As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We are canceling the apocalypse! (Final Fantasy XIV)

• EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    AV in a few minutes with a tank and 3 blues will prob be the one people do.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Why a tank and not 4 blues?

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    it's ever so slightly faster due to the barriers and how much all of the trash is spread out

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Aurum Vale has historically been pretty fast, BLU AV farming will continue as is tradition.

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    takes me back to relic grinding days

here we go again av

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I still maintain the main problem with ARR voice acting was not the talent, but direction and mixing.

I don't know what changed, but there was a noticeable uptick in VA quality in 2.x content already (Moenbryda, Urianger's monologue), and during the big pre-HW ending cutscene there really wasn't a bad performance in the bunch.

The gap between 2.0 and 2.x was probably just the actors having more time and comfort with the characters. I imagine the recording schedule for 2.0 was... frantic.

They changed studios for HW, so yeah the big voice actor change was a lot more than just changing actors.

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Sadly, it seems like one of the things that unsynced dungeon runs don't grant is irregular tomestones.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yeah moogle tomestones are always synced content only, no soloing aurum vale at level 90 or whatever

BahamutZERO.gif
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    yeah moogle tomestones are always synced content only, no soloing aurum vale at level 90 or whatever

"Synced" does not meaningfully slow down blue mages in lower level content, however, so all BLU runs of AV have been popular ways to blitz it. (because Final Sting, Ultravibration, etc. are all busted)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Why is the demon brick earring 100 tomestones? I can't find anything on google that isn't talking about the treasure trove event

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    That seems to be the traditional price for whatever the big fancy specific to this tomestone event reward is. I don't know if there's any particular reason for it beyond that

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Why is the demon brick earring 100 tomestones? I can't find anything on google that isn't talking about the treasure trove event

It's just the only unique reward in the whole thing. It's like the big show off-y thing in there.

Ah. I didn't know if it was analogous to the ifrit leather jacket that was only available in other regions for a long time

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    That seems to be the traditional price for whatever the big fancy specific to this tomestone event reward is. I don't know if there's any particular reason for it beyond that

A lot of the 100 tomestone items have been just really obnoxious FATE drops and such before too.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited July 2022
    a lot of the earrings are prizes from rare spawn boss FATEs no one does anymore and you can't really solo, I don't know if this is one of those or a new one though

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It's new.

liEt3nH.png
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Moonfire Faire on August 10th. Includes a billboard famous glam and (based on the art) return of the tower.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2022/Moonfire_Faire/0vfxyiytu0

reVerse on
    YAY JUMPING PUZZLE TOWER IS BACK

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Finally finished the ARR Allied Tribe Quests!
    It's interesting, they set up Nhaza'a Jaab in the ARR quests as being this really sinister asshole, and kind of a proto-Zenos in that the only thing he gives a shit about is finding someone "worthy" to fight, and he's otherwise a bored sociopath who just hurts people for the lulz. But then in HW onward he ends up being a kind of comedic failure villain? In that like, ok, he still has the same very shitty personality, but he gets his ass handed to him in increasingly ignominious and stupid ways.

I kind of wonder what would have happened if that guy had ever met Zenos, like, here's two assholes who only live for punching people to death. Would Zenos have just no-sold everything Nhaza'a did? Or would they actually have been more or less evenly matched (we never actually get to fight Nhaza'a in a straight fight iirc, it's always through trickery that we beat him)? Would Zenos have found somebody besides us to obsess over (thank god?)

And yeah thankfully because we never fight Nhaza'a, he never goes into obsessed MY ULTIMATE RIVAL territory, you're just kind of an annoying guy who ruins his plans.

I keep wondering why that's such a Thing in Japanese media, the Guy Wot Only Lives to Find Someone Who Can Beat His Ass

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    A pretty good day today. Finished the last ShB zone FATEs grind to level 3, so that and EW are both done (just have to grind out a few thousand gems now). And got this beauty after lots of all tank groups.
    jtf1h3riah7e.png

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Is it worth buying the Ufiti horn with event tomestones? I see that I could grind it out normally at any point, but which way is faster?

edited August 2022
    8400 skybuilder's scrips is a rather large amount, mog tomestone grinding is almost certainly less work, and definitely less tedious unless you fucking love crafting and gathering

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    You can also buy it from the market board.

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Buying the crafting materials is probably the way to go. If you have the 6.1 crafter gear, you can even macro the expert recipes.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    edited August 2022
    Me: Huh, I accidentally FSH level 90. I guess maybe I can finally finish Beast of Brewer's Beacon now, I beat the snot out of the stat requirements

Said Beast: lol. lmao. fuck you.

*edit* also the event is pretty fun but I'm not bothering with the jumping puzzle, I am sitting at the end doing squats
    modvu9folxq7.jpg

Lucid_Seraph on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    squat are the jumping puzzle of the working class

liEt3nH.png
    OK SOMETIMES THIS FUCKING GAME'S LORE....

spoilers for Endwalker, and the Endwalker... fishing quests
    so this one part of the Endwalker fishing quests has you go to Elpis to get some fish for T'laqa Tia

T'laqa: I'm just not gonna ask how you got these fish
    T'laqa's thesis advisor Nele: actually the Forum's had these time travel abilities for years now
    Me: je m'exuse
    Nele: we just aren't allowed to grant it to anyone outside the Forum, for reasons
    Me: wait the fuck up you've been able to travel to Elpis this entire FUCKING time and neither you NOR the people in Elpis said anything? Also, this information is in the FISHING QUESTS!?

so yeah

edited August 2022
    Patch 6.2 Buried Memory, August 23rd.

As always, trailer will contain spoilers if you aren't up to date on the story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK9T8jBmebc

reVerse on
    next raid tier armor and weapons I assume:
    unknown-4.png

Big into the fending and maiming sets and the axe and spear.

BahamutZERO.gif
    I realised awhile ago I was sitting on quite a lot of those clusters you can use for the current materia. Figured I should try to cash in when 6.2 drops, as I've read that people use a lot of materia on new raid gear. Is that the case? And if so, anyone have a suggestion about the best time to be selling? Just before the patch? Just after? A couple of days after?

edited August 2022
    Also, it's been a fun couple of weeks. Got all the Eden raids done in one go over a long evening, there are a lot of cutscenes, and some of them we went over twice when new people joined. Great to have that done. Have also done the first 2 Nier raids, looking forward to the third. And got my alts into my FC (man that was a pain, people were not interested in helping a random), and now I have my old small plot in the Goblet back, feels like coming home. Chipping away at getting all jobs to 90, knocked another one off last night, working on Sam now. I'm really liking it too, although I'm only at 63 so plenty of time for it to get too many buttons and ruin it.

Evermourn on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Evermourn wrote: »
    I realised awhile ago I was sitting on quite a lot of those clusters you can use for the current materia. Figured I should try to cash in when 6.2 drops, as I've read that people use a lot of materia on new raid gear. Is that the case? And if so, anyone have a suggestion about the best time to be selling? Just before the patch? Just after? A couple of days after?

The day that savage drops.

check the prices the couple nights before, they might already be very high, but it's pretty safe to sit on them until patch day then dump them all.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    This is probably a dumb question but there will be new crafted combat gear right? I might as well wait on that coming out before I worry about gearing up the alt-jobs I've gotten to 90 recently. Or just wait for the big price drop on 580 crafted stuff if I don't care about having the 610 crafted stuff and upgrade it to 590. I'm never going to do savage so I only really care about having gear good enough to do the expert roulette, normal mode raid, and maybe whatever the next hard mode trial is.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    New combat crafted gear, new combat food, new combat potions.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Cormac wrote: »
    This is probably a dumb question but there will be new crafted combat gear right? I might as well wait on that coming out before I worry about gearing up the alt-jobs I've gotten to 90 recently. Or just wait for the big price drop on 580 crafted stuff if I don't care about having the 610 crafted stuff and upgrade it to 590. I'm never going to do savage so I only really care about having gear good enough to do the expert roulette, normal mode raid, and maybe whatever the next hard mode trial is.

There may not be a big drop in price drop of crafted stuff. Yes, demand will drop off, but so will supply - the materials required to make them are still timed nodes and I don't believe that normally changes patch to patch? Most obsolete crafted gear tends to settle around a few tens of thousands of gil per piece, as that's usually the demand for it for mostly glam & alts.

Dhalphir on
    I only have 4 slots left in my wardrobe :V

If you delete gear you get from class quests that's specifically for the class, you can get it again easily from salvagers, right?