As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Legends of Runeterra] Definitely not Neeko! Nope!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    All cards revealed.

What decks/champs are you most interested in checking out first?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    not in love with the fact that 2/3 of the Runeterra Champs so far are just "put me in with the 3-5 support cards i was released with"

you wind up with decks like bard elusives with that sort of thing because there's nothing there to feast on

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I agree. Jihn created a different expectation for most of us. Maybe in the future.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Why does it feel like they gave up on champion design except for the most iconic characters like Annie, Riot must have not much confidence left in the game.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    Why does it feel like they gave up on champion design except for the most iconic characters like Annie, Riot must have not much confidence left in the game.

i don't think the faith that Riot The Corporate Entity has in the game would have anything to do with what the developers are making as card designs

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Coinage wrote: »

I'm legit confused by this comment. How have they given up on design?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    The champions this set are incredibly bland. It's just giving units challenger/overwhelm/etc. and big stats. It feels like Riot left them with a skeleton crew and they didn't have the resources to implement anything good.

• Options
    You're describing every card in this game. It's a stat-based minion combat game.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    It's not every card though, that's not how I would describe Karma, ASol, Anivia, Ezreal. But yes I guess maybe on the whole my problem might just be that I think the game sucks.

Coinage on
  • Options
    aurelion sol is the MOST keywords and stats guy!!!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    No he gives me comets!

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Wow, this season is the shortest one yet, ends Aug 31st.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Did anybody else n otice that non-Path Labs are back?

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Teaser for Tuesday's patch is up.

lkgg2v3l3bh91.jpg

• Options
    Wow the focus grant spellshield overwhelm is OP, who could have seen that coming

• Options
    Here's the specifics (unofficial leak)

Buffs:
    Gnar
    Pokey Stick discount from -1 to -2

Zilean
    Champ spell changed to Careful Preparation

Twisted Catalyzer
    +1 attack (revert)

Kadregrin the Ruined
    Play effect can target any ally and also give +1/+1

Mark of the Storm
    +1 damage

Cosmic Binding
    Shuffles 6 chimes instead of 3

Starbone
    Shuffles a doggo

Thunderfist / Masa
    +1 attack on Thunderfist, +1 health on Masa

Bloody Business

Starshaping
    +1 heal (revert)

Duskpetal Dust
    Can now discount nightfall spells

Rissu, the Silent Storm / Stormcloud
    +2 health on Rissu, +2 impact on Stormcloud

The Traveler
    +1 attack

Squeaker
    +1 attack

BC Mayor
    +1 health

Harsh Winds
    -1 mana

Neverglade Collector
    +1 health

Battle Bonds
    +1 mana, slow to burst

Benemone
    +1 health

Scarmaiden Reaver
    +1 health

Nerfs
    Bard
    Only auto shuffles chimes from round 3 and onward

Illaoi
    -1 health

Blighted Ravine
    -2 heal, no longer damage nexuses

Frozen Thrall
    +1 countdown

Station Archivist
    -1 health, shuffles your deck after play

Ravenbloom Conservatory
    +2 countdown

Boom Baboon
    -1 attack

Stagehand
    -2 health

Defiant Dance
    +1 mana

Supercharge
    +1 mana

Ancient Hourglass
    +1 mana

Winding Light
    No longer has overwhelm itself

Papercraft Dragon
    +1 mana

Second Skin
    Focus to slow

Tentacle Smash
    -1 spawn

RIP Thralls, I loved you dearly.

• Options
    Finally got to Platinum. Took forever, but I finally got there with Bard/Maokai mill. It’s a lot of fun to play.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    So after finishing up the revamped Path of Champions, I think I preferred the old version, which I was not expecting. At least it was nice to have some new challenges to tackle.

My thoughts:
    • The power scaling on the new end game is absurd. Powers stacking on one another gets bonkers quickly and in the last fight you either get a total lock on the game or you lose to infinitely large butts.
    • The new character unlock system is unfortunate. I'm glad I at least went through it after the wildcard stars were introduced.
    • Bard is far too dependent on getting the right powers. In the last adventure he's either helpless or an instant win, and the deciding factor is whether or not you find the power that gives +1/+1 to allies for every keyword. The +3/+3 to your weakest minion power can also single-handedly carry through most adventures since it guarantees that Bard will level by turn 4.
    • I'm not sure it's possible to lose an adventure with Darius with Trifarian Might. I didn't find out, because after getting this combo once I shelved Darius in favour of champs that felt better balanced.
    • Yasuo continues to be the most satisfying champion to play. Getting him down and slicing the opposing board up is wonderful. Some of the new relics make it so playing him ends the game instantly, instead of having to use stuns strategically with him, which is a shame but at least relics are optional.

All in all, kinda bummed. In general the new content feels poorly balanced, with synergies that aren't well thought out and way too powerful. How did other people find new vs. old PoC?

• Options
    Honestly, I like the new Path better than the old one, although they don't feel that much different. I was hoping for deck altering and more flexible pathing, but it is what it is I guess. It feels like these were all ideas that were going to be eventually added but got shelved.

For me, Path is a lot of fun and preferable to Ranked in certain metas. Making broken shit is great, albeit at the cost of some challenge.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Had a rough night yesterday trying to get my 3 wins with my Maokai/Bard deck. Started good at 2-1, but then I ran into a Pirate Aggro deck. It was the first aggro deck I'd seen in like 50 games. I mean, who does that?!

Well I'll tell you who, our very own @Yilias! Hey, you're a Masters player, leave us climbing Plats alone. Ended up losing that match, then the next 3 from the emotional betrayal I suffered. :P

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Hey, I might not be a Masters gamer anymore. Season ends in two weeks and I'm still Plat 2.

• Options
    I love the concept of equipment. Looking forward to seeing how it’s explored.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    immediately revealing another origin that does something just makes Evelynn more baffling

i have no doubts in my mind that their playtest version of Evelynn was busted and they must have stripped text from the origin as part of their balancing process

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    they do a good job with this set of building it all around the equipment stuff thematically

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    And here's Ornn!

https://youtu.be/57np5jrgaTk

All champs revealed, with possibly ~5 more cards tomorrow followed by a partner preview day. What decks/champs/archetypes you most hyped for?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I'm playing Jax w/ Bandle Tree because all the Jax followers are multi region.

• Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    I'm playing Jax w/ Bandle Tree because all the Jax followers are multi region.

MMMmmm....so toxic. I love it!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    And here's Ornn!

https://youtu.be/57np5jrgaTk

All champs revealed, with possibly ~5 more cards tomorrow followed by a partner preview day. What decks/champs/archetypes you most hyped for?

Honestly very interested in the Equip mechanic. Also I have a Twitter friend who is no good with TCGs but is a big Darkin fan so I'll be exploring that a bit.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Several champions look really interesting to try, but Norra is probably at the top of my list. All hail the RNG gods!

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I havent played in a long time, but still no Zyra? :(

• Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I havent played in a long time, but still no Zyra? :(

To be fair, they still have about ~100 champions to add so some are gonna be missing.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    can i still cheese people all the time with fiora? or has the meta game just become oppressive with something else?

• Options
    Fiora got -1 hp and hasn't been seen since. Mono Fiora is dead and Shen/Fiora evolved into Shen/Jarvan which is also now dead.

• Options
    i was still using her after the nerf with buffed shyvanna because most of the same cards work with both. sad that there are champs that just dont get used anymore. unless lysandra is gone, fuck her.

• Options
    Thralls had a renaissance recently when they printed more support but it got hit with a few nerfs in response and doesn't see play currently.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Oh, I overlooked this in the patchnotes:
    Ranked Ladder Adjustments
    We’re updating Ranked Play to have more satisfying progression. Ladder Point changes for winning and losing have been adjusted at each rank, with largest changes in the lower leagues: Iron, Bronze, Silver, and Gold.

Plat is now +25/-20, they're trying to funnel everybody into Diamond I guess.

E: Diamond is +22/-20 now.

Yilias on
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    Oh, I overlooked this in the patchnotes:
    Ranked Ladder Adjustments
    We’re updating Ranked Play to have more satisfying progression. Ladder Point changes for winning and losing have been adjusted at each rank, with largest changes in the lower leagues: Iron, Bronze, Silver, and Gold.

Plat is now +25/-20, they're trying to funnel everybody into Diamond I guess.

I appreciate that change. I didn't get out of Plat last season after getting within 5-6 wins. I just don't have the time/desire to grind that hard. Makes me appreciate the Diamond climb more, but to each their own.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page