As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TMNT Games] Shredder's Revenge is out now and is also radically good??

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    They are taking forever to release the physical Switch version of Shredder's Revenge.
    Includes: Reversible Cover, Sprite Stickers, Art Booklet, Free Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza
    Released on September 27, 2022.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    They are taking forever to release the physical Switch version of Shredder's Revenge.
    Includes: Reversible Cover, Sprite Stickers, Art Booklet, Free Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza
    Released on September 27, 2022.

Yep, really want this to release so I can finally play it...I thought they said in August but I could be wrong.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    It's Limited Run, they just make up dates and delay all the time

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

I wonder if them getting bought up will make them better or even worse.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022

/facepalm

I wonder if them getting bought up will make them better or even worse.

Probably have no effect or will improve it since it isn't some malicious thing where they're just "making up dates" nor is it incompetence in any way shape or form, but rather the reality of being in that type of business. An influx of cash and support from new ownership might make things a little faster but the way you word your post makes it seem like they are either doing this stuff on purpose or due to indifference... because they don't like money? It doesn't take a genius to reason that if they could get these things out faster they'd be more profitable, and therefore would do so if the circumstances allowed for it.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    You can disagree with the issues people have with Limited Run games (numerous places have stated them), but it's kind of funny to pretend that them being bad is some obscure take or that they're pretend issues that couldn't possibly make any sense. Over promising and under delivering is very common in special order businesses.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    There's also several other companies that do what they do, and aren't consistently called out for being shit

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Cracked open Cowabunga collection. Very nice interface. There's no invincibility option but what's there is nice.
    Edit there's an option for some games not all which is weird

Watched the NES TMNT playthrough and even the computer was making weird moves at the end. I'm convinced no human could beat that game legitimately

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Finally got to play the original 1989 TMNT arcade game thanks to Cowabunga Collection. I think I've been spoiled by Turtles in Time and Shredder's Revenge, because TMNT arcade is pretty nakedly a quarter vacuum. It's super easy to get stunlocked to oblivion. I was only playing single player though, would imagine it works out differently when you have turtle bros to rescue you. Other annoyances are how slow you move and the lack of a dash. Also I could never get the crowd clearing special move to come out consistently. Very frustrating.

Does this game support 4 player couch co-op? That would be pretty damn fun if so.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Finally got to play the original 1989 TMNT arcade game thanks to Cowabunga Collection. I think I've been spoiled by Turtles in Time and Shredder's Revenge, because TMNT arcade is pretty nakedly a quarter vacuum. It's super easy to get stunlocked to oblivion. I was only playing single player though, would imagine it works out differently when you have turtle bros to rescue you. Other annoyances are how slow you move and the lack of a dash. Also I could never get the crowd clearing special move to come out consistently. Very frustrating.

Does this game support 4 player couch co-op? That would be pretty damn fun if so.

The arcade versions should yes

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Games being quarter vacuums and cartoons being made to push toys. It's kind of obvious looking back on it now

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    They were great toys though

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    I don't know if it's just the Switch version of Cowabunga Collection but oof the online 4 player experience is rough. Loads of slowdown and the audio goes berserk. It's fine with 2 players but as soon as player 3 joins things start going downhill fast. 4 players is borderline unplayable.

It's kindof sad because Shredder's Revenge 6 player online works great.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I don't know if it's just the Switch version of Cowabunga Collection but oof the online 4 player experience is rough. Loads of slowdown and the audio goes berserk. It's fine with 2 players but as soon as player 3 joins things start going downhill fast. 4 players is borderline unplayable.

If you change the frame delay to 7 or 8 it should be better.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »

Even if they barely resembles what they were pushing on TV.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

That was for the best imo

Toy designs > cartoon designs, except maybe Shredder

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

If you change the frame delay to 7 or 8 it should be better.

I tried and 4 player online was still a slide show.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options

That was for the best imo

Toy designs > cartoon designs, except maybe Shredder

It varied. Still, it would be disappointing often enough to really like a character I saw on TV, and then have their action figure look so different.

I mean, I took a sharpie and added dot eyes to my original Turtle figures. That was before Wacky-Action came along.

Still, for all the talk of so many cartoons being little more than 30-minute commercials for toys, it's strange how common it was for the show and the product to look so dissimilar. Heck, G1 Transformers is a stellar example. Just look at Bumblebee's face! That's just one example.

And given all the toon-accurate toys they're making these days (including a rather expensive Turtle Van that actually has stuff the Turtle Van in the cartoon had, unlike the toy), there was and is clearly a market for what they were advertising.

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    JusticeJustice Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    I would've said that about GI Joe, but... seriously, give it a rewatch. We watched all the multi-episodes (2+ parters) and the movie, through 1987 and ignoring the DIC episodes. It's remarkably interesting. The Joes, especially Shipwreck, have recurring crises of identity and trust. There's a running tension between confidence in knowing the righteousness of your actions and doubt about the permanence of change or your ability to discern the real from comforting illusion. Knowing is only half the battle.

Also, we learn that Cobra has really good health insurance.

10/10 recommended on substance.

Justice on
  • Options
    I don't know if this is big enough for its own thread, but it at least seems like it would be of relevant interest here:

More stuff on their Twitter.

• Options
    JusticeJustice Registered User regular
    Wake me up when they do Captain Planet.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Well, that's out of left field. The show got canned after just one season! Is there like a weird online fanbase or something? Or did the devs figure they wanted to latch onto the TMNT revival?

Then again I just recently learned Konami did a four-player Bucky O'Hare game, so what the hell.

https://youtu.be/x2hmnOpDFvE

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Bucky was primed for a huge push but syndication really screwed it over and it never got footing

• Options
    Bucky was primed for a huge push but syndication really screwed it over and it never got footing

I thought it just got low ratings and never really took off despite all the comics and toys and video games.

• Options
    Toxic Avengers had cool toys

Imagine my surprise when I saw the original movie!

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Justice wrote: »

Or Bot masters.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    Justice wrote: »

Or Bot masters.

Well, if we're digging that deep, this might help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68xzY1zi3k8

OTOH, the theme song may be enough, for anyone lucky enough to witness it when it originally ran...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__m8Q-zRdEA

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Oh goddammit that theme music JUST left my head about a month ago after being in there for decades, thanks a lot.

WE'RE SPORTS BOYS, AND WE LIKE MAKING NOISE

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    I'M COOK, AND I CAN TAKE THE HEAT
    BUT DON'T FORGET, YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT

• Options
    Looks like the most recent patch for the TMNT Cowabunga Collection added online play for TMNT III: The Manhattan Project

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I heard stuff was added to the lair, too. Is there a full breakdown anywhere?

• Options
    I heard stuff was added to the lair, too. Is there a full breakdown anywhere?

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1659600/view/5515261257649482682

• Online play added to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project.
    • Additional art added to Behind the Scenes in the Turtles’ Lair, including original Kevin Eastman illustrations created for the Cowabunga Collection.
    • Additional ads added to Magazine Advertisements in the Turtles’ Lair.
    • Invite feature fixed for Nintendo Switch.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I remember reviews saying the Cowabunga Collection was basically unplayable online. Have changes gone through?

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    I remember reviews saying the Cowabunga Collection was basically unplayable online. Have changes gone through?

2P online is fine. 3 or 4 player is a goddamn slide show.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Good for them. Honestly between the cowabunga collection and the Atari 50th package, they have become the gold standard for retro collections.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Shredder's Revenge is getting DLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLlL2oFN0RU
    Dimension Shellshock brings new playable fighters, including the razor-sharp Usagi Yojimbo.

The steely rabbit samurai is ready to hop across dimensions to fight evil and witness a new style of otherworldly battles awaiting the Turtles!

● Explore dimensions in an upcoming new game mode – additional details coming soon!
    ● New playable characters including Usagi Yojimbo!
    ● Amazing new tracks by Tee Lopes!
    ● Exclusive color palettes to unlock. Take a stroll down mutant memory lane with new oozy hues

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Radical!

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Reaganomics!