As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Superpowers - Evil win!

hesthefastesthesthefastest Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
Do you want to save the world, or do you want to destroy it? The fate of the world comes down to two dozen people with extraordinary abilities. Are you one of them?

I've put in all the info, including attack power and the like.
All 'chances' are 50%, a coin toss (strangely, all chances in the game happened to be yes)

Good:
1:Ultarune -dead
-True Hero
-power: 3
-sacrifice to win day
2:Quid -dead
-Bald Guy in a Wheelchair
-mental attacks against top tier fighters
-power: 1
3:Greeper -Shining Knight
-power: 7
-chance to convert opponent (after battle)
4: Premier kakos
-Muscle Head
-power: 10
6: Gumpy -Captain Freedom
-power: 12
-Cannot disrespect any player in posts
7:Werehippy -Vern the Vigilante
-power: 9
-chance to escape battle
-handler to Variable
8: Pseudolus -body made of rock
-Rock Dude
-power: 11
9: Stew_Stick -dead
-Glacier Man
-power: 8
-freeze someone on days 2,4,6,8
10: TehSpectre -dead
-Bodyguard
-power: 5
-power: 11 at political events
11: DasUberEdward -Power Hippie -Family held hostage
-power: 6
-power: 11 at natural disaster events
12:Unearthly Stew -the Fortune Teller
-can divine powers days 1,4,7,9
-chance for mental attacks against top tier fighters
13:Oatway -Brain in a vat
-mental attacks against top tier fighters
-power: 1

Evil:
14:evilbob -CEO
-power: 5
-power: 11 at business events
15:TheLawinator -body made of fire
power: 11
16:BoredGamer -dead
-The Psychopath
-power: 10
-is totally into eating people's faces
17:One Thousand Dicks -Lou the Mob Boss
-power: 7
-can kidnap family once
-handler to Frosteey
18:Variable
-Good Spy
19:Squashua -The Fanatic
-power: 3
-can blow up for a win
20:JamesKeenan -dead
-Demon boy
-power: 12
-must swear in posts
21:El Skid -Evil General
-power: 11 at military events
22:wawkin -Giant Floating Eye
-Can divine powers days 1,4,7,9
-chance for mental attack on top tier fighters
23:precisionk -The Shadow
-power: 9
-chance to escape losing battle
24:drez -Sexy Sniper
-power: 8
-assasinate one player
5: Frosteey
-Evil Spy

Alternates:
-cheez
-Maximus
- DevoutlyApathetic
-James

Good side please vote in Lime
Evil side please vote in Red
Vote retractions in orange please
Rule questions in Yellow please.

hesthefastest on

• Options
    edited February 2008
    Rules:
    SuperPower Phalla:
    Okay, heres how this is going to go down. You register below, either on the side of good or the side of evil. Every player in the game has a secret super power. Every day, a world event will warrant one representative of each side to try to sway the event for their side. Each team will vote for one of theirs to go. Meeting there, the two representatives will battle, based on their powers, one will win, winning that day for their side, or both will die, where the day will be a draw. Anyone participating in an event will have their powers disclosed to all. After ten (10) events, whichever side won the most events wins, or if one side loses all their team or cannot win for some reason, ill call it.

Im half expecting a complete clusterfuck, but lets see how it goes. I dont think these rules are super important, but ive seen them in all the others, so what the hell. (copied from rules thread)

You may not communicate regarding the game with someone who is dead, unless there is some specific mechanic in place to do so. In that case, communication normally goes through the narrator.

You may not use any anonymous method of communication to discuss the game. Forum-based PMs, external IMs, and e-mails are allowed as long as the person you are talking to knows who you are.

You may not use screencaps to "prove" anything to anyone.

Some notes:
    -Both teams are as even as I could make them, but they are not symetrical.
    -You will know who is on the good team and who is on the evil team, but not where their allegiance lies.
    -The secrecy of your power is important, be cautious with it.
    -Yes, both teams will use the same thread to post, its because everyone communicates through a common worldwide medium in the universe of the Phalla, or some shit like that, just deal with it.
    -To deter last minute voting, all votes must be in before 11pm my time (Pacific Standard Time i believe), if that is a major problem with your schedule, maybe you shouldnt sign up.
    -If there is anything that you find that would break the game, just dont do it, this is my first Phalla and I dont think ive analysed every single angle. Use discretion and have fun.
    -You can vote for yourself
    -A player may fight as many times he is voted for.
    -If two players have the same amount of votes, the one who reached the amount first will win.

Day 1
    The world is shocked by the discovery of people with extraordinary abilities. Unsure of the ramifications of the revelation, the world's governments have chosen to meet at a UN Summit to discuss the matter. This political event will set the stage for the new world. The Good side has chosen Gumpy to fight the good fight, while the Evil side has chosen Precisionk by a slim margin to stir some shit up.

Battle!
    t_UltimateCapm_a7daab7.jpg

Meeting at the UN summit, the two representatives stare each other down for what seems like an eternity. The tension is pulpable, which is totally worse than palpable, as the world leaders circle around them. "The day is mine!" yells Precisionk, "for I am THE SHADOW!" And with that, he leaps through a shadow on the ground, reappearing inches away from Gumpy. Using the element of Surprise (atomic weight 65.4 g/M), The Shadow lands a fierce blow on Gumpy's face. As blood trickles out his nose, Gumpy cries out: "I am Captain Freedom! You think this letter on my head stands for fucktard?" Using his super strength and speed, Captain Freedom latches onto Precisionk's wrist and sends him flying into a wall. Quickly bearing down on his opponent, Captain Freedom lines himself up for the final crushing blow. Sensing the inevitability of his defeat, The Shadow deftly falls into a shadow behind him, reappearing miles away battered and depressed, but alive. Knowing he has won the day, Captain Freedom enters the UN Summit and discusses plans for a fair handling of people with extraordinary abilities.

Good side wins the day!
    -note: Precisionk fled the battle because of his powers, not all players have that option

Day 2:
    A broader discussion of recent events has been stalled by an incredibly large hurricane bearing down the Italian coastline. Both sides easily selected their representatives, secure in their ability to win the day. DasUberEdward was selected for Good, and BoredGamer was selected for Evil.

Battle!
    t_Day2picm_85c7e28.jpg
    note: this is the most random graphic of all time

BoredGamer menacingly awaits the arrival of his opponent, but after a while, he hops onto the WorldNet to see what the hell is going on. He finds a message from DasUberEdward:
    "Omygod! Omygod! Guys, Im so sorry, but Im in a super bind here. I cant really talk about it, but my family needs some help! But you cant go to the police! You just cant! Theyll kill'em! They said I was to leave Italy alone, and ... I dont see anything I can do ... im sorry."
    This made BoredGamer mad, but then again, everything makes him mad, hes the fucking PSYCHOPATH!!! With no opponent to challenge him, he challenges himself ... to set a personal face eating record. Through the harsh wind and rain, the terrified Italians can just make out BoredGamer's icey voice: "twenty-eight, twenty-nine, thirty!"

Evil wins the day.
    note: DasUberEdward cannot be a representative until his family is released

Day 3:
    The world stands agast at the horror that was laid upon Italy, but they are simply baffled by recent news of an Apple and Microsoft merger. The Good side, through some confusion, elected Quid. The Evil side changed course halfway through and elected EvilBob.

Battle!
    t_day3m_8e75f14.jpg
    see, its an evidence bag with a bloody briefcase in it, you get it.

Both Quid and EvilBob arrive at the unlikely financial event ready to throw down. Completely in the metaphorical sense to Quid, as he is the Bald Guy in a Wheelchair! His mental powers are great and he unleashes his most devastating mental attack: "Consider this evil one! By promoting tyrranical business practices, you harm yourself, as you are a consumer in the system just like everyone else." "What, do you think I'm an idiot?" retorts EvilBob. "Well, I was kinda hoping" Quid mutters weakly. "I am the CEO, my financial prowess easily defeats your peabrained mental attacks" says EvilBob, "Consume this!"

And with that, EvilBob casually walks over to Quid's wheelchair and bashes his head in with his briefcase.
    "Well, I guess that case is closed...
    I guess that was simply poor financial planning on his part...
    I guess he is, in the red!"
    And completing the three requisite quips, the CEO double stamps his application for day victory and applies it in triplicate.

Evil wins the day!

Day 4:

Moonmen invade earth! Attempting some trickiness, the Good team had their votes shifting from one minute to the next, eventually they chose Frosteey to lead them into battle. There was also some confusion on the Evil side, but El Skid was selected with little problem.

Battle!
    t_day4m_43679ef.gif

With the invading moonmen flying in their bubble ships overhead, Frosteey and El Skid have to battle each other, before they battle the invaders. Using his military genius, El Skid prepares a juggernaut of tanks, fighter planes and Blackwater mercenaries to follow his every command. Frosteey pipes up: "Hey, Evil General! Before you atomize me, I need to show you something!" His curiosity piqued, El Skid gives him ninety secondes and tells him to make it good. With little time, Frosteey strangles a kitten, pushes over a granny and buys a Ricky Martin album. "Wait a second" says El Skid, "are you evil?!?" "You're darn right I am!" responds Frosteey, "Lets team up and blow some shit up!"

And with that, the two representatives work out a deal with the Moonmen. For every continent they help them invade, they'll get an island shaped like their head! The power of cooperation!

Evil wins the day.

Day 5:
    Superpowered reality tv! Survivoresque voting eventually resulted in Unearthly Stew coming up for the Good side. After some initial indecision, Bored Gamer is again voted to do his thing.

Battle!
    t_day5m_8323494.jpg

[we turn to this program already in progress]
    "...face me? I am the Psychopath! I am going to make your last moments unbearable, and the whole world will watch" "No you're not" says Unearthly Stew, "I have seen it, you will die. This is for you" He produces a regular playing card, holding it like a shield, it is the Ace of Spades with a skull painted on it. "This is bullshit!" yells the Psychopath. "I am the Fortune Teller! This card is your future!" Bored Gamer clamps his hands over his ears, shaking his head violently, "No!". Unearthly Stew takes a step closer, reassuringly he says: "Come forward and accept your destiny." Shaking all over, the Psychopath walks forward and places a hand on the death card. He is transfixed as the Fortune Teller places a comforting hand on his shoulder. She leans in to whisper into his ear: "We make our own fortune motherfucker", and slips a dagger into his heart.

Good wins the day.

Day 6:
    An artifact of great power has been found in the mountains of Oceania. Both teams race to be the one to claim it. Good team waited until the last second to elect Ultarune. Miscommunication resulted in a tie for the Evil team, and since JamesKeegan was the first to receive three votes, its his show.

Battle!
    t_day6m_3d4f4ab.jpg

A boy and a man approach a black box. The boy, JamesKeegan, is not a boy, but a monster. The man, Ultarune, is a man, but something more. The Demon Boy shows his true form, a animal of horn and teeth and claw. Ultarune shows his true form, a being of true light, a True Hero giving all for the cause of Good. Though the monster is a supreme fighter, he cannot withstand the brightness of Ultarune's sacrifice. Heavenly light pours forth from his chest, until both are no more.

The UN later finds the artifact, a box that destroys all that is put inside. They call it a memory hole and use it to dispose of the world's radioactive waste.

Good team wins the day!

Day 7:
    All the world feels threatened when the nation of Micronesia gets the bomb. Both teams easily selected their representatives: TehSpectre for Good, El Skid for Evil.

Battle!
    t_day7m_fdad44d.jpg
    TehSpectre opens by saying: "I know why they chose you El SKid, they think this is a military situation. But, If you think about it, this is quite obviously a political event. Nuclear arms are so rarely used militarily, their main power is the political weight they bring to international relations. So, you see, being the master of political situations, I'm going to win here."
    "Yeah, you're probably right. Seriously though, I just came here for these" El Skid says, patting a stack nukes. "So, I'm just gonna load these up into my plane and get outta here"
    "You know I cant let you do that." TehSpectre replies.
    "Dont worry, I left you one"
    El Skid points to a beeping nuke as he drives off.
    "Aw crap!"

Evil wins the day!

Day8:
    The world is focused on the new Iraqui elections. Good must fight for democracy, Evil must support anarchy. Low voting on the Good side selected Greeper to fight. Equally low voting on the Evil side selected Oatway over PrecisionK, since he received two votes first.

Battle!
    t_day8m_fb2a5bd.jpg

Both fighters make their way to the hostile Iraqui elections. Greeper wields the traditional weaponary of his order; the sword and shield, for he is the Shining Knight! His weapons may be antiquated, but he has trained with them since his birth, but his true strength lies in his heart. Oatway has no heart, he is a pure mental being, he uses his intellect to further his own ends. The end he is seeking right now is Greeper's.
    "You will lose this battle, Greeper! I will crush your mind to suit my whim!"
    "My heart and mind are pure, you will not defeat me" replies Greeper; "I could easily end you evil one, but I offer you a chance. Purify your heart and join us! Ye be a strange creature, but surely you have a soul"
    "I have no soul, I have logic"
    "How logical is it to die seeking evil?"
    "... I ... see no other choice. What must I do?"

And the Shining Knight and the Brain in a Vat discussed for hours the logic of helping others, of self-sacrifice and of Good. By the end of the day, Democracy had been helped along in Iraq, and no small part thanks to Oatway.

Good wins the day!

hesthefastest on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I would sign up if it were less than 16 days, ended at a reasonable time or at all resembled a game of Mafia.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    when is this meant to start? 'cause I'm doing the phalla in CF and I suck at managing one let alone too. if it's a few days away I'm interested.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    When each team selects who's going to face off and decide which team wins for the day and who dies, how does this work?

Obviously you can't give us too much, I'm just looking for a more general idea of is the winner automatic based on the two people's abilities and any other abilities or factors in play, or are you expected to be more proactive (get creative and argue why you would win, come up with a scenario, or something like that).

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    werehippy wrote: »
    When each team selects who's going to face off and decide which team wins for the day and who dies, how does this work?

Obviously you can't give us too much, I'm just looking for a more general idea of is the winner automatic based on the two people's abilities and any other abilities or factors in play, or are you expected to be more proactive (get creative and argue why you would win, come up with a scenario, or something like that).

Basically, each player has a Attack rank, whoevers is higher will win, unless another power comes into play. Some powers are amplified due to the event, some powers beat higher Attack ranks, some powers automatically win. It will seem ambiguous, but there is a mechanic behind each battle. A major element of the game is to determine people's powers so you can match people up in your favour.

Also, I shortened the time to ten days because I just realised 16 is pretty ridiculous.

Any other problems I can sort out, let me know.

hesthefastest on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    fuck it

!sign up, 18

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    UltaruneUltarune Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    !sign up 1

Ultarune on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This sounds odd.

!sign up for spot 24, my birthday!

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    !Sign up for 13 'cause my coin came up tails.

Oats on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    !Sign Up 20 please!!

Evil all the way, yes? Hehehehe

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    !Sign up for 7.

werehippy on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    !Sign up #5

Frosteey on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    !Sign up for #2.

It'll be nice to have a phalla not filled with secrecy and deceit and backstabbing.

Well, for the most part I'm assuming.

Quid on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    !sign up for #19 b/c it's the season for incredibly slow games.

Squashua on
  • Options
    BoredGamerBoredGamer Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    ]!sign up for number 16

BoredGamer on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    !sign up for #17

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    wawkinwawkin Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    22 Cuz I'm eeeeebbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbwuuuuullllllllll.

wawkin on
    Talkin to the robbery expert.

"This is where I say something profound and you bow, so lets just skip to your part."
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Oooo...!Sign up for 21, cause I have extra time this week

El Skid on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

That evil-door Drez should not go unopposed!

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

I'm not a "door" but I might hit you in the ass on your way out, friend.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Drez wrote: »

Yes, you don't know this yet, but your super power is open up into another room, sometimes outside.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Yes, you don't know this yet, but your super power is open up into another room, sometimes outside.

Half of me will be frozen stiff!

Drez on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    You know who suck? Team Evil.

Emo bitches they are.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Quid wrote: »

Emo bitches they are.

You won't be saying that when we crush you guys AND we do away with Valentine's Day.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Emo bitches they are.

You won't be saying that when we crush you guys AND we do away with Valentine's Day.
    Emo bitches they are.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Half of me will be frozen stiff!

What really makes you evil though, is that you intentionally jam on people. Asshat!

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

Emo bitches they are.

Emo bitches they are.

Fuck, you got me.

Luckily, my tears are poison. So I kill my crying. My superpower.

Actually that could make a good comic book. The Emotionals. Like Watchmen, but a lot Hot Topickier.

Drez on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

In brightest day, in darkest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight.
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Greep Lantern's light!

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Shine it on the emo!

Quid on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I don't do Phallas but I like superpowers.

I thought Phallas were about trying to find out who the Evil People were in a larger group? How does this thing work?

Scooter on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    !sign up #23

BECAUSE I AM EVIL AT HEART.

precisionk on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited February 2008

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Wow. Team evil is...full of evil people :o

El Skid on
  • Options
    wawkinwawkin Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    El Skid wrote: »

Startling really.

wawkin on
    Talkin to the robbery expert.

"This is where I say something profound and you bow, so lets just skip to your part."
  • Options
    BoredGamerBoredGamer Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

I object to this.

I am only slightly evil.

BoredGamer on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Scooter wrote: »
    I don't do Phallas but I like superpowers.

I thought Phallas were about trying to find out who the Evil People were in a larger group? How does this thing work?

That is how it traditionally works. In this case it seems to focus less on hunting out the small group(s) of bad guys, and more on game theory. You know what you can do, and everyone in your group knows what they can do, but know one wants to tell anyone (because there are almost certainly moles/mind control/leaks of some kind) and if the other side knows what you can do they can always beat you.

So its less trying to be stealthy about your alliances, and more about trying to be stealthy about your side while finding out everything you can about the others.

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    OP needs more spaces. :D

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    BoredGamer wrote: »