As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Perfect World] A very pretty free MMO you should check out if you're into free stuff

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The chatroom vaporized after I went offline? That is not useful. :?

Damn, I really should study some more, I'll get to lev20 later today.

And by the way, the PW site first looked exactly like WoW's, but they've updated to something that's harder to navigate. I try not to bother with it, but their forums contain a lot of info. For simple things it's worth checking out 1perfectworld.com

---

*edit: what about our guild name? I was thinking "Long Wang" (it means Dragon King, actually), friend of mine who is going to join our guild as well was suggesting: "Bull Pizzle", "Phallical Fallicies", "Pearly penile papules" or "Phalloi Rebels".

Aldo on
  • Options
    sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I find the forums at Asia PWorld to be immensely useful, with quest guides, builds, etc.

And I sent you a friend request under my main char Asmodea, Aldo - if only to see when you're online :).

sidhaethe on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Long Wang would fit the best for a PA guild though I'd think, and of course it oddly enough can be defended as not being a joke of coxdixlulz.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So I'm in this on Delphi as Liura. No idea where to get skills or how to go about finding better gear, but that's what the guides are for, I suppose.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    So I'm in this on Delphi as Liura. No idea where to get skills or how to go about finding better gear, but that's what the guides are for, I suppose.
    The pop-ups you get provide all info, if you can wade through the Engrish.

In short: gear can be bought at the merchants, found on mobs or received as quest rewards. You buy skills for skill points+gold at trainers. In Ethersword they are a bit hidden, there are two on the north side against the mountain wall and two on the south side. South side is easier: enter town through the southern gate, take the first right, past the auction house and horses, you will see a mailbox and some guys standing around, the ones close to the edge are the trainers.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I figured that you went about attaining gear the traditional way, but it's all a little bit confusing. You can craft stuff and get drops and quest rewards and whatever, but I have no idea what's going on sometimes, since the game doesn't necessarily communicate things very well, and I often wind up with an item that has a bunch of stats on it that I don't understand. So far, I'm just going with whatever has the biggest numbers on there. That's my general rule of thumb.

Thanks for the advice about the skills, too. I poked around and couldn't really find anything terribly helpful on the subject. The damage that some of these abilities do is pretty crazy. As a warrior, I can knock about a fourth or fifth of a mob's health bar clean off and then stick a bleed on there that does the same amount of damage over the rest of the fight. Pretty good times.

I'd like to optimize my character as well as I can, but I'm leveling pretty quickly off of quests. They give insane XP and I'm afraid that I'll waste time getting some decent stuff only to out-level it an hour or two later. I would like to use something with a bit more punch than the quest sword I got from finishing the starting village stuff, but I kill mobs quickly enough as it is. Guess I can wait.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Sounds like folks are having fun, this is good :) .
    I finished the huge download sometime early this morning, so after work I will get to install.

Looking forward to check this out. Free is good :) .

Selner on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I just saw someone who looked like Ivy, seething with the soft, purple power of ethereal hearts and flowers, dual-wielding two large axes and surfing around on a huge floating sword.

Fuck getting weapons that do, like, 1000+ max damage per swing, I want to ride on Sexcalibur, the Stretch Limo Blade of Love.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I just saw someone who looked like Ivy, seething with the soft, purple power of ethereal hearts and flowers, dual-wielding two large axes and surfing around on a huge floating sword.

Fuck getting weapons that do, like, 1000+ max damage per swing, I want to ride on Sexcalibur, the Stretch Limo Blade of Love.

Ok, that does it.

I'm in.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    NaloutoNalouto Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    going to give it a 2nd try.
    we need a PA guild fo sho.

Nalouto on
    :winky:
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Nalouto wrote: »
    going to give it a 2nd try.
    we need a PA guild fo sho.

From what I can tell from earlier in the thread, a PA guild is being worked on, but it has certain requirements that have to be met first.

Also, I have installed and am getting ready to log in the first time. Think I will make aWingElf Priest.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

That... is beyond words. I think I would have loved to been at the design table when the Devs were thinking up stuff like that. But I imagine I'd need to be able to understand Malaysian :) .

Selner on
  • Options
    KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So, someone teach me about this cultivation thing. I am guessing I missed a helping pop-up, or quest, or something about it because I am completely lost on what it is, and why I am needing it.
    I hit lvl 9 yesterday, went to train new skills, and all of them are telling me that my cultivation is too low.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    go talk to your local Master of Emptiness.

Aldo on
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Entaru wrote: »

Ok, that does it.

I'm in.

honestly, downloading as soon as I can.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Argh, so apparently IE doesn't do large downloads like that, and my download died at like the 3/4 point.

So I get to try again, this time with one of those download manager things.

Selner on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    You can easily create an abomination by messing with the face sliders in this game. Especially the eyes. It was horrifying.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Reminds me a lot of playing Lineage 2. Very enjoyable so far.

edit: Mind you, I only played L2 for a little while, towards the end of its beta period.

PW is much less of a grind.

Seg on
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Selner wrote: »
    Argh, so apparently IE doesn't do large downloads like that, and my download died at like the 3/4 point.

So I get to try again, this time with one of those download manager things.

I have a similar problem with big files, being that if my download speed spikes over 70 kb/s (when did the university connect get so needy?), the university decides I'm hogging too much bandwidth and cuts my internet for a few seconds, ruining any downloads in progress.

However, Utorrent and other such methods are perfectly fine with this method. There were like 200+ seeds for this, I want to say, so Its pretty fast as long as your network doesn't suck like mine.

All that being said, I'm patched and booting the game up for the first time!

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Well seems a good few people are on. Remember to add the people listed in the first post to your friendslist. I'm going to be hopping on Arthil now if anybody wants to chat.

Edit: Oh nice, this was on the info page for the patcher.

1.5 Drop Rate Event 15th Feb to 18th Feb, to celebrate the chinese new year. :o So... its a good time to start up, good timing eh?

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    yikes, server crash. D:

Aldo on
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    A very troublesome thing: If my game minimizes at all, it becomes 'click-through', to coin a phrase, which basically means If I click at all after maximizing it again, it will minimize and whatever I clicked on in the background (Firefox, Desktop, whatever) will "receive" the click instead.

Anyone had a similar problem?

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Okay I'm sold, bear on a bird? fuck yes. downloading and playing when i get home from work.

Edit: Okay, so it doesn't want to let me register. Keeps telling me to do something I am doing. Help?

NEVERMIND, worked when i did it in IE

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Bendery wrote: »
    Okay I'm sold, bear on a bird? fuck yes. downloading and playing when i get home from work.

Edit: Okay, so it doesn't want to let me register. Keeps telling me to do something I am doing. Help?
    I didn't have any problems, what is the error message?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Aldo wrote: »

I didn't have any problems, what is the error message?

Kept telling me to check availability of identity, even though the box was green with 'ID available' in nice black letters.

• Options
    edited February 2008
    Kept telling me to check availability of identity, even though the box was green with 'ID available' in nice black letters.
    Did you try something else, maybe the checker is lagging behind?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Okay this is pretty fucking awesome. I'm dissapointed that there is no rogue for the elf or any melee for the elf for that matter, so i went archer.

Name is Bendery (in light of tantrum being taken) female wingelf archer

• Options
    edited February 2008
    I'm liking this. Name is Nitlott, male human whatever so far.

METAzraeL on

• Options
    edited February 2008
    we have a guild now, thanks to 70k donated by McKenzie. We're called LongWang

Please contact Aldah, Althir or McKenzie in game or leave a message here.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Is it strange that I have played the game a few hours now and I have yet to try and explore the chat interface. Just running around killing stuff trying to do quests has been entertaining enough for me.

Seg on
  • Options
    MadroxMadrox NYRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    A very troublesome thing: If my game minimizes at all, it becomes 'click-through', to coin a phrase, which basically means If I click at all after maximizing it again, it will minimize and whatever I clicked on in the background (Firefox, Desktop, whatever) will "receive" the click instead.

Anyone had a similar problem?

Yes, yes a million times yes.

I play windowed mode now.

Oh and can I get a guild invite? WB Briggs and WR Reginald.

Madrox on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Aldo means ARTHIL by the way.

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Arthil wrote: »
    Aldo means ARTHIL by the way.

Well at least he spelled it right in the OP.

Seg on
  • Options
    Trevor GoodchildTrevor Goodchild Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Sigh, stop making me want to play this more guys, I have enough to play already. :| How does one fight the urge to ride around on a giant sword? Who do we contact to get in the guild by the way?

Trevor Goodchild on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Either me, Aldah or McKenzie in-game. I'm currently not online though >.>...

Arthil on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    How does one fight the urge to ride around on a giant sword?

One does not.

One succombs and rides the giant floating sword.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    NidaNida Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm (McKenzie) online in game, though kind of AFK, so if you whisper me, it may be a couple minutes.
    Otherwise I'm checking the forum periodically for anyone posting here for an invite.
    Don't forget to let me know your username though ^_^;

[AddeD] Well, server maintenance for an hour, so guess I'll getback on after that heh.

Nida on
  • Options
    Trevor GoodchildTrevor Goodchild Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I won't be on until later tonight, but I'll try to get a hold of one of you, my in game is "Haderen"

Trevor Goodchild on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Huh, I thought I was playing for a lot longer than that...definitely getting lost in it even though I'm just doing noob quests. I'll totally hit you guys up about the guild next time I'm on.

METAzraeL on

• Options
    edited February 2008
    Yeah the quests are pretty straight forward, my favorite part is that the whole 'Go collect penguin butts' sort of thing makes since, in that every penguin you kill, will have a butt.

Arthil on