As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Elder Scrolls Online] It's the 2nd Era, so is this Oblivion 2, or Oblivion -1?

1636465666769»

• Options
    GiantGeek2020GiantGeek2020 Registered User regular
    @Pixelated Pixie thank you for the list of add-ons. I just restarted (bought the initial release on PS4, then burned out and did not go back), and now I just started again on PC and those add-ons are already proving helpful.

Thanks!

• Options
    Also how do I get to join the guild. Do I have to in game message someone? Because honestly, I'm racking up crafting mats (low level ones at the moment). And I just want to dump them in a guild bank with the knowledge that eventually someone will be making an alt and they'll be able to tool up their alt.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Also how do I get to join the guild. Do I have to in game message someone? Because honestly, I'm racking up crafting mats (low level ones at the moment). And I just want to dump them in a guild bank with the knowledge that eventually someone will be making an alt and they'll be able to tool up their alt.

You don't, but I need to actually have enough brains to remember to log on for once x_X or I think @Pixelated Pixie has invite permissions? *edit* I could have SWORN I gave a bunch of other people invite permissions because I can't be arsed to log in most days...

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

You don't, but I need to actually have enough brains to remember to log on for once x_X or I think "Pixelated Pixie" has invite permissions? *edit* I could have SWORN I gave a bunch of other people invite permissions because I can't be arsed to log in most days...

I honestly don't know if I do for Ash. I do for Pax. I haven't logged in for weeks though.

At any rate, post your ESO account name and I'll log on this evening and see what I can do @GiantGeek2020

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Thank you for the invites!

Now who do I bug to have recruits able to do deposit only at the guild bank? I don't care about withdrawing (And considering past incidents in this thread, I don't want recruits able to withdraw). But I want to dump the Iron ingots, style materials, 5 billion different cooking ingredients and alchemy bs into the bank. Or do I email them to @Pixelated Pixie who puts them in when they find the time?

Honestly considering the very reasonable postage rates I could do either.

Edit: To state my position, I'm not going to even consider crafting stuff for myself until I start hitting endgame level supplies. But in the meantime I am collecting plenty of crafting mats because I am the kind of compulsive guy who, if you put a label like "Collect Runes" on something and tell me to "hit E to collect" I am going to hit E.

I've been collecting plenty of runes for instance and after doing runecrafting during initial launch I'm not runecrafting again and you can't make me.

But I still hit the collect resources button because I can't/won't stop. Similar on items. Deconstruct deconstruct, research/research.

So how do I dump those resources where they might eventually do someone some good.

GiantGeek2020 on
  • Options
    Oh, I guess I need to promote you too. Oops. I'll do that in a bit.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Oh, I guess I need to promote you too. Oops. I'll do that in a bit.

Thanks. I have so many resources to drop off. Conditioned resource gatherer reflex go!

• Options
    If you like the game enough to sub, you get an infinite crafting bag that all your resources go in automatically and you never have to worry about it.

Worth $15/mo just for that, in my opinion, not even counting all the other sub benefits.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    I promoted you to full member in Pax but I can't promote in Ash.

@Lucid_Seraph can you either promote @GiantGeek2020 so they can deposit into the guild bank or me so I can promote others?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    I... couldn't remember your ESO name Pixie and I also don't know GiantGeek's, but I *think* I promoted the right person in Ash, so Pixie *should* have permission now. Let me know if it works.

• Options
    I... couldn't remember your ESO name Pixie and I also don't know GiantGeek's, but I *think* I promoted the right person in Ash, so Pixie *should* have permission now. Let me know if it works.

You got it. Thanks. I promoted GiantGeek.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    a0RGjD7h.jpg

I finally got the Spirit Slayer title for the Vateshran Hollows trifecta (vet, no deaths, no sigils, speedrun)!

This was a tough one. I finished two prior runs with 1 death each. One particular "trash mob" encounter gave me me trouble in this than most of the bosses!

I wanted to get this done before Update 35 makes a mess of things.

• Options
    twotimesadingotwotimesadingo Registered User regular
    Last post is a bit old, but I just jumped in because I saw that ESO is free now through the PSPlus package.

Anyone still play at all (PS5/4)? And as a follow-up, are the guilds cross-play?

PSN: peepshowofforce
  • Options
    Last post is a bit old, but I just jumped in because I saw that ESO is free now through the PSPlus package.

Anyone still play at all (PS5/4)? And as a follow-up, are the guilds cross-play?

I am 98.6% sure there is still no cross-play.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2022
    As far as I know there has never been any mention of cross play.

furlion on
    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    furlion wrote: »
    As far as I know there has never been any mention of cross play.

It's something that's been talked about on the backend but ultimately dismissed as *way* too much work for very little return. Also, the game's economy is split across those server worlds, meaning, there's separate guild store NPCs, so cross play would really mess up the in-game economy unless something was done about it.

• Options
    StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    so I just started playing this and bought a month of ESO+ time, is there anything in particular in the store that is like, a must buy with crowns? I was looking at one of the non combat pets that increase inventory size maybe?

• Options
    Personal banker, personal merchant, and the three inventory pets (they all stack) are the biggest store-only, permanent quality-of-life upgrades. Pretty much everything else in the store is cosmetic or could be earned in-game.

That said, for a new player, I don't think you "need" any of those. They're luxuries. But like the luxury that is the crafting bag you get from ESO+, they're hard to live without once you're a more invested player.

I would recommend sitting on your crowns for the moment as none of those are immediate must-haves. If you decide to keep playing ESO and keep subscribing to ESO+, you'll build up enough crowns gradually purchase those big upgrades.

• Options
    Ok yeah I'll sit on em for a bit. I'm in general having a pretty good time. Got my Nightblade to 31 or so before work today mostly just doing quests in Vvardenfall and queuing for random dungeons. Dungeons are definitely where I've felt the bag space limit the most, there are times I've had to stop to clear out a few spots to pick up boss loot and by the time I'm done my group is l basically at the next boss already

• Options
    So I hit 50 on my Nightblade and got my champion level somewhere in the 200's now as well as a necromancer to 20 or so. This Halloween events 100% xp boost was really nice for leveling. I'm slowly working my crafting skills up as well. I'm mostly just wearing a mix of blue stamina gear that drops and a set of purple agility accessories I got from one of the guild traders. I guess my next step is probably starting to do some veteran dungeons?

• Options
    edited December 2022
    I managed to achieve Emperor status for the first time! And 2nd and 3rd times during the campaign after being unjustly dethroned by the dastardly Daggerfall Covenant.

FgA2QFuh.jpg

I've been wanting to achieve this for years but it was too daunting. I finally worked up the courage. Even on one of the lower population campaigns, it was quite the grind.

Arteen on
  • Options
    Arteen wrote: »
    I managed to achieve Emperor status for the first time! And 2nd and 3rd times during the campaign after being unjustly dethroned by the dastardly Daggerfall Covenant.

FgA2QFuh.jpg

I've been wanting to achieve this for years but it was too daunting. I finally worked up the courage. Even on one of the lower population campaigns, it was quite the grind.

ALL HAIL OUR NEW EMPEROR, LONG MAY YOU REIGN

• Options
    Oh my gosh, this was a dream come true. I finally cleared vAS+2!
    pknyOGEh.jpg

I spent a while trying to prog this years ago but we never managed it, and ever since it's been something I've longed for but never thought I could attain. I recently joined a new trials guild and made some new friends who vouched for me to get invited to the guild's attempts at it.

I also recently got Shield of the North too! I was main tank. We even did this twice to get more people the title.
    7xnOKG8h.jpg

• Options
    Next update will add the option to hide shoulder armor.

I cannot begin to express how happy this makes me. There are so many great sets of armor ruined by awful pauldrons...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    They finally added hide pauldrons. I've lost count of how many armor set designs they've ruined.

This game is now officially playable.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I was thinking of starting ESO again on the XBox with the last expansion being on sale at the moment and I was wondering which of the current set of classes I oughta go with as someone who hasn't played in a good while. I was interested in Necromancer seeing as it's my fave Diablo class but I heard that it could be troublesome in towns?

• Options
    At the beginning of the year I was invited to a more serious trials guild after someone I crossed paths with thought I was promising. I was hesitant but my experience from my last time in a trial group to now is night and day. My new group of friends is a lot better and importantly a lot friendlier and helpful. Now I'm clearing every veteran trial with relative ease and have a couple hard modes under my belt too.

I'm most proud of my portal/execute tank clear of veteran Cloudrest hard mode and I also just got my first trifecta clear in Asylum Sanctorium!

Also, the new expansion is out today for PC and a few weeks for console. As a console pleb I'm looking forward to it. The new Arcanist class looks like a lot of fun!

• Options
    Arteen wrote: »
    At the beginning of the year I was invited to a more serious trials guild after someone I crossed paths with thought I was promising. I was hesitant but my experience from my last time in a trial group to now is night and day. My new group of friends is a lot better and importantly a lot friendlier and helpful. Now I'm clearing every veteran trial with relative ease and have a couple hard modes under my belt too.

I'm most proud of my portal/execute tank clear of veteran Cloudrest hard mode and I also just got my first trifecta clear in Asylum Sanctorium!

Also, the new expansion is out today for PC and a few weeks for console. As a console pleb I'm looking forward to it. The new Arcanist class looks like a lot of fun!

I'll be rolling up a new arcanist tonight. From what I've seen, it looks awesome. Can't wait to try it out.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~