As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I dunno, the fandom warframe wiki loads real quick and snappy for me, and the blocked ads don't have any visible effect.

• kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I don't block adds other than what the browsers I use do without plugins, the fandom wiki is sufficient but as was said it often has a broken mess of a layout with many problems accessing specific parts of a page. I'm old enough to have walked both ways up hill in the snow etc. so these things aren't something I dwell on, but it could be so. much. better.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    The thing that pisses me off the most about the wiki is when I want to look something up on mobile. I have yet to find a practical mobile ad block, and that site will happily fill a third of my screen with ads with fake close buttons that actually lead to pop-ups. It's an actively hostile user experience.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I don't know if IOS has the mobile version of firefox but the android version has a decent implementation of addons like the desktop version, and a version of ublock origin that works about the same.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Hey Pablo did an interview with Brozime.

https://youtu.be/ztewjHojVvI

Pretty good talk. Makes it pretty clear, though, that Pablo really wishes they had done things differently with regard to the numbers they slapped on mods.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    we all knew that DE Cannot Math, but...

I can only hope in Soulframe that any time someone suggests 'let's give them a mod that gives them +100% crit' that person's hands are slapped away from the keyboard and given a stern talking to.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjUqHCDh3D8

Speaking of Soulframe... Oh uhh if your work doesn't like butts, be warned.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Gonna bird punch all the things

Carpy on
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    I can only hope in Soulframe that any time someone suggests 'let's give them a mod that gives them +100% crit' that person's hands are slapped away from the keyboard and given a stern talking to.

Aww, but slapping in some mods and having a weapon"s power increase fourtyfold is fun!

But yeah, balanced or not, it does eliminate any potential for pure utility mods. You just lose way too much from not having a mod that somehow improves the damage output.

Finally found a suda super crewmate for an engineer with perfect stats. Pilot 0, Gunnery 0, Engineer 4, Endurance 4, Combat 4, so with training she has 5 in each. It's been such a long search, most satisfying warframe achievement I've had in years.

• dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Wow, a 2 hour devstream with tons of new things and no movement on this thread. I guess people are just waiting for crossplay or something. Maybe most people are just done with the game for now (or for good). Fortunately for me I can still wring sustenance from the shriveled, dried up corpse.

I like most of the upcoming changes. But one that makes me scratch my head is the ammo economy changes that are coming. I don't believe that they will move the needle at all on the AOE explosive weapon meta. Don't the devs remember that ammo pizzas exist?. I can spam said ammo pizzas and remove any ammo pool AND drop nerfs. AND I can make those same pizzas 100 at a time. I think that they will have to go deeper into the changes that they are considering for the future if the new changes don't make a dent. They probably won't.

What makes me laugh even harder is that the people complaining the most about the potential future nerfs are all the veterans. I mean, I get it. Veterans want to be the most efficient at farming all the things. They don't play the game for fun anymore. Check all the boxes, max all the damage, reduce the mission clear time to the minimum possible. Most people have lives. Spending less time grinding for a .5% drop on an item that you want will cause people to go for the optimal and most efficient route.

But let's be real here. There are currently NO drawbacks to using a weapon class that clears the map quickly. The top 5 weapons by usage are all AOE explosive and they take up 47% of all weapons used. They really can't do anything to the warframes that can easily do the same thing. And in a game where killing the enemies fast comes with perks, mindlessly pressing 4 or shooting in the general direction of enemies is easier than actually having to aim.

Players will almost always optimize the fun out of playing any longform game. And players will also shun/berate other players who are not playing the same meta. Metatards really make me shake my head. They will make you think that not playing the game a specific way means that you are playing it wrong. The falsely assume (and convince themselves) that playing with the meta makes the game more fun. It doesn't. They can go burn themselves out following the meta way to play and I can go enjoy the game for what it is.

dipuc4life on
    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    As a Pax Bolt fan, the headshot buff is great for me personally.

The holster speed buff is also pretty nice. I like to specialize each of my weapons for a different defense type (anti-shield primary, anti-armor secondary, and anti-health melee). This buff will make it more convenient to deal with enemies like Corrupted who use both shields and armor.

Archon shards are such hilariously unapologetic power creep. It's just another mod system, on top of the existing one, but even better because it allows you to equip duplicates.
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    Don't the devs remember that ammo pizzas exist?

I don't, most of the time. Maybe DE has data indicating that most players are hoarders who refuse to spend resources on consumables?

• NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    I need to go back through the dev stream notes, but my reaction hearing stuff from it at the time ranged from "Awesome!" to literal head scratching.

So, DE being DE. I was just happy to see Pablo on the couch, honestly. Get the numbers guy more face time!

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    I'll have to double check, but I think Pablo is the new design lead since Scott moved on, so we'll probably be seeing a lot of him.

Ammo efficiency is nowhere near good enough, considering DE has, over the years, made ammo as much of a non-issue as possible. Even if you don't use ammo pizzas, isn't the mutator an exilus slot? They need to bring back self-damage.

New stuff looks like new stuff, but I'm kind of still waiting for them to fix Magus Cloud. They broke the shit out of it with the Zariman update, and now it causes your Sling to often have zero radius. It's pretty much a trap, has been reported and video documented, but four months or so into the update and DE ain't done shit - and probably won't ever.

And yeah, Cloud ain't meta, but I liked it, and ffs it's not like there were a lot of operator arcanes to QA in the first place.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    Wow, a 2 hour devstream with tons of new things and no movement on this thread. I guess people are just waiting for crossplay or something. Maybe most people are just done with the game for now (or for good). Fortunately for me I can still wring sustenance from the shriveled, dried up corpse.

I missed the devstream. Like I miss 90% of the devstreams because they're absolutely terrible at giving people a heads up (frequently only giving notice a few days ahead) and never in the in-game news-stream.

Also, Warhammer 3s Immortal empires beta is taking up most of my free time.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    I think most new players don't even realize restores are craftable. I remember early on in warframe, on this forum, trying to convince folks that restores elminate most of the trouble people have with the choices presented and getting a lot of head scratching resistance.

I think the ammo changes will probably effect a broad section of the playerbase and have no impact at all on the folks at the top 15% of activity in game. I'm happy with most of the things discussed in the devstream, I'd go farther nerfing aoe if it was my choice though, I'm not really a fan of the increased mission speed and aoe instant death that warframe has been ramping up consistently over the years. I'd prefer slower, more significant fights and enemies with accuracy making a difference and not just a flavor of stat on the end mission report. That will never happen but these changes are in the right direction for me.

I'm a big fan of more complex systems for improvement, power creep is great as long as it's in a massively confusing tree of options that takes years to get through. I still haven't taken advantage of tons of stuff, who knows how many frames I haven't yet helminthed or what combinations I've missed out on exploiting. Just the feeling that there's potential for more or better is great even if I won't have the time to get there.

So that armor strip change, 50% for everything. Is that going to be still affected by power strength?

From what I understood, that's just a baseline change, if you strip 100 because of ps, you only need one cast etc. The change makes it so all your armor stripping stats are working on the targets base max armor, not current armor. So if you only strip 50% you need two casts and whatnot.

Dac wrote: »
    Even if you don't use ammo pizzas, isn't the mutator an exilus slot?

They specifically mentioned Ammo Mutation by name in the devstream, although they didn't really say anything except that they would make whatever changes are necessary to prevent it from undermining their goals for reworking ammo efficiency.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »
    I think most new players don't even realize restores are craftable. I remember early on in warframe, on this forum, trying to convince folks that restores elminate most of the trouble people have with the choices presented and getting a lot of head scratching resistance.

I think the ammo changes will probably effect a broad section of the playerbase and have no impact at all on the folks at the top 15% of activity in game. I'm happy with most of the things discussed in the devstream, I'd go farther nerfing aoe if it was my choice though, I'm not really a fan of the increased mission speed and aoe instant death that warframe has been ramping up consistently over the years. I'd prefer slower, more significant fights and enemies with accuracy making a difference and not just a flavor of stat on the end mission report. That will never happen but these changes are in the right direction for me.

I'm a big fan of more complex systems for improvement, power creep is great as long as it's in a massively confusing tree of options that takes years to get through. I still haven't taken advantage of tons of stuff, who knows how many frames I haven't yet helminthed or what combinations I've missed out on exploiting. Just the feeling that there's potential for more or better is great even if I won't have the time to get there.

That would require a fundamental change to Warframe on just about every level. It's just not in the cards.

As I said, it's never going to happen, but the changes are going in the right direction even if they're miniscule.

I mean the Lich/Sister damage attenuation can be a good base for minibosses, they just need to tweak the formula so that there's less of a hard breakpoint with ROF, and maybe make them partially resistant to armor strip

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Wukong Clone will use my ammo?

*glances at Shedu*

Life will go on

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular

A sad day for the community. Viscereality/Datareaper, creator of the original Clem comics, has passed away.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List

*glances at Shedu*

Life will go on

*looks at Bubonico*
    True, true.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

*glances at Shedu*

Life will go on

*looks at Bubonico*
    True, true.

yeah, bubonico is already an s tier weapon, the ammo change will just make it better by comparison

In any sensible world they would be also be reviewing infinite ammo AoE weapons, but this is DE so it's 50/50 whether they get ignored completely and the change does nothing, or they turbo nuke them into the dirt. (I'd prefer the latter because the meta is boring af currently, but.)

I agree, but mostly because I'm a bitter oldperson. After they nerfed my precious void dash, I'm game for catastrophic changes to aoe weapons in general. Just leave my xoris alone, it's never hurt anyone, it hasn't succumbed to the hunger and killed yet, forever changing it into a red court meta weapon.

I will be sad that my clone can't endlessly fire acceltra but my life will go on

the infinite ammo frames will be like lavos and protea or anyone that helminths dispensary

I can already take those frames into a mission and just use an archgun the entire time

and no matter how problematic any of the aoe weapons are the archguns are beasts

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    yeah on the one hand I will miss bullet hose Supra Vandal

on the other a lot of my big murderization is from abilities and melee anyway? *edit* and tbqh my REAL reason for Supra Vandal was proccing Entropy Burst, which didn't even require me to use the weapon at all, just to *have it equipped*

Oh, also, Pax Charge exists, and you don't even need to make a *new* kitgun for it, it's an Arcane.

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/

on the other a lot of my big murderization is from abilities and melee anyway? *edit* and tbqh my REAL reason for Supra Vandal was proccing Entropy Burst, which didn't even require me to use the weapon at all, just to *have it equipped*

Oh, also, Pax Charge exists, and you don't even need to make a *new* kitgun for it, it's an Arcane.

Supra vandal is not going to change. It has such massive amounts of ammo (and it's not as ammo hungry as Kohm) that I doubt anything could chew through its ammo supply.

• XantusXantus Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    maybe instead of all this nonsense about ammo tweaks.. they could work on the core gameplay mechanics that push people to just AoE everything.
    chasing yet another 1% drop rate item in missions where enemies essentially just spawn in a mass conga line towards you.. is never going to inspire people to tryhard-spaceninja 100% of the time.

we are supposed to be super-robot-space-ninja's right? isn't the whole point.. to attain silly levels of power?

Xantus on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

It's the only kitgun arcane I used anyways

JtgVX0H.png
    Frost is going to be a G with a permanent and, presumably, only needing 200% power strength strip. More room to slot more range and efficiency.

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    If they nerf ranged/aoe into the ground everyone is just going to ignore it and melee everything, which is why they had tried to buff ranged a little bit ago anyway.

and no matter how problematic any of the aoe weapons are the archguns are beasts

I thought archguns were considered obsolete now? Last I heard, people were saying normal guns with galvanized multishot mods and arcanes were better than archguns.

I thought archguns were considered obsolete now? Last I heard, people were saying normal guns with galvanized multishot mods and arcanes were better than archguns.

Hard to say but I have surely done 96% damage dealt as Protea just holding down m1 with infinite ammo mausolon, I guess it depends on the level of the content. Mr WarframeGuy has taught me that even steel path can be brought low by some nonsense.

I look forward to putting passive health regen through shards and then throwing Rage+Quick Thinking in there.

With adaptation and decent armor I could probably just eat a sandwich in a simulacrum test.

This discussion has been closed.