As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Better Half

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Better Half!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Better Half

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Wait...Darth Maul SURVIVED?!?!

Just kidding, I knew that. ;)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I didn't until Solo came out

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I knew from the moment of his defeat in that first prequel that he was gonna come back with robot legs. No one believed me.

Then it actually happened. I felt ten feet tall. I shouted with triumph.

H9f4bVe.png
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I knew from the moment of his defeat in that first prequel that he was gonna come back with robot legs. No one believed me.

I remember having that exact argument with somebody. I declared victory after Revenge of the Sith. I mean, it was a done deal, he was gone and not coming back unless Disney bought the franchise and wanted to squeeze every last drop of blood out of it, and what's the odds of THAT happening.

• TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

I remember having that exact argument with somebody. I declared victory after Revenge of the Sith. I mean, it was a done deal, he was gone and not coming back unless Disney bought the franchise and wanted to squeeze every last drop of blood out of it, and what's the odds of THAT happening.

Any blood-squeezing can be laid at the feet of Lucasfilm, not Disney. Maul was brought back in the Clone Wars cartoon, it predates the buyout by half a year.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    TamerBill wrote: »

Any blood-squeezing can be laid at the feet of Lucasfilm, not Disney. Maul was brought back in the Clone Wars cartoon, it predates the buyout by half a year.

Shhhh.....don't let the facts get in the way of that Disney hate. :p lol

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • UltimaRexUltimaRex Registered User new member
    Long time reader, first time poster and I do this to ask two questions that this has put in my head:

1) has anyone realised that this is the half that can have kids and-
    2) do the two halves even like each other anymore? (I know what my bottom half would do left to his own devices...)

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    UltimaRex wrote: »
    Long time reader, first time poster and I do this to ask two questions that this has put in my head:

1) has anyone realised that this is the half that can have kids and-
    2) do the two halves even like each other anymore? (I know what my bottom half would do left to his own devices...)

I am frankly disappointed that this comic didn't devote an entire chat bubble to Darth Mauls genitals. Does Darth Maul have a 2 cock configuration, cloaca, or retractable ovipositor situation?

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    The leg half would clearly be the good half. Freed of it's oppressive torso, it can now do what it wants. Just go for strolls. I mean like looong strolls. All day. Multi-day. Non-stop. Non. Stop. Strolls.
    Some sith attaches some killer robot torso to it. But the legs won't cooperate. They just stroll off preventing the evil robot upper part from doing anything malevolent.

YoungFrey on
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    The Jedi always did preach against attachment.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

"Hey guys I have a bad cough today. You know what'd be neat? If our Jedi killing cyborg had a bad cough. Let's give him a bad cough!"

• DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

"Hey guys I have a bad cough today. You know what'd be neat? If our Jedi killing cyborg had a bad cough. Let's give him a bad cough!"

Without the Star Wars stuff this could also be a reference to Peter Molyneux and his dev teams.

• Elric4985Elric4985 Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

That was apparently inspired by Lucas having a case of bronchitis around that time.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

Heck, I'm pretty sure it was in the novels even before that.

• Emperor MegamanEmperor Megaman Registered User regular
    Gabe's observation is raising some serious points with serious implications.
    would the being with the bottom half be able to use the force?
    would he consider himself Darth Maul when he doesn't have Darth Maul's brain?