As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    OK, Kidnap is better than I realized. I assumed after they killed the sack they'd respawn the minion on their board, but it actually puts it back in their hand. Unless they had some cheapo minion or high value Battlecry to play in it, that's some potentially huge tempo disruption.

In a vacuum, that Secret package has some pretty good Tempo Rogue potential, but I think 4 Secrets (that will generally be triggered pretty quickly) is too few for the payoff cards, especially compared to the nonsense that Rogue can pull right now.

Edit:
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I am underwhelmed by those two secrets.

I miss the old rogue secrets

It's worth noting the sacked minion goes back in hand. Not sure that makes it better or worse.
    In most cases I would say that makes it better. It's far more tempo disruptive for them to have to completely replay the minion. Only wimpy Minions with good Battlecries are things you're going to be happy about not having stick on the board. If you're the Rogue you definitely don't want to pop out Kidnap after they've played a School Teacher, for example.

forty on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I am underwhelmed by those two secrets.

I miss the old rogue secrets

It's worth noting the sacked minion goes back in hand. Not sure that makes it better or worse.

I assume battlecries still trigger before its sacked?

• Options
    Since the wording is "After your opponent plays a minion", I would be shocked if it didn't activate after a Battlecry resolves.

• Options
    Some more legendaries I hadn't seen yet:

dgnjpzbbjtef.png

Another solid payoff card (like the location) for any sort of miracle Rogue type deck. Heck, it's not even bad as a turn 3 + coin play. Seems useful.

lfcv04qb4hl7.png

lul another Totem legendary.

d9sqftm9n00m.png

Steal Priest becomes literal Steal Priest. Seems too slow, but a meme card that would definitely piss people off when it works. I'm curious if you can only Steal a card from deck/hand, or if it would steal a minion played on the board as well.

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    Rogues are indeed getting new secrets this set:
    Whoops, this one got past my search since it's not technically a Rogue card:

9m4nozcgbr2j.png

Of course this doesn't help with Private Eye, but it is another chance for Rogue to get secrets in play (that it has to pay full mana for, so... eh).

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Some more legendaries
    Steal Priest becomes literal Steal Priest. Seems too slow, but a meme card that would definitely piss people off when it works. I'm curious if you can only Steal a card from deck/hand, or if it would steal a minion played on the board as well.

It steals from play as well, but it needs to be that exact card and not the other copy your opponent has, otherwise you gain the other one while your opponent still has his minion/location on board.

Card needs to be alive as well. If it's already dead or the spell already played you won't get it.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    All that is how I expected the card to work (other than stealing the minion in play, which seemed like it could go either way). Definitely an interesting mechanic, but (fortunately) I don't feel like it will come up too often.

• Options
    Strong candidate for WTF card of the expansion:

g608295kdyw5.png

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    I'm assuming it's like a counter but it goes to the sack instead. So no battlecries triggered.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Strong candidate for WTF card of the expansion:

g608295kdyw5.png

troqs54di96b.jpg

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    wrydkc7he8k0.png

what a world

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    ofskqascdq7d.png

Glad I had fun with Fires of Zin-Azshari while I could.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    All these secrets - what card neutralizes secrets this round?

• Options
    The Judge wrote: »
    ofskqascdq7d.png

Glad I had fun with Fires of Zin-Azshari while I could.

My Faelin colossal minions!!

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Jesus christ Steamcleaner is a fucking nuclear missile

That's gonna be huge. Wild, even, like what the hell.

Better sniper than Mutanus, even. Wow!! What the hell!!

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    i don't think it's going to be very impactful

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »

People tend to overestimate how much tech cards will be played, especially ones that are pricey and/or have unimpressive stat lines. It has to be strong in enough matchups to matter, and people have to make the call to cut a better card in their deck to run it (some decks have more capacity for cramming in a tech card, but others are too tight).

Sure this thing basically instakills Prestor Druid if you draw it in time, but it's just a crappy 5 mana 5/5 against a lot of popular decks too. It's rarely useful against Rogue, Quest Hunter, Big Spell Mage, Control Shaman.

• Options

People tend to overestimate how much tech cards will be played, especially ones that are pricey and/or have unimpressive stat lines. It has to be strong in enough matchups to matter, and people have to make the call to cut a better card in their deck to run it (some decks have more capacity for cramming in a tech card, but others are too tight).

Sure this thing basically instakills Prestor Druid if you draw it in time, but it's just a crappy 5 mana 5/5 against a lot of popular decks too. It's rarely useful against Rogue, Quest Hunter, Big Spell Mage, Control Shaman.

I'm mostly thinking in terms of Wild, honestly

I don't play Standard anymore so I have no idea what's going on over there, but there's all kinds of bullshit still running rampant in Wild

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Steamcleaner does nothing in Wild. We only play good cards there /s.

More seriously here's a rough outline of Wild atm.

Copper Hunter (an aggro-combo deck that pops off with a bunch of small cheap beasts and charging Scavenging Hyena)
    Pirate Rogue
    Big Priest (Neptulon & Blood of G'huun)
    Shaman piles (Snowfall Guardian and poisonous Flurgl are good and enable any archetype you want)
    Turns Quest Mage

None of them add cards to their deck.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    I'm in the gutter ranks so I'm up against trash like Quest decks and stuff still :T

I DUNNO IT'D HELP THERE

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I'm in the gutter ranks so I'm up against trash like Quest decks and stuff still :T

I DUNNO IT'D HELP THERE

No it wouldn’t, it attacks the deck. Quest rewards go to the hand

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    It'll help Dibby stay in the gutter ranks to keep playing trash like Quest decks forever.

• Options
    edited July 2022

I DUNNO IT'D HELP THERE

No it wouldn’t, it attacks the deck. Quest rewards go to the hand

Motherfuck I misread the card NEVERMIND CARD'S TRASH
    It'll help Dibby stay in the gutter ranks to keep playing trash like Quest decks forever.

FUCK U I'M PLAYING AGGRO DH

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Steamcleaner hard counters Quest Priest.

• Options
    playing good cards hard counters quest priest

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Heads up for Twitch Prime users, the July Hearthstone reward of a random Standard Legendary became available to claim. However, it might be worth waiting until after the expansion releases to claim it so you've got a better shot at a new (and hopefully useful) Leggo.

• Options
    x13gbj4kumjo.png

Did this get posted in here yet? This looks like a "we still haven't learned our lesson" card.

• Options
    obviously optimized decks aren't the name of the game in the prerelease events but the wildseed packages in hunter have looked pretty good. even with it being random there's just so much stats for your mana.

also important from the prerelease is the animation for the mage skeleton deathrattles is FAST

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CARIEL'S WEAPON REDUCES THE DAMAGE DENATHRIUS DOES TO HER????? jesus fucking christ i hate that card

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Steamcleaner hard counters Quest Priest.

It’s possible to play the 5 mana reward and then discover the shard in the same turn.

• Options
    Yeah, it appears the Denathrius damage does not work like C'Thun (X number of sequential 1 damage hits) and instead determines how much it's going to randomly hit each target ahead of time (presumably without overkilling) and then does all the assigned damage to each target in one big chunk.

So... bad against Cariel, yeah.

That makes me wonder how it behaves against Divine Shield. Either really badly (all damage wasted hitting the shield) or it's able to break hits against Divine Shield minions into two phases? If it's the latter, that was probably a lot of smart new tech they had to build for this card.

• Options
    x13gbj4kumjo.png

Did this get posted in here yet? This looks like a "we still haven't learned our lesson" card.

This dude, brann or a 1 cost minion, then whatever bonkers 10 drop you want

• Options
    Yup, the card seems nuts.

Druid can go Oracle of Elune, Kael, double 10 drop for 9 mana. Which of course means like turn 5 or 6.

• Options
    Some more legendaries

It steals from play as well, but it needs to be that exact card and not the other copy your opponent has, otherwise you gain the other one while your opponent still has his minion/location on board.

Card needs to be alive as well. If it's already dead or the spell already played you won't get it.
    Oh man he steals played Secrets as well.

I wonder about Dormant minions though...

• Options
    edited July 2022
    I imagine it works the exact same way as a minion. and go to your side. If it's dormant it will awake at the start of your turn ofcourse, if able, and it would count the ticks already lost.

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
  • Options
    It seems like an unstoppable force meets an immovable object type situation with the game mechanics we know, because so far Dormant minions are considered completely immune from any interactions.

• Options
    I very much doubt dormant cards are safe from this effect, but we'll see.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    Yup, the card seems nuts.

Druid can go Oracle of Elune, Kael, double 10 drop for 9 mana. Which of course means like turn 5 or 6.

I wonder how he interacts with Ivus.

Sinstrider, Ivus to clean out the mana bar, then a 0 mana monster.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Snagged a Wildheart Guff from the Amazon giveaway today. That's the best one I've gotten from all these giveaways.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!