As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Rulemonger

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Rulemonger!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Rulemonger

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• PyrianPyrian Registered User regular
    "Bullshit someone made up to win" was a constant problem back when I played 40k.

• LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    You can’t prevent a draw two with your own draw two and you don’t get money for landing on free parking

• Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    Lttlefoot wrote: »
    You can’t prevent a draw two with your own draw two and you don’t get money for landing on free parking

You can also only play one card on your turn in UNO.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Makes me think of playing 42 (aka Texas 42) back in college, where it was a big deal. It's a trick-taking game played with double-six dominoes. There are all sorts of exotic bids and variants that have been added on to the game, and much heated debate about whether "that's a real thing".

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I like that one of the tags for the comic is "Hateful, self-serving lies"

So far, the only comic with that tag, but I expect there will be more

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    To be fair, the Who Can Fight subheading has always been a confusing mess, with each edition more confusing than the last.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Monopoly doesn't have any rules against mutual agreements for profits. If, say, you give the final property another player needs in exchange for profits from other players and splitting the cost of new construction.

The point being you and others can very easily win Monopoly if you use collective action.

• beeftruckbeeftruck Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Why is there music auto playing on the comic page and how do I make it stop? Is this Myspace?

beeftruck on
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    beeftruck wrote: »
    Why is there music auto playing on the comic page and how do I make it stop? Is this Myspace?

I imagine it's from an ad. You could report it, PA probably doesn't want really annoying ads running on their site. But, at least in Chrome, you can mute entite sites. So you can have it mute penny-arcade.com