As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Azur Lane] Access Mode: GRIDMAN UNIVERSE Rerun!

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    it's not triple posting if there's a week in between each post right

ieqdy4vcejvu.png

the catch-up has been very helpful but i'm still not going to finish Azuma or finish all the fate sims on PR2 even with just because of how behind i was on PR2/PR1. That being said I can finish all but Azuma and either Kitakaze or Gascogne's FS5 so that's still decent all things considered and will eventually help pave the way for when I do come back to it since the improvements to research have been a pretty huge net positive overall.

also i managed to do this after slacking off on getting rainbow BPs in OpSi until this month
    unknown.png

Orphane on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I've been playing this game for like 2 years and I still only understood about half of what you said.

good news: Shimakaze is finally here
    bad news: she's an UR

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Thanks for reminding me to check up on all the 4th Anniversary stream reveals.

Looks like I'm updating again this week.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    first couple of pulls were dreck but got Shimakaze on 3rd 10 pull, then all the other rate up ships within another 3 10 pulls

pretty good, definitely could have been worse

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    If I could get event ships that easily I'd probably still be playing regularly.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    I got Shimakaze on my 3rd 10 pull as well, which was a helluva lot better than New Jersey, which I finally had to get with the 200 pull pity drop.

Edit: lol, watching chat I see this dude just pull 3 in rapid succession.

Sir Carcass on
    Signs point to an Iris event coming up. Le Terrible just got announced, plus a skin for La Galissonnière.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Richelieu and Jeanne d'Arc rerun.

steam_sig.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wamPUWYbOvc

SSSS.Gridman and Dynazenon collab incoming!

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    10-Akane
    20-Akane
    30-nothing
    40-Akane
    50-Namiko
    60-Akane, Minami
    70-nothing
    80-Minami
    90-nothing
    100-Hass, Rikka

not great but not terrible either considering the amount of collab ships

one thing to note for people playing the Gridman/Dynazeon event who've gotten Rikka

she has a unique gear loadout where she can equip auxiliary gears in every slot, which is to facilitate the use of the unique gears from the exchange shop (which are all auxs and also meant for her)

aside from the barrage-enhancing effects they have on her skills, functionally the Battle Tracto Max gives her a main gun, the Buster Borr gives her torpedoes, and the Sky Vitter gives her an AA gun when equipped in the slots those normally go in even if you don't equip an actual gear from those categories and are equivalent to top tier CL gear enhanced to +11 at +10 - you can equip the Grid Calibur and another aux gear (usually Steering Gear or Repair Kit) as needed, but she does have more flexibility due to having leeway in what you can equip

if you are grinding Gneisenau META I would definitely bring a DD with the Hedgehog ASW aux in the vanguard

her super torpedoes are no joke and will mess up your backline if they aren't taken out

it looks like we are getting an Ironblood event at the end of the year with

being an FDG class UR

it feels like we've been getting URs faster and faster...

edited January 2022
    eyy we're back from the holiday forums, hope you guys had luck pulling for UVH and the other banner ups

I had pretty decent luck; the event stages were pretty easy except for D3 which is kind of a pita until you unlock clearing mode, when the biohazard zone mechanic gets replaced with missile strikes which are much easier to auto through

nothing special in the shop but FDG's gun is available to farm in D3, which is nice since it's only obtainable via PR2 research otherwise

Orphane on
    I got UVH after 2 or 3 10 pulls, so that was nice.

edited February 2022
    An Shan and Chang Chun can now be retrofit into Missile Destroyers, in line with the events of Tower of Transcendence.
    they can freely switch between being vanguard or main fleet ships in the retrofit menu and can equip the Missile gear in place of torpedoes. You can get 1 Missile from the ongoing Bristol event and 1 from Core shop per month. I also recommend getting the Seal of the Four God auxiliary equipment since it specifically buffs them.

meme edit:
    n5fid44g25d9.png

Orphane on
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I got all the unique ships from the event, but missed out on the upgrade items. Ah well. I never made much use of Dragon Empery ships (I really just wanted to collect all of them); I'll just need to wait until the event repeats (hopefully), the way we've had repeats for the Warspite and San Diego retrofit item events.

Got a new Northern Parliament event inbound, including UR Kronshtadt from our blessed Dishwasher.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    I got all the unique ships from the event, but missed out on the upgrade items. Ah well. I never made much use of Dragon Empery ships (I really just wanted to collect all of them); I'll just need to wait until the event repeats (hopefully), the way we've had repeats for the Warspite and San Diego retrofit item events.

Granted, this is from over 3 months ago, but figured I'd mention something in relation to the quoted:

I love that they added the Dragon Empery retrofit items to the prototype store. I have so many prototype currency that I'm not using, I just snagged both upgrade items as soon as I saw them there.

Now I just need to figure out where and how to get guided missile launcher gear...

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »

Granted, this is from over 3 months ago, but figured I'd mention something in relation to the quoted:

I love that they added the Dragon Empery retrofit items to the prototype store. I have so many prototype currency that I'm not using, I just snagged both upgrade items as soon as I saw them there.

Now I just need to figure out where and how to get guided missile launcher gear...

The missiles are in the core data shop

steam_sig.png
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Ahh...I hadn't scrolled down far enough to see them. I usually stop on the line after the super heavy shell.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    so with the Vanguard event Unicorn got a retrofit which makes her about as busted as Perseus for healing since she gets a preload + her heal on airstrike expands to the backline as well

they also just added a new equipment slow for MLB'd ships which seems like mostly a bit of stat stick + certain skill effects. So far i'm guessing the meta is probably going to be every vanguard equips slash attacks because the other equips seem a bit niche in application, and main is going to equip whatever based on the situation. For Subs it's probably 100% going to be the 10% crit rate on torp gear though because that's busted. In order to get the mats for the new gear they have a event going that gives out a lot of freebies but the main source from here on out is probably going to be the new weekly exercise, in which the backline is nerfed dmgwise so bring a strong frontline. Or clear it once and just quick battle forever.

Laffy got a SSR module that buffs her skill big time. 10% heal at the start of battle, -5 speed for 8 seconds and then 12% firepower and torpedo for the rest of the fight. The rest of the SSR modules aren't that impressive since they do less and are for ships that are weaker.

steam_sig.png
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Laffy got a SSR module that buffs her skill big time. 10% heal at the start of battle, -5 speed for 8 seconds and then 12% firepower and torpedo for the rest of the fight. The rest of the SSR modules aren't that impressive since they do less and are for ships that are weaker.

yeah i forgot to mention the unique modules. Laffey gets one, Belfast, Eugen, Arizona, and I-56 are the others with unique modules for now. They're improvements, not quite on the level of retrofits, but if you were already using them or dedicated to them over powercreep then there's no reason not to make them

Pr5 is coming

so far we have
    • HMS Plymouth, a DR light cruiser
    • FFNF Brest, a DR super cruiser
    • a Russian carrier I don't actually know the name of

Brest obtained which was painful because as a Super Cruiser her XP 2 mission is 2.4m xp farmed with French vanguard, which i have not developed nearly as much as my other factions

straight to ripping off the bandaid and continuing with Plymouth, where at least that ain't my first time to the rodeo due to Neptune and Drake farm

then i'll probably do Rupprecht, Chkalov, then Harbin

new Royal Maid fight event with 3 new ships in Construction

Albion is a Centaur Class with defensive support for fleet including overheals converted into shields + a dmg buff for overhealed ships, increased detection meter, self buffs + more self buffs when 3 Royal navy ships are in the fleet, and a red skill that scans subs while also adding planes to her airstrike that can hit subs
    as a Centaur class she has the weird 2 fighter/2 fighter/4 torp bomber loadout but unlike Centaur she can swap Dive Bombers in for torp bombers after MLB so if you were really hankering for a ship other than Hakuryuu that can drop a 4 dive bomber airstrike she's your gal

Janus is a J-class buffer (other notable J-classes ingame are Javelin and Jervis), self buffs, and has a red skill barrage that increases damage from DDs and CLs on hit targets or sonar scans for subs if it fails

also we have a do 2 daily tasks Halloween event that gives us a....pirate ship from the Age of Sail?? she's apparently a ghost ship that is in-combat support like a sub and goes in a sub slot

Ryza collab is happening tomorrow

they already previewed all the ships which i won't bother posting here but also seriously someone else post it's like i'm a ghost admiral posting at his ghost crew

Um, hi. I'm still playing every day. I'm out of coins and have 1 event ship. This is going to be a long event.

I unfortunately haven't picked the game back up since the first day of the New Jersey event where I got 0 event ships in like 30 pulls. Think I just got sour at the obligation to do dailies only to not get all the event ships (I didn't get to pull Shinano either).

I am still following the game though! I haven't played Ryza so I'm not sure what witty title I should- oh wait I've got it

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Ianator wrote: »
    I unfortunately haven't picked the game back up since the first day of the New Jersey event where I got 0 event ships in like 30 pulls. Think I just got sour at the obligation to do dailies only to not get all the event ships (I didn't get to pull Shinano either).

I am still following the game though! I haven't played Ryza so I'm not sure what witty title I should- oh wait I've got it

At this point Azur Lane is just part of my daily routine. I do most of it during my morning constitutional and finish the daily stuff while I logging on to work and checking email.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyzfFvea07o

Next week's gonna be a helluva ride.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Finished Plymouth and on the last few BPs for Brest dev 30

for once i am perhaps on top of research progress and will be able to afford switching back and forth between research gens to finish off various fate sims

I'm about halfway through PR4 as far as unlocks go, but I don't work super hard on it. I basically make sure my fleets I use for daily stuff have the specific ships and eventually hit the XP goals. As far as maxing ships (including fate simulation), I'm 2 into PR3.

• KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    They're adding fate sim for FDG, so I'll be back into PR2 research for that and then back to PR5 for the less useful ships.

Azur Lane's next secret weapon...

...is you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMvq1JlgC4Y
    This game has the best April Fool's things.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List