As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    also resource booster today cuz server issues during the tennocon weekend so get out there and grind your steel essence or whatevers

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I hope it's still going when i get off work

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Maybe I will get some dual pinions.

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    ugh I want Khora Prime but I don't wanna grind

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

Buy her, I did.
    Actually I think that was Khora Classic, but if I decide to get her again, definitely same.

I probably have a few relics for the new prime stuff that I no longer need

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Yep. if you see me on PC I have all the khora prime parts except the Neuroptics.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    man I've played this game for umpteen billion hours and I STILL don't have the achievement for visiting every cave in orb vallis, where the heck

BahamutZERO.gif

Buy her, I did.
    Actually I think that was Khora Classic, but if I decide to get her again, definitely same.

Prime Access is like $70 tho! ... wait I guess I could just buy her parts for plat on the MB

• Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    The sweet spot to buy prime parts from other players is immediately after the next prime is announced. By that point, people will have a lot spare parts lying around, but they won't have yet started to realize that they're better off saving those parts for when they become more scarce and valuable.

• dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Well, the way I look at new frames is "does the grind look like a pain in the arse?" and if it seems like it is AND I have enough platinum to buy it then I get it that way. If it is a pain to farm and I don't have enough plat I would rather grind relics to sell items for plat THEN buy it.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
    That was a nice little resource booster, managed to log in early enough to farm up 400 or so SE, AND polymer bundles I burn on restores. Few things in warframe feel better than seeing that 32x Steel Essence popup. I mean, I guess a 64x would but I have yet to see one. I spent most of my se on relics for khora prime and almost missed this round of umbra forma, I should probably pay more attention.

Finally got a Damaged Necramech receiver drop (to finish the Morgha). Also got a necramech hydraulics a few runs earlier.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Just recently picked this back up and been making my way through the star chart. Just finished Uranus and Pluto and did the Second Dream quest. Was not expecting that!

I have no idea if I'm doing the right thing, but I'm just on my Rhino Prime trying to make my way through the star chart. Think I'm gonna finish Eris and Sedna and then see about doing some of these quests I've got backlogged.

I haven't even messed around in the open worlds yet. I also can't figure out how to earn focus points, man this game is just not interested in explaining anything about itself. I know that's a common complaint, but holy shit. I'm a long time Path of Exile player, so I'm used to it, but man they could make this easier.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Finally got a Damaged Necramech receiver drop (to finish the Morgha). Also got a necramech hydraulics a few runs earlier.

Ooohhh, Lucky! I've been looking for TWO for a while but the fact that they only drop on a specific rotation of the Isolation vault bounties means that there is a small 2.5 hour 'ish window (every 5 hours or so) to try for a 3% chance at the drop means it's almost never in rotation when I can actually play. Then again there are A LOT of things in this game that only drop from one source. That is the most egregious thing about these rare drops. At least have a few ways to get the item so that I can choose which mind numbing grind to waste my gameplay hour on, LOL.

It wouldn't be so bad if I had more time to play whenever the item rotation is on but even then I got other more important shit to do. I've been trying to buy a few for a while as well but no luck. I guess it'll get done never eventually? But I heard that complaining on the Penny Arcade Message board raises your probability by a few hopes and dreams so ... it doesn't exist(?)

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • XantusXantus Registered User regular
    I have no idea if I'm doing the right thing, but I'm just on my Rhino Prime trying to make my way through the star chart. Think I'm gonna finish Eris and Sedna and then see about doing some of these quests I've got backlogged.
    I haven't even messed around in the open worlds yet. I also can't figure out how to earn focus points, man this game is just not interested in explaining anything about itself.

basically just keep clearing star chart junctions and working on the main story quests. the quests are what open up access to most things.
    focus points are a long-long road.. they don't really open up until you have some decent lenses installed on gear, and/or are joining eidolon hunts.

dipuc4life wrote: »

Ooohhh, Lucky! I've been looking for TWO for a while but the fact that they only drop on a specific rotation of the Isolation vault bounties means that there is a small 2.5 hour 'ish window (every 5 hours or so) to try for a 3% chance at the drop means it's almost never in rotation when I can actually play. Then again there are A LOT of things in this game that only drop from one source. That is the most egregious thing about these rare drops. At least have a few ways to get the item so that I can choose which mind numbing grind to waste my gameplay hour on, LOL.

It wouldn't be so bad if I had more time to play whenever the item rotation is on but even then I got other more important shit to do. I've been trying to buy a few for a while as well but no luck. I guess it'll get done never eventually? But I heard that complaining on the Penny Arcade Message board raises your probability by a few hopes and dreams so ... it doesn't exist(?)

Arcane Isolation vaults take about the same amount of time as regular Isolation vaults (maybe slightly longer) and have a 6% drop chance on Stage 4 (ie, double the drop as regular Isovaults). So once you have your Voidrig and Bonewidow built and built up a decent stock of raw resources, then Arcane vaults have a sligthly better payout for Receiver/barrel/Stock IMHO and a much better payout for Necramech mods.

Also, I've figured out a pretty good routine for soloing Arcane vaults.

Still. So grindy.

• SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    so, this is a thing i did not know:
    on some corpus tilesets (the ship ones) there is this great big room with a pyramid in it and a statue to parvos granum. (i usually find em in the capture missions)

if you go to the lil control panel at the base of the statue and give it a granum coin, you get one of eleven decorations for your ship, a rectangular panel with a mural on it.
    these are parvos tenets. they're neat looking and i never knew they were a thing.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • XantusXantus Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    but the fact that they only drop on a specific rotation of the Isolation vault bounties means that there is a small 2.5 hour 'ish window (every 5 hours or so) to try for a 3% chance at the drop means it's almost never in rotation when I can actually play.

this is one aspect that I really wish DE would just throw out the window. there are so many "rotating bounties" with different timers now that it's just a roadblock if you like.. have a life and can't just log in whenever. just let people choose which loot pool they want. have individualized mission rewards, it can't be that hard.

Xantus on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Yeah, they're not that bad since they're just basically regular missions. And you can just stick to exterminate if you want. And you'll probably get the gyre BPs well before you're done farming zariman rep anyway

Arcane Isolation vaults take about the same amount of time as regular Isolation vaults (maybe slightly longer) and have a 6% drop chance on Stage 4 (ie, double the drop as regular Isovaults). So once you have your Voidrig and Bonewidow built and built up a decent stock of raw resources, then Arcane vaults have a sligthly better payout for Receiver/barrel/Stock IMHO and a much better payout for Necramech mods.

Still. So grindy.

But normal ISO missions actually have matchmaking

steam_sig.png
    edited August 2022

Still. So grindy.

what is an arcane vault
    I hate that they don't explain this shit anywhere and people have to resort to shitty wiki articles to figure anything out

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif

Still. So grindy.

what is an arcane vault
    I hate that they don't explain this shit anywhere and people have to resort to shitty wiki articles to figure anything out

Mother can appear inside the Necralisk, but she can also show herself out in the Cambion Drift. Once you've unlocked a vault (unlocked once = unlocked forever) by doing the corresponding Isolation Bounty the Mother nearest to the vault cave entrance will have a corresponding Arcane Isolation vault quest. Arcane isolation vault quests are 4 stage quests that involve fighting infested inside the vaults (doing jobs for Loid, Mother and Daughter). They have a higher chance of rewarding Necramech mods, Necramech weapon parts and parts for Arum Spinosa/Sporothrix.

Ok. I've been mad lucky this week. Necramech hydraulics, Damaged Necramech Weapon Receiver...then Verdilac (Archon Nira's whip) dropped this morning and now...
    Yxy4EXw.jpg
    Yeah. It used to deal 27k per shot. Now it deals this. Even with minimal disposition.

edited August 2022

Still. So grindy.

what is an arcane vault

Mother can appear inside the Necralisk, but she can also show herself out in the Cambion Drift. Once you've unlocked a vault (unlocked once = unlocked forever) by doing the corresponding Isolation Bounty the Mother nearest to the vault cave entrance will have a corresponding Arcane Isolation vault quest. Arcane isolation vault quests are 4 stage quests that involve fighting infested inside the vaults (doing jobs for Loid, Mother and Daughter). They have a higher chance of rewarding Necramech mods, Necramech weapon parts and parts for Arum Spinosa/Sporothrix.

I never fucking realized this goddamn it I thought that she was just out there for if you had an insane farm party that wanted to chain run them without going back to base

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    I finished the star chart and now I'm just working on quests! Finished up the Limbo quest and started making the warframe.

I also started on the Jordas Precept quest. Farming juggernauts for body parts was...interesting! I'm starting to get access to special boss fights that I need keys to get into that I'm assuming I need to do special farming for.

I like how the game presents you with all sorts of different things you can farm at any one time and just lets you do that one thing over and over. Now that I know I just need to keep the wiki and/or youtube open at all times, the game is a lot less frustrating.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I finished the star chart and now I'm just working on quests! Finished up the Limbo quest and started making the warframe.

I also started on the Jordas Precept quest. Farming juggernauts for body parts was...interesting! I'm starting to get access to special boss fights that I need keys to get into that I'm assuming I need to do special farming for.

I like how the game presents you with all sorts of different things you can farm at any one time and just lets you do that one thing over and over. Now that I know I just need to keep the wiki and/or youtube open at all times, the game is a lot less frustrating.

If you haven't done things like Natah, The Second Dream, New War, etc, etc, just go do them now, btw.

You have to do those to open the solar rails IIRC, at least some of them

BahamutZERO.gif
    Okay, where the hell was THIS storytelling before the 100 hour mark? I thought this was power rangers and now they're dropping actually great lore and writing on me, I'm getting whiplash here

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Okay, where the hell was THIS storytelling before the 100 hour mark? I thought this was power rangers and now they're dropping actually great lore and writing on me, I'm getting whiplash here

It's a very common complaint about the game. The game had been up and running for a while before they started doing real narrative quests so all that just isn't present in the earlier hours of the game.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

You definitely don't have to spend 100 hours to get to it but Warframe is basically designed (accidentally imo) to sidetrack the hell out of you and it's very very good at it.

I also think it's what kills the game for a lot of people. The realization that there are 20-30 things you can and arguably should be doing makes it pretty easy to just go "NOPE!" and walk away.

The key is pick one, maybe two or three if you get some good advice, and then focus on that/those and pretend the rest doesn't exist for a bit.

Yeah the only reason I bothered to pick up Warframe was because I got some spoilers. If it had just been sold to me as Power Rangers in SPACE I would have been like whatever meh, but getting a bit of the spoiler stuff made me go "ok, yeah, I'll stick out the first half of the game for this, because, damn."

And tbh I think it speaks to the strength of the visual / interactive storytelling of those parts that even though I knew the basics of what was going to happen, playing through it still hit like a truck.

I do think at some point they really need to trim the beginning stuff a smidge. Dropping it IMMEDIATELY would have it lose its emotional impact -- you NEED to have some of that beginning stuff for the later stuff to hit as hard as it does -- but it can be *less* of a slog. I think they may be moving in that direction though, given the intro quest rework.

I also think the game *desperately* needs to have a Wiki that's either hosted on the dev servers (like the Guild Wars 2 wiki), or hosted literally anywhere that isn't Fandom (like UESP.net or the current Fallen London wiki). The actual content of the Wiki is great, but being on Fandom means that navigating it is a toxic mess, and they have to use Fandom's shitty tools, which means they don't have any good custom tools (like UESP, GW2Wiki, and FLWiki have). Wikis are functionally game manuals now, and while I actually think it's fine -- good, even -- to have that stuff outsourced to fans, it needs to be hosted somewhere that isn't a toxic ad farm (and tbh probably a crypto farm...).

Even just something as stupid simple as putting a *RECOMMENDED ACTIVITY* tag on a breadcrumb straight to the good stuff would help new players so much.

Why are all three of the open world areas so easy to stumble into accidentally and why does the game make it look like I should go hang out there before finishing the star chart? According to all the veterans I talk to, I should be avoiding those places, but it's like the developers want me to go there immediately.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Even just something as stupid simple as putting a *RECOMMENDED ACTIVITY* tag on a breadcrumb straight to the good stuff would help new players so much.

Why are all three of the open world areas so easy to stumble into accidentally and why does the game make it look like I should go hang out there before finishing the star chart? According to all the veterans I talk to, I should be avoiding those places, but it's like the developers want me to go there immediately.

I think because when each open world area was released, the devs wanted the current players to go there immediately and interact with all the new things.

But I don't know that the devs thought about how those places aren't really for newer players, so they haven't added anything to the game to indicate this. Not a line of dialogue from Konzu/Eudico/Mother mentioning it if the player hasn't progressed to some point on the star chart, and/or a pop-up when traveling out onto the Plains/Orb Vallis/Cambion Drift the first time (in case a player just runs straight out there and doesn't talk to the NPCs).

At this point though, Warframe is so bloated with systems and locations and resources and stuff that properly redoing the game's progression and showing new players everything available to them and how it all ties together would be a fucking colossal undertaking. I'm not sure the devs could handle it right now, since they're also incentivized to keep adding content and new systems rather than refining older content. They do occasionally go back and tweak and change stuff, but only when they feel they absolutely have to address a problem. That is unfortunately not very often, and sometimes takes ages (and isn't always successful, or popular). I don't know that they would feel like they could spare enough people to properly fix an issue this large, because when they don't release a certain volume of new content at a certain rate, players start to bitch and moan. It feels like a lose/lose situation to me unless they decide to drop a bunch of money to hire a lot of people to handle the task (doubtful)

JtgVX0H.png
    yeah warframe is trapped by its game as a service model into this pattern of work, they're heavily incentivized by the free to play nature to keep cranking out new content and any time they spend fixing old stuff or smoothing out the old experience gets way less return for the effort. They sneak in updates of old content here and there because they know it's a problem but they cannot afford to spend the time needed to really do a deep fix of the way the jenga tower's foundations have ended up. It is damned to be like this forevermore.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited August 2022

Nightwave isn't helping this. "Here's a bunch of things to do which get you limited rewards, the most impactful of which are bounties and open world stuff"

Carpy on
    I also think the game *desperately* needs to have a Wiki that's either hosted on the dev servers (like the Guild Wars 2 wiki), or hosted literally anywhere that isn't Fandom (like UESP.net or the current Fallen London wiki). The actual content of the Wiki is great, but being on Fandom means that navigating it is a toxic mess, and they have to use Fandom's shitty tools, which means they don't have any good custom tools (like UESP, GW2Wiki, and FLWiki have). Wikis are functionally game manuals now, and while I actually think it's fine -- good, even -- to have that stuff outsourced to fans, it needs to be hosted somewhere that isn't a toxic ad farm (and tbh probably a crypto farm...).

See, the problem with that is that someone needs to pay for it.

Do you want to pay for it?

Hey, if I was a billionaire, I would absolutely pay for it.

I'm not a billionaire.

Hey, if I was a billionaire, I would absolutely pay for it.

I'm not a billionaire.

I guess it shouldn’t come as a surprise to us that free-to-play video games don’t attract a lot of billionaires.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

This I don't agree with, the wiki is incredibly useful and I can't say I've ever really had a problem with it.

I mean aside from hating internet ads but... *scrolls to the top of my screen*

The ads can be annoying at times but I've never encountered a game wiki where that wasn't the case.

edited August 2022

This I don't agree with, the wiki is incredibly useful and I can't say I've ever really had a problem with it.

I mean aside from hating internet ads but... *scrolls to the top of my screen*

The ads can be annoying at times but I've never encountered a game wiki where that wasn't the case.

I think the difference is that I've now encountered two game wikis where it very much isn't the case, and the difference in quality is staggering.

turn off adblockers before going here and just. Observe!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

https://fallenlondon.wiki/wiki/Fallen_London_Wiki

It also turns out I was wrong about UESP.net, they DO have ads, HOWEVER, their ads are largely unobtrusive and done in such a way that they don't break the entire page. On Fandom hosted wikis, Fandom both loads insanely slowly even if you have adblockers enabled, and even with adblockers, the positioning of the ads often breaks the page in ways that are extremely annoying (eg, even though the ad is blocked, there's a giant hole somewhere on the page, or something that makes the page scroll funny, etc)

Lucid_Seraph on
This discussion has been closed.