As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre-PAX Board Game Night 2022

SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of DestructionRegistered User regular
edited August 2023 in PAX West
This will not be anything like the big events in the past, but I wanted to get the discussion going again this year. I have reached out to the Sheraton to set up some tables on the second floor for us, but even if they don't my group will once again be set up in the lobby playing some games and I hope others join. I know we will be playing Dead Reckoning, Start Wars Outer Rim, Foundations of Rome, and possibly set up our large scale custom version of the 80s classic Assault on Hoth: The Empire Strikes Back. I am sure we will have other games as well, so stop by and hop in.

Plan is to start around 5pm Thursday Sep 1, and game all night.

Let me know if you are interested and I can update the Hotel.

IhtGIyi.png
zerzhul on

• SirUberNoobPwnrSirUberNoobPwnr Registered User regular
    This is my first time going to West and Seattle (Im a former Pax South attendee). I would LOVE to hang out with some peeps and game.

cqcb3p99yvzy.png
  • PavioPavio Registered User regular
    I'm down! Even without a huge turnout last year it was fun and this year I'd expect even more will be there.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • R23R23 Registered User regular
    I could bring Gloomhaven Jaws of the Lion and Star Wars Outer Rim with expansions if folks are interested.

• R23R23 Registered User regular
    Anyone interested in submitting a community meetup for this event? The link was included in the schedule announcement email today.

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    R23 wrote: »
    Anyone interested in submitting a community meetup for this event? The link was included in the schedule announcement email today.

Since this is before the actual event on Thursday, I don’t think it would be approved. Also depends on where the community meetup room is. Hanging out relaxing in the hotel before the madness begins is a big selling point.

IhtGIyi.png
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Since I will be
    a) arriving on Thursday
    b) driving up instead of flying in
    c) staying in the Sheraton

I would be completely interested in some board gaming the night before!

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • brokenmousebrokenmouse Registered User new member
    Very interested as well. Staying at the Sheraton with some buddies who would want to play.

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Sheraton never got back to me about setting up tables, but with Pax using the second floor for registration and Vax check, they probably wouldn't anyway. So we will once again be set up in the lobby gaming. Hope to see others.

IhtGIyi.png
  • SirUberNoobPwnrSirUberNoobPwnr Registered User regular
    I'll keep an eye on this forum. I am new to West so I don't know what lobby you're referring to.

cqcb3p99yvzy.png
    I'll keep an eye on this forum. I am new to West so I don't know what lobby you're referring to.

The Sheraton Hotel is right across the street from the main entrance of the Convention Center (Main doors are a block away though). Just look for the big tower with an S on it. If you walk in the main doors you will see the check in desk in front of you. Turn to the right and you will see the lobby where people will be set up.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Taraka_DarkTaraka_Dark Registered User regular
    I attend ID@Xbox most years, but that does not seem to be a thing this year, and Microsoft hasn't even procured Exhibitor booth space. I'm interested in coming to game at this event by mid-Thursday evening and have mentioned it to a new friend who is going to tell his boardgame group about it, but will there be tables in the lobby space? My game that I am bringing is HEXplore It Volume I: The Valley Of The Dead King.

• ElusaphiElusaphi Registered User new member
    I am interested.

edited August 2022
    I attend ID@Xbox most years, but that does not seem to be a thing this year, and Microsoft hasn't even procured Exhibitor booth space. I'm interested in coming to game at this event by mid-Thursday evening and have mentioned it to a new friend who is going to tell his boardgame group about it, but will there be tables in the lobby space? My game that I am bringing is HEXplore It Volume I: The Valley Of The Dead King.

No additional tables, just lounge style seating and a few bar height larger tables.
    Here is a shot of the lobby to give a bit of an idea: https://cache.marriott.com/content/dam/marriott-renditions/SEASI/seasi-lobby-2737-hor-clsc.jpg?output-quality=70&interpolation=progressive-bilinear&downsize=1215px:*

It is not ideal for gaming, but it works. There are also more tables in the bar area.

The whole point to them originally setting up tables for us on the second floor was that we took up all the space in the lobby and bar area. Last year we only had a handful of people so if we get more this year and fill up the areas maybe next year they will actual set up tables.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
    I am going to be bringing Apples to Apples big picture, and superfight

Where is this?

I'm taking a look around now. If I don't see anybody, I'll be back after helping my fellow exhibitors unpack (in about an hour).

For anyone looking (e.g. @Elusaphi ), most everyone is off to the right of the first floor escalators with the exception of a game of Dead Reckoning in the dining area called The Fountain.

Okay! I'll be back after an hour of unpacking with HEXplore It: Valley Of The Dead King and Clash Of Decks Season 2 (all expansions!), which I just got in the mail yesterday!

Clash of Decks: Season 2, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grammesedition/clash-of-decks-season-2?ref=android_project_share

I never made it back, and it's time for me to eat. If anyone is still up for playing either of the games that I mentioned, just let me know. We can arrange to play either sometime this weekend: I'll be at PAX all 4 days!

• BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I played a couple of rounds of Red7, and then I was introduced to a game called fUnfair, which I liken to Smash Up + Race to the Galaxy.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
    Any chance of this happening for 2023??

edited August 2023
    Any chance of this happening for 2023??

Yep, I am currently working on getting us a space so we don't just have to set up in a lobby. I have been talking with the PAX team and it looks like they will be able to let us use the Willow ballroom on the 2nd floor of the Sheraton, near where badge pick up will be. I am waiting for final confirmation for set up and tear down, but it is looking good.

Plan will be the same as last year. Start about 5pm on Thursday August 31st.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
This discussion has been closed.