As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Groundhog Day: Part One

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Groundhog Day: Part One!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Groundhog Day: Part One

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    I would not be surprised if they're planning to add more things to the remake to make the story more compliant to Part 2.

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Will this mean an exciting new range of DLC priced between 5 and 30 dollars?

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to Wednesday's strip, "Groundhog Day: Part One"

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    What if it's exactly the same game but with a different ending based on a slightly different choice, and then they release a completely different TLoU2 where the story derives from this new ending?

Don't make new games; just make alternate reality games.

Hence the desire for secrecy.

Djiem on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    TLOU is my most favorite game of all time. I love the story. I love the graphics and how beautifully handcrafted and realistic the environments are. I love the characters. I love how heartbreaking it is. I love everything about it. I've played TLOU probably 5 times through. 3 times on the original PS3 version, and a couple more on the PS4 remaster.

Having said that, I still do not understand why this new remake even exists. I can still access and play the PS4 remaster on my PS5 if I want to play the game. And it still looks good! A remake of a game so modern is not necessary.

My biggest fear is changes. Of developer meddling. Of exactly what this comic describes. George Lucas syndrome. TLOU is a perfect video game. It does not need to be remade and it does not need to be tweaked to better align with TLOU2 (which is an inferior product.)

Here's an idea. Remake TLOU2 to be better.

Heck, they don't even need to remake TLOU2. Just re-edit it and shuffle the order of events. If they bounced back and forth between Ellie and the blonde girl, rather than taking you all the way to the end of the game and then restarting, I think the pacing would be much better. Weave the stories around each other, rather than having two halves of the same game.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Feels like old reference ception to make a star wars joke on a star wars joke.

So how many employees did the TLOU make work 90 hour work weeks for this remaster?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ThanatosiaThanatosia Registered User regular
    Djiem wrote: »
    What if it's exactly the same game but with a different ending based on a slightly different choice, and then they release a completely different TLoU2 where the story derives from this new ending?

Don't make new games; just make alternate reality games.

Hence the desire for secrecy.

I mean... isn't this basically what Square is working on doing with FF7 Remake?