As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    akjak wrote: »
    Popped in to this after like, a year? More? I dunno.

I forgot everything and there are so many more systems now. Yikes. What is the groups and reserves stuff in the barracks tho?

Basically extra storage. You can dump off heroes in there to make room. You can't use them from there, but you can easily take back out if you want to. (this was really nice for me since sometimes I wanted to save certain IVs or just otherwise not turn everyone into manuals)

And yes, the game has kinda become a bloated mess. It's to the point that I actually ignore some of the newer stuff because it isn't even fun. IMO the main stuff is still the same as it ever was... story, arena, tempest trials, etc. They're trying to make this new actual pvp mode a thing but no one seems to like it.

On the plus side, if you want 5*s they've made summoning a lot nicer. Biggest change is that there is now a 4* pity rate (separate from 5*) and sometimes your 4* pull will upgrade to a 5* character without killing your 5* pity rate. This is mostly their way of adding in the older, less powerful characters without having your pity blown by like, a 5* year 1 Lyn or something. If you haven't played in a year you'll probably get a ton of new characters this way. (they've also been consistently demoting at least one character per banner to 3*/4* these days)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Insert slowpoke meme, probably:

Jesus, settle down Edelgard.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    https://youtu.be/QptZvXaSQzA

Ascendant Mareeta? Really? OK I guess...

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited March 2022
    Man, catching up on the story missions because I need orbs (and I've been lazy). Wow, that Easter paralogue was really just "Hey we ran out of whitewings to put in bunny suits so next year is gonna be Michalis." I mean, Maria was a stretch to begin with but they REALLY want to stick to Macedon for some reason... Wonder what they'll do for 2024...

Also holy shit, FEH remembered that Bruno is a character who exists! (actually this chapter hasn't been that bad storywise but we'll see if it stays that way)

Warlock82 on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So you're saying that it they are taking about Bruno?

steam_sig.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_kCRqsX0O8

Wow, they're really running out of characters to make into Legendary Heroes aren't they?

https://youtu.be/UJr7M74Lavo

Tellius Baaaabiessss

Also where is baby Titania? (aka like, teenage Titania or something)

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Sigh another lure to join the FeH pass because of the 40th gets the free

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Hmm, youthful veteran-type characters (e.g. Jagen, Gunter) would be an interesting special banner. Though we've still at least a couple years of youthful heroes to go through before the formula needs to be shaken up like that.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited April 2022
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Hmm, youthful veteran-type characters (e.g. Jagen, Gunter) would be an interesting special banner. Though we've still at least a couple years of youthful heroes to go through before the formula needs to be shaken up like that.

Oh, that would actually be sick. Do a banner of JUST young versions of the pre-promotes. I wanna see a young Jagen! And then they just include unchanged FE7 Marcus as a joke :3

Warlock82 on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Since the last patch I cannot merge 3stars or 4 stars with gold 5 stars only with other 3/4 stars is this a bug?

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    No, they removed it, presumably to stop people from accidentally merging units they intended to promote first.

I've had bizarre luck since Ninjorrin returned on a banner. Free pulled her, then on subsequent banners free pulled ascended Ishtar (they did my girl Ishtar dirty with that speed check that's never going to hold up, but I guess no one was using phantom speed anyway), off-banner Erinys, off-banner August, brave Alm, brave Edelgard, and brave Eliwood.

s7Imn5J.png
    No, they removed it, presumably to stop people from accidentally merging units they intended to promote first.

Wow really? I guess I understand but that's an odd one.

Wow, they finally did it. Took them freaking long enough
    https://youtu.be/3YBDv5Aepzk

Silly me thinking the first one meant we might get Anankos finally.. (not that weird face dragon is particularly one I care about but I mean, he's a boss that isn't in yet when we've got Medeus now :3)

• homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Gustav getting in at this point makes me wonder if Bruno will be out as the very last unit before wind down.

edited June 2022
    https://youtu.be/NA3dlCrEpGg

Edit: Oh boy, changes to make Aether Raids even more tedious... Just what everyone was asking for.............. :/

Warlock82 on
    Eh, I don't think the new Aether Raids season is any more tedious than the existing two Aether Raids seasons. (That's not to say that Aether Raids isn't tedious -- most enemy teams I encounter have some nasty trick that makes perfect clears impossible for me.) Then again, I don't even engage with the Colosseum content from week to week and I'm pretty lax about actually updating any of my parties and loadouts. (I've got over 900k feathers to consume, so maybe I should try creating some +9 or +10 units that have gotten significant New Power upgrades.) So I probably have the wrong perspective to say how much effort it will be to create a third setup for Chaos seasons, and to tweak it for each edition.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Eh, I don't think the new Aether Raids season is any more tedious than the existing two Aether Raids seasons. (That's not to say that Aether Raids isn't tedious -- most enemy teams I encounter have some nasty trick that makes perfect clears impossible for me.) Then again, I don't even engage with the Colosseum content from week to week and I'm pretty lax about actually updating any of my parties and loadouts. (I've got over 900k feathers to consume, so maybe I should try creating some +9 or +10 units that have gotten significant New Power upgrades.) So I probably have the wrong perspective to say how much effort it will be to create a third setup for Chaos seasons, and to tweak it for each edition.

I mean, that right there is what I mean by tedious. It feels like you have to move around all your parties and stuff to participate correctly which is a pain in the ass. Also version 1 heroes is big yuck. I guess there's a few good ones still but so many of them are power-crept to hell.

I dunno, I hate Aether Raids anyways. Maybe I'll put even less effort in now.

Gotcha. Yeah, depending on your investment in defending your ladder position (and it did sound like the Chaos season ladder would be branched from standard seasons) it could take a fair deal of moving around, especially with the change in bonus heroes by year of release. But if something doesn't give you enjoyment and you're not really required to do it, don't worry too much about it. Do the things you do enjoy. I'll probably copy over my favorite units into an arrangement that looks vaguely effective (don't do any testing, of course) and then let it sit there to absorb blows.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Gotcha. Yeah, depending on your investment in defending your ladder position (and it did sound like the Chaos season ladder would be branched from standard seasons) it could take a fair deal of moving around, especially with the change in bonus heroes by year of release. But if something doesn't give you enjoyment and you're not really required to do it, don't worry too much about it. Do the things you do enjoy. I'll probably copy over my favorite units into an arrangement that looks vaguely effective (don't do any testing, of course) and then let it sit there to absorb blows.

Yeah, I've kind of had to take this approach with this game. There's some modes that I just absolutely do not enjoy and I skip them. Like, I stopped doing Arena Assault and I never do those "beat this map but you can only use heroes from X games" things because no, that's just a pain in the ass to setup. Even Aether Raids I mostly just do my three auto battles and then I try to finish off as best I can manually but I don't sweat it too much if I lose a lot because I don't care about my rank or anything.

And I never even attempted to do that PvP bullshit mode. Fuck that mode.

I used to regularly alternate between tier 27 and tier 31/32, but for awhile I've just been coasting on the bare minimum to stay in tier 21, which is barely any effort for nearly the same reward.

Also lol @ poor Alfonse with his shitty Folkvangr refine having to fight Ascended Ultra Instinct Veronica or whatever.

s7Imn5J.png
    edited July 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY04wWyvD-Q

Did I miss something? I don't remember Ymir who is clearly a Heroes OC. Edit: Oh, I probably should have completed the tempest trials... Spoiled by the trailer I guess :3

Also of course they release a new Celica when I have no money... Bah!

Warlock82 on
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    With TTs, you don't have actually complete them, I haven't touched them and still got the ending when I popped over to it when it was over.

With this "special" one though, there's a "supplementary" opening and ending scenes that are more related to the
    heroes/theme than the plot they're telling with the consecutive TTs, which I got by popping in a couple of times while it was ongoing.

edited July 2022
    With TTs, you don't have actually complete them, I haven't touched them and still got the ending when I popped over to it when it was over.

With this "special" one though, there's a "supplementary" opening and ending scenes that are more related to the
    heroes/theme than the plot they're telling with the consecutive TTs, which I got by popping in a couple of times while it was ongoing.

Yeah I thought I missed the end date when randomly in the middle I got another cutscene. But no, it was just like a mid-cutscene. It was weird.

Edit: No way

Warlock82 on
    This is amazing
    mmo0a0tz4641.png

https://youtu.be/GVy3LGv_3i8

Wow I absolutely hate Byleth's outfit. The rest look fine, albeit not all that different from what they normally wear *shrug*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIhPaE7XiCA

I had to do a double take on Lyn's attack art, because it looked like it was a joke post about Lyn alts where someone photoshopped Lyn's face on someone else's art.

s7Imn5J.png
    https://youtu.be/Yi8Miy6qwno

Apparently there was a FEH channel

New hero type is meh? I dunno. I guess it's neat inheriting doesn't destroy the hero but I dunno.

Also Three Hopes banner, that's kinda a surprise. Thanks for making the good Shez free :P

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Sorry if this has been touched on already, but at some point, Nintendo decided to screw things up by not allowing you to merge allies easily anymore. Now I've got all these heroes grouped up in "Merge Allies" that just won't merge anymore, for reasons I don't know. Some will, some won't, it looks like a color thing, but then some that look like they have the same color, but I guess light lilac and spring lilac are too dissimilar or something.

Whatever. It's added a layer of frustration on top of a game that I've been happy to casually enjoy as I try to collect characters, play the story, and occasionally do something like Forging Bonds. Only now, that first part is made considerably more difficult, as I've started running out of room since I can't just merge the multiples of a character into one and just file them away.

The question is, what am I supposed to/should I be doing here? I know I can just send them back home, but that seems wasteful to me, at least compared to what I was doing before.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    Can you provide any specific examples? The big thing I can think of off the top of my head is that some of those units might have a "Favorite" heart still on them? By default, 5-star Heroes will have one assigned to them so you don't accidentally send them away. There are some restrictions on Forma units, but you'd know them from their blue stars instead of gold. And Heroes with the same name, but different titles / epithets can't be merged together.

When it comes to making barracks space, if you already have enough feathers, you could also opt to exchange Heroes into Combat Manuals. You can then merge those manuals into other Heroes for skills, or the same Heroes as merges, they just won't take up space in your barracks (and, of course, can't be deployed as units). Same as merging, though: you can't exchange them into manuals if they've been "Favorite" hearted.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Definitely not the hearts thing; I've been doing it long enough to know to remove those when merging. ;)

Where do I go to exchange Heroes into Combat Manuals? I'm guessing that's how they get other skills? I've been wondering how some same enemy units seem capable of doing more than mine can.

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    edited January 2023
    Sorry if this has been touched on already, but at some point, Nintendo decided to screw things up by not allowing you to merge allies easily anymore. Now I've got all these heroes grouped up in "Merge Allies" that just won't merge anymore, for reasons I don't know. Some will, some won't, it looks like a color thing, but then some that look like they have the same color, but I guess light lilac and spring lilac are too dissimilar or something.

Whatever. It's added a layer of frustration on top of a game that I've been happy to casually enjoy as I try to collect characters, play the story, and occasionally do something like Forging Bonds. Only now, that first part is made considerably more difficult, as I've started running out of room since I can't just merge the multiples of a character into one and just file them away.

The question is, what am I supposed to/should I be doing here? I know I can just send them back home, but that seems wasteful to me, at least compared to what I was doing before.

I'm not sure what this could be. I haven't been having any issues. Can you show a screenshot of what you're trying to do?

Only thing I can think is either you're trying to merge two different heroes with similar icons or you're trying to merge a forma hero into something (forma have weird ass merge rules - they're the ones with dark blue backgrounds). Or maybe you're trying to merge *into* a combat manual? *shrug*

To exchange Combat Manuals go to the Barracks. That has all the "I want to get rid of a hero" options like turning them into feathers or moving them to reserves to store.

Warlock82 on
    Sorry for the slow response, I've been sick with COVID and haven't been on the forums until today.

Here's an example:

klltccadfh7x.png

I'll check out the other stuff later.

Yeah, so it was pointed out earlier in the page (which was April 2022) that 3- and 4-star Heroes cannot be merged together if their star values do not match. It's still not entirely clear why that's the case, but that's just how things be. So you can Unlock Potential to turn your 3-stars into 4-stars, which can be merged together.

Though to be clear, I don't really recommend doing merging at 4-stars. 5-stars just get so much more with advanced weaponry and forge effects (which are getting increasingly more loaded, sorry to rant) that it's best to save feathers to bring units up to 5-stars before doing tweaking. Merges at 4-stars disappear once promotion to 5-stars as well. So if you need to clean up your Barracks and you're approaching the Feather cap, consider converting Heroes into Combat Manuals since you can still upgrade them to merge into 5-star Heroes later.

I guess, while I'm here, if you're also playing Fire Emblem Engage, you can get some Heroes rings and weapons to use there from the Heroes app linked to your My Nintendo account. Somewhat annoyingly, you have to get the code from the Heroes app instead of the My Nintendo webpage, and you have to go into the Switch eShop to activate the code afterwards. But hey, early-game boosts are nice to have, yeah? (I still have yet to get started on Engage, so I don't know what those weapons or rings do.)

4463rwiq7r47.png