As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    yeah like amber

or just make it so u get 3-4 4*s there a month, and just add the newer ones in instead of replacing, not like its broken

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    They really need to update the starglitter shop with the newer 4*s.

Or the ones that don't rotate in to the stores, like uh....whatshername

Right, Lisa!

steam_sig.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    some might ask why u would do this to them i would say yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84EWDc4POfE

did making my bennett c6 mean i need to get shenhe or sara also yes. but in the end we are all destined to eat a delicious bowl of spaghetti at least once in the next month

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    It's rare that I regret activating C6 on Bennett. He's extra fun with Kazuha.

The only thing I hate is that he and Jean don't synergize anymore.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    edited August 2022
    It's rare that I regret activating C6 on Bennett. He's extra fun with Kazuha.

The only thing I hate is that he and Jean don't synergize anymore.

au contraire - just build pyro Jean like a chad and stab everybody

actually thats kinda doable jeans charged attack is one hit 320% so u could do like idk uhhh

jean bennett xq + whatever, and time the charged attacks to get vapes on that big hit (u might need to manually shoot her first normal away to ensure its the ca but ehh), give her 4piece shime ezpz or idk some cryo shit really its all going to bring joy to the masses (could do kazuha/sucrose as 4th slot to give the vv shred + pyro buff and group for the big slap, OR venti to avoid dragonstrike entirely and let her plunge off that like a beasti boi)

also given her ridiculous move speed buff u can solo dragonstrike with her with less difficulty than other sword users so dragonstrike pyro jean? how could this go wrong

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Honestly, I was confused by that because the Jean synergy that comes to mind is that Bennett+Jean bursts mean you have a bunch of fire swirl procs going off around you for the duration and his c6 doesn't stop that.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Because I built Jean for physical damage, so I usually ran her with Rosaria and Fischl or Yae to get that sweet superconduct break.

edited August 2022
    my next phys character is probs going to be kuki because her third auto throws shurikens which is pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s7KADZSjpI

love the double plonge

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    Kuki could have been fun as a DPS because, yeah, the third and forth hits are really cool looking. But the mods on her attacks are really bad.

Kuki could have been fun as a DPS because, yeah, the third and forth hits are really cool looking. But the mods on her attacks are really bad.

thats ok we just use yun jin, c6 shenhe and chongyun and close our eyes while we press their skills and pretend its all kuki

obF2Wuw.png
  • XantusXantus Registered User regular

thats ok we just use yun jin, c6 shenhe and chongyun and close our eyes while we press their skills and pretend its all kuki

this is how i feel when i try to main thoma.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Allowing "Oops all weapons" from a 10x on a character banner is mankind's gravest sin.

steam_sig.png
  • GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    Well, now I feel silly. I was having the devil's own time taking on some of these Dire Straits challenges and then I remembered they were in the open world and I could get a food buff going. I can only blame Spiral Abyss brain.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I just ignored the Dire Straits.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    I just ignored the Dire Straits.

But why? You can get your crystals for nothing, and your chicks for free.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Dire Straits has been a fun challenge for people who have been playing a while and have some strong teams, but it's definitely not "worth it". I wouldn't worry too much about it if you can't do them.

Most days I had a hard time meeting the damage requirement (I did clear all of them, but some of them took a few tries), but on the last day, I found that surviving was the bigger problem. My Ganyu team got absolutely mauled, and I had to do it with Kaeya instead.

edited August 2022
    the dire straights were a lil tricky with stuff like cryo trav but with even a fairly normie team of idk beidou xq bennett rosaria u should be able to do them especially if ur deliberate about triggering the "spawn powerful enemies" trigger

also being careful about the healing

s643a800l9v1.png

the old shimenawa geo trav noelle bennett rosaria party (?)

i had forgotten about this rock interaction where u can cheat plunge attack multiple time off the curved surface

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oae_ou4pvCE

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    also really liking mona domain, they been knocking it out the park with cooler puzzle designs and stuff

in particular the illusion/reflection area was a super nice change of pace

obF2Wuw.png
    The character dream domains were a total surprise addition but they were all pretty neat in their own way, and I liked the character flavor in the combat-arena aftermaths to them, too, getting the support attack.

Kaz's was pretty straightforward but I always appreciate some flipped or tipped room geometry, and the little Kurosawa interlude was cute. Xinyan's felt a little like Kaz Mk. 2 just to start, but then the tilewalking puzzles showed up and that was fun, and of course her whole interlude is the upbeat breath of air before the DIVE INTO IMMERNACHTREICH. As far as Fischl's domain goes, the music in there was great, even if the perspective puzzles didn't super work for me, but I was usually able to use the geometry to at least get close to where the solution reticle showed up. Mona's domain was very pretty, though the core puzzle was pretty simple once you knew what to look for; the real star there (pun intended) were the contemplative walking sequences while the whole place rearranged itself and then suddenly it's a bullet hell?

Last summer's Golden Apple Archipelago was Wind Waker/10, but this one gets Psychonauts/10.

Kazuha's domain made me super motion sick. I don't do well with spinning rooms like that.

Kazuha's domain made me super motion sick. I don't do well with spinning rooms like that.

this made me a diff kind of sick

uugktbctpptu.png

pensive (0 ambers 2)

obF2Wuw.png
    pulling to get c6 xinyan and more yun jins and getting sabotaged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5J_bfjJS_M

go AWAY ur not replacing amber

obF2Wuw.png
    That's rough because Yoimiya and Amber are both wholesome good girls.

But fireworks.

• XantusXantus Registered User regular
    the character domains were mostly neat.. but i feel like they should have switched the order of fischl and mona's. having monas last felt kinda anticlimactic.. fischl's was this really involved level that you had to utilize many skills and exploring... whereas mona's basically was just 'on rails' and quite simple.

Fischl's was amazing. The story was a lot of fun, and I'm glad there's still a bit more after you complete the main story. The plays are all really dumb and fun to watch, I wish they were voiced.

• MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Fischl's was amazing. The story was a lot of fun, and I'm glad there's still a bit more after you complete the main story. The plays are all really dumb and fun to watch, I wish they were voiced.

I was bored out of my skull by the slow pace of the plays, if there's nothing happening on my screen other than extremely slow text I'm not having much fun. The domains were cool but once they were done the rest of GAA was fairly disappointing to me. Though I much prefer a concentrated bunch of enjoyable content and then a bunch of completely optional content I don't care for than both getting mixed together.

Just waiting for Sumeru now really.

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I like when they do story events for characters we don't see as much of. Kazuha's domain was a bit redundant because he had an event shortly before the archipelago reopened. He felt like the odd one out.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
    edited August 2022

...they weren't voiced for you? I had the EN voices on and all the raven statues were going for it. Even Ask-Me-About-Being-An-Understudy Arnold.

If you have some time to burn you can go check out all the stages after the wrap party and read what the ravens have shitposted on the act board.

You can also check out the vacation squad near their respective isles - Kazuha is by the bonsai, Xinyan is up by the frost flower, Fischl is on a balcony overlooking the first act theater (there's an elevator up to it), and Mona is up on the past reflection of the astronomy tower next to the place where you deposit the condensed stars to make the bridge up.

Glazius on
  • eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Couple more days to Tower of Fantasy release!

I’ve been digging a lot into the mechanics etc and seems like they have very much looked directly at what people have complained about genshin and specifically fixed it. Pity is much more player friendly, artifact rolling less grindy with ways to lock specific stats when upgrading, ability to buy ssr constellations directly, tons of endgame things both with and without resin-equivalents. And actual guilds and ability to do stuff in your friends world!!!

The main negative I kept seeing was power creep in the CN game, but they have significantly nerfed the first limited banner character and specifically nerfed the scaling that was out of control on the Chinese version, which seems to universally be viewed as a good thing.

Anyways, thought I’d share this video. While it’s focused on should you pull the first banner or not, he runs through a lot of the mechanics and gacha economy and also shows some decent gameplay footage.

* I’m not trying to hijack this thread, just not sure if there’s enough interest to start it’s own dedicated thread. Apologies if this is too far off topic!!

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Have to sit through this entire stupid puzzle again because this game lacks a target feature and the devs didn't think that maybe differentiating between the three 'Confirm Target' prompts sitting on top of each other was a good idea.

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Tower of Fantasy has an aesthetic that appeals to me way more than Genshin (Not that I dislike what Genshin's got going, but the futuristic shit is my jam) and the combat looks like it's going to be a lot of fun, especially if you're into the MP focus. (I could take that or leave it)

That said, it has Tencent backing through the publisher (Level Infinite) so I'm not going anywhere near it. I already wasn't because my PC is just a laptop and even though it can technically run it, it'd have to be like, on minimum specs or whatever. But that just makes it an easier skip.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    I definitely have interest in a game that's like Genshin but fixes the stuff in Genshin that they lack the will or ability to fix.
    Like the insistence on making us fight enemies on narrow footing with falls that aren't actually bottomless and no fall damage and an inconsistent reset for enemies. Encounter/enemy design I would describe as 'malicious' or 'an excellent example of mistaking tedium for challenge', though it's probably one part incompetence and one part forcing you to always be pulling fresh teams to deal with new BS. Control stupidity like accidentally climbing things or the UI prioritizing random objects or enemies even when you're standing on something, pointing your character at it, and pointing your camera at it.

If Tower of Fantasy blows my socks off I'd probably still drop into Genshin to blow through story content from time to time, but that'd probably be it. I still have to try Honkai too, I guess, I've read that the team on that is their better team despite Genshin being the money maker. I'm also still pretty hyped by the aesthetic of ZZZ and will assuredly play that for a while when it drops before becoming an unending fount of negativity while nonetheless playing an ungodly amount.

Kamar on
    edited August 2022
    I was liking the ZZZ aesthetics, but then I watched some first impressions and they lost me. No open world exploration at all, seems much more like a regular mobile game vs genshin

eMoander on
    Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
    I'm going to try it for sure but my biggest worry about ZZZ is that the combat might be too hectic for old slow me. It's one of the reasons I didn't really love HI3. Genshin's combat isn't super slow either but it's still less spammy and less frantic IME.

• ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    I hope Tower of Fantasy does gangbusters, forcing Genshin to respond by fixing its shit.

35ish hours until Tower of Fantasy launches and it's available for pre-download already. Gonna give it a try even though I doubt I'll play it for long, the fact it's a MMO instead of a single-player game is the biggest turn-off for me.

edited August 2022
    Preload is live and we can start making characters as well as upload them for our friends who are bad at sliders (help me @surrealitycheck !!)

Here’s my current favorite:
    cdn34b978y8u.jpeg

Edit: just looking at the photo again and I’m not sure if having two sets of goggles is genius or insanity.

Also current plan is to make the clan Maralago Raiders on Nightfall server. Nightfall may end up pretty crowded though as I’ve seen a lot of other guilds talking about it, so backup is Tempest or Radiant depending on queues and ping.

Edit 2:
    Omg it turns out the goggles were hiding a feature created by the random generator that I didn’t even know was possible
    gqvvz9b6qdmr.jpeg

eMoander on
    Oh my God I'm in just to join the Maralago Raiders.

edited August 2022
    Ok double post, but did some more optimizing and pretty happy with this for now at least
    5hfqw0a45url.jpeg
    1uducsccsyhk.jpeg

And second option on hair and outfit

eMoander on
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    That first one was very “Yuffie”.