As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The little crystal turtle [Pokémon] is pretty cute.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Also the pacing is all over the place. That gap between the first and second badge is absolutely stupid. There's so much content with literally nothing happening. Now that I have two badges it should pick up though - I'm pretty sure most upcoming towns have gyms. It's also super weird tho.

I think I remember another stretch later being pretty bad, unless it's even worse than I remember and that actually was that stretch. I think it contains a bunch of coastline?

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    jothki wrote: »
    Also the pacing is all over the place. That gap between the first and second badge is absolutely stupid. There's so much content with literally nothing happening. Now that I have two badges it should pick up though - I'm pretty sure most upcoming towns have gyms. It's also super weird tho.

I think I remember another stretch later being pretty bad, unless it's even worse than I remember and that actually was that stretch. I think it contains a bunch of coastline?

You're probably thinking of this stretch because the coastline stuff is all still before the second gym, near Ambrette Town (unless you're thinking of the northern coast, but that's more harbors and stuff than beaches).

IIRC it's something like:
    -First Gym in Santalune
    -Take R4 to Lumiose (luckily largely blocked off but you can explore ~1/4 of it)
    -Talk to Professor, battle and get gen 1 starter
    -Take R5 to Camphrier
    -Take R7 and find Snorlax blocking road
    -Backtrack and take R6 to Parfum Palace to get Poke Flute after poodle herding minigame
    -Go back to R7, wake up Snorlax, continue to Connecting Cave (can also do Berry Fields and Daycare here)
    -Connecting Cave exits at Ambrette - talk to fossil scientists who of course don't know what mega evolution is but say "well there are stones in glittering cave?"
    -Take R9 (slooooowly on the back of a Rhyhorn) to Glittering Cave
    -Beat Team Flare guys and get gen 6 fossil
    -Back to Ambrette, get fossil pokemon, then take aquarium to R8 which leads to Cyllage which has the second gym.

That's three towns without a gym (well, Lumiose's gym is inaccessible) + a castle + two caves before another gym as well as what I'd say are three major story beats (meeting the professor, waking Snorlax, getting the fossil/beating Team Flare).

IMO there should be a gym in Camphrier at least. It's weird that there isn't one there. That feels like a reasonable break point after meeting Sycamore for the first time - maybe you even tie it into the Snorlax quest and let's say you can't get the Poke Flute without two gym badges (for whatever reason - HM blocks, just an NPC wanting to see them, etc). Either that or you put it in Ambrette before you go to Glittering Cave (otherwise it's too close to the Cyllage gym, which I feel like needs to stay as there's another town after Cyllage with no gym).

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a Darkrai from PLA to do a trade-back with me? It's the only thing I need to complete me PLA Dex but since I don't have BDSP I can't catch it myself.

It has to be the one caught in PLA to count!

While I'm here, trade-backs of Volcanion/Diancie/Magearna would also let me finish my nat dex

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    i do
    call me on PMs

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    or steam, better yet

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Apparently some S&V stuff has been leaking recently:

It sounds like we may be getting a new trailer potentially tomorrow?

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Oh boy, time to update my muted words on Twitter to facilitate my Scarlet/Violet media blackout!

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    Oh boy, time to update my muted words on Twitter to facilitate my Scarlet/Violet media blackout!

Haha, good luck :D

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »

Haha, good luck :D

I've had very good luck with the past few generations. With Sword/Shield I was even able to avoid knowing any of the starter evolutions, and any new Pokemon revealed after Rolycoly was. That being said, this will probably be the last time I check this thread until game launch.

• Options
    yeah i'm gonna try it too

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    yeah i'm gonna try it too

Bayonetta 3 is currently on the rumor mill.

And a nintendo fan site got some pics of a game with "Fire" in its name a few weeks ago.

The next Directs are looking juicy.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    These leakers get more annoying each generation.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    I miss the part of the new Pokemon cycle where we used to get a deluge of fake new Pokemon badly photoshopped into CoroCoro scans with bad translations but now everything's just leaks and it just feels like low effort compared to before

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    These leakers get more annoying each generation.

I try to keep an eye on that reddit for leaks. I avoid checking the comments.
    Chall wrote: »
    I miss the part of the new Pokemon cycle where we used to get a deluge of fake new Pokemon badly photoshopped into CoroCoro scans with bad translations but now everything's just leaks and it just feels like low effort compared to before

I bet those people moved to Discord. For good or worse.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Alright I know the new games said they'll have co-op, but what're the odds they'll have any kind of single-console co-op? I'd love a pokemon game the wife and I can play together.

Would definitely hold out for the third/expansion version if that's more likely to have that sort of feature

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Alright I know the new games said they'll have co-op, but what're the odds they'll have any kind of single-console co-op? I'd love a pokemon game the wife and I can play together.

Would definitely hold out for the third/expansion version if that's more likely to have that sort of feature

Given that Legends didn't have particularly great performance, I would be extremely surprised if the co-op in Scarlet/Violet can be done on a single machine.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Also then you'd only have to buy one copy and that's not allowed

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Also then you'd only have to buy one Switch and that's not allowed

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    It's Crystal Chronicles all over again and my local Olive Garden went out of business.

• Options
    That's a deep cut

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Is it? That comic was only (*Google*) what the fuck 19 years ago when did I get this old?

• Options
    https://youtu.be/BEtfH5P0PSk

Orchestral arrangement of the main theme of Scarlet/Violet

• Options
    Bah, the first theme was better

https://youtu.be/CnCkIHB8RcQ

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The "play these characters to get this other skin" event was weird, but it did make me play other characters.

Friendship ended with Sylveon. Now Mammoswine is my best friend.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Try to leave the second area in Arceus after months in the field.
    Professor gives me another set of things to find.

Oh well, guess I'm sleeping in the mud some more.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Hmm too direct can you make it a riddle?

• Options
    Ok, now for real I should start avoiding this thread (and honestly the Nintendo thread) starting Tuesday night. Gotta stay as blind as possible. Here's hoping my collection of muted words on Twitter can save me.

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    The only Pokemon leaks I want to hear about is MooMoo Milk

Chall on
  • Options
    Pokemon leaks are worse than Marvel leaks with the rampant fakes. Literally last week when I was trying to double check the sword/shield start evolutions this image is *still to this day* a higher search results on GIS than the real ones. (spoiler for large, they're obviously not real)
    e4c6d1yhb9jg.png

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Honestly it's amazing we still don't have a Fire/Electric type besides Rotom.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Chall wrote: »
    The only Pokemon leaks I want to hear about is MooMoo Milk

Listen I know this is a joke but trust me you dont want that either.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojiBuA97rdc

Spotted some old favourite Pokémon of mine in the Scarlet & Violet trailer, so that's neat.
    Also, finally, you can choose to go beat the Gyms in any order you please. About time.

• Options
    Well we got a new gimmick so I guess mega and dynamax aren't coming back

Seems interesting though, the ability to change typing mid-battle, and it's kind of like natures where 2 pokemon of the same species can have different type changes

I'm kind of leaning towards Violet because the red legendary looks so stupid with its giant wheels it apparently never actually uses for anything!?

sig.gif
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Woah. Do we get the legendary early on and actually use it throughout the game?

Thats really cool if so.

• Options
    Woah. Do we get the legendary early on and actually use it throughout the game?

Thats really cool if so.

I assume we must, maybe it grows in power throughout the game? Gaining flight, swimming etc. and presumably stats, it would be far too strong to have a legendary statted pokemon on your team for the entire game??

sig.gif
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Can't wait. The game is looking great. I'm thinking that we probably do get the legendary early on since he is the main mode of travel. Looking forward to running around the world with a friend.

Not sure about the new gimmick, but we'll see. I originally didn't like the look of the dynamaxing, but ended up having a ton of fun with that one.

I do miss Mega evolutions though.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Not sure yet about how it will be in practice obviously, but I will say that the Terastallizing thing looks super cool. I think I'm more interested in just catching as many as possible and using them with this to see how they look.

Also, flying mounts in Pokemon? Count me in. I wonder if we can just use it anywhere.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Oh also this trailer was the first time I noticed the pixel eyes of the violet legendary.

And it's absolutely perfect.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Oh also this trailer was the first time I noticed the pixel eyes of the violet legendary.

And it's absolutely perfect.

Yeah! I know nothing has been said, but it almost seems like a new type. Digital? Virtual?

Steam: offday