As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - The Parasite

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

The Parasite!

Penny Arcade - Comic - The Parasite

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh my god.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Little known fact: Jerry is just a secondary persona Mike invented to look like a teamplayer.

Johnny17 on
  • MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    To be fair to Tycho, it was primarily the words that made me laugh at this one. I feel like a text only version also would have made me laugh.

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    To be fair to Tycho, it was primarily the words that made me laugh at this one. I feel like a text only version also would have made me laugh.

A wordless version of this strip can be funny too, if you have a very active imagination.

The barber can't seem to cut the hair. He realizes it's not hair. Gabe explains what it truly is, disgusting the barber.

Djiem on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    This is a reoccurring theme with them too. It seems to come up every so often. There are probably at least as many as 5 other strips about this same topic.

• keepwatchingtheskieskeepwatchingtheskies Registered User regular
    The reason I return - the realreason I return, three times a week, every week, for twenty+ years now, is Jerry's wordsmithing. I have enjoyed Gabe's art and its evolution, sure - even when it departed from what I liked I could appreciate it. But his sardonic wit and turns of phrases and honesty and artistry in text? That's what I come here for. Guy sells himself short.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Djiem wrote: »
    MarcinMN wrote: »

A wordless version of this strip can be funny too, if you have a very active imagination.

The barber can't seem to cut the hair. He realizes it's not hair. Gabe explains what it truly is, disgusting the barber.

Man, there was one twitch stream of Mike drawing the comic with Jerry there, with panels of Gabe yelling and Tycho looking concerned, before the text was added. A third person was there and they mentioned that 'without text, it looks like an abusive relationship.' Then Mike and Jerry just started grunting, growling, and whining like beasts to match up with the expressions in the comic, and it was so god-damned funny.

H9f4bVe.png
  • LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    What about the lair of the semicolon?

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Am I just imagining thing, or did it used to be a greater variation in looks among the people working as men's hairdressers?
    Now they just all look like that guy. It's like in the last patch the Mr.Smiths stopped wearing a suit and sunglasses and they've all become hipster-beard-guy working in a barbershop when they're not maintaining the integrity of the Matrix.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    Yeah every hairdresser looks like the cultist from Far Cry 5 now.

• BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Am I just imagining thing, or did it used to be a greater variation in looks among the people working as men's hairdressers?
    Now they just all look like that guy. It's like in the last patch the Mr.Smiths stopped wearing a suit and sunglasses and they've all become hipster-beard-guy working in a barbershop when they're not maintaining the integrity of the Matrix.

My progression through barbers has been thus:
    • Childhood - teens: An old man who had seemingly been barbering since scissors were invented
    • Twenties - thirties: Fantastic Sam's, usually a rotating roster of middle-aged women
    • Mid-thirties: Various barber shops staffed by bearded guys with short sides and a long top, as noted above
    • Late thirties: Heavily tattooed women
    • Now: self with a clipper

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Bursar wrote: »

• Childhood - teens: An old man who had seemingly been barbering since scissors were invented
    • Twenties - thirties: Fantastic Sam's, usually a rotating roster of middle-aged women
    • Mid-thirties: Various barber shops staffed by bearded guys with short sides and a long top, as noted above

Are you me?
    (aside from Fantastic Sam's, dunno what that is)

Djiem on
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Djiem wrote: »
    Bursar wrote: »

Are you me?
    (aside from Fantastic Sam's, dunno what that is)

Fantastic Sam's is a US and Canada chain of haircuttery shops.