliché choice. Space Wolves are popular, but they're a subset of Space Marines with their own unique units and rules, thus making them different from the generic / default choice.

• OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    And now I see Gabe picking the blueberries just to spite him.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    I feel like a custom chapter would be Gabe's thing? Although, he does have the tendency to get really 'into character' with a new hobby, like wearing pins of the gym badges he'd earned when he was playing Pokemon. So having established lore (that other people would know) & cool merch might appeal to him.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I feel like a custom chapter would be Gabe's thing? Although, he does have the tendency to get really 'into character' with a new hobby, like wearing pins of the gym badges he'd earned when he was playing Pokemon. So having established lore (that other people would know) & cool merch might appeal to him.

I think that Gabe (the character)'s thing is either the most Vanilla option, or whatever ticks off Tycho. Usually the same thing.

• Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I think Ultramarines are actually the most basic and cliché choice. Space Wolves are popular, but they're a subset of Space Marines with their own unique units and rules, thus making them different from the generic / default choice.

That may be the case in general, but Space Wolves are the generic Nordic option. I don't know anyone who'd touch the smurf marines with a ten-foot pole.

• RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Space Wolves have it rough because they are overplayed, overhyped, overdone, and often overpowered, but that's mostly a consequence of them just being more fun and interesting than most of the other big chapters. Choosing between them and most other Marines is like choosing whether you'd want to roleplay as Ragnarok-era Thor, or the Shakespeare-in-the-park Thor from before the MCU, when he'd show up in other cartoons just to spout exposition in King James English.

• garhentgarhent Registered User regular
    What does the hotdog with fairy wings mean, I'm out of the loop?

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    garhent wrote: »

The Hotdog Fairy is a running gag from when they draw the strip at PAX in front of an audience.
    I'm guessing this one was drawn during Gabe's Saturday charity stream.
    I missed the stream, so I'm not sure exactly how it ran, but Hotdog Fairy there is looking set up for a day at the races between the helmet, the checker-flag wings and the hands at 10 and 2.
    Pretty sure that's a Child's Play logo too, but the white on light green doesn't really play well with my eyes as far as details go.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    see317 wrote: »
    garhent wrote: »

The Hotdog Fairy is a running gag from when they draw the strip at PAX in front of an audience.
    I'm guessing this one was drawn during Gabe's Saturday charity stream.
    I missed the stream, so I'm not sure exactly how it ran, but Hotdog Fairy there is looking set up for a day at the races between the helmet, the checker-flag wings and the hands at 10 and 2.
    Pretty sure that's a Child's Play logo too, but the white on light green doesn't really play well with my eyes as far as details go.

You are right, it is the Child's Play logo:
    14njipvtzsds.png
    Also, due to the charity stream hitting a further goal, there should be some special art in Wednesday's strip too.

YoungFrey on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Back when there were PAX Souths the hotdog fairy wore a large Cowboy hat.

steam_sig.png
  • LekkarionLekkarion Registered User new member
    My first 40k army was Space Wolves back in high school in '95. Little did younger me understand how much money I would eventually be spending.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Space wolves are the worst
    Imperial fists are the second worst
    Ultramarines is a distant third worst. Not being actively dumb, but they're just....generic.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • jberryjberry longtime reader firsttime poster Fort Smith Ark USARegistered User regular
    he says figure out a chapter then hes holding a book so its a chapter in his book

i said
    ill dig in good
    and im swing
    my long shovel
    by my words
    i meant food?
    a look like
    evil devil

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    jberry wrote: »
    he says figure out a chapter then hes holding a book so its a chapter in his book

I didn't notice that bit of (possibly accidental) wordplay - Gabe being more intimidated by the length of the book than the options available feels on brand

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]