As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MTG] One Ring Four Mana

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Doesn't look like we get a new Episode of That's So Karn! today, but there is a side story about Squee.

For a second I thought it was going to make people really mad...

I saw there was one posted on Sunday
    Ertai is alive and threw in with the New Phyrexians

Edit: just read the Squee story and saw it came up there too >.>

Nobody on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Jaya is the best plainswalker character, simply the best

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    OK, so since they revealed the name of Karn's card today (Karn, Living Legcy) it has to be either LotV or THoD. And we already have a Teferi in Standard...

EDIT: That's not a deal-breaker by any means; we have two Kayas right now, for instance. But it isn't common (ignoring War of the Spark).

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    OK, so since they revealed the name of Karn's card today (Karn, Living Legcy) it has to be either LotV or THoD. And we already have a Teferi in Standard...

They also very conspicuously didn't reveal the name of the Liliana arts, and both prominently feature the Chain Veil.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Interesting considering that they tried to reprint LotV before and decided they couldnt due to power level issues.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    to be fair, a large part of those power level issues were "would be in standard with thoughtseize"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Oh yeah I completely forgot about them saying that!

I think she’d be fine for standard, and kinda wild to see in pioneer

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    to be fair, a large part of those power level issues were "would be in standard with thoughtseize"

Yeah, fair enough. Her -2 does seem pretty pushed for a three mana walker though. Looking forward to seeing how everything shakes out.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Yeah she comes down and you get to choose if you're attacking the board or attacking their hand. While she's not as functional against go-wide style creature decks, the decks she is functional in usually have game against those decks to begin with

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Lili is good because it attacks from a couple different angles based on what your opponent is playing, and can also be effectively wielded against both kind of at the same time from the player. It's a really good card, and if more people can play it in standard I think they'd like it.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    It's never been a question of whether people like LotV, she's a fantastic card. It's just that on a good day she's half a C-Note and hasn't been in a booster pack to rip for 4 years, much less in been Standard for over a decade so most of the new blood has no frame of reference for her, and if they do, it's in the eternal formats where there's plenty of other stuff to punch at her weight.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Doesn't look like we get a new Episode of That's So Karn! today, but there is a side story about Squee.

For a second I thought it was going to make people really mad...

I saw there was one posted on Sunday
    Ertai is alive and threw in with the New Phyrexians

Edit: just read the Squee story and saw it came up there too >.>
    I'm very curious about how his corpse was preserved for half a millennia after being burned in an explosion and falling down the side of a volcano. Did he just land in some supercooled water and get flash frozen?

• Options
    I think my biggest issue would be lili in pioneer, and mostly for format identity reasons. Like I actively like that the power players in pioneer are different than modern. I’ve had the “play lotv in my rbx midrange deck” experience before, let pioneer be unique

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I think my biggest issue would be lili in pioneer, and mostly for format identity reasons. Like I actively like that the power players in pioneer are different than modern. I’ve had the “play lotv in my rbx midrange deck” experience before, let pioneer be unique

I mean, they could have her in Standard and just ban her in Pioneer if they want to keep the format unique, which I do agree is something to bear in mind.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options

On the other hand, "play Modern-style rock decks because those don't work in Modern anymore" is a pretty strong way to attract people to pioneer, and the way things are going Lili could wind up in a mono-black devotion shell which would be new (I think).

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Two more side stories today as they kick the can of the final main episode down the road one more day, to coincide with the big showcase on Twitch.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »

On the other hand, "play Modern-style rock decks because those don't work in Modern anymore" is a pretty strong way to attract people to pioneer, and the way things are going Lili could wind up in a mono-black devotion shell which would be new (I think).

Death's Shadow and even Rakdos Midrange itself are still Modern decks, though yeah, LOTV did got somewhat outclassed. I blame WOTC for printing dumb bullshit like Ravagan and W6 for that.

• Options
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I will laugh my ass off it it's just a Liliana Vess reprint.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I will laugh my ass off it it's just a Liliana Vess reprint.

Liliana of the Dark Realms. I loved that card but it had nothing to do with Liliana.

• Options
    I just realized all the planeswalkers in this set are natives of Dominaria. That’s unusual. WotC almost always includes at least one foreign planeswalker in every set.

• Options
    I just realized all the planeswalkers in this set are natives of Dominaria. That’s unusual. WotC almost always includes at least one foreign planeswalker in every set.

Ajani's from Alara.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    493z37dqh7ej.png

She's baaaaaaack

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    That art is just so much better i might have to replace mine.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Episode 5 of the Dominaria united story is up
    The spoiler from Amazon happens in it, and there’s the setup for why they’re doing a past set.

• Options

Ajani's from Alara.

Oh, that’s right. For some reason I keep thinking sets only ever have four planeswalkers, even though they’ve been allowing more than that for a while now. :flushed:

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    well they're making a doctor who set, i guess

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Who?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Third base.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Wizards really likes these light bars

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I don't know what set symbol that is, but I'm pro- any FOW with non-Nielsen art, let alone a friggin RKF art, fuck yeah

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Oooo, a new Ixalan set! I have a soft spot for that plane since it's the first set I played heavily (I started around Ahmonket, but didn't really know what I was doing yet).

Also, dinosaurs.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ah, see, that's a proper Sheoldred that's nasty but not salt inducing.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    new sheoldred is spicy

2bb
    deathtouch
    when you draw a card gain 2 life
    when your opponent draws a card, they lose 2 life
    4/5

• Options
    0ntg0toaz3s6.png

Even by Commander standards this looks supremely fucked just as a free spell with card selection attached

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Oh hey, there's the blue board wipe promised. Massing pongify... to phyrexians.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited August 2022
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    new sheoldred is spicy

2bb
    deathtouch
    when you draw a card gain 2 life
    when your opponent draws a card, they lose 2 life
    4/5

damn that’s costed perfectly. great card no notes

Whippy on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

2uu
    saga
    read ahead (you can pick which chapter your saga enters with)
    1/2 target creature phases out, it cannot phase back in until card leaves the battlefield
    3 destroy all creatures, its controller creates a 2/2 black phyrexian for each destroyed this way

• Options
    So wait, Enlist doesn't say "untapped" on the reminder text, so wouldn't that let you enlist the same creature multiple times? I assume they'll catch that in the rules, but.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »

2uu
    saga
    read ahead (you can pick which chapter your saga enters with)
    1/2 target creature phases out, it cannot phase back in until card leaves the battlefield
    3 destroy all creatures, its controller creates a 2/2 black phyrexian for each destroyed this way

Nonland permanent on part 1/2 right?

milski on
    I ate an engineer
This discussion has been closed.