As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Apex Legends]: Breakout is here! 5 years of ApeLegs!

• CampyCampy Registered User regular
    I understand why they got rid of the HS one bombs with the Kraber, but by god do I miss them.

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not good with it, but if nobody else wants it, I'll always snap up a Kraber just to deny it to the enemy. Hitting anything with it always feels good, and it's usually a later ring, so at least I'm not trying to hurl shots across half the map.

Like, it's not something to waste, but at the same time it's so rare for me to go through all 12 that sometimes it's kind of like 'let's just get these in the air and see if they tag anyone'.
    Sometimes you can just toss a high value weapon like that in the corner somewhere and no one will notice it lol

Yeah, I don't get it because someone I play with will usually preferentially take it. If it drops to me, I even then sometimes don't take it because I'm carrying a close-in loadout and not having a backup weapon for CQB is crippling. You can always point blank the Kraber but that's such a high variance play that I'm never a fan.

More than once I've gone and tossed a gold/Maude weapon somewhere when I know I won't survive an encounter against some 3 stack team.

Petty but hey.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    It probably doesn't help that prior to this season, I was primarily playing Loba, so unless you can toss it off a cliff and out of the game, it's just a matter of time.

I'll admit, I have found and hurled a few golds and high tier armour off the map when I knew I wouldn't be able to put a use to them, but since I mostly play Ranked and that's WE this split, that's a less common option.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Armed and Dangerous is a silly mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzz6UrLQsDs

It feels mean to be able to bully people who can't fight back because they don't have weapons for that range and you're the only one that does but so it goes lol

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Just got my first 3K badge, with Rampart, ranked with pubs, started out with an ironsights Sentinel, moved on to a 30-30 (current favorite), picked up a G7, then back to the 30-30.

I'm really starting to prefer marskman/snipers over LMGs with Rampart now, her amped cover really really does make her way more dangerous with them.

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Just got my first 3K badge, with Rampart, ranked with pubs, started out with an ironsights Sentinel, moved on to a 30-30 (current favorite), picked up a G7, then back to the 30-30.

I'm really starting to prefer marskman/snipers over LMGs with Rampart now, her amped cover really really does make her way more dangerous with them.

Also her ability to make cover where none exists normally is great for getting the normally exposed godspots.
    I had a daily with her and it saved our asses so many times on the way to an 8 kill win.
    Appropriately it ended with them knocking my teammate (we were a duo for most as our third left after getting knocked early) in the zip tower on checkpoint and me just opening up with Sheila while they were 3 stacked in close quarters.
    I think I'm on a list now from how criminal that was.

I still carry the LMG for close in work anyway but yeah the cover does tend to work better if you only need to quickly peek with it, at least against people who aren't conscientious enough to break it ASAP. Or it's the only way to use her ult normally without just getting corner peeked over and over.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Rampart is going to be my first 1K kill legend too, I just haven't a lot of time to play this month (Sorry Walrus and Fallout).

Something I've also been doing is carrying a 301 instead of an SMG when I'm running a marksman rifle, its hipfire is almost just as good but I'm also able to keep the mid-range encounters in my favor better than I can with an SMG.

Speaking of SMGs... I hadn't really touched the Prowler for the past 3 seasons or so, been running it recently and it's scary how good it is, definitely a sleeper.

Prowler is good and I love it, but usually I can't justify it as I'd rather run a CAR/r9 for spray or a flatline for damage output.
    I feel either it needs a bigger mag or they need to nerf the CAR.

Definitely, I won't run the Prowler if I don't have a blue mag at the very least.

Flatline is the weapon I just can't use, the bullet spread is so weird, I'll have people right in the center of my sights and I can see the bullets just go to the sides of them...

My highest kills is surprisingly on Mirage, back from launch. I barely touched him ever since coming back, I really hate what they've done to his ult.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Definitely, I won't run the Prowler if I don't have a blue mag at the very least.

Flatline is the weapon I just can't use, the bullet spread is so weird, I'll have people right in the center of my sights and I can see the bullets just go to the sides of them...

I felt similar, then I started using it as a closer range spray with single bullet long range things and it.... sort of works? I don't actively hate it anymore.

New season's page is up, light on details but new King's Canyon rework and the new legend is apparently a sniper?

And tomorrow we get another trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRG2dibcxvk

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    This game was odd because we didn’t come across any teams until there was only one other one left.

At which point we sniped start each other for 5 mins and I completely ran dry of batteries

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S05m3f59OME

PSN Fleety2009
    Hrm.

I’m 800 RP from platinum.

I fly out of the country Monday morning, and have a fairly packed Saturday schedule.

2 days to do it?

Maybe, dare I dream?

It could be close, but with the potential for some marathon sessions on Friday and Sunday, I might just make it.

Or I might be back here losing my absolute shit about randoms.

Tune in next week to find out!

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Got the free Gaiden box, it had a Legendary!

For Mirage who I don't play.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    Got the free Gaiden box, it had a Legendary!

For Mirage who I don't play.

I own 3 crypto legendaries. I don't even have him unlocked.

edited July 2022
    Hrm.

I fly out of the country Monday morning, and have a fairly packed Saturday schedule.

2 days to do it?

Maybe, dare I dream?

It could be close, but with the potential for some marathon sessions on Friday and Sunday, I might just make it.

That's just, like, 6 games? You can totally knock that out in a few hours. o:)

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    I think I have 3 legendary Mozambique skins LOL

Spectrum wrote: »
    Hrm.

2 days to do it?

Maybe, dare I dream?

That's just, like, 6 games? You can totally knock that out in a few hours. o:)

It might be 6, it might be 60, rolling those dice to see how many suicidal Rookies and Diamonds I get. (I find that Jumpmasters most eager to hit up Fragment are either painfully new or folks showing thousands of kills who clearly think they can solo the other 8 squads coming down with us)

I'm game to squadding up to knock some of those games out. I'm on Gold IV but that's mostly because I've barely played this season.

Any chance you're on a console? I'm on PS4, and even with high quality team mates, I suspect getting pulled into PC lobbies would be a net detriment to that quest.

Oh I see, yeah I'm on PC :(

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Still hoping for a Specter Legend at some point. Always thought the Specter's looked really cool and you can never have too many robots

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    Turns out I was stressing for nothing. With ~6 hours from bedtime before my flight tomorrow, I made it to Platinum.

Wasn't even a slog, I was about 250-300 RP from Plat IV, 3 games later (including a win) and I was there.

Hopefully S14's ranked grind isn't the absurd roller coaster that this one was, but it feels good to carry on the plat chain from S7, even if 'being hardstuck plat' is something many seem to have disdain for (I'm aware it's usually associated with negative behaviours prior to deranking like hot dropping into a mess because 'lol Plat IV don't care lol').

• CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Similarly hit plat in the final hour myself, and also had some really excellent games immediately.

I'm wondering whether they need to reduce the amount of de-ranking again. Given that the new game cost should mean you end up in the correct bracket, whatever that may be. Why down rank at all you if you're an active player? It just means you've got to grind back up to the same place all over again.

The Gaming Merchant was included in a developer talk about the game, and has shared the following changes:

Level cap is increased to 700, but you can prestige 4 times up to an effective level 2800. Apparently the full climb is 544 apex packs.

Wingman is becoming a sniper ammo weapon, uses sniper mags of course.

Laser sights coming to smgs and pistols, reduces hip fire spread, takes place of the barrel mod.

Spitfire is now a light ammo weapon. O.O

Eva-8 fire rate increased, going to be able to take stocks!

Double tap is returning.

Volt and Scout returning to floor loot.

Rampage and Bow going to care package.

Skullpiercer returning for wingman and longbow, also going to the 30-30.

Triple Take will be the battle pass 100/110 skin.

The gold knockdown shield self rez is being removed! Instead, the guardian angel perk (extra healing when standing up) from backpack is moving to the gold knockdown instead.

Gold backpack is getting a perk to allow 3 large healing items to stack (batteries, med kits) or 2 Phoenix kits in one slot.

Other changes coming in the future:
    - more LTMs coming mid season.
    - gifting is coming to apex, no real details yet.
    - cross progression is still in the works.
    - more ranked changes likely, but doesn’t sound like any are coming at the start of the season. Still iteratively refining tanked.
    - no more pve missions like S5.
    - plan to keep adding a legend a season. Weapons they’re slowing on, only releasing if they feel one fits the game, but legends releases should remain steady.

• mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Wingman as a sniper is a ballsy change. So is removing the self rez. Gonna be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Self res was so situational, and very rarely helped out. The times it did though...

Sadly, this also means you can no longer win a match with an execution.

Yeah, all the changes that have been made public I'm pretty ok with. 3030 is going to be an absolute menace with skullpiercer, but I'm fine with that as it does take skill to use.

That, and the return of the G7 as ground loot, are what I'm looking forward to the most.

Gameplay trailers; I say this every season but I'm going to put some time in this season, I love King's Canyon.

https://youtu.be/Jcr8qmrnOKE

https://youtu.be/DsmEczpCnZE

Well, I've been wanting a light ammo LMG but I didn't expect to get one this way.

I fully expect to attempt to jam a heavy mag into a spitfire at least a couple of times… per day.

For most of the season.

Patch notes up: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/apex-legends/news/hunted-patch-notes

Lol 30-30 now has dual-shell integrated into it. 30-30 squad assembleeee!

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Team-Use Harvesters: When any player interacts with a Materials Harvester, all players in their team will be given the Materials..

Not having to personally hit every crafting materials bin sounds pretty nice.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Vending Machines in Big Maude now have buyer protection.

I haven't played in 2 or 3 seasons, what the hell does this mean