As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Ordered some Chinese to go

1343537394047

Posts

  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. boom Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    What card destroys locations? What card destroys secrets besides that SI:7 chick?

    location destroyer is a neutral 4 mana 4/4, wouldn't really make a dent right now as its stats are low and all of the Good Locations right now are ones that get big advantage the turn you play them

    there are no secret-destroying cards in standard beyond the SI7 card

    liEt3nH.png
    Alphagaiaemnmnme
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Ugh, I got Murloc Holmes as my level 20 track legendary. :(

    So free legendary? Or has the window on that one passed?
    Nope, it's just regular-ass Holmes. 400 dust.

    I was able to disenchant it for a 'free' legendary, but maybe that's because I got it before I bought the XP Track upgrade.

    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

    Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

    See my profile here!
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    theotar might be the most tilting card in recent memory

    why yes, i WILL trade my innervate for your denathrius

    forty
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Ugh, I got Murloc Holmes as my level 20 track legendary. :(

    So free legendary? Or has the window on that one passed?
    Nope, it's just regular-ass Holmes. 400 dust.

    I was able to disenchant it for a 'free' legendary, but maybe that's because I got it before I bought the XP Track upgrade.
    I don't buy the paid XP track, so it won't be worth full value.

    Officially the unluckiest CCG player ever.
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited August 5
    Never go full Imp.

    Screenshot-20220805-181738.png

    He wasn't able to play anything else after I just went face and stalled.

    Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

    Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

    See my profile here!
    The JudgeemnmnmekimeShadowhope
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII Registered User regular
    Ok having some decision paralysis. I've got dust to burn and I want to craft another legendary for my frost mage deck. I am actually trying to do something a little more proactive and not just "freeze board forever." I want to be pressuring life totals throughout the game. So I'm trying to figure out one legendary to add, before going crafting crazy. I think maybe one of these four:

    - Varden Dawngrasp
    - Magister Dawngrasp
    - Mordresh
    - Commander Sivara

    Battletag: Threeve#1501
    PSN: Threeve703
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. boom Registered User regular
    the first answer, is to craft whichever one makes you go "heheheh....HEHEHE" when you think about them, because that's the most important component to playing a successful deck

    the second answer is that the dawngrasps are probably the most versatile when it comes to fitting them into other decks you might want to play later in the year

    liEt3nH.png
    AlphagaiaShadowhope
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    I would go for either Dawngrasp but since you don't want to go full freeze I feel Magister is your choice. Use skeletons as your wincondition, and Magister for more spells and a hero power that upgrades.

    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

    Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

    See my profile here!
    forty
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII Registered User regular
    the first answer, is to craft whichever one makes you go "heheheh....HEHEHE" when you think about them, because that's the most important component to playing a successful deck

    I mean... the deck already makes me do that. There is nothing quite like nuking my own board of skeletons to deal tons of damage and then refilling the board with skeletons.

    It does seem like either Magister or Mordresh are the best choices for what I want to do.

    Battletag: Threeve#1501
    PSN: Threeve703
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Ok having some decision paralysis. I've got dust to burn and I want to craft another legendary for my frost mage deck. I am actually trying to do something a little more proactive and not just "freeze board forever." I want to be pressuring life totals throughout the game. So I'm trying to figure out one legendary to add, before going crafting crazy. I think maybe one of these four:

    - Varden Dawngrasp
    - Magister Dawngrasp
    - Mordresh
    - Commander Sivara
    Magister is the best of those.

    Officially the unluckiest CCG player ever.
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Bran and Theotar = No Kel or Mordresh.

    f4ce122e6xhm.jpg

    It's Habugabu's deck. You can evolve, cheat out Murlocs, freeze, and double up on Denathrius. Take your pick.

    ### Greedy
    # Class: Shaman
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Hydra
    #
    # 2x (1) Muck Pools
    # 2x (1) Schooling
    # 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
    # 1x (2) Bolner Hammerbeak
    # 1x (2) Firemancer Flurgl
    # 2x (2) Sleetbreaker
    # 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
    # 2x (3) Brilliant Macaw
    # 2x (3) Clownfish
    # 1x (3) Cookie the Cook
    # 1x (3) Murloc Holmes
    # 2x (3) Primal Dungeoneer
    # 2x (3) Primordial Wave
    # 1x (3) Prince Renathal
    # 1x (4) Theotar, the Mad Duke
    # 2x (5) Command of Neptulon
    # 2x (5) Famished Fool
    # 2x (5) Gorloc Ravager
    # 1x (6) Kael'thas Sinstrider
    # 2x (6) Snowfall Guardian
    # 1x (7) Glugg the Gulper
    # 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
    # 1x (8) Bru'kan of the Elements
    # 2x (9) Insatiable Devourer
    # 2x (10) Goldshire Gnoll
    # 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
    #
    AAECAfe5Agyo7gOm7wOG+gOkgQTDkQTptgTp0ASY1AS42QSX7wS+8AS/8AQO4+4DxvkD04AEuZEElZIE1bIE4LUEssEExc4Exs4EtdkEttkE4O0EvPAEAA==


    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    fortyGoodKingJayIIIAlphagaia
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    The Internet:
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Played around with imp warlock

    If you can get your location card early you will have a hard time losing especially against druids who ramp and don't answer your board until you smack them for lethal with a 15+ attack imp gang boss

    Deck is fairly straightforward to play and has a lot of high roll potential
    Me:
    Get stomped on by Shaman who kills me with a full board of murlocs on turn 5
    Get stomped on by a deathrattle Rogue who cheated out a 1/1 Neptulon and then later 2 1/1 Neptulons (did you know that when 1 of the 2 Neptulons attacked, all available hands attacked? That's as many as 4 hands!)
    Get stomped on by a Priest who sent my whole board into my deck and then rapidly built an even bigger board (with some of my own stolen cards)

  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited August 5
    Beasteh wrote: »
    theotar might be the most tilting card in recent memory

    why yes, i WILL trade my innervate for your denathrius

    Theotar is essentially turning the game into Luckstone. Either I hit their wincon and win the game or they hit mine and they win.

    edit: Seriously, between Theo and Mutanus combined with my bad luck, my wincon literally always gets eaten/taken

    ObiFett on
    Beastehfortylwt1973
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited August 5
    Yeah I've switched away from playing denathrius decks because it just gets eaten a depressing amount of the time

    I'm pretty confident once it's refined mage will be top dog, ping freeze control is ridiculous

    Beasteh on
  • Airking850Airking850 Registered User regular
    I just popped back into Hearthstone after a few years of MTG Arena - journey to un'goro was my heyday - and it might get its claws in me. How good/bad is the game's economy right now, on a scale of LoR to MTGA? Do one or two decks take over the ladder on any given month or are the classes relatively well balanced?

    So far my experience has been getting a free deck, picking murloc Warlock because it seemed like a safe choice, thinking "oh wow this is great, they made a zoo deck that isn't just putting minions on board and watching them get bigger", then getting crushed by an imp warlock who jammed minions and watched them get bigger. And imp warlock is a strong contender now I hear? Despair.

  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    LoR economy is kind of an unbeatable comparison. I've spent $0 on that game and have enough resources on hand to craft every card they're going to print until like 2025.

    HS economy is a bit of a mix (for constructed at least, battlegrounds is functionally free). They do a rewards track thing now, so if you consistently play you can get by as F2P, but you need to do all your quests all the time. I find $300 a year gets me everything I want and more.

    They just released a new set on Tuesday, so no one really knows what balance is like, and aggressive decks like Implock tend to feast on unrefined metas. Balance has been decent but not great for the last year or so imo, and Blizz has taken a more proactive approach to balance recently.

    It usually goes
    Release
    Patch at 2 weeks
    Patch at 4 weeks
    Supplementary release of 20ish cards at 8 weeks
    Patch at 10 weeks
    Next release at 16 weeks.

    The level of variety you see is heavily reliant on what level of skill you play at. High Diamond is the most cutthroat where you end up with like 60%+ of people playing top tier decks, but it's much more relaxed lower down or once you're into Legend.

    As far as Implock in particular, it's also an extremely cheap deck if you wanted to pivot. Rafaam is the only key legendary, Okani is really just a tech card, and Impending Catastrophe is the only epic. If it's still clowning on the competition in 2 weeks it'll be addressed in the patch, so you could also just wait until then and see what seems decent at the time.

    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    fortyShadowhope
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Yeah I've switched away from playing denathrius decks because it just gets eaten a depressing amount of the time

    I'm pretty confident once it's refined mage will be top dog, ping freeze control is ridiculous

    I'm not even playing denathrius! I'm playing a DH Relic Quest deck

  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    40 card quest hunter kind of dunks on mage

    oh what's that you're gonna freeze my board? that i don't have?

  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Played my first expansion deck yesterday. Spooky Scary Skeleton mage is pretty fun and feels like it has a good amount of decision making.

    Officially the unluckiest CCG player ever.
    Shadowhope
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited August 7
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Yeah I've switched away from playing denathrius decks because it just gets eaten a depressing amount of the time

    I'm pretty confident once it's refined mage will be top dog, ping freeze control is ridiculous

    I'm not even playing denathrius! I'm playing a DH Relic Quest deck

    I really like the Relics, do you have a fun list you want to share?

    Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

    Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

    See my profile here!
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    wig priest, meet insatiable devourer

    PFoPNjN.png?1

    AlphagaiaElvenshae
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    At least in my pocket dimension it's Druidstone. I think half my opponents yesterday were Druid.

    Doesn't look like it's the best by the stats, but people sure love playing it, probably because it just gets to do such crazy stuff if you can't kill it very quickly.

    Officially the unluckiest CCG player ever.
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    druid mage hunter and warlock are clearly the four big classes to beat early in the meta, shaman is closely behind

    warrior and demon hunter don't exist, priest is kind of ok, paladin doesn't play new cards from what i've seen

    forty
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Looks like Jackpot Rogue is still effective if you get as lucky as my opponents do.

    Officially the unluckiest CCG player ever.
    ShadowhopeElvenshae
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

    Naga Priest is one of my favourite standard decks in a while, and feels very, very strong. Barring a sudden shift in the meta or massive nerfs, I expect that this is what I’ll pilot to Legend this month. The matchup against Warlock is filthy. They actively aid and abet T4 lethals against them, summoning 1/1s that feed Shadow Word: Devour.

    1x (0) Priestess Valishj
    2x (1) Serpent Wig
    2x (1) Shadow Word: Devour
    1x (1) Shard of the Naaru
    2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
    2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
    2x (2) Bless
    2x (2) Murkwater Scribe
    2x (2) Radiant Elemental
    2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
    2x (3) Cathedral of Atonement
    2x (3) Handmaiden
    1x (3) Pelagos
    2x (3) Treasure Guard
    1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
    2x (4) Boon of the Ascended
    1x (4) Najak Hexxen
    1x (4) Partner in Crime

    Code: AAECAdCLBQb76AOH9wOLowSJsgTz2wT62wQMrYoEhKMEiaME7bEEiLIEpLYEp7YEh7cEssEE9dME9NsEhoMFAA==

    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    forty
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited August 8
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Yeah I've switched away from playing denathrius decks because it just gets eaten a depressing amount of the time

    I'm pretty confident once it's refined mage will be top dog, ping freeze control is ridiculous

    I'm not even playing denathrius! I'm playing a DH Relic Quest deck

    I really like the Relics, do you have a fun list you want to share?

    Yeah, I've been tweaking it a bit as the meta has shifted and here's where I'm at now.

    ### Fel Relic Quest
    # Class: Demon Hunter
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Hydra
    #
    # 1x (1) Crimson Sigil Runner
    # 1x (1) Final Showdown
    # 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
    # 2x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
    # 2x (2) Chaos Strike
    # 2x (2) Fel Barrage
    # 2x (2) Multi-Strike
    # 2x (2) Relic of Extinction
    # 2x (2) Spectral Sight
    # 2x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
    # 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
    # 1x (3) Eye Beam
    # 1x (3) Prince Renathal
    # 2x (3) Relic of Phantasms
    # 2x (3) Relic Vault
    # 2x (4) Flanking Maneuver
    # 2x (4) School Teacher
    # 1x (4) Theotar, the Mad Duke
    # 2x (5) Need for Greed
    # 1x (5) Queen Azshara
    # 2x (5) Relic of Dimensions
    # 2x (5) Topple the Idol
    # 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
    # 1x (8) Artificer Xy'mox
    # 1x (8) Jace Darkweaver
    #
    AAECAdKLBQr39gON9wOHiwSzoATsoATbuQSY1AS42QSq3QSX7wQPwvEDifcDivcDyIAE+JQEg58Etp8EtKAEjrAElrcEvsoEr94EsN4EquIEheUEAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone


    It plays like a control deck. I dont focus on completing the quest. The main value of it is when steps are completed and my hand gets discounted. I end up putting massive pressure in late midgame with Phantasms. And pull off insane turns with super discounted cards using Xymox or Dimensions. Finisher is usually Jace. Especially if I get to Brann him. Brann + Theo is great for facing other control decks. Use Azshara to duplicate Relics and use School Teacher to discover Relics. Use brann with those as well. Hell, Brann is great with almost every minion in the deck.

    ObiFett on
    Alphagaia
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I just Bran+Theo'd this Warlock with only 5 cards in their hand and was given the option of three garbage cards. Then the second time the same 2 garbage cards and the one I just traded to him.

    Turns out, he had Denathrius in his hand. coolcool game

    forty
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited August 8
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Yeah I've switched away from playing denathrius decks because it just gets eaten a depressing amount of the time

    I'm pretty confident once it's refined mage will be top dog, ping freeze control is ridiculous

    I'm not even playing denathrius! I'm playing a DH Relic Quest deck

    I really like the Relics, do you have a fun list you want to share?

    Yeah, I've been tweaking it a bit as the meta has shifted and here's where I'm at now.
    ### Fel Relic Quest
    # Class: Demon Hunter
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Hydra
    #
    # 1x (1) Crimson Sigil Runner
    # 1x (1) Final Showdown
    # 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
    # 2x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
    # 2x (2) Chaos Strike
    # 2x (2) Fel Barrage
    # 2x (2) Multi-Strike
    # 2x (2) Relic of Extinction
    # 2x (2) Spectral Sight
    # 2x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
    # 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
    # 1x (3) Eye Beam
    # 1x (3) Prince Renathal
    # 2x (3) Relic of Phantasms
    # 2x (3) Relic Vault
    # 2x (4) Flanking Maneuver
    # 2x (4) School Teacher
    # 1x (4) Theotar, the Mad Duke
    # 2x (5) Need for Greed
    # 1x (5) Queen Azshara
    # 2x (5) Relic of Dimensions
    # 2x (5) Topple the Idol
    # 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
    # 1x (8) Artificer Xy'mox
    # 1x (8) Jace Darkweaver
    #
    AAECAdKLBQr39gON9wOHiwSzoATsoATbuQSY1AS42QSq3QSX7wQPwvEDifcDivcDyIAE+JQEg58Etp8EtKAEjrAElrcEvsoEr94EsN4EquIEheUEAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone


    It plays like a control deck. I dont focus on completing the quest. The main value of it is when steps are completed and my hand gets discounted. I end up putting massive pressure in late midgame with Phantasms. And pull off insane turns with super discounted cards using Xymox or Dimensions. Finisher is usually Jace. Especially if I get to Brann him. Brann + Theo is great for facing other control decks. Use Azshara to duplicate Relics and use School Teacher to discover Relics. Use brann with those as well. Hell, Brann is great with almost every minion in the deck.

    @Alphagaia Here are some games with it

    Dena Druid: https://hsreplay.net/replay/7cK46onn7ZSo48v4ypYMoc
    Dena Shaman: https://hsreplay.net/replay/hoNWECtmDnmtoZCZ6VivN3
    Imp Warlock: https://hsreplay.net/replay/gTtYRjueTCcRYdFH5G5LMd
    Skeleton Mage: https://hsreplay.net/replay/HqxLm9KWgTgsCYm3dzjTkg
    Evolve Shaman: https://hsreplay.net/replay/Fdq6mzmFZGR26e5U94rHU7
    Quest Priest: https://hsreplay.net/replay/AUonzhcoujsAUmbmjcBWkp

    ObiFett on
    Alphagaia
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited August 8
    Thanks! I'll give it a spin for a few games to see how I like it.

    In the meantime, I'm smelling dad Legend already with a big Shaman deck and having tons of fun. It's fast, sturdy and the big boys feel very rewarding to blow out the opponents card, wether they are in hand or in play!

    ### Notorious B.I.G
    # Class: Shaman
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Hydra
    #
    # 2x (1) Muck Pools
    # 2x (1) Schooling
    # 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
    # 1x (2) Bolner Hammerbeak
    # 1x (2) Firemancer Flurgl
    # 2x (2) Sleetbreaker
    # 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
    # 2x (3) Brilliant Macaw
    # 2x (3) Clownfish
    # 1x (3) Cookie the Cook
    # 1x (3) Murloc Holmes
    # 2x (3) Primal Dungeoneer
    # 2x (3) Primordial Wave
    # 1x (3) Prince Renathal
    # 1x (4) Theotar, the Mad Duke
    # 2x (5) Command of Neptulon
    # 2x (5) Famished Fool
    # 2x (5) Gorloc Ravager
    # 1x (6) Kael'thas Sinstrider
    # 2x (6) Snowfall Guardian
    # 1x (7) Glugg the Gulper
    # 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
    # 1x (8) Bru'kan of the Elements
    # 2x (9) Insatiable Devourer
    # 2x (10) Goldshire Gnoll
    # 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
    #
    AAECAdrGBAyo7gOm7wOG+gOkgQTDkQTptgTp0ASY1AS42QSX7wS+8AS/8AQO4+4DxvkD04AEuZEElZIE1bIE4LUEssEExc4Exs4EtdkEttkE4O0EvPAEAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

    Edit: first game with Sigils: dealt 25 in one turn damage to a Mage. Hilarious.

    Edit 2: second versus a Shaman, won with just regular beat down and control. I don't think this deck benefits much from the quest though...

    Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

    Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

    See my profile here!
    ObiFett
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Thanks! I'll give it a spin for a few games to see how I like it.

    Edit: first game with Sigils: dealt 25 in one turn damage to a Mage. Hilarious.

    Edit 2: second versus a Shaman, won with just regular beat down and control. I don't think this deck benefits much from the quest though...

    Quest just makes it feel more smooth. Discounting a bunch of drawn cards snowballs into more discounted drawn cards and feels like grease for the engine. You could be right that it doesn't need it though.

  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited August 8
    Alphagaia wrote: »

    Edit: first game with Sigils: dealt 25 in one turn damage to a Mage. Hilarious.

    Just had a game like that too: https://hsreplay.net/replay/gPZ7J3PJphBsPduRe6Q7HS

    36 damage to face on turn 10, while pressuring most of the game

    ObiFett on
    Alphagaia
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited August 8
    Switched over to ladder for a quick game of ladder with Big Shaman and boy, Kael'thas Sinstrider into Bolner Hammerbeak into Sire Denathrius punted that poor Priest into Pluto's orbit.

    Just winstreaked into Dad Legend over the back of a poor spooky mage which I stole his win conditions from, woot woot! This deck is so versatile!


    Back to sigils and see if I like it with or without Quest.

    Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

    Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

    See my profile here!
    ObiFett
  • Airking850Airking850 Registered User regular
    Is the throne of the tides mini set worth the 2000 gold? Seems like a sweet deal but I'm not sure if any of the cards are good.

  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited August 8
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Switched over to ladder for a quick game of ladder with Big Shaman and boy, Kael'thas Sinstrider into Bolner Hammerbeak into Sire Denathrius punted that poor Priest into Pluto's orbit.

    Just winstreaked into Dad Legend over the back of a poor spooky mage which I stole his win conditions from, woot woot! This deck is so versatile!


    Back to sigils and see if I like it with or without Quest.

    New Record, 60 damage to face on turn 11: https://hsreplay.net/replay/MTwfHru2jVE2kh6KWfdKGz

    Was helped by their druid puzzle box casting Celestial Alignment. Basically making everything I drew cost 0.

    ObiFett on
    Shadowhope
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. boom Registered User regular
    Airking850 wrote: »
    Is the throne of the tides mini set worth the 2000 gold? Seems like a sweet deal but I'm not sure if any of the cards are good.

    I would not call it particularly relevant to the meta in standard.

    liEt3nH.png
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited August 8
    ok, sorry for spamming the thread with game logs but this was an insane game: https://hsreplay.net/replay/jaTSHytdqJKGnwuS8s6qjL

    High/Lowlights:
    - My Brann + Theo missed their Denathrius in their hand, but I stole their Brann
    - Completed the DH Quest on turn 11 and couldnt play Kurtrus until turn 18
    - They Theo'd and got their Brann back
    - They got off a Brann'd 24 damage Dena and didn't win
    - Convoke the Spirits cast by me (THE DH) was the difference between a win and a loss

    ObiFett on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Do School Teacher relics cast at your current buff level? I was thinking maybe they'd suck like ranked spells casting at Rank 1, but I think that's kind of an exception based on the goofy mechanics of ranked spells.

    Officially the unluckiest CCG player ever.
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    They cast relics at the current buff level and buff your future relics.

    fortyAlphagaia
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Airking850 wrote: »
    Is the throne of the tides mini set worth the 2000 gold? Seems like a sweet deal but I'm not sure if any of the cards are good.
    It's probably the lowest overall value mini-set they've released so far. 3 of the the legendaries are bad to mediocre. Neptulon is basically only viable as a ramp Druid card.

    There are some pretty strong commons and rares, though.

    Officially the unluckiest CCG player ever.
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Switched over to ladder for a quick game of ladder with Big Shaman and boy, Kael'thas Sinstrider into Bolner Hammerbeak into Sire Denathrius punted that poor Priest into Pluto's orbit.

    Just winstreaked into Dad Legend over the back of a poor spooky mage which I stole his win conditions from, woot woot! This deck is so versatile!


    Back to sigils and see if I like it with or without Quest.

    New Record, 60 damage to face on turn 11: https://hsreplay.net/replay/MTwfHru2jVE2kh6KWfdKGz

    Was helped by their druid puzzle box casting Celestial Alignment. Basically making everything I drew cost 0.
    Man, Jace does not show well in hsreplay. Just a bunch of mystery effects happening for 30 seconds.

    Officially the unluckiest CCG player ever.
Sign In or Register to comment.