As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Lots of confirmed details from the stream that we were expecting from leaks. New artifacts, new craftable weapons, general details about the first few new characters. For me, most notable things is confirmation that we'll get a free copy of Collei from an event, and confirmation that the Artifact Strongbox is being updated to basically include all of the original artifacts (plus the Dragonspine ones, I think?). I'll probably start using that for things like Crimson Witch and Thundering Fury, since their domains are... not the greatest to run.

The strongbox update was one of the leaks I'd heard about and was really, really hoping ended up happening. Gonna try and get some real good Crimson Witch pieces for Yoimiya and then probably roll Viridescent forever after that to kit out Kazuha, Heizou, Sucrose, etc.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    God it'll be great to never see another lavawalker piece again.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Apparently it's not fully up to date with the artifacts. Like I heard it's got nothing from Inazuma, and not even the Pale Flame set from Dragonspine. It's still really nice though. Thing is I've been marathoning the VV domain, and I've got it down to a 20 second science. Basically Venti tornado plus Itto smashing equals everyone dead before they hit the ground. Despite how fast I can do it, it's probably better to farm another domain and use the rejects on VV sets.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    It's still helpful, but yeah. It'll mean that new stuff aside, you can basically make the Shimenawa/Emblem domain your permanent farming stop. That equips half the cast and you roll boxes for the other half.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    They make some weird decisions sometimes. We get a 4* dendro bow free, so the 5* is a… dendro bow? For the element we have NONE of, I was hoping they’d do some other weapon.

I know we’ll have dendro traveler, but geez.

That’s not how you get me to pull on the first dendro 5*, MHY.

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    dendro trav is 6*

obF2Wuw.png
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Makes the decision to finally acquire Tall Dad easier.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
    edited August 2022
    Haven't played this much for a while, but figured I'd finally finish up the Inazuma main story so I can go to Sumuru. I have to do that to go to Sumuru, right? I can't remember if I'd finished up Lihue before going to Inazuma.

My kiddo can't get past Raiden Shogun, so I've been helping him level up his stuff. Hoping he'll still be able to get to the new stuff too.

akjak on
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    I don't think we need to finish the inazuma archon quest to go to sumeru, from what people have said. But we do probably need to have done so to start the sumeru archon quest line.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
    You probably won't have to do anything to go into Sumeru but there likely won't be anything you can do except Statues/Waypoints. Probably depends on how the Topland portion of the Chasm was handled, really, though I never tested if you were barred from it or not before I started the quest to go into it.

• bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    ※ If you have not completed the Archon Quest "The Trail of the God of Wisdom" during the event, you can enter the event through "Quick Start" in the event page after completing the Archon Quest "Prologue: Act I - The Outlander Who Caught the Wind."

akirasig.jpg
    Ahahaha... I finished getting Yoimiya geared up. And it's real silly what happens with her, Yelan, and Fischl all adding elemental procs to every arrow.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Well, thanks to genshin I now hate birds and theatre.

steam_sig.png
    McMoogle wrote: »

That quest was so tedious, yes.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    It was

the long pauses

between each line

That really did it

steam_sig.png
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Polaritie wrote: »
    McMoogle wrote: »

That quest was so tedious, yes.

I did it for a bit, then realized I'd end up hating every second of every minute of it and just let it be. Sometimes quests just aren't worth the primos.

Also I ensured getting days off for Sumeru's launch by getting sick. Wandering aimlessly around new lands is just the sort of braindead activity I can do while feverish.

Mirkel on
    Mini-rant, "git gud", etc etc

Was getting caught up, did Delusion Factory no problem, ok let's go fight Raiden Shogun in her mind blah blah... Wait, first go train for her attacks! What? So look, I have Zhongli. I have healing. I have DPS up the wazoo. Game, it doesn't matter if some of the boss attacks hit me. I can handle it.

I just do not have the reflexes to dodge every single thing launched at me, that's why I invested in C6 Zhongli. So I can't get past this training quest. I'm sure I'll get it eventually, but I also do not understand how people on mobile didn't just throw their phones across the room doing this. I'm on PC and I still have gotten hit a few times when I'm like "what? no, I totally dodged that!"

This is some bullshit, is what I'm saying.

Yeah, that quest was really dumb. The actual story fight ends up being pretty cool though.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Kinda feel like it's BS to have fischl on the banners given that she's been around so long, they just gave us a freebie, and she's in the rotation for the store. Also because I just pulled her on my 10x.

steam_sig.png
    The banner is all bows, which feels really weird.

Yeah this banner is a hard pass.

Yoooo, there's actually a use for Magic Crystals that isn't trash finally! You can convert them into wood in the Serenitea Pot now.

...Like it's not the best use but it's better than what we had.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I was close to pity and have a lot saved up for future characters anyway, so I did a couple rolls and won the 50/50 to get Tighnari. Probably not a great idea to roll for him in general since he'll probably show up in a missed 50/50 eventually, but whatever. I don't know how good he'll be in the longrun, but dendro itself is extremely neat, and he's the only choice for an on-field dendro character right now. It's pretty satisfying to see a shower of numbers whenever he uses his burst or charged shot.

I did three ten pulls and got two constellations for Collei so I'm pretty satisfied here. Early impressions of Dendro arm pretty great, looks like a big buff for Keqing which I appreciate.

Shadowfire wrote: »
    I did three ten pulls and got two constellations for Collei so I'm pretty satisfied here. Early impressions of Dendro arm pretty great, looks like a big buff for Keqing which I appreciate.

Yeah, to me it currently looks like the big winners are Fischl, Yae Miko, Keqing, Kuki Shinobu, and maybe Lisa and Beidou. I'm less clear on the hydro side of things, but at worst, the general combination of dendro, hydro, and electro causes a silly amount of numbers.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I too had three 10 pulls saved up.

And that’s why I now have Qiqi C4.

So how involved is the free Collei event, since it wants me to finish the archon quest first?

(or does the skip button do anything I'd care about?)

Yeah, to me it currently looks like the big winners are Fischl, Yae Miko, Keqing, Kuki Shinobu, and maybe Lisa and Beidou. I'm less clear on the hydro side of things, but at worst, the general combination of dendro, hydro, and electro causes a silly amount of numbers.

Everyone benefits from the bonus HP for survivability, but I think only Mona and Childe get no further benefit.

Well, there goes my luck for a while.

I decided to pull for some Collei constellations and rebuild pity a bit from zero. And I just lucked Zhongli... :rotate:

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    What's the consensus on the new dendro 5*? Without knowing anyhting aobut the characters, I probably want to hold onto my primos for whoever the archon is, since they're usually really good support characters

steam_sig.png
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    I hope I can find a team I like that uses Dendro Traveler, I hear they're actually competitive (without also being frustrating to play around like Geo) and I like getting to actually field her (psst Mihoyo, just straight up steal being able to play as your character without changing appearance if you want from Tower of Fantasy, also manual targeting and a grappling hook thanks).

Kamar on
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    What's the consensus on the new dendro 5*? Without knowing anyhting aobut the characters, I probably want to hold onto my primos for whoever the archon is, since they're usually really good support characters

From the in-game Trial, he seems really fun, and maybe a bit like a “balanced Ganyu” with more interesting available gameplay due to all the Dendro synergies.

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    So how involved is the free Collei event, since it wants me to finish the archon quest first?

You don't have to finish the Archon quest, just get to a certain point.

After that you take a short trip down to the south, watching a conversation, head back to the starting forest, watch another conversation and you get a Collei. It's very quick and easy, it's not a "you only unlock her at the end of an event" thing.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    edited August 2022

Way too early to know how good Tighnari will wind up being, but he seems at least good. That said, he's going to be added to the standard list eventually, so if you don't feel strongly about him, saving is probably a good idea.
    Kamar wrote: »
    I hope I can find a team I like that uses Dendro Traveler, I hear they're actually competitive (without also being frustrating to play around like Geo) and I like getting to actually field her (psst Mihoyo, just straight up steal being able to play as your character without changing appearance if you want from Tower of Fantasy, also manual targeting and a grappling hook thanks).

Dendro traveler so far seems pretty solid to me. Certainly usable right now since there isn't much competition. I'm looking to use Lumine with Keqing, in order to fill two "I wish I could make use of these characters" wishes at the same time. I wish I had Kuki Shinobu though, since the ways to fill out that team are kinda limited (using Fischl/Sayu right now, but I'd really rather use Kazuha or Sucrose over Sayu or Jean).

EDIT: I thought electro traveler seemed pretty decent at first too, though, and they didn't wind up getting much use.

AshtonDragon on
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Been wandering around Sumeru doing new area things and some of the event stuff, so far I'm really liking it. I enjoy green forests a lot in general and every area I've been to so far looks great. Very nice distraction from being sick with flu for sure.

Everybody in Sumeru having a fantasy smartphone of sorts is kinda amusing but they haven't done much with that yet. I'm not very far into the main quest so far though.

Working on building Collei but she needs 234384 annoying mushrooms so that'll take a while. Meanwhile she gets to help with the dendro puzzles, can't imagine running around using traveller's dendro powers for some of them.

Way too early to know how good Tighnari will wind up being, but he seems at least good. That said, he's going to be added to the standard list eventually, so if you don't feel strongly about him, saving is probably a good idea.

Dendro traveler so far seems pretty solid to me. Certainly usable right now since there isn't much competition. I'm looking to use Lumine with Keqing, in order to fill two "I wish I could make use of these characters" wishes at the same time. I wish I had Kuki Shinobu though, since the ways to fill out that team are kinda limited (using Fischl/Sayu right now, but I'd really rather use Kazuha or Sucrose over Sayu or Jean).

EDIT: I thought electro traveler seemed pretty decent at first too, though, and they didn't wind up getting much use.

Electro traveler had abilities that looked really good at a glance until you really looked at them with the numbers attached. It's a solid idea for a support kit, but the actual numbers just blew.

edited August 2022
    Bows are so good for element puzzles for the ability to aim. Also because they can always use the element instead of needing to use skill/burst. (catalysts also great because of that)

So Collei being a bow and free is wonderful.

Polaritie on
  • XantusXantus Registered User regular

Electro traveler had abilities that looked really good at a glance until you really looked at them with the numbers attached. It's a solid idea for a support kit, but the actual numbers just blew.

i drank the electro traveler koolaid pretty hard... i leveled his talents up to just before crowning. still was benched most of the time because it was so meh. ended up choosing beidou instead once she got constellations

Well she is bae, dou.

Bethryn wrote: »

You don't have to finish the Archon quest, just get to a certain point.

After that you take a short trip down to the south, watching a conversation, head back to the starting forest, watch another conversation and you get a Collei. It's very quick and easy, it's not a "you only unlock her at the end of an event" thing.

Figures, I was on the quest right before it when I got off for the night.

Anyways, her kit seems solid enough, and her burst gives off field Dendro, so that's nice.