As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

• eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Oh my God I'm in just to join the Maralago Raiders.

Totally. I can’t take credit for it as my buddy came up with it, but I am just hoping we have enough characters available for name to make it work.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    So, with Tower of Fantasy being more like a MMO, there appears to be specific servers. If people here are gonna try it out, might be worthwhile to pick one ahead of time?
    eMoander wrote: »
    Also current plan is to make the clan Maralago Raiders on Nightfall server. Nightfall may end up pretty crowded though as I’ve seen a lot of other guilds talking about it, so backup is Tempest or Radiant depending on queues and ping.

Edit: missed that. Putting it on the new page.

Doctor Detroit on
    So, with Tower of Fantasy being more like a MMO, there appears to be specific servers. If people here are gonna try it out, might be worthwhile to pick one ahead of time?
    eMoander wrote: »
    Also current plan is to make the clan Maralago Raiders on Nightfall server. Nightfall may end up pretty crowded though as I’ve seen a lot of other guilds talking about it, so backup is Tempest or Radiant depending on queues and ping.

Edit: missed that. Putting it on the new page.

Yeah, I'll try to post here asap after launch either way, but I think this is still accurate as our working plan. As with all MMO's its a balancing act as we want an active healthy server pop that can survive the inevitable after-launch decline, but we don't want to deal with queues in the short-term (and I want to make sure I get my name!). They also haven't provided any more detailed info on server locations (east vs west coast etc), so we might have to play it by ear if we get unlucky.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    My luck with the weapon banner continues.
    FZtLed7WQAAmwOS?format=jpg&name=large

Took me 141 wishes, apparently, but I got my Yoimiya and Thundering Pulse. Managed to avoid losing a 50/50 for Yoimiya and....is it still a 50/50 with the weapon banner? Technically a double 50/50, right? (First one to see if you get a featured weapon, second to pick which one you get) Honestly didn't expect it but I will take it.

So now I'm ready to go into Sumeru with the power of Fire.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    For weapon banner, it's first 75/25, then 50/50 to see which one of the two you'll get. So 37.5% chance to get your desired 5* weapon.

edited August 2022
    It's live early! Ended up on Radiant, 3000 person queues on Tempest and Nightfall. UID added to signature

If I'm reading the UI right, I seem to hovering around 45-50ms ping so that seems fine to stay here. I'm hesitant to jump out and try something else, since who knows what the queue is like now lol!

Edit2:
    Ha, my buddy tried to jump on after me and the queue is now at 2000 for Radiant. Hopefully it clears out quickly!

eMoander on
    Oh yessssss, good old day 1 MMO experience. Server errors and queues galore. Brings back a lot of old memories for sure.

I'll check again tomorrow I suppose.

• XantusXantus Registered User regular
    i couldn't even try to log in, since it seems the PC client download link has disappeared >.>

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Oh neat, didn't realize this thread existed. Seems a bunch of my friends are rolling on Observer though if things fall through with them I'm sure it's an easy swap.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Xantus wrote: »
    i couldn't even try to log in, since it seems the PC client download link has disappeared >.>

I thought the PC client was delayed until later this year?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Xantus wrote: »

I thought the PC client was delayed until later this year?

i found this link and it seems to work. i just finished the intro

Oh ok cool. Maybe it's just the Steam and Epic launchers that were delayed.

edited August 2022
    Oh man, I won the gacha. Got Crow on my guaranteed 30 pull on the reg banner. Then managed a double nemesis/king on the limited banner. Nemesis first so I should still have the guarantee next time too. I got so excited I shut down my phone instead of screenshotting though :(. Honestly my first three pulls is probably the best dps set in the game right now, not sure how I managed that.

Anyways, clan is made and you’re all welcome to join. I do have to say the combat is way better than genshin but the tiny ui is killing my old eyes.

Edit:
    Not the money shot, but at least some proof!
    37z34vmha4at.jpeg

eMoander on
    Played an hour earlier today and liked it, then had to do other stuff. Now I tried to log back in and there's 2500 queue and estimated 21 hours wait - all Euro servers are red, no idea how bad the queues are to the others. The estimated wait time is all wrong though, it's down to 18 hours already after like 10 min wait.

edited August 2022
    i haven't experienced any queues.. the combat balance feels quite weird.. like im never in any real danger, i can fight enemies twice my level and still kill them in a few seconds while not really caring about my hp.
    i do like that exploring the world feels more speedy than genshin.. (stamina recovers while sprinting? gasp) but it seems like they've de-incentivized exploring by having a lot of time-locked chests. it really does feel like "budget genshin" in a lot of ways.

Xantus on
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Maybe make a separate thread for a separate game?

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    In relevant news, new preview video dropped this morning.

https://youtu.be/zZEpU-DbzZU

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    When does Sumeru drop? At the end of current banners, or will there be another interim banner?

There's a preview event Saturday, so I'm guessing about ten days from now.

Sounds like Tuesday after Yoimaya Banner ends then.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    You'd think that if Sumeru was 3.0, and the current is 2.8, then what about 2.9? But I also double checked, they went from 1.6 to 2.0. So I guess it really is coming in ~2 weeks or so.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    That's how major.minor versions work, yes. The version after 2.9 could be 2.10 for something.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Which is, of course, different than 2.X, which was created by the same guy but takes place far in the future from 2.0's perspective.

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
    I think I want the new grass-flavour 5*.

Also kind of interested in playing around with the new element traveller.

I don't think I care about him.

Very interested in Dehya, though.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The grass child is possibly shaping up to be the Dendro archon. And I think I kinda want to keep the set going.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I really hope Cyno is fun to play.

edited August 2022
    Yeah, Cyno is very cool looking, that's true.

Grass child
    is the Dendro archon Kusanali.

Edit: ffff.. maybe name confusion here
    Might be Nahida.

Shadowfire on
    Are there any rumors about Dr. Snakefather being released in the Sumeru patch-year?

metaghost wrote: »
    Are there any rumors about Dr. Snakefather being released in the Sumeru patch-year?

7g5blm6hitwe.jpg

metaghost wrote: »

The great character leak collection. Not much stuff about him yet but I'm sure he'll be playable sooner or later.

Nothing so far. That's what my wife was just asking too. We know so far:
    Collei, 4* Dendro bow (who we should be getting as part of the story)
    Tighnari, 5* Dendro bow
    Dori, 4* electro claymore

Nahida, probably
    Cyno, 5* electro spear

Future:
    Nilou
    Dehya
    Scaramouche
    Al Haitham
    Mika

Lame.

To what degree are those Leaked Characters found within dev/beta builds vs. just random rumor? Doesn't seem likely to me that all those Bad Guys are scheduled for the near future. Scaramouche I get, not the rest.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I suddenly remembered I'd been waiting for this on Switch, which doesn’t seem to be happening, and that it's on PC and now I'm playing it.

Dear lord it looks beautiful.

OK, I made a thread for Tower of Fantasy. No idea if there is enough interest to support a thread, but at least we won't clog this one up.

They're doing a 3.0 stream thingy ("Special Program Announcement") tomorrow, so there'll be some free primos available.

• Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    I love these live concerts they put on.

Livestream codes:

8ANCKTWYVRD5
    EA7VKTFHU9VR
    KT7DKSFGCRWD

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Lots of confirmed details from the stream that we were expecting from leaks. New artifacts, new craftable weapons, general details about the first few new characters. For me, most notable things is confirmation that we'll get a free copy of Collei from an event, and confirmation that the Artifact Strongbox is being updated to basically include all of the original artifacts (plus the Dragonspine ones, I think?). I'll probably start using that for things like Crimson Witch and Thundering Fury, since their domains are... not the greatest to run.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    give baron bunny a gun

obF2Wuw.png