As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Well with 1 shard a week (and hopefully with a set rotation) it will take a while before anyone can get 5 of any color. Also, as I understand, though I might be wrong here, each shard can only go on one frame (there doesn't seem to be shard sharing between frames). So if you have 1 blue shard and put it on Mesa (for example) then you have 0 blue shards to put on Saryn. You can always take if off Mesa and put it on Saryn but whos got he time for that am I right? They may end up making those things tradeable but then the rare powered up ones will sell for massive profit, as it should be?

I however honestly think that the changes they ae implementing in VeilBreaker in regards to AOE ranged weapons will do absolutely nothing to address a perceived problem that they created. There is a simple fix to the problem but they seem to not want to bring back self-damage so ... get ready for the nerfs.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    they said something about a vendor that might have the shard thingies as well, so maybe 2 a week! who knows?

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    If you only get shards from the weekly mission, it'll take an average of 18 months to fill a warframe with five copies of the same color of tauforged shard.

However, it will only take one month to fill all five of your main's slots with any color of shard. And then you just start replacing as you go, taking shards out as you get better ones, bringing yourself ever closer to your ideal build. And then you can give hand-me-down shards from your main to your second favorite and then your third favorite. It'll be a long grind to perfection, but it's incremental enough that you should always feel like you're accomplishing something, week to week.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Will be interesting to see what the offensive shards end up being.

I would love something like 'x% of your ability damage is converted to True damage' or something like that.

Been doing some farms for endo doing the narmer bounties today and I'm still bemused by how effective Exodia Contagion is. Like I am relatively sure it is double-dipping on damage buffs somehow because thats the only way I can explain it doing 6-9 million damage against dropships at 0 combo.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    This video is not an exaggeration of how powerful Ivara is with the Nataruk bow.
    https://youtu.be/dFiqBU4NlJo

Helminth-ing in Mirages ability though is just overkill. You'll still single-shot kill Stalker disciples without it.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Ugh I hate profit taker. I can only do a few runs before it starts actually physically hurting me and I get a dull throb behind an eye. Too much white, too much glow, too many enemies and particle effects, too much magnetic bullshit ui fritzing and too much knockdown.

But Jesus save me its still the most efficient way, AFAIK, to get little duck standing via crisma toroids.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    It's for sure the most faction/minute but I have a much better time using ivara to pickpocket max alert bases for the lower tier toroids. In between projects for work, listening to harry dresden fail to understand relationships while doing mindless stuff in warframe is nice.

This video is not an exaggeration of how powerful Ivara is with the Nataruk bow.
    https://youtu.be/dFiqBU4NlJo

Helminth-ing in Mirages ability though is just overkill. You'll still single-shot kill Stalker disciples without it.

Ivara is the best that ever was. So good for nearly everything and so much more potent than a casual glance shows.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Yeah, per minute, it's definitely the most efficient way, but if you want to change it up, if you had a good team that could stay on top of exploiter orb, that's probably only about half as efficient, which is a hell of a lot faster than anything else

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Ivara stronk but using navigator is a huge pain in the ass compared to point and click screen clearing AOE

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    It's a different playstyle for sure, I much prefer it myself, but she also has a giant aoe mode that does significant damage.

• Options
    Man I was doing some simulacrum testing today and some stuff is really a shambles.

First I found out that the Theorem arcanes are not, in fact, supposed to reach max stacks and then be unable to be refreshed. If one continues to move from Residual field to field, the buffed damage stays, even if the UI indicator for the buff will have fallen off. And as long as you keep the invisible buff going, the UI will never be able to add the buff to your buff bar, even though it is continuing to be refreshed in the background.

Turns out Theorem Infection, the companion/summon damage buff? Well, it doesn't fall off. It just continues to exist on your pet forever, stacking up higher and higher every time you cycle the buff. At around the 8th cycle - somewhere over +2500% damage - it appears to hit an overflow error and stops providing the buff, and you will not be able to start the cycle over again until you kill the pet in some way. And yes, this perma-buff bug affects Wuclone.

Theorem Contagion was just flat out never updated in 31.6 like it was supposed to. Its damage was supposed to be increased from 25 to 150, and the duration of the buff was supposed to last 30 seconds instead of 5.
    Theorem Contagion
    Standing in a zone created by a Residual Arcane creates a globe that orbits the player every 2s. The globe will strike the nearest enemy within 15m dealing 150 (was 25) damage increasing their vulnerability to the globe’s damage type by 25%/200% for 6s (was 1s). Globes will persist for 30s (was 5s) upon leaving the zone.
    However if you go into the simulacrum and just do it at, say, a rank 0 (which is supposed to have those stats, only the vulnerability is supposed to change with rank) you can clearly see that it still only does 25 damage and only lasts 5 seconds. It just apparently was never actually updated.

I know DE doesn't care about QA on stuff that's not meta or popular but holy shit today was fascinating.

• Options
    Dac wrote: »
    Turns out Theorem Infection, the companion/summon damage buff? Well, it doesn't fall off. It just continues to exist on your pet forever, stacking up higher and higher every time you cycle the buff. At around the 8th cycle - somewhere over +2500% damage - it appears to hit an overflow error and stops providing the buff, and you will not be able to start the cycle over again until you kill the pet in some way. And yes, this perma-buff bug affects Wuclone.

Aw man, I was gonna use that one on my Swarm Nekros build.

• Options
    Can you reset the bugged buff by jumping into water/stuck ?

• Options
    edited September 2022

You can still use it. Unless you're making the swarm last a very long time, they will likely die before you get off 8 cycles of the buff. Right?
    kralizecc wrote: »
    Can you reset the bugged buff by jumping into water/stuck ?

Which one? lol

The UI bug, the only way to 'unbug' it is to let the buff rolling in the background fall off naturally. That will allow you to start accumulating a new stack, which the UI will start tracking again. Like let's say you hit max stacks, and the 20s buff indicator starts to decay. If you step onto another Residual zone at 5 seconds left on the buff, the EFFECT will refresh at 20 seconds, but the UI will ignore it and continue to tick down the last 5 seconds, and seem to disappear, even though you will still be benefiting from the buff for another 15 seconds after that. You have to wait those 15 seconds for the now untracked buff to actually expire before the game comes to its senses. e: I guess anything that would normally cancel all your buffs would also do it. But it's kind of unnecessary to deliberately do.

As for the Infection buff, I'm pretty sure that the damage buff on the companion/pet remained despite falling off the platforms in the simulacrum lots of times. Like unless the pet/companion/summon 'dies,' it seems like it will retain it.

Dac on
  • Options

You can still use it. Unless you're making the swarm last a very long time, they will likely die before you get off 8 cycles of the buff. Right?

Yeah, the only part of the build that would probably last long enough to run into the bug is the robo-dog who splits into three mini-robo-dogs. And maybe my railjack crew member, if the arcane counts that as a summon in the first place.

While I do use a decent amount of duration in that build, I would need to be getting an unusually high amount of energy to be spamming Shadows so often that it would become a problem.

The ghosts from Ballistica Prime and the sand zombies from Inaros' Helminth ability definitely don't last long enough for the bug to be relevant.

• Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Well that was unexpected ... VeilBreaker drops tomorrow. Doesn't make a difference to me since I'm almost always a couple of quest behind the curve. Some of the QOL stull will be interesting though.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    Some parts of it will be delayed a week, but the intro quest and the ability to do the shard stuff will be available.

Very surprised. I cynically assumed it would be like the 28th. Big ups.

• Options
    First archon hunt done! We had 3, but then one guy split from us, went far away, and died. And obviously with the rules, I don't think he could be picked up, and left. That left me, a Gara, and an Oberon, to do the hunt. We did it - though it took a while. Definitely some severe damage attenuation going on there.

Blue shard get. Now to wait for the helminth section to build.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    I gotta say, though, if the picture they showed of the amber shard bonuses is accurate, those might not see much use. The 'health orbs more effective' one especially.

Yeah, I get it, tauforged that's +150% effectiveness of health orbs per shard. But health orbs are an unreliable resource, and why someone that's at the level needed to get these shards would ever be relying on them for healing is baffling.

Cast speed is potentially really good though, especially with the armor changes. Might not even care about getting a higher armor strip through power strength if 4x tauforged cast speeds gets you +150% cast speed and you can bust out two casts of an armor strip super fast.
    de6d13db80104fe48f28ccd84c8e688a.jpg

Dac on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Just to be clear, using Archon shards require interacting with the Helminth?

• Options

Yes.

• Options

Yes.

Thanks for the information.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

the new quest gives you a helminth upgrade

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

the new quest gives you a helminth upgrade

The only "upgrade" I want is to be able to burn and/or vent that entire compartment to space.

I suppose I'll go in once to clear/complete the quest, much as I occasionally go in now (with the sound off, and not really looking) to pop boils on the necks of new frames. But that's it.

• Options
    helminth is a good audrey
    it just wants to repair your warframes and be loved

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    +30% max energy on spawn is pretty good. will free up a mod slot for preparation on a number of my frames.

*edit* that new protea skins is very nice.

SteveRage on
    -in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    SteveRage wrote: »
    +30% max energy on spawn is pretty good. will free up a mod slot for preparation on a number of my frames.

*edit* that new protea skins is very nice.

I would maybe do that on an Ivara build where my entire intent is just to hit Prowl and ghost to the end of the mission. I do that with energy pads currently.

But that's kind of why I probably wouldn't for basically anything else. Mod space is at such a premium, and shards moreso, that I couldn't imagine dropping a slot for an effect that I could get out of a pad.

• Options
    the sentient spawn rate on the archon hunt is absolutely fucked

• Options
    God Terrify is so good now, the only thing holding it down at all is energy cost.

60% armor strip, 15m range. Incredibly simple to get that to 100% and boost range. And then you throw the augment on it and all enemies affected are slowed by 80% as they try to run, feared.

I know Gloom offers a lot of sustain but damn.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

And nom your kavat.

... Kitty gets real offended when it does it, too.

• Options
    Spoilers for Veilbreaker quest:

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

And nom your kavat.

I laughed real hard the first time that happened

• Options
    Revenant has always been ridiculous, even with the new eximus mechanics I could still refresh mesmer charges with reave quickly. This change makes him super silly and the archon fight was a joke with that invulnerability going. Hardest part was the summons, for some reason it was difficult to hit the cannisters while getting tossed around by what I assume is some repulsive power something has.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »

And nom your kavat.

I laughed real hard the first time that happened

I didn't know it was a thing, so I got briefly worried when it did, but when kitty got spat out covered in Audrey-spit, that was funny.

• Options
    DE if Equinox Duality clone is going to use ammo, can it at least get like a 90% damage reduction, or use my arcanes, or like, anything.

At least it still has infinite heavy ammo. (For now.)

• Options
    Thanks to the magic of archon shards, Inaros and Nidus can finally have shields.

• Options
    Thanks to the magic of archon shards, Inaros and Nidus can finally have shields.

Unfortunately no. If you try, the option on the chair is locked. Same thing if you try and put energy on Lavos.

• Options
    yla66mw79osr.png
    I think I'm rich?

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Fire rate is good and status chance is good. Crit rate on the Proboscis though is so so (and the disposition is terrible at x0.65)

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    also fuck finding buyers for rivens lol

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.