As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

• MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Is there any easy way to get Rukkhashava Mushrooms? Even getting the 10 for her second ascension seems like a huge pain in the ass.

Alright, seems they are mostly inside the big mushroom's "hands". Still a huge PITA but at least now I can find some.

Mirkel on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Can they be farmed?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Can they be farmed?

Sadly nope.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I haven't played Sumeru yet but it sounds like they heard people hated hitting the Sakura blooms with lightning and said "oh shit, more of that!"

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • GarickGarick Registered User regular
    Did about 40 pulls and got the last one needed for c6 fischl, 1 zhongli and 2 collei.

I am satisfied with this outcome.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I haven't played Sumeru yet but it sounds like they heard people hated hitting the Sakura blooms with lightning and said "oh shit, more of that!"

Sumeru zone and its enemies are all very much “dang, we sure made Inazuma miserable. Let’s not do that again.”

metaghost wrote: »

Sumeru zone and its enemies are all very much “dang, we sure made Inazuma miserable. Let’s not do that again.”

All sorts of ARPGs have this tendency of making enemies introduced later in the game's lifespan more and more annoying. I absolutely love the fact they have reversed the trend for now, I don't want invisible flying ranged shielded riftwolves anytime soon.

Okay, how do I handle the puzzles where there's an elemental switch, except broken apart by a tree growing through it? Nothing seems to react with them.

• GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Okay, how do I handle the puzzles where there's an elemental switch, except broken apart by a tree growing through it? Nothing seems to react with them.

Non-spoilery: keep doing your world quests. Eventually you'll get a tool to deal with them, and then for plot reasons a more different tool.

Spoilery:
    • Do the "Woodland Encounter" world quest which starts around Gandharva by saving someone from fungi. It's going to involve dealing with numerous withered areas so it can inform Tigger's main quest or the main quest can inform it, depending on the order in which you do it.
    • After you've followed up on "Woodland Encounter" long enough to get a talking-to from one of the
    mushroom koroks
    and then you go upriver and run through their
    freaking forested Silent Realm
    and now you have the big mushroom korok book of adventures, go back to Gandharva to kick off one of the book chapters. The tool's in there:
    a seed to summon the Super High-School Level Totem Repairer, or after you've fixed things in his neck of the woods, he'll teach you a song and now your lyre does it

Glazius on
  • ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    They fixed special dashes getting stuck on everything. This is my favorite improvement for the patch.

They fixed special dashes getting stuck on everything. This is my favorite improvement for the patch.

Yeah, and they still kept the property of not letting you fall off stuff, so if you have a timer challenge to cross a twisty trunk and grab a bunch of particles you can just swap in Sayu and fire up city_escape.mp3 and she's got you covered.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »

i unironically think the surveys saved them here

remember when they asked about spectres and then the mushrooms

every single person when asked about spectres would have clicked "this enemy is peepee poopoo"

obF2Wuw.png
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Loving the new music. The battle theme and the city music are going to be crossover pop hits I can tell.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    The Port Ormos music is a bop

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.

Sayu has been my MVP for the last hour or two of main quest, the festival part. It's just tons of walking and talking and Sayu makes the walking part fun and/or short - just hit V to get a line of sparklies and spin away. I strongly suggest people using her at least for the festival.

• Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Omg the fungus pigs drop meat and mushrooms.

Boarguignon!

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    no kill pigge

obF2Wuw.png
    One stop pig shop.

Part II of the new archon quest is... a thing. That was pretty well done, but it is time consuming.

edited August 2022
    Part II of the new archon quest is... a thing. That was pretty well done, but it is time consuming.

If I had two accounts and had to do it twice I'd rather claw my own eyes out. Well, not really but you know what I mean. Doing it just once was cool enough for me, the writing and people were alright and even Paimon wasn't 100% annoying all the time. But I can imagine some people going through it are yelling at the screen "where's my goddamn skip button, MHY!?" WHERE!?". For people who don't care that much about the story and just want exploration and cool fights there's not much to like. I do wonder if MHY writers are Endless Eight fans.

Mirkel on
    Oh yeah. It would be absolute hell to replay it, and I do think it ended up running a little too long, but it's a hard story concept to execute in general so I'm cutting them a little slack.

• XantusXantus Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    i was already feeling like the sumeru quest was like 10% action, 90% giant blocks of exposition..
    i only just got to getting collei in my roster.. and that felt like hours.. i guess i'll save the next part of the quest til after i get to ... actually play around in sumeru.

I only had enough for a 10 pull, i think im quite close to pity, but didn't tip it yet.. got c6 fischl and now I don't know if I even wanna push for more pulls since i already have c11 diona ;p

Xantus on
    Mirkel wrote: »

If I had two accounts and had to do it twice I'd rather claw my own eyes out. Well, not really but you know what I mean. Doing it just once was cool enough for me, the writing and people were alright and even Paimon wasn't 100% annoying all the time. But I can imagine some people going through it are yelling at the screen "where's my goddamn skip button, MHY!?" WHERE!?". For people who don't care that much about the story and just want exploration and cool fights there's not much to like. I do wonder if MHY writers are Endless Eight fans.

Can I introduce you to my good friend, Woodland Encounter?

Glazius wrote: »

I don't think Woodland Encounter is as bad. It's not as immersion-breaking to play it in shorter bits and parts of it happen in the forest, where you can wander off to get some flowers and chests and whatnot between objectives. I have no idea what happens if you leave the city during Subzwhatever Festival but the game warned me not to so I did it all in one go and that was a bit exhausting. Woodland Encounter I did in several parts, doing other stuff between. I guess technically I'm still on that questline since I only just got the notebook but it feels like the sort of thing I can do at my own leisure.

Woodland Encounter is also a much more straightforward story. Not a big difference if you would have to do them again and you'd just mash spacebar but when actually reading through all the text the archon quest takes more attention to keep up with. In the end I mostly enjoyed both and read 95% of all the text but both quests would suck a lot to go through again.

I don't think Woodland Encounter is as bad. It's not as immersion-breaking to play it in shorter bits and parts of it happen in the forest, where you can wander off to get some flowers and chests and whatnot between objectives. I have no idea what happens if you leave the city during Subzwhatever Festival but the game warned me not to so I did it all in one go and that was a bit exhausting. Woodland Encounter I did in several parts, doing other stuff between. I guess technically I'm still on that questline since I only just got the notebook but it feels like the sort of thing I can do at my own leisure.

Woodland Encounter is also a much more straightforward story. Not a big difference if you would have to do them again and you'd just mash spacebar but when actually reading through all the text the archon quest takes more attention to keep up with. In the end I mostly enjoyed both and read 95% of all the text but both quests would suck a lot to go through again.

Oh, buddy. Ohhhhh, buddy.

You're gonna have a good, good time.

Oof, even with a map, Collei's materials kind of suck. There's just not many good spots for these mushrooms.

Oof, even with a map, Collei's materials kind of suck. There's just not many good spots for these mushrooms.

I'd go as far as to say they might be the worst material ever of that particular type. Scattered all over the map and in places with a lot of vertical space, often somewhat hidden from sight. Also a bunch of the spawn points are locked behind puzzles or exploration. You can't even farm them in the teapot.

edited August 2022

I'd go as far as to say they might be the worst material ever of that particular type. Scattered all over the map and in places with a lot of vertical space, often somewhat hidden from sight. Also a bunch of the spawn points are locked behind puzzles or exploration. You can't even farm them in the teapot.

There's one cluster that's actually really good - like 8 or 9 of em right next to a waypoint and then you can glide down for two more a bit south. Otherwise... I'm seeing like, 3 along the road here, 3 along a road there... all a ways from any waypoints. However, there is one group in the SE I haven't been able to reach yet and I think it's quest locked, because the map shows a waypoint there I don't have.

But yeah, definitely the worst compared to like, any other where you can warp around several places with piles of them. Well, almost any other. Dendrobiums are kind of awful.

Polaritie on
    edited August 2022
    I found a merchant in the ranger station selling 5 of them, so that's something at least.

ETA: There was a huge round root blocking my way and every time I tried jumping or walking over it with my Ganyu I slid back. So on a whim I switched to Sayu and started rolling and that got me over it. Truly the tables have turned.

Mirkel on
    Oh jeez. The main world quest just keeps going. But it's worth a ton of gems as you keep crossing off each subquest in it.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So since the next banners were just ganyu/kokomi reruns, I did the 50 pulls, and I guess I have thigh-something now? While it did burn the soft pity, at least it didn't use up a locked in one, since my last 5 was yelan

steam_sig.png
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Oh jeez. The main world quest just keeps going. But it's worth a ton of gems as you keep crossing off each subquest in it.
    It's an absolutely fantastic journey. A lot of memorable moments, and some incredible scenes. It's far more in-depth than the archon quest even.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I did a ten-pull, because it's been so long I don't even have a history to see where my pity even is. Also a Collei constellation wouldn't be bad, her C1 looks quite useful. Got a Keqing (for C3), so that means I'm on hold til Archon banner. I hadn't even really cared that much about Raiden Shogun, but got her anyway so it looks like I have to actually collect archons. I've got all three so far, so since I'm on guarantee I'll hold out.

Anyway now that it Genshin Time again, my poor husband is in for more rounds of Genshin Babies, a game my son made up. He made a roll call sheet for each element with every character listed, and pretends his Dad is running a daycare for all of them. Let me tell you, the Genshin Babies are pretty naughty and hard to control (spoiler, my son acts out all of them). Ningguang is the best behaved, as she has her nice Jade Playpen to hang out in.

I just heard them make a treadmill/hamsterball thing for Sayu to roll around in forever.

Kids, man.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    PSA: don't forget that you can use the net gadget to capture the tiny mushroom pigs and place them in your pot.

There are various other things you can do in Sumeru too I guess.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I found a merchant in the ranger station selling 5 of them, so that's something at least.

ETA: There was a huge round root blocking my way and every time I tried jumping or walking over it with my Ganyu I slid back. So on a whim I switched to Sayu and started rolling and that got me over it. Truly the tables have turned.

What ranger station? Where? I must know!

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    akjak wrote: »

Gandharva, he's right by the cookpot in front of Tigger's house. It's the usual "selling regional specialties" thing where you can get a 5-pack every couple days, and he has some simple recipes too.

Oof... yeah, I think there's basically only two locations for the mushrooms that are reasonable to gather. There's the one really good one, and then there's some along the paths in the mushroom forest area...

Remind me how often they respawn?

• XantusXantus Registered User regular
    Remind me how often they respawn?

its 2 days from when you harvest it, according to le wiki

edited August 2022
    akjak wrote: »

Gandharva, he's right by the cookpot in front of Tigger's house. It's the usual "selling regional specialties" thing where you can get a 5-pack every couple days, and he has some simple recipes too.

Found another seller for these according to wiki: Aramani in Vanarana. Will have to check it out once I'm back from work.

Mirkel on
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    The new bosses are not bad, surprisingly. I was rolling my eyes at the Electro Regisvine when it was shown off but the mechanics are actually kind of decent to keep you on your toes. Of course, it also could be that I just had a 'messing around' team when I fought it. Jadeplume Terrorshroom was pretty fun too, I ran it with a not serious team to see some of the mechanics play out and then came back with my Eternity Burnity team (Raiden, Yelan, Bennett and Xiangling) and stomped it into the ground.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!