As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The little crystal turtle [Pokémon] is pretty cute.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Megaman invading pokemon apparently.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    So the new team is some mash-up of Team Skull and Team Flare, except less cool than either?

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    i loved this!

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited September 2022

The heads look kind of like Star Force Mega Man's, as well.

opcpmpjpjf0w.jpg

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    So far I'd play the game just to catch Lechonk and Megamon X + Z and I hate that I'm that easy to bait.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I approve of the new thread title.

• Options
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Everybody's on Megamon but I saw a torkoal riding a golden Doofwagon and now I want that game instead.

• Options
    Are we not going to mention that the gang leader this time around is almost 50% boots and probably stole one of Bowser's cars?

xyijyudehqkc.png
    ckjl1yeshyke.png

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    vhtlt6bknacr.png

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Auto battle seems pretty amusing.

Going off to pick berries in low level routes while Mewtwo commits pidgey genocide in the background.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Oh I guess they decided the game should be harder, what with that 12 level gap there.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    i wonder if the purple megaman thing is exclusive to violet and the other one to crimson, because i definitely want the one with a blades and not the arm cannon.

• Options
    If the one with the mega buster doesn't have a blue shiny, I'm gonna be pissed.

• Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    i wonder if the purple megaman thing is exclusive to violet and the other one to crimson, because i definitely want the one with a blades and not the arm cannon.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    "I'll get you next time, Amarogue!"

*Mela flies off in UFO*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WIjjtNZYjA

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    If the one with the mega buster doesn't have a blue shiny, I'm gonna be pissed.

And, of course, red/yellow color scheme for the sword.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I think this trailer solidified my hype completely.

The new pokemon and characters are all just my jam.

Hardest thing is choosing which new pokemon to shiny hunt first and finding out which pokeballs are available in the game and how easily obtainable they are (I always try to use the same pokeball if possible for Let's go i used premier balls for Sword/shield i used Luxury same with BDSP and Arceus i used Jet balls)

Just having all my shiny in the same pokeball sorted by game is just voila.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    It's worth noting it seems the engine of that car is a pokemon
    Gonna guess it's ghost/ steel or steel /poison

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I was just reminded that one of the designers for Pokemon is Hitoshi Ariga, who once drew the Mega Man manga and is a huge fan of the series. I wonder if he created Armarouge and Ceruledge?

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    It's worth nothing it seems the engine of that car is a pokemon
    Gonna guess it's ghost/ steel or steel /poison
    Go go Rotom Cadillac!

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    A friend of mine was adamant that the engine was just an ornament until i pointed out that it's tongue is literally dripping saliva.

It's a great little background thing they don't really call attention to and i love it.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    In Arceus, lady asks for blue vines; give her bright green vines instead.
    I'm a responsible pharmacist.
    They smelled the same at least.

discrider on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Huh, we just finished our Pokémon Tabletop United Mega Max: Fury Road campaign last year. This should be fun!

Team Star is made up of "rebellious students" which means I want to join Team Star. Pre-emptively disappointed that they won't let me

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Huh, we just finished our Pokémon Tabletop United Mega Max: Fury Road campaign last year. This should be fun!

Team Star is made up of "rebellious students" which means I want to join Team Star. Pre-emptively disappointed that they won't let me

You can’t just drop Fury Indigo Road and not tell us more about it! I want team picks, story, the works.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »

You can’t just drop Fury Indigo Road and not tell us more about it! I want team picks, story, the works.

Sure! In the blasted and damned land of AUSTRALIS, humans and Pokémon alike struggle amongst the ruins of a LOST AGE forever trapped by the ETERNAL STORM. Even as the ruthless IRON EMPIRE consolidates its rule of the coasts and pushes inland, there are rumors that the HERO AURELIA, an ancient legend, has returned to save her beloved Australis. But can anyone truly predict what will happen when the powerful MEGA FRUIT begin to bloom?!

The Cast:
    THE HERO AURELIA - actually a young engineer who believes that BELIEF is all you need, she sets out to recreate herself as the likeness of Aurelia and inspire heroic deeds. Along with her trusty (Galarian) Ponyta (cleverly disguised as a Rapidash), she uses props and trickery to look more inspiring and walk the walk. If only the soft-spoken nerd could learn to talk the talk and unite the people she's trying to save!

THE SKY WARRIOR - given the name 'Icarus' by Aurelia, Icky is a member of the Sky People Tribes of Australis. Unrivaled in their partnership with flying Pokemon, the Sky People tend to keep themselves separate from the ugly brutish ways of the "mud rollers". Icky, however, has been charged by a Shaman with two duties: Exact justice where they find need of it and keep "Aurelia" ALIVE! Riding their two swift Doduo, Pain and Panic, Icky fights accompanied by swarms of small bird Pokemon, using their fearsome fighting prowess to pin their opponents while they succumb to the DIRGE OF A THOUSAND PECKS!

THE VETERAN - a former police officer from a fallen settlement, O'Grady has seen better days. But nobody drives harder or maintains a faster rig in all of western Australis. Accompanied by his extremely technically competent Cubone and his wild and furious Pikachu, O'Grady has a nose for RARE POKEMON and will fight all comers to protect them!

THE REVENANT - Found in a mysterious tower from the LOST AGE, a Ghost/Poison Eevee! "Dusty" doesn't know who she is or how she got here, but she's determined to make the best of it. Frequently learning new ways to use her abilities to help her friends, she brings a strong, if reluctant, force to battle the chaos of Australis!

THE MYSTERIOUS STRANGER - Yarran claims to be from another world, that he is in fact "asleep" right now and undertaking a spiritual journey practiced by his people to "maintain the land". His strange mannerisms may well be an act or a delusion, but his dangerous Zangoose bodyguard and powerful Wartortle are only a few of the surprises Yarran has in store. With a mystical connection to Suicune, Yarran has an unerring sense for fresh water and water Pokémon, vital pieces to survival in Australis. He claims that his journey shall disperse the ETERNAL STORM, yet how much can you trust this stranger and his adorably weird Yamper, PRINCESS WUBBLEFLUFF?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    My son just caught a shiny Gyarados in Pokemon Shield and man he's absolutely glowing. This happened like 3 hours ago and he's still talking about it.

I fucking love this series.

• Options
    In Arceus, and just blitzing the quest line to get Basculegion on board.

Guy needs a Poke but too afraid to get it himself. Calls me suicidal for still wanting to get it.
    So of course I just race out and catch it before the time of day even rotates.
    Can't deny a request like that.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVs6YUscLZk

Just in case. So you know.

• Options
    Yeah. Couldn't care less about Goldeneye.
    But Pichu Power Plant?
    And 1080?
    And that one Mario party game that burns a hole in your hand I guess?

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Yeah. Couldn't care less about Goldeneye.
    But Pichu Power Plant?
    And 1080?
    And that one Mario party game that burns a hole in your hand I guess?

Yeah, like the Joycons aren't having enough problems already.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Frankly, not sure you'd get enough torque to reel in those rods with the softer sticks.
    But I'm not sure I saw any N64 controller damage from Stadium related button mashing.

I also did want to do pilotwings with the Ringfit controller though.
    Although I doubt that would be compatible.

discrider on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    xyijyudehqkc.png

They could just climb entirely inside one boot and hop around in it and shit

x3c54y0mppky.gif

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I'd read a leak about a worm Pokemon that resembles Diglett weaks ago, so I guess I need to go back and see what else they said.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »

I'd read a leak about a worm Pokemon that resembles Diglett weaks ago, so I guess I need to go back and see what else they said.

Yeah, that one's actually been known about for a pretty long while. There's a ton of confirmed credible leaks out there right now for this game (presumably coming from Chinese testers or something). There's still one major thing/feature I'm kinda shocked they haven't revealed yet.
    Regional Fakes - aka Past and Future forms (depending on game color) of certain pokemon... basically regional forms but slightly different I guess and themed around the past and future

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Ed Sheeran made a Pokémon music video for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23g5HBOg3Ic

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Wiglett sounds like a slur.

It's also apparently based on Garden Eeels.

• Options
    edited September 2022

Yeah, that one's actually been known about for a pretty long while. There's a ton of confirmed credible leaks out there right now for this game (presumably coming from Chinese testers or something). There's still one major thing/feature I'm kinda shocked they haven't revealed yet.
    Regional Fakes - aka Past and Future forms (depending on game color) of certain pokemon... basically regional forms but slightly different I guess and themed around the past and future
    This is one of the reasons I'm getting Scarlet. More prehistoric pokemon.

Give me a fat stout pikachu that looks mad, has a five o clock shadow and wears a caveman singlet along with a giant club.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

This is one of the reasons I'm getting Scarlet. More prehistoric pokemon.

Give me a fat stout pikachu that looks mad, has a five o clock shadow and wears a caveman singlet along with a giant club.

Maybe they'll finally canonize the
    "tiger with boobs" Pikachu
    that NoA tried to get made when localizing Red and Blue