As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    They couldn't make that product until Dibby got his SPM. IRL cheevo unlock.

I played through the Faelin adventure and, man, it is setup really poorly for repeat playthroughs.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Yes, which is doubly sad because if you want the cheevos it's minimum 3 runs and probably a lot more.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    Trying to ladder climb in a control meta is miserable. You get maybe 2-3 games in an hour, and so many matchups are just coinflips so it's insanely hard to get a streak.

Made it to dad legend with the VS "meta breaker" big beast Renethal hunter deck. Animations are too fuckin' slow.
    You can now hold down the Spacebar to continuously open packs.
    Best patch in a while.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    You know what sucks? Giving a cheaper counterspell to ducking hunter

At least they managed to avoid giving it to rogue this time, maybe that’s being saved for next year.

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    viyn260bq32k.png

I only played the one game, but new hero looks very very good. Like, if you have even two minions you wanna buy, then paying 5 gold is already a good deal and you also get some free other minions, which makes it insane at higher tavern tiers. And there are a lot of comps that cycle through minions (elementals, naga, quills, murlocs)

The turn 12 prize reward that grabs the whole shop (mindflayer I think?) is good for the same reasons, wonder if that was the test for this hero power.

71YTjUi.png

Yeah, I'll get right on that.

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Dad Legend Achieved with relative ease and fun thx to Big Spell Mage:

### Big Spell Mage
    # Class: Mage
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Hydra
    #
    # 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
    # 2x (2) Amplified Snowflurry
    # 2x (2) Far Watch Post
    # 2x (2) Mailbox Dancer
    # 1x (3) Flightmaster Dungar
    # 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
    # 1x (3) Smothering Starfish
    # 2x (3) Treasure Guard
    # 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
    # 2x (4) Deepwater Evoker
    # 2x (4) Reckless Apprentice
    # 1x (4) Varden Dawngrasp
    # 2x (5) Spammy Arcanist
    # 1x (6) Balinda Stonehearth
    # 2x (6) Barbaric Sorceress
    # 2x (6) Grey Sage Parrot
    # 1x (7) Magister Dawngrasp
    # 2x (9) Rune of the Archmage
    # 2x (10) Drakefire Amulet
    #
    AAECAbTqAwid7gPQ+QPX+QOgigT/ogTlsATHsgSNtQQL9+gD0+wDzvkDkoEEk4EEpY0EoZIE+6IE+qwEmbAEh7cEAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Datamining of the patch appears to have found a Death Knight card frame for Locations.

liEt3nH.png
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    In Wild, I hit Legend with Renethal Highlander Quest Priest, because fuck the meta I play what I want.

After hitting Legend, I switched it to “fuck Big Priest Quest Priest.” Oh, that feeling of happiness I get when they try to res and see only hands, because Mr. Hands himself is on the bottom of my deck!

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    Datamining of the patch appears to have found a Death Knight card frame for Locations.

The timing on this is weird. WotLK Classic is in late September, which would be a good tie in opportunity to add DKs, but I also don't think they'd add a class for the miniset when it would be easiest at rotation.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I'm actually kinda excited about this new set. I might jump back in. Maybe I'm insane.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Did they remove greasebot from battlegrounds? Cause I haven't seen one in either of my last mech runs (I didn't see one and nobody else had one, either.)

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    Did they remove greasebot from battlegrounds? Cause I haven't seen one in either of my last mech runs (I didn't see one and nobody else had one, either.)

They did as part of the most recent hotfix

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    If they did, thank god. End stage mechs were absolutely awful to play against in battlegrounds.

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Poor communication obviously, but they couldn't get it into the patch so I understand. And greasebot meta wasn't very fun, so it's good that they did it.

New hero is p much as busted as I thought. I played him four times and only placed second once. And that was because my opponent went full poison scam against my jacked murlocs and I couldn't find the selfless while they did.

Let's hope the planned balance patch does something good. Tier 6 needs some serious changes imo.

Grobian on
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Good of them to not tell anyone, then.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    Guess mechs are back to being bad again?

edited August 2022
    HSReplay's analysis of Primordial Wave (pretty much matches my own, although I don't know that I would have rated it a 1) for Dibby:
    Primordial Wave

Evolve and Devolve rolled into one for no extra cost. Normally when you merge a card like this, it’s more powerful than the sum of its parts. But this isn’t the case here, because the effects carry diminishing returns and usually aren’t powerful when played together.

If you’re playing Tiny Toys or any cheap board flood, you always want the cheaper Evolve effect because you want to power spike as early as possible. If you’re ahead on board, then you might as well play a cheap evolve effect after value trading and get rid of the opponent’s threats completely. If you need to answer an opponent board and you’re behind, then the Evolve effect carries little to no value. If you do have a board and find yourself blocked by a taunt, you cannot Primordial Wave to transform the taunt and attack with your minions because they also get transformed.

This card is very awkward and inefficient, to an extent that we don’t even think Evolve Shaman will play it.

Score: 1

forty on
    If you don't have the time to gain 100+ gold the untill the expansion hits tomorrow, it's probably better to not login untill it hits so the rewards from the new month will be for the new expansion.

See my profile here!
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    this was a very silly game

UdOhv5Q.png?1

Alphagaia wrote: »
    If you don't have the time to gain 100+ gold the untill the expansion hits tomorrow, it's probably better to not login untill it hits so the rewards from the new month will be for the new expansion.
    I got packs for the next expansion already.

forty wrote: »

This is about the extra cards you receive, not the packs.

See my profile here!
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    HSReplay's analysis of Primordial Wave (pretty much matches my own, although I don't know that I would have rated it a 1) for Dibby:
    Primordial Wave

Evolve and Devolve rolled into one for no extra cost. Normally when you merge a card like this, it’s more powerful than the sum of its parts. But this isn’t the case here, because the effects carry diminishing returns and usually aren’t powerful when played together.

If you’re playing Tiny Toys or any cheap board flood, you always want the cheaper Evolve effect because you want to power spike as early as possible. If you’re ahead on board, then you might as well play a cheap evolve effect after value trading and get rid of the opponent’s threats completely. If you need to answer an opponent board and you’re behind, then the Evolve effect carries little to no value. If you do have a board and find yourself blocked by a taunt, you cannot Primordial Wave to transform the taunt and attack with your minions because they also get transformed.

This card is very awkward and inefficient, to an extent that we don’t even think Evolve Shaman will play it.

Score: 1

:(

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582

Oh, I see. I suppose that could be worthwhile if you're a pretty casual player. If you play enough to at least finish the rewards track, it's pretty easy to have the gold required to obtain the ~60 packs needed to get all the rares from the new set from packs alone.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Oh, I see. I suppose that could be worthwhile if you're a pretty casual player. If you play enough to at least finish the rewards track, it's pretty easy to have the gold required to obtain the ~60 packs needed to get all the rares from the new set from packs alone.

Yeah, I've got consistently gotten ~110 packs from the gold from finishing the rewards track and then some every expansion.

Hell I've got something like a dozen unopened Nathria packs already. 8 from the last two end of month rewards and then a few snagged from Youtube or Twitch drops or something.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I forgot to play ranked standard and didn't even get the card back this month whoops.jpg

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Guess mechs are back to being bad again?

Not necessarily, because Holy Mackerel procs off itself because good design. I've lost multiple times because a mech player gets several Holy Mackerels and they just endlessly alternate divine shields. You basically just have to have Leeroys and/or hope your idiot minions attack in exactly the right target order.

Donnicton on
    You can tell the expansion is almost here, because the current rewards track is collapsing:

s7yc6wz3s2fj.png

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    The "hold space to open your packs" update is very handy for the start of the expansion. I've rested a weight on my space bar, and can now go do something else for a while.

If only I could rest a weight on my space bar to "play Hearthstone" for me, too!

Delduwath wrote: »
    The "hold space to open your packs" update is very handy for the start of the expansion. I've rested a weight on my space bar, and can now go do something else for a while.

If only I could rest a weight on my space bar to "play Hearthstone" for me, too!
    I'd still prefer a real mass opening option, but I'll be doing the weighted space bar maneuver tonight myself. Huzzah!

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    My best luck opening cards in quite a while, 4 legendaries in 53 packs plus the free legendary at the start of the Battle Pass makes 5 total. Plus I got the elusive "two legendaries in one pack" which I haven't had in a few years AND a pack that had three epics and two rares.

Right now having success with Hunter's Wildseed deck. I'm sure there will be lots of good decks that come out of this expac.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    It's not related to the new expansion, but I just found out about the new Battlegrounds Ysera Chromawing strat and it's pretty funny. They redesigned Chromawing because it had balance issues. And now the new version makes Ysera broken.

On hsreplay she's got a 50%+ first/second finish rate. Whoops!

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Very relieved to be having my customary "first day of expansion" experience (which is where I play the same exact deck as most of my opponents, and they are steamrolling me).

Trying Odd DH with Magnifying Glaive and man it feels real bad. I should have played more DH when it was OP.

Oh geez, the hold space bar opening is slow.